Kamak

Pottermore

Sent you a request, Aquenee :3

Both potions and dueling gives me trouble from time to time. Sometimes I just can't click right during the duels, and the potions have sometimes claimed that I have placed things in the wrong place, even though I am absolutely sure that I followed the instructions precicely. Quite annoying D: Mostly it works out fine, though. I'd love to see some more potions added. It's quite fun to make them, I think ^^

@ Raikelia and Aquenee- I've sent you friend requests as well. ^^

@ Nimrodel- I've found that it's the small things that make the potion not work. For instance, if you don't wait until each number registers when adding a specific amount before moving on then it'll say the potion was brewed wrong. And if you have to pick up a jar of something while brewing be sure you pick it up at the top so you can control it better. Stirring is a little tricky though.

I'm definitely better at brewing potions at the moment. However, it took me 3 times of doing a real potion before it worked for me. I'm getting better at the spells...just won my first duel! biggrin.gif

@Nimrodel: I guess it's because we've mostly seen Gryffindors. Could you post a Ravenclaw greeting? Just go to the sorting hat and proced - you should get the same messege. Also, when you are brewing, besides everything that sheppardkid said, don't allow anything to fall on the counter. Game will take that as a mistake. If it does fall down reload and do it again.

Here's the Ravenclaw greeting:

Congratulations! I’m Prefect Robert Hilliard, and I’m delighted to welcome you to RAVENCLAW HOUSE. Our emblem is the eagle, which soars where others cannot climb; our house colours are blue and bronze, and our common room is found at the top of Ravenclaw Tower, behind a door with an enchanted knocker. The arched windows set into the walls of our circular common room look down at the school grounds: the lake, the Forbidden Forest, the Quidditch pitch and the Herbology gardens. No other house in the school has such stunning views.

Without wishing to boast, this is the house where the cleverest witches and wizards live. Our founder, Rowena Ravenclaw, prized learning above all else – and so do we. Unlike the other houses, who all have concealed entrances to their common rooms, we don’t need one. The door to our common room lies at the top of a tall, winding staircase. It has no handle, but an enchanted bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle. When you rap on the door, this knocker will ask you a question, and if you can answer it correctly, you are allowed in. This simple barrier has kept out everyone but Ravenclaws for nearly a thousand years.

Some first-years are scared by having to answer the eagle’s questions, but don’t worry. Ravenclaws learn quickly, and you’ll soon enjoy the challenges the door sets. It’s not unusual to find twenty people standing outside the common room door, all trying to work out the answer to the day’s question together. This is a great way to meet fellow Ravenclaws from other years, and to learn from them – although it is a bit annoying if you’ve forgotten your Quidditch robes and need to get in and out in a hurry. In fact, I’d advise you to triple-check your bag for everything you need before leaving Ravenclaw Tower.

Another cool thing about Ravenclaw is that our people are the most individual – some might even call them eccentrics. But geniuses are often out of step with ordinary folk, and unlike some other houses we could mention, we think you’ve got the right to wear what you like, believe what you want, and say what you feel. We aren’t put off by people who march to a different tune; on the contrary, we value them!

Speaking of eccentrics, you’ll like our Head of house, Professor Filius Flitwick. People often underestimate him, because he’s really tiny (we think he’s part elf, but we’ve never been rude enough to ask) and he’s got a squeaky voice, but he’s the best and most knowledgeable Charms master alive in the world today. His office door is always open to any Ravenclaw with a problem, and if you’re in a real state he’ll get out these delicious little cupcakes he keeps in a tin in his desk drawer and make them do a little dance for you. In fact, it’s worth pretending you’re in a real state just to see them jive.

Ravenclaw house has an illustrious history. Most of the greatest wizarding inventors and innovators were in our house, including Perpetua Fancourt, the inventor of the lunascope, Laverne de Montmorency, a great pioneer of love potions, and Ignatia Wildsmith, the inventor of Floo powder. Famous Ravenclaw Ministers for Magic include Millicent Bagnold, who was in power on the night that Harry Potter survived the Dark Lord’s curse, and defended the wizarding celebrations all over Britain with the words, ‘I assert our inalienable right to party'. There was also Minister Lorcan McLaird, who was a quite brilliant wizard, but preferred to communicate by puffing smoke out of the end of his wand. Well, I did say we produce eccentrics. In fact, we are also the house that gave the wizarding world Uric the Oddball, who used a jellyfish for a hat. He’s the punch line of a lot of wizarding jokes.

