Kamak

Pottermore

The post of the link says that "Cypress" is "associated with the Greek god of the underworld, Hades.".

However, according to Wikipedia:

In Greek mythology, the cypress is associated with both Artemis and Cyparissus, a boy beloved by Apollo.

Strange...

Edited by kaiachan

Hello, all.

The hat sorted me into Ravenclaw. smile.gif As someone who posted here stated, it has made me rethink about what I thought about myself. I always thought I would be placed in Gryffindor...

After looking closely at all the information that we've gathered, we have decided to further extend the Beta period so we can improve Pottermore before giving more people access. This means the site will not be opening to new users in the immediate future, but please know that we will open registration as soon as we can.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

I might just have to write a strongly worded email about this mad.gif

Really? I wanted to join so badly. Let us join then edit what you want! Stupid J.K Rowling...just kidding she probably has nothing to do with this smile.gif

/shrugs

I'd rather wait and come back to a relatively smoothly-running site, but maybe I'm just more preoccupied with other fandoms right now to worry about the extension. |D

Let us join then edit what you want!

Haven't had the time to go on in a bit, but when I was let in (and not even all the testers were let in yet) the site couldn't even handle us. There were so many timeouts and try agains later. It gets really frustrating. Not letting people in yet is probably the smartest thing they've done (dumbest would be struggling with this so much - by the number of beta accounts they allowed, they knew they would be getting craploads of use). x3

Haven't had the time to go on in a bit, but when I was let in (and not even all the testers were let in yet) the site couldn't even handle us. There were so many timeouts and try agains later. It gets really frustrating. Not letting people in yet is probably the smartest thing they've done (dumbest would be struggling with this so much - by the number of beta accounts they allowed, they knew they would be getting craploads of use). x3

I agree. I had completed the Quill contest on the 6th day, but received my welcome mail 27th September. So I am just over a month old user there. When I entered they had sent out over 500,000 welcome emails, so you can just imagine the lag. For the first few days we couldn't load anything without a 3 minute or more lag. smile.gif

the duelling section is down ever since I entered and the only way to earn house points is to brew potions. Which in itself is wonderful, but since there is only one potion which has 11 points - the maximum number of points one can earn by brewing a potion - one tends to stick to brewing just that. It gets tedious.

The artwork is fantastic. But that is all seen and done now. How many people here are already in?

/shrugs

I'd rather wait and come back to a relatively smoothly-running site, but maybe I'm just more preoccupied with other fandoms right now to worry about the extension. |D

I agree with you. It would be no fun playing when it is not working properly. The lag just spoils the mood.

I'm a Slytherin and absolutely love it. I wish they could put up the tasks for the second book already, though.

They said it would be open in early April, and it's already the 11th. What counts as 'early April'? I understand that they are having alot.png of problems with the amounts of members that want on, but I wish they could pick a date and stick with it.

Personally, if they weren't going to open in the first week of April, they should have just said April. I'm also kind of annoyed that they keep announcing release dates that they don't meet. I understand if there's still problems with the site, but they should just finish it and only announce the opening after they get the site up and running to the public. I hate getting excited about something and then they don't meet their release date. >.<

Edited because I can't type correctly today ... >.<

Edited by Raikielia

Well now it's certainly official. According to J.K. Rowling herself I am DEFINITELY a Gryffindor! biggrin.gif

Edited by sheppardkid

Finally got in smile.gif And when it came to sorting, I got a choice between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor... I chose Ravenclaw, natch. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but had to stop because my laptop was overheating xd.png

I'm in Ravenclaw, too! I always wanted to be one, and knew I would be. Love my wand, too~ ^-^

I love that I'm finally in! I am very pleased with my wand, but I am confused and disappointed by the house I was placed in. The sorting hat decided that I am a Gryffindor, but that does not suit me. I am not brave at all, so I can't say that it is my house sad.gif I thought I would be in Ravenclaw, and that's where I wanted to be too. Sigh.

Wow. Couldn't get better wand, even though I always thought I would be Slytherin. But J. K. did say that Gryffindor and Slytherin were the most similar houses so it's close enough biggrin.gif

Anyways, my mom, brother and me got sorted and we noticed that not everyone gets the same questions. The only thing I could think of was: "wow. J. K. really didn't want us to cheat on that one.

Not the same questions? Interesting. I registered twice, as I didn't get any usernames I liked the first time. This bugged me enough to do the registration again to see if I got some better choices. Because of this, I did consider chating, and doing the sorting on the account I'm not using first, to see if I could get myself sorted into the house I wanted. However, I decided to do it properly, and answer the questions honestly, and go with the house the hat wanted to sort me into. So, though I don't think Gryffindor suits me, I'll assume that the sorting hat knows something that I don't tongue.gif

I got a Hatstall between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, which is funny because those are the two houses I've always thought I best fit. Eventually chose Hufflepuff because I consider myself more loyal than courageous.

IDK why it chooses the username for us.

My friend texted me about this yesterday, and I just signed up. Though why it chooses the username for you is beyond me. It drives me nuts having numbers in a username.

I'm in Slytherin! I always knew I was one, though I wouldn't have minded Ravenclaw either.

Also, I can't seem to get any spells to work. Is anyone else having trouble with them?

Interesting. I registered twice, as I didn't get any usernames I liked the first time. This bugged me enough to do the registration again to see if I got some better choices.

Too bad I didn't thought of that one, because I really don't like my current name. I already went through 1st year and I'm to lazy to sign in again because of name, but i really don't like to have my name chosen for me. I don't have that much of a problem with names themselves, but numbers... Had to write the name down. I think it has something with little kids also playing on the site (specifically little kids who aren't old enough to realize that having your real name as an username on the web is bad.)

I believe when I signed up for the beta it explained that to keep usernames appropriate and safe, they were pre-assigning usernames.

Jimmy - I was having trouble before because of lag. Dunno besides that.

I'm all registered, but I am waiting for the email to start playing. My username is ChestnutBlade8210, which isn't too bad I guess. I'm hoping to get sorted into Ravenclaw.

It'll send you an "activation email" right? Because I cannot find a "login" button.. *facepalm*