Kamak

Pottermore

Just got sorted today. Ended up in Gryffindor. I dunno how I feel about that.

There's been rumors going around that there may eventually be a Pottermore store... where we can buy custom wands based on our ones in Pottermore, and buy house related items.

I think they're going to be taking a lot of my money away if this happens. xd.png

-K-

Who are you to question the judgment of the Sorting Hat? dry.gif

Just kidding. It does seem a bit like cheating though, but who cares. It's just a site for fun anyway. I wish I hadn't been given the option to choose between Gryf and Rave, because I really want to know which I fit into better. I almost think it's Ravenclaw, but at the same time I think it's gryffindor.

Blargh.

Honestly? I think it would have been a highly effective test if you'd had to answer more than just seven questions. Maybe more like 10 or 15. The questions themselves were great, but the fact that you had such a small sample size...it's like flipping a coin 7 times and getting 5 heads and 2 tails and saying that 5/7 times a coin will end up heads...it's silly. But no, we had to stick with the "seven is a magic number" thing.

But anyway, I don't consider it cheating so long as I still answer honestly. I just want a second opinion, is all. I could have registered for two beta accounts and done it before others even got to get in. THAT would have been unfair. I guess that's my "shades of grey" mindset speaking, though. I wouldn't cheat, anyway. A lot of Slytherins tried to cheat their way into Slytherin and randomly ended up in the other three houses. I'd rather answer honestly and get sorted into Ravenclaw again than lie and end up in Hufflepuff or Gryffindor, when I know those don't fit me.

The fact that it gave you the choice means you fit both equally well. In theory. The whole "choices speak louder" speech Dumbledore gave Harry.

Edited by FireAngel73

I got my email a couple of days ago. I got sorted in Slytherin (which is kinda strange... I expected Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. But Slytherin's awesome too!). My wand is made of dogwood, unicorn core. And I'm brewing a potion right now which I hope is not going to melt my cauldron. laugh.gif

I'm QuillRain124 if anyone wants to add me, btw. laugh.gif

/turns off hyper excited mode laugh.gif

The fact that it gave you the choice means you fit both equally well. In theory. The whole "choices speak louder" speech Dumbledore gave Harry.

I see your point. And I do think there should have been more questions, because 7 is so few. I also think it's interesting that every 'unofficial' sorting hat quiz I take puts me in Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw is always a close second. Then Gryffindor, then Slytherin. Yeah, I guess it's cool they integrated the Dumbledore thing into the quiz, but at the same time, I wish I was in whichever house fit me best, not whichever I chose on a whim.

I got my email today, got sorted today, and got into griffindor. happy, but i did want to be in slytherin. ah well, gryffindor is also amazing. pottermore is cool so far.

Finally got in yesterday! Couldn't get in for 5/6 of the day because of too many people, but did finally get on! <3

Wand: Sycamore with dragon core, twelve and three quarter inches, reasonably supple. (I'd love some wandlore info.)

House: Hufflepuff! <3 So relieved. <3

I'm MistNettle145. I'll go through and add ya'll later, when I have time. Added Sera now, since we're housemates. x3

Congrats! Isn't sycamore one of the rarer types of wood, too? I feel like I haven't seen it as much. I've got the wand info pages favorited, but pottermore is overloaded right now so I can't check.

I don't think I've posted my username, and I'm not going to since I plan to remake, but once October comes and I've got my "real" account, then I'll post my username (I'm not going to keep trying and trying, if my second sorting says Ravenclaw, too, then I'll accept that).

Great site for wand lore: http://wizardingrealm.net/index.php?showtopic=7791

Got my email a few days ago.

Wand: 14 ½", alder and unicorn hair, slightly springy

House: Ravenclaw

Ravenclaw was one of the Houses I really wanted (the other being Slytherin). <3

Add SwordWillow51, if you like.

Yeah, plus, apparently not everyone who got the quill and received the beta emails are even going to get in. Servers couldn't handle it (um, what are they going to do in October?) and they're just...not sending out all of the "Congrats, come on in" letters that they said they would.

But seriously, if they can't even handle the million beta players, how on earth are they going to handle it when ALL the other people start trying to get on? It's going to be madness. You'd think they'd have figured this whole server load issue out by now. It's not like they didn't have some idea even with the first email registration when all they were offering was "an email to let you know when registration is possible" and then with the quill and everything...it's not like the user interest hasn't been clearly outlined for them already. I mean, I get that it's a free service and all...but you shouldn't promise a service you can't offer, even if it's free.

Edited by FireAngel73

Just got my e-mail

Just got in.

Just about to start chapter one.

And then:

user posted image

INTERWEBZ, Y U HATE ME.

Same exact thing happened to me o_o

Maybe it's a test o_0

Got my email today *A*

Wand: 12 1/2 in , English Oak and Dragon Core, Reasonably Supple

House: Gryffindor!

Add me if you'd like: DraconisWolfsbane12

Okay, can someone help me out?