As for our relationship with the other three houses: well, you’ve probably heard about the Slytherins. They’re not all bad, but you’d do well to be on your guard until you know them well. They’ve got a long house tradition of doing whatever it takes to win – so watch out, especially in Quidditch matches and exams.

The Gryffindors are OK. If I had a criticism, I’d say Gryffindors tend to be show-offs. They’re also much less tolerant than we are of people who are different; in fact, they’ve been known to make jokes about Ravenclaws who have developed an interest in levitation, or the possible magical uses of troll bogies, or ovomancy, which (as you probably know) is a method of divination using eggs. Gryffindors haven’t got our intellectual curiosity, whereas we’ve got no problem if you want to spend your days and nights cracking eggs in a corner of the common room and writing down your predictions according to the way the yolks fall. In fact, you’ll probably find a few people to help you.

As for the Hufflepuffs, well, nobody could say they’re not nice people. In fact, they’re some of the nicest people in the school. Let’s just say you needn’t worry too much about them when it comes to competition at exam time.

I think that’s nearly everything. Oh yes, our house ghost is the Grey Lady. The rest of the school thinks she never speaks, but she’ll talk to Ravenclaws. She’s particularly useful if you’re lost, or you’ve mislaid something.

I’m sure you’ll have a good night. Our dormitories are in turrets off the main tower; our four-poster beds are covered in sky blue silk eiderdowns and the sound of the wind whistling around the windows is very relaxing.

And once again: well done on becoming a member of the cleverest, quirkiest and most interesting house at Hogwarts.

I kind of signed up yesterday... it seems fun but my internet likes to disagree >.> I'm VineHeart25865 if anyone wants to know. ^^

The only thing I have to say is that my 9 1/2 inch chestnut wand looks a bit on the pudgy side... ^^;

Oh, I'm in Hufflepuff, by the way. I had a choice between that and Slytherin and I figured badgers were cooler. ;D

I should go back to hunting for that last Chocolate Frog Card I need....

Millicent Bagnold sound like a badass. And Ravenclaws in general, sound like fun people to hang around.

For those of you that wait for the second email: just click on sign in. it's gonna let you through.

Just got a idea. You know that last locked circle, before the Diagon Alley? What if that is quiditch, and we get to play it on the second year? After all, first years aren't allowed to play wink.gif

For those of you that wait for the second email: just click on sign in. it's gonna let you through.

I did that, it still just tells me to wait for the second email. -.-

I just joined, and I'm at Ollivanders! My wand is a "BEECH WITH PHOENIX FEATHER CORE, TWELVE AND THREE QUARTER INCHES, BRITTLE"

What is the most common type? I just want to know if mine is common or rare. biggrin.gif

I just joined, and I'm at Ollivanders! My wand is a "BEECH WITH PHOENIX FEATHER CORE, TWELVE AND THREE QUARTER INCHES, BRITTLE"

What is the most common type? I just want to know if mine is common or rare. biggrin.gif

I'm not sure about everything else, but I'm pretty sure the phoenix core is pretty rare.

Phoenix feather is the rarest core type. The length seems about average. Not sure about the flexibility though. As for the wood types, here is what is said about Beech.

Beech-

The true match for a beech wand will be, if young, wise beyond his or her years, and if full-grown, rich in understanding and experience. Beech wands perform very weakly for the narrow-minded and intolerant. Such wizards and witches, having obtained a beech wand without having been suitably matched (yet coveting this most desirable, richly hued and highly prized wand wood), have often presented themselves at the homes of learned wandmakers such as myself, demanding to know the reason for their handsome wand’s lack of power. When properly matched, the beech wand is capable of a subtlety and artistry rarely seen in any other wood, hence its lustrous reputation.

I finally got my second email. However, I can't see anything on the Trip to the Zoo part. >.<

EDIT: The Hut on the Rock part is the same way ... >.< Nevermind, had to turn off Flashblock. -.-

EDIT II: Got my wand! Pear, Dragon Heartstring, Thirteen inches and Quite Flexible <3

Dragon

As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

Pear

This golden-toned wood produces wands of splendid magical powers, which give of their best in the hands of the warm-hearted, the generous and the wise. Possessors of pear wands are, in my experience, usually popular and well-respected. I do not know of a single instance where a pear wand has been discovered in the possession of a Dark witch or wizard. Pear wands are among the most resilient, and I have often observed that they may still present a remarkable appearance of newness, even after many years of hard use.

Edited by Raikielia

Wow,its finally open!I've been waiting for months!My name is HowlIce25244,and I'm in Ravenclaw,if anyone wants to add me.Is anyone having trouble with the potion puzzle?

@shepphard/POA: I've been careful about the numbers, and the stirring is alright, but some things have fallen somewhat outside of the container, so I suppose that's what it's been nagging about ><

@Neutual Demon and Sparkle: Sent requests ^^

Ugh casting spells is really not my strong point!

Don't give up, DragonSpirit ^^

I wonder, when you guys look at my Pottermore profile, how does my favourites turn up? Because I have added 17 things, but the little circles that should hold various numbers all say 0, and the total count on top says 3. So I wonder if it just shows up weirdly for me, or if it does that for everyone else too o_O

Edited by Nimrodel

It's all in the practice. First step is to read the instructions. Also, check out pictures of ingredients on the left page. When you are making potions you have three signs beneath the cauldron.

1. turn off the fire.

2. turn fire on. It heats slowly

3.turn fire on. It heats really fast.

Every potion requires some amount of heating time and it's written in the description. During the process, temperature has to stay in range the whole time.

I usually heat it up really fast until I hit temp. range. After that I just switch between turning off the fire and turning on the slow fire.

Can someone help me I had signed up for a validation email 1 hour ago and still have not gotten a email from them yet? Please when do you get your email?

@Varekis: I added you smile.gif Your potion sounds like it ran out of time. I have done that too. You don't have unlimited time, so you have to be quick about stuffing those ingredients in xd.png I also use the same method as POA to save time: Heating the potion really quickly (hottest flame) until it hits the right temperature, and then I switch between off/not-so-hot-flame for the required period

@DuelMaster99: After I had verified my account, I had to wait another day before I was actually allowed to log in. You will receive an e-mail when the time comes

@ PointOfOrigin: Ohhh, I didn't realize you could actually turn off the fire while keeping it in the ideal temperature range without ruining the potion. xP I'll give that a try next time though I've rarely ever had the temp exceed the maximum.

@ Nimrodel: Awesome. :D You're DawnQuill5558, right? I think I'll use your DC names as nicknames to remember who is who. xP And yeah, that makes sense. Will be more speedy in the future. o3o

ETA: I still think I prefer dueling over potion making since you don't have to buy ingredients and whatnot. What happens if you run out of galleons? <_>

Edit 2: Apparently I failed to keep the temperature in range. :l It was green the whole time! D: ... and failed another 4 times for the same reason. I think I'm just about ready to give up on potions. We can't control the temp when the wand is being waved, right?

Edited by Varekis

Why is everyone asing to be added? Is there some sort of reward for having so many friends or something?

I wish I could give myself a nickname... It would be easier to find people then

Got Slytherin on try 1. Hey, that wasn't too difficult :3

Soooo, if anybody here is curious, here are the wand description of mayor characters.

Hermione: vine wood, 10¾ inches, dragon heartstring

Harry: 11 inches, holly, phoenix feather, nice and supple,

Charlie: Ash, Unicorn hair, 12"

Ron: Willow, Unicorn hair, 14"

Pettigrew: 9¼" chestnut wood, with a dragon heartstring core

Neville: Cherry, Unicorn hair, 13

McGonagall: 9 1/2 in. and made of fir with a dragon heartstring core.

Voldemort: 13 1/2, yew with a phoenix feather core.

Malfoy: 10" precisely, Hawthorn wood and with a unicorn hair core, reasonably springy

Bellatrix (firrst wand): 12 ¾" walnut, with a dragon heartstring core, unyielding

Lucius: Elm, Dragon heartstring, 18 inches

Ginny: unknown with a dragon heartstring, maybe hazel

Cedric: Ash 12¼" Unicorn hair

Fleur Delacour: Rosewood 9½" Veela hair inflexible

James Potter: Mahogany 11" pliable

Lily Evans: Willow 10¼" swishy

Mary Cattermole: Cherry 8¾" Unicorn hair

Mr. Ollivander: Hornbeam 12 3/4" Dragon heartstring slightly bendy

Quirinus Quirrell: Alder 9" Unicorn hair bendy

Rubeus Hagrid: Oak 16

Viktor Krum: Hornbeam 10¼" Dragon heartstring quite rigid

These are all wands that have some charecteristics described.

Mine wand shares core with: Harry, Voldemort,

Wood with Neville and Mary Cattermole.

Length: Bellatrix. I personally like to believe that 3/4 stands for platform 9 and 3/4