Kamak

Pottermore

user posted image

Maybe helpful?

Ahhh okay thanks.

Also how are we to know what temp to brew stuff on (the boil one says 250) yet there is no numbers on the meter to go by and I can never get it to turn green no matter how much I hit the middle button on the cauldron.

Do you see the two long bars on the temp gauge? You have to keep between those. Below the bottom line is not hot enough and above the top line is too hot.

Wow - I just joined Pottermore a few days ago and I got Slytherin, lol.

I was expecting Ravenclaw, but Slytherin is good too! (I just didn't think I seemed like a Slytherin rolleyes.gif )

Do you see the two long bars on the temp gauge? You have to keep between those. Below the bottom line is not hot enough and above the top line is too hot.

Yep I see them, but I can never get the heat up that far on it. Do I mash on the middle button or just hold it down?

Just press it once and the temp will keep rising. The blue one on the left is to turn off the heat, the yellow one in the middle is low heat(the temp rises slowly, I use this one for the low heat potions and alternate between low and no heat to keep the temp between the bars) and the red one is high heat(the temp rises faster then the low heat button, I use this one to get up to the higher temperature then use the low heat and the no heat buttons to keep it in range). I hope that made sense. o.o

Edited by Raikielia

I hate potions so much. Half the time lag makes it so I don't finish in time and the other half lag makes it so that the mouse goes haywire and the wrong number of ingredients is added. Are the points worth it? D:

(Also, got in during early beta, so my name has been posted for a while. MistNettle145 if you want to add. <3 )

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I guess it depends. I'm doing as many potions as I can, since I'm better at them(I kinda suck at dueling ... -.-). I want to help as much as I can to get Hufflepuff up in points.

Yay! Socky is a Hufflepuff! biggrin.gif I added you(CloakSilver1549). tongue.gif

Potions frustrate me. I don't think they give enough points. If I dueled for even just the amount of time that it takes to MAKE the potion WITHOUT the waiting, I could probably earn more points in just that timeframe.

Just press it once and the temp will keep rising. The blue one on the left is to turn off the heat, the yellow one in the middle is low heat(the temp rises slowly, I use this one for the low heat potions and alternate between low and no heat to keep the temp between the bars) and the red one is high heat(the temp rises faster then the low heat button, I use this one to get up to the higher temperature then use the low heat and the no heat buttons to keep it in range). I hope that made sense. o.o

Ahh thanks. Well I blew up 2 caldrons and on the last try it said I messed up the brew and to try again,yet when I try and redo it it says that it is brewing unsure.gif . UGH this is so confusing.

Edit: Brew says to wait 45 minutes and return. been over 1 1/2 hours and it says it is still brewing and the 0% has never moved. HELP!

I will be adding you Sock. mine is SparksSword30800

Edited by Jedi40

@Socky: I added you :3 (DawnQuill5558 here)

@7DeadlySins: Yeah, potions are not the best to gather points. They take a lot of time, and aren't worth that much. So I figure potions are more for fun, and dueling for point gathering

@Jedi: Woah, I (fortunately) haven't stumbled across that problem before o_O Are you sure it's not just a browser hangup?

I hate potions so much. Half the time lag makes it so I don't finish in time and the other half lag makes it so that the mouse goes haywire and the wrong number of ingredients is added. Are the points worth it? D:

(Also, got in during early beta, so my name has been posted for a while. MistNettle145 if you want to add. <3 )

Ditto.

Also, I'll add you. I'm ChestnutBlade8210 so you know it's me. wink.gif

@Sock: added you, I'm DustNight ^^

@Jedi: I've never blown up a cauldron before.. I kinda want to do it too see what happens. I also haven't had that time problem, have you tired refreshing/closing and reopening your browser?

Personally I like potion brewing better then duelling. I use the lag time it takes them to brew as a timer for revision periods.

"Right I've got that on doing, it'll take 45 minutes so that's 45 minutes of intense studying before I get a break!!"

It's working out quite well for me tongue.gif

Edited by Chiaki

I'm really bad at dueling. xd.png I've gone through fourteen duels, and no wins yet.

Just had my first win. |D

Edited by satyr76

@ Jedi- Try leaving the potions section and coming back to it later. Perhaps that will help if it's a browser thing?

@ Sock- I sent you a request too. smile.gif I'm CentaurWillow29527.

@ Chiaki- You definitely don't want to blow up a cauldron. They aren't that cheap and you lose house points.

Part of me really wishes that you would lose points for losing a duel... I'd want to challenge someone other than Hufflepuffs more if I could actually decrease the points of Gryffindor or Slytherin.

Part of me really wishes that you would lose points for losing a duel... I'd want to challenge someone other than Hufflepuffs more if I could actually decrease the points of Gryffindor or Slytherin.

I agree. Not many people make potions, so nobody is really loosing points. I really want Ravenclaw to at least get back into 2nd. We have the most points per member anyway.

I give up on winning points. The gap between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw only grows more everyday.

I give up on winning points. The gap between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw only grows more everyday.

Eh, could be worse. You could be in Hufflepuff wink.gif

Gryffindor is catching up to us. Time for more duels.

Don't talk bad about Hufflepuff! We're only lagging because we have more important things to do with our time then duel :<<

Though tbh, I don't know why we're lagging so much. It's not like we have less members or anything *shrugs*

@ Chiaki You don't want to even try it just for fun as you would have to buy a new one to replace it.

@Nimrodel and sheppard yep I am sure it is not a browser thing. And I did leave the page and came back to it when it hit 45 minutes and it was still brewing. And now almost a full day later it is still brewing.

Though tbh, I don't know why we're lagging so much. It's not like we have less members or anything *shrugs*

Because the people who get Hufflepuff then ragequit and make a new account to be in Gryffindor.

I don't know why Ravenclaw has so few members... but again, we've got the highest points-to-user ratio, so I don't care that much. Those that we've got are good. :3

And it is still brewing and I have no idea how to stop it or is there support in the game site for something like this?

@Stromboli: If I had any choice in the matter, Ravenclaw would have another student. The sorting hat doesn't care at all about my feelings, though tongue.gif

@Jedi: Just leaving the page might not be enough. Have you logged in with another browser? If everything seems normal there, you may have to clear your browsing history from your regular browser .. If the problem is there in another browser too though, I really don't know. I haven't seen any kind of "report a problem"-thingy o_O

Ehh, wonder whether Slytherin or Gryffindor will ultimately win.

I actually doubt that Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff will ever overtake Slytherin/Gryffindor:

In fanon, Slytherin is often the House of Sexiness[3] and is perhaps the most popular House among fans

I have all of the items you can collect now. Here is the list (in white in case some of you want to find it on your own):

***Zoom 1 means the original zoom, Zoom 2 when you press the up arrow once, Zoom 3 when you press the up arrow twice.

Chapter 1: The Boy Who Lived

Moment 1: Number Four, Privet Drive

—- Zoom 1: Unlock new material about Privet Drive by clicking the Privet Drive sign.

Moment 2: Something Peculiar is Happening

—- Zoom 2: Unlock new material about Measurements by click the lamp post to the right of Professor Dumbledore.

Chapter 2: The Vanishing Glass

Moment 1: The Cupboard Under the Stairs

—- Zoom 2: Collect the alarm clock in Harry’s cupboard.

—- Zoom 2: Unlock new material about Vernon and Petunia Dursley by clicking the picture frame to the left of Harry’s cupboard.

Moment 2: The Trip to the Zoo

—- Zoom 3: Read about boa constrictors by clicking the info card to the right of the boa.

Chapter 3: The Letters From No One

Moment 1: Harry Receives A Mysterious Letter

—- Zoom 1: Collect the salt and pepper on the table.

—- Zoom 2: Collect the postcard on the fridge.

—- Zoom 3: Collect the hammer and nails in front of the door.

Moment 2: The Hut on the Rock

—- Zoom 1 - Collect the seashells on the rocks.

—- Zoom 3 - Collect the seaweed on the rocks beneath the hut.

Chapter 4: The Keeper of the Keys

Moment 1: Hagrid Arrives

—- Zoom 1: Collect the candle on the fireplace.

—- Zoom 2: Unlock new material on Ghost Plots by clicking the paper next to Hagrid’s foot.

Moment 2: Harry Receives his Letter at Last

—- Zoom 1: Read Harry’s Hogwarts Letter on the couch.

—- Zoom 2: Collect the chipped cup by the fireplace.

Chapter 5: Diagon Alley

Moment 1: Arriving at Diagon Alley

—- Zoom 2: Collect your shopping list by clicking the piece of paper on the floor

—- Zoom 2: Unlock new material on ‘Clothing’ by clicking on the shop to the left.

—- Zoom 3: Access Gringotts by clicking on the door of the Wizarding bank.

Moment 2: Harry and Hagrid Visit Gringotts

Open your account by dragging the key above the lock down to the keyhole.

Moment 3: Harry Goes Shopping

Unlock the ability to go to Ollivanders by buying everything on your shopping list.

Chapter 6: The Journey from Platfrom Nine and Three-Quarter

Moment 1: The Hogwarts Express

—- Zoom 1: Collect the Prefect badge beside the bag.

—- Zoom 2: Unlock new material on the Hogwarts Express by clicking on the sign to the left.

—- Zoom 2: Unlock new material on toads by clicking on the toad on top of the boxes.

—- Zoom 3: Unlock new material on Platform Nine and Three-Quarters by clicking on the sign to the left.

Moment 2: The Journey to Hogwarts

—- Zoom 1: Collect the Dumbledore Chocolate Frog card in the trunk underneath the table.

—- Zoom 1: Collect the Morgana Chocolate Frog Card on the right bench.

—- Zoom 2: Collect Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans on the table.

Chapter 7: The Sorting Hat

Moment 1: The Entrance Hall

—- Zoom 2: Unlock Professor McGonagall’s back story by clicking on her to the right.

Chapter 8: The Potions Master

Moment 1: Harry’s Early Days of Hogwarts

—- Zoom 1: Collect the galleon by the railings.

—- Zoom 2: Collect the Circe Chocolate Frog Card on the step.

—- Zoom 3: Collect Hogwarts: A History on the windowsill.

Moment 3: Hagrid’s Wooden House

—- Zoom 1: Collect the Paracelsus Chocolate Frog card by the barrel.

—- Zoom 1: Collect the dried nettles hanging off of Hagrid’s House.

—- Zoom 1: Collect the wolfsbane next to the barrel

—- Zoom 1: Collect dried billywig stings on the windowsill.

—- Zoom 2: Collect the rock cake on the table.

—- Zoom 2: Read about the Gringotts break-in in the Daily Prophet clipping on the table.

Chapter 9: The Midnight Duel

Moment 1: Flying Lesson

—- Zoom 1: Collect ‘Quidditch through the Ages’ from the girl’s book bag.

—- Zoom 3: Collect the Remembrall.

Moment 2: The Trophy Room

—- Zoom 1: Collect the Salazar Slytherin Chocolate Frog Card hiding in a trophy in the trophy case to the left.

—- Zoom 2: Collect the galleon hiding in the suit of armor on the left.

—- Zoom 3: Collect a jar of eels’ eyes that is lying on the floor.

—- Zoom 3: Unlock new material on ‘Familiars’ by clicking on the cat to the left.

Chapter 10: Halloween

Moment 1: Harry’s Special Delivery

—- Zoom 3: Collect a galleon from the chest of drawers to the right of the middle bed.

—- Zoom 3: Read the note from Professor McGonagall about the Nimbus 2000 on the bed.

Moment 2: Charms Glass

—- Zoom 2: Collect the galleon on the desk.

—- Zoom 3: Unlock new material on ‘Hogwarts School Subjects’ by clicking the right chalk board.

Moment 3: The Mountain Troll

—- Zoom 1: Collect the jar bat spleens on the floor.

—- Zoom 2: Collect the jar of horned slugs on the last sink on the left.

—- Zoom 3: Collect the Hengist Chocolate Frog Card beside the pumpkin.

Chapter 11: Quidditch

Moment 1: Charms Homework

—- Zoom 1: Unlock new material about ‘The Original Forty’ by clicking on the open book.

—- Zoom 2: Collect the galleon on the window seat.

Moment 2: The Golden Snitch

—- Zoom 3: Collect the Golden Snitch by catching it.

Chapter 12: The Mirror of Erised

Moment 1: The Library

—- Zoom 1: Collect ‘A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry’ on the bookshelf with the archway.

—- Zoom 1: Collect ‘Important Modern Magical Discoveries’ on the bookshelf with the archway.

—- Zoom 2: Collect ‘Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century’ on the middle bookshelf.

—- Zoom 2: Collect ‘Notable Magical Names of Our Time’ on the middle bookshelf.

—- Zoom 3: Collect the Merlin Chocolate Frog Card on the last bookshelf.

Moment 2: Christmas at Hogwarts

—- Zoom 1: Collect ‘Curses and Counter-Curses’ on the bench.

—- Zoom 2: Collect a wizard chess set that comes out of the green cracker.

—- Zoom 2: Collect an infusion of wormwood, the green bottle on the table.

—- Zoom 2: Collect the galleon on the table.

—- Zoom 3: Collect mistletoe berries to the right of the tree.

Moment 3: The Disused Classroom

—- Zoom 3: Collect the galleon to the right of Harry

—- Zoom 3: Unlock new material on ‘The Mirror of Erised’ by clicking the mirror.

Chapter 13: Nicholas Flamel

Moment 1: Nicholas Flamel is Finally Revealed

—- Zoom 2: Popup about Alchemy when you click the left page of the open book.

—- Zoom 2: Unlock new material on ‘Nicholas Flamel’ by clicking the right page of the open book

Moment 2: The Hooded Figure

—- Zoom 1: Collect the Helga Hufflepuff Chocolate Frog Card on the ground next to the hooded figure.

—- Zoom 1: Collect the galleon on the ground in the shadow of the second bush.

Chapter 14: Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback

Moment 1: Hagrid’s Secret

—- Zoom 2: Collect ‘Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland’ on the second from the bottom shelf of the right bookshelf.

—- Zoom 2: Collect ‘Modern Magical History’ on the bottom shelf of the right bookshelf.

—- Zoom 2: Collect ‘From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper’s Guide’ on the second from the bottom shelf of the left bookshelf.

Moment 2: The Egg in the Fire

—- Zoom 1: Collect ‘Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit’ on the table.

—- Zoom 3: Collect the dragon egg in the fire.

Moment 3: A Plan for Norbert the Baby Dragon

—- Zoom 1: Collect the galleon by the door.

Chapter 15: The Forbidden Forest

Moment 1: Harry Becomes an Outcast

—- Zoom 1: Collect the galleon on the table.

—- Zoom 3: Collect the Rowena Ravenclaw Chocolate Frog Card on the windowsill.

Moment 2: Into the Forbidden Forest

—- Zoom 1: Collect the leaping toadstool at the base of the tree on the left.

—- Zoom 2: Collect wolfsbane near the tree on the left.

—- Zoom 2: Collect the unicorn blood.

Chapter 16: Through the Trapdoor

Moment 1: The Winged Keys

—- Zoom 1: Collect the silver key with bent blue wings flying in the middle of the page.

Chapter 17: The Man With Two Faces

Moment 1: The Philosopher’s Stone

—- Zoom 1: Unlock new material on the ‘Philosopher’s Stone’ by clicking the stone in Harry’s pocket.

—- Zoom 2: Unlock new material on ‘Quirinus Quirrell’ by clicking on him.

Moment 2: The Hospital Wing

—- Zoom 2: Collect the Cliodna Chocolate Frog Card on the left chair.

—- Zoom 3: Collect the salamander blood on the windowsill.

—- Zoom 3: Collect the bezoar in the cupboard on the second from the bottom shelf.

Moment 3: The End-of-Year Feast

—- Zoom 1: Collect the Godric Gryffindor Chocolate Frog Card to the left of Professor