I'm at... chapter five, I think it was, where you go to Diagon Alley. Some little thing popped up saying I had to go to Gringots or something, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. ;-;

Also, Little Art Girl, is that Viktor in your avi? :3

Without going back to check, my guess is you have to pick up the shopping list. Make sure that you scroll down a bit so you see the whole scene. That was my mistake in the early chapters - I didn't realize my screen wasn't showing me the whole scene without scrolling down a bit. :3

Thanks, Fireangel. ^^

Oooh, neat site, Miral! Do you know how canon it is? Like, I was looking for some stuff and the HP wiki only brought up that the flexibility of a wand had to do with someone's personality, rather than the strength or ease of learning magic. /curious ^^

Congrats to everyone else finally in!

Thanks Sock. Got it figured out. smile.gif

And I got my wand! Laurel and unicorn hair! :3

ETA: Just read about wand woods in the extras section.

It says laurel "has the unusual and engaging attribute of issuing a spontaneous lightning strike if another witch or wizard attempts to steal it."

My wand comes with anti-theft. Ballin'.

Edited by Stromboli

I got in a few days ago. I think it's wonderful! (So far, anyway. wink.gif)

I reckon I'll probably get sorted into Hufflepuff.

I was on Mugglenet for a little bit a while back, and I got sorted into Slytherin. Possibly because I'm good at placating people, and I generally try to stay on their good side.

I don't think I'll be a Slytherin this time though. Although I still have high ambitions, I've changed quite a bit in the past few years and I don't like manipulating people.

I don't think I'll be in Gryffindor. I can be brave, especially for other people, but I'm really a coward at heart.

Ravenclaw, maybe. I love to think and I love to learn, but I don't see that as my defining trait. And I'm not particularly snobbish about intellect.

The reason I have a feeling about Hufflepuff is because I'm a pretty friendly and accepting person (once I'm past the social awkwardness stage and learn how to interact with people). What's weird is sometimes random strangers will talk to me when I'm out and about by myself, as if I have a massive sign above my head saying "agreeable".  huh.gif

But whatever house I'm sorted into, I'll be happy to get in and explore. It sounds fascinating!  smile.gif

I was sorted into Slytherin again. I have egg on my face, don't I? mellow.gif

I don't know, I think it's fairly convenient to be the type of person people naturally talk to. I'm that way, too. People let down their guards around me easily and I gather a lot of gossip or secrets I might not have otherwise gained. I don't use it in a bad way or anything, I'm just saying. Being the type of person who can put people at ease naturally can be a good Slytherin quality.

I feel that this is relevant to my Pottermore concerns:

user posted image

Also, they've delayed the grand opening to later in October. That means everyone who didn't get a beta account has to wait even longer. It's got to do with their instability in allowing so many people on at a time. I'll reiterate: They should have sorted this out already. A million users is only a fraction of the total who will want on.

Since the launch of the Beta, we’ve seen really high levels of activity, and interaction with the site has been phenomenal. This affects how quickly we can give everyone access. As a result, we’ve decided to extend the Beta period beyond September and take a different approach to the way new users are brought onto the site.

From the end of October, registration will be opened to everyone and we’ll be giving access to registered users in phases. Access may be granted quickly, but please note it could also take some weeks or months, depending on demand.

Edited by FireAngel73

• I mean... I guess getting improperly sorted has made me re-evaluate things about myself x D But it's not really something I wanted to reassess. I've long thought of myself as a Hufflepuff.

So you can imagine my surprise when the Hat put me in Slytherin tongue.gif

Regardless, I'm pretty happy with Pottermore, hiccups and all.

Also, they've delayed the grand opening to later in October. That means everyone who didn't get a beta account has to wait even longer. It's got to do with their instability in allowing so many people on at a time. I'll reiterate: They should have sorted this out already. A million users is only a fraction of the total who will want on.

Ah man. I missed out on the early registration and was kind of hoping to join the site sooner rather than later. Oh well. Guess I'll have to find something else to do until they open the site to everyone.

Well, after a friend of mine explaining some of it, I'm now eagerly awaiting the end of October so I can sign up and start this xd.png Mainly just to see my wand/house...

How did I not know about this thread until now?

The hat sorted me into Ravenclaw! Best house! (Hufflepuff is second best, <3 hufflepuffs.) My wand is a 12 3/4 inch hard hazel wand with a dragon heartstring core. :>

Just wondering, has anybody else had a problem getting it to work with the Opera browser? I have to use Chrome if I want it to work right, so it's taken me forever to do anything even though I've been a member for a while...

The hat sorted me into Ravenclaw! Best house! (Hufflepuff is second best, <3 hufflepuffs.) My wand is a 12 3/4 inch hard hazel wand with a dragon heartstring core. :>

Ravenclaws, ftw. :3 Are we still leading in the House Cup? I haven't been able to get in to check today, but Slytherin's been right on our tail. >.>

Seriously. Maybe it's just not being communicated, but it seems like they've just been sitting on their butts going "derp, site's down again. I be this'll be fun!" >.>

~

Kiffykins! Totally knew you'd be a Ravenclaw. <3

~

Sorry, Kage. Dun have Opera. 3=

~

Olol. Finally had time to read the awesome wandlore stuff. My want is known for combusting if it gets bored. XD I am so amused, lol.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler