TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

Nightpaw, who had been watching around her from under a fern bush, sighed and krept halfway out of the soft, dark cluster of leaves and lay down again. This was only her second gathering - her first being when she was still in training as a Warrior - and she doubted she would ever get used to so many different cats around her. She glanced around desperately for her mentor, but through the many pelts and jumbled scents there wasn't a trace of him. She nearly jumped out of her skin when an apprentice of another clan passed in front of her, and with a flick of her tail she silently prayed to Starclan that Windclan would hurry up and arrive so that this nightmare would be over.

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Evidently unnoticed, the young apprenticed slipped back under cover and returned to where a cluster of apprentices sat... she then noticed one young she-cat under a fernbush and decided to introduce herself. "Hi, My name is Lynxpaw", she mewed with a playful smile on her face, " and yours?" A cat that wanted freinds needed to be freindly... even if freinds in other clans were.... welll not always to be counted on. Still, there was no harm in socializing at Gathering. Besides, this she cat didn't seem in the least threatening. She wasn't much older than herself, she could see, in fact she seemed to be uncomfortable with all the strange sounds and smells at gathering. Riverclan from the smell of her... apprentice medicine cat if the scent of herbs that clung to her pelt was any indication, the fluffy pelted apprentice decided.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Startled by the sound of another cat near her, Nightpaw jumped with a squeal. Her icy blue eyes wide, she turned towards the voice. The she-cat was young, and smelled of Thunderclan. With a shy smile the small, black cat turned and said "Erm...I'm sorry. I'll never be used to this many cats around. My name is Nightpaw." She flicked her tail and forced the fur on the back of her neck to lie flat. I'm a medicine cat. I have to get used to this. Besides, they wouldn't hurt me at a gathering, would they? She sniffed, knowing she was much more jumpy than usual, and crept the rest of the way out of the bush to sit in front of Lynxpaw.

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Briarstar's ears flicked backwards at the snort, but his mouth held a small smile. That was why his clan was better than Shadowclan. His clan new manners and new how to be a clan. Shadowclan was now nothing more than a group of savage cats, maybe this new leader would be able to salvage Shadowclan, but if all of their warriors were like Yellowpath, it wasn't likely. He half-closed his eyes and flicked his tail lightly against the ground, but he nodded to Yewberry, a nod that wasn't a sign of respect, but more of a thanks his deputy behaved himself in public unlike Shadowclan's.

~~~~~~

Oaktail rolled his eyes. Those stupid Shadowclan cats knew less respect and honor than a Riverclan newborn. The handsome tom bristled his fur as the one deputy snorted. Was that snort also applying to his leader? Oaktail bared his teeth, which won him a glare from his clan leader, and a hiss escaped from his throat. A sharp glare and flick of his leader's tail made him sit back down, though his eyes were still narrowed and his ears flattened. He knew the rules, no fighting during the Gathering.

((sorry, I was somewhere else for a while. Piano class.))

Shadowpelt was slightly disgruntled by the young apprentice that had come upon her so suddenly. Lynxpaw, was she? Shadowpelt thought she had heard her name as she boldly approached Nightpaw. Her strong point had never been socializing, especially with members from other Clans. That Lynxpaw had remarkable skill for slinking about. Shadowpelt instantly took a liking to her. But that didn't mean that she would show it, or anything else, for that matter. All the same, she was already warming to her more than any other cat she had met. She noted down her name and clan for the future. She continued to the clump of warriors, intending to share tongues and find out the happenings in the other clans.

Edited by Sylverfinger

Yewberry saw Oaktail's reaction. He had always clashed with the tom due to their personalities, but this was one thing they saw eye to eye on. He felt a stir of pride to see that RiverClan, even in rank with ShadowClan, was still far more respectful. Yewberry sighed and turned his eyes to the sky, trying to calm down. He looked at the moon, taking deep breaths. StarClan, please help me not to disgrace my Clan tonight. Let me have the patience of Briarstar. He thought. If there was one quality he respected most in the older tom, it was his patience. Something that Yewberry was terribly afraid that he'd never be able to replicate.

Ravenstar flicked her tail, glancing at Deadstar and Briarstar. WindClan surely was taking a while... maybe some ShadowClan warriors had stopped them as they came? She raised her head and parted her jaws to inhale the chilly scents of the forest. There was a sparrow chirping quietly above, obviously tired that it had stayed up until this time. There was the crunch of earth as the cats from the Clans padded around, and ThunderClan, RiverClan, and ShadowClan scents mixed together. Her amber eyes looked up, peering up at the frosty sky. StarClan, give me patience... she murmured to herself, flicking her tail.

The she-cat apprentice nodded; gathering was a noisy confusing time... lots of strange smells for her nose and many strange pelts to remember... the difference was is that unlike this other she-cat, Lynxpaw saw it as an opportunity to meet cats she wouldn't at other times. "So," said Lynxpaw after a pause," you are the medicine cat apprentice, right?" she asked , quite forgetting for the moment that the skittish she-cat hadn't even mentioned it to her. " What is it like... to be training to become a medicine cat, I mean... our clan's medicine cat doesn't currently have an apprentice," she added. Her eyes sparkled... she might have made a medicine cat apprentice, too; but that must not have been StarClan's plan for her... for some reason being a warrior had always appealed more. St tht moment she realized that she probably startled the other she cat with knowing that, weell, not matter; she could explain if necessary.

For a moment she glanced back at the stealthy she-cat she had noticed before... had the clevershadows taken her as a kit... it would explain the Thunderclan undernotes to her scent. Most cats wouldn't even realize they were there, even the sensitive nose of the young apprentice could barely detect them buried under Riverclan's fishy scent, but they were still there. The she-kit refklected thn, that that might well have been her. She decided then and there that this cat was sort of like a sister to her... they really did have much in common.

Edited by LeopardDragon

((AHHH didn't know we start >.< anyways, how is speckledpelt there if WindClan hasn't arrived yet?))

Panting, Honeystar led her clan onto the island. Running around all the other cats, she leaped into the tree and announced "Sorry WindClan is late. The Gathering may begin." She settled down on her branch and dipped her head to tell the other leaders they may begin.

Fernflight watched as WindClan arrived at the Gathering. She felt safer now that their allies were here. It was unnerving being surrounded by Clevershadows everywhere... She looked around for her apprentice, Lynxpaw, and saw her chatting with another apprentice. This is a good time to be socializing she thought, but she was too tense to be socializing.

((oh and the forms should be edited so the passwords are not in them, in the member's posts and the op))

Edited by dragcave:D

Shadowpelt was conscious that Lynxpaw was looking at her. She knew that, by her gaze, Lynxpaw had a keen nose. Sharper, in fact, than even her. She seemed to have detected something about Shadowpelt that was strange or unusual. Shadowpelt wondered briefly at this information, then discarded it. She was a Riverclan and that was about all she knew unquestionably.

"Windclan will come. They must," Briarstar murmured, dark eye warm. Patience was a virtue of his. If need be, he could wait quite the while. He turned his head to the sky where the moon shone brightly. They needed to start soon or the night might be wasted. Briarstar closed his eyes briefly and flciked his tail back and forth. The night was crisp and cool, not a bad night to be waiting.

((I'll do that, Drag. ;D)) Ravenstar watched as Honeystar leapt into the tree, apologizing that WindClan was late. She narrowed her eyes and nodded, glancing at Deadstar and nodding once more. "Since you are the new leader of ShadowClan, you may start first, Deadstar." the black and white she cat announced, curling her tail around her paws and licking her chest fur a few times. Her ears swiveled around, listening to the convorsation of the Clans. ShadowClan were stiff and smug amongst the others, as always. Yellowpath narrowed his eyes and looked up at Deadstar, flattening his ears a bit. His sister was so weak... what would she say? She better have a good explaination and good words to say... nothing about "peace" and "ending the War of the Roses" as she said in her Clan. ((How about Lynxnose, Leopard? :>))

((Guys, we have an OCC. It's on the second page so we won't fill the RP with OCC chatter. :>))

(Hey guys, sorry. I guess I missed al ot. Did I miss anything important??)

Edited by princessshae121

((Lynxfur? Lynxclaw? Lynxheart? Lynxpelt? Lynxfang?))

Good, Windclan was at last here. The wait was over. Shadowpelt wondered what had kept them so long. The Gathering was important, made more important by the fact that it was about the only time where the four clans could all meet without fighting.

Shadowpelt turned to the gathered leaders and sat, bright eyes unblinking in interest. Gatherings were always an excellent way to find out what was happening and the conditions in the other clans without fighting.

Lynxpaw turned her attention from her chat to the Leaders... it seemed that Windclan had finally all gotten here... now things might get interesting. In the old days, the apprentice thought as she watched the sky, cats had believed that if the moon was blocked by a cloud during Gathering it was a sign of Starclan's displeasure; at least, that is what the clan elders had told her... and it had been regarded as a bad omen.n Lynxpaw, for her part believed these things too, to some extent anyway.

It might be interesting to find out what life was like in the other clans too. She kept an ear faced towards the other she-cat seated next to her and ready to whisper a response should she want to coninue theri discussion.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Yewberry settled slightly as he saw WindClan. He thanked StarClan silently and turned his gaze back to Yellowpath. A fight at a Gathering was unheard of. But, perhaps ShadowClan would step over the boundary too much. Then he could teach that cat the meaning of true respect. Yewberry's cold stare now turned to look at the ShadowClan leader. She didn't seem like the others. There was something off about her. Perhaps she would be the leader to end the war. It was a very pleasant thought, indeed, but that was all it would ever be. ShadowClan enjoyed it's power over the other Clans far too much to end the war. It was up to ThunderClan and WindClan. He was more than certain that, if it came down to an organized battle against ShadowClan, he would join ThunderClan and WindClan, but he wasn't stupid enough to join a patrol that was doomed to fail.

Briarstar smiled at the Windclan leader as she apologized. "It is fine, Honeystar. I'm sure whatever kept you was important," he murmured, not a trace of sarcasm in his voice as he dipped his head, his tail flicking as if the matter was of no importance. He twitched his whiskers and nodded to Deadstar, interested in what the she-cat would have to say and what degree of influence her deputy had on what she said. Oaktail rolled his eyes as he saw the Windclan leader, Honeystar, finally emerge. What had taken her so long? As a leader she ought to know not to make the other clans wait. He rolled his eyes even more so when he heard what his leader quietly stated. Fine? It was not fine. That stupid she-cat had made them wait forever!

Deadstar nodded, clearing her throat and looking over the assembled cats with a rather calm gaze, though it hardened somewhat when she met Yellowpath's eyes.

"As I am sure you can all tell, the most important piece of news from ShadowClan, right now, is the passing of our leader, Goldstar. He was a strong leader of the Clan, and a kind uncle to myself and Yellowpath- who, incidentally, is the new deputy of ShadowClan."

The tabby she-cat paused, lightly licking a paw and swiping it over an ear. "In better news, we have had four apprentices earn their warrior name," she continued. She steeled her nerves for the next part. Yellowpath might hate it, but... well. It had to be done.

"Prey has also been running quite well in our territories. Well enough, at least, that I feel comfortable in giving ThunderClan new hunting grounds."

Honeystar gasped quietly. Did i hear Deadstar right? she thought to herself. ShadowClan had never given away territory before, though ThunderClan was always generous. "And now of all times!" she muttered to herself. "During a war... Is Deadstar trying to give us peace? Or is she trying to trick us?" Louder, she said "That's very generous of you Deadstar."

Fernflight gasped and stared at Deadstar. She felt like yowling a cheer, but instead, she thought it over. I wonder which patch they'll give us? She smiled and purred contently. Before long, THunderClan would be at it's strongest again... and hopefully end the war.

Ravenstar groomed her chest again, that is until she heard Deadstar offer her hunting territories. The black and white she cat's eyes widened, staring at the ShadowClan leader. "Why, I didn't expect this." she meowed to her, flicking an ear and narrowing her eyes. "Thank you, Deadstar. But which part will you be giving us?"

Yellowpath immediately flattened his ears and hissed at his sister. How dare she?! It was as if she was giving up everything they had worked for! "Deadstar, have you gone mad?" he yowled up to his leader and sister. His fur was standing on end. "How could you give part of our territory to those rabbit hearts?!"

Wildpaw of WindClan was not paying attention to the Gathering, but what he did listen to was Deadstar giving Ravenstar land. He gazed up at the tabby leader, his amber eyes shining. So that meant that ShadowClan was changing after all! "Deadstar! Deadstar!" he cheered.

"I suggest you keep your tongue still, or I'll tear it out!" Deadstar hissed, her ears going flat as she looked at Yellowpath. Such threats were not to her usual taste, but her brother was trying her patience... and anything to show him that she carried ShadowClan blood (or what counted as that, anyway) was good enough for her.

The anger passed, and Deadstar relaxed, clearing her throat before she turned back to Ravenstar. "Please, forgive my... brother," she said, the word coming out somewhat strained. "No matter what he might say, I am the leader, and the choice is mine. ThunderClan will be given part of the clearing, from the Two-leg path down until it reaches the river. ShadowClan are not meant to hunt in open spaces, we need cover. Hunting patrols come back with little prey from there, anyway, it's not right that it should simply go to waste. I believe your Clan could use it far more effectively than any of us."