Kamak

Pottermore

I haven't played Pottermore in a while, there's really no point anymore. >.> I wish they would stop announcing release dates. Just work on the book and release it when it's done. >.<

One thing I am looking forward to about in the second book is an article on Lockhart.

Come on peeps. You know you want to know more about him o3o

Who?? Sorry been awhile since I read the book.

@Raikielia I agree.

@Raikielia I agree.

xd.png Surprised you managed to forget him. He was the DADA teacher.

He was the DADA teacher in book two. He shows up again later in book five.

xd.png Surprised you managed to forget him. He was the DADA teacher.

I thought that was Snape? unsure.gif

@Fortune86 Oh HIM!! Now I know who your talking about.

Seriously, who could forget this guy?

user posted image

I guess I can sad.gif And he's one of my fav British actors as well.

I'm in Slytherin, and I have to say the competition between my house and Gryffindor is really intense O__O Watching the points fly is like a game in itself.

I'd rather see Slytherin, personally. I'll admit, though, that I'm a little sore as a Ravenclaw. We have the higest points-per-person average. Going by that, we'd easily be winning the Cup if we had more members, but apparently there aren't enough smart people.

It seems despite everything in the books, Slytherin is considered the 'cool' house xd.png

JK herself admitted she didn't like Slytherin.

Both my boyfriend and I are in Hufflepuff wub.gif When I first signed up, it put me in Ravenclaw, which was a shock since the entrance letter sounded NOTHING like me. Signed up again (after deleting the first), got Ravenclaw again mellow.gif I was SO determined to be in Hufflepuff (as my boyfriend read his entrance letter to me and that sounded more like me than Raveclaw did), that 3rd time's the charm and I was finally placed in Hufflepuff xd.png I wish I could've kept the username I previously had before my current one though.... I miss that username ;_; Oh well, the one I have now is better than some of the other ones I've seen x'3

It seems despite everything in the books, Slytherin is considered the 'cool' house xd.png

JK herself admitted she didn't like Slytherin.

I'd only rather see Slytherin win because they have fewer members than Gryffindor. I personally think they only have so many members because people are trying to be Gryffindors anyway.

Why are people trying so hard to get certain houses? While I was pleased to get the house I wanted, I would have accepted whichever one it gave me (even Hufflepuff).

Why are people trying so hard to get certain houses? While I was pleased to get the house I wanted, I would have accepted whichever one it gave me (even Hufflepuff).

That's what I've been trying to understand myself. lol I think that it's almost cheating to create multiple accounts until you get the house you want. The sorting hat quiz is supposed to be made in such a way that it puts you in the house that most closely matches your choices. I understand that everyone has their favorite house or a house they just can't stand, and I personally would have cringed if I had gotten placed in Slytherin (I have quite a few Slytherin like qualities), but I would have accepted it. Thankfully it didn't come to that as I was placed in Gryffindor. biggrin.gif

I'd only rather see Slytherin win because they have fewer members than Gryffindor. I personally think they only have so many members because people are trying to be Gryffindors anyway.

I didn't have to try to be a Gryffindor. I just am one c:

If anything, I dislike Slytherin because of how they're portrayed in canon. None of them. or very few, stayed behind to fight in the Battle of Hogwarts. They chose Voldemort over their school.

That and doing anything for the sake of ambition and achieving your own goals is pretty classless and lame, imo.

I didn't have to try to be a Gryffindor. I just am one c:

If anything, I dislike Slytherin because of how they're portrayed in canon. None of them. or very few, stayed behind to fight in the Battle of Hogwarts. They chose Voldemort over their school.

That and doing anything for the sake of ambition and achieving your own goals is pretty classless and lame, imo.

Well, I'd bet more of them would have stayed had McGonagall not sent them all away immediately.

But neither of the houses I have been put into are like me at all (first Ravenclaw and then Hufflepuff).

When you're treated as the bad house for centuries, it'll warp your attitude.

I'm not very ambitious, one of the defining traits of Slytherin. I didn't think I'd actually get it. I answered the the questions honestly and it appears some of my other attibutes got me in there.

I still think people should stay in the House they're given. Neville, for instance, didn't think he was a Gryffindor at ALL and personally requested Hufflepuff. He still ended up in Gryffindor though. Peter Pettigrew was in Gryffindor, too.

Peter Pettigrew was in Gryffindor, too.

That points out that what Ron said is untrue. In the first book he tells Harry 'There's not a single witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin'.

Peter was in Gryffindor. Quirrell was a Ravenclaw. I don't know if Lockhart could be classed as an actual bad guy, but he was also in Ravenclaw.

It seems the other houses had their bad eggs too.

Edit: Wasn't Tonks in Slytherin?

Edited by Fortune86

Well, I'd bet more of them would have stayed had McGonagall not sent them all away immediately.

I'm incredibly doubtful that any would have stayed even if they hadn't been sent away. How many of them were the children of Death Eaters? Most if not all.

I'm not saying other houses didn't have their bad eggs, but Slytherin seems to put out some of the worst.

Tonks was a Hufflepuff.

Sorry, I meant Tonk's mother >.<

I need to learn to check what I'm saying.

That points out that what Ron said is untrue. In the first book he tells Harry 'There's not a single witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin'.

Peter was in Gryffindor. Quirrell was a Ravenclaw. I don't know if Lockhart could be classed as an actual bad guy, but he was also in Ravenclaw.

It seems the other houses had their bad eggs too.

Edit: Wasn't Tonks in Slytherin?

Not to mention, from Ron's point of view in year one, when he says that, Sirius would've been the worst Dark Wizards you could name. I mean, people thought that he was Voldemort's "right-hand-man." He was, of course, a Gryffindor (and totally irrelevant -- but Ron doesn't know that).

Got sorted into Slytherin. Not surprising; I'm ridiculously choleric.

I'm surprised that the books portray a lack of Slytherin/other Hogwarts Houses friendship. Slytherins can't be that evil...? And it's like Gryffindor is the only good house in the series, with all the "best" and "likable" people. Off the top of my head, I remember there only being Romilda and Cormac (did I spell that right?) showing all the negative traits a Gryffindor can possess, as opposed to the rest of the Houses, who all have multiple people that are generally disliked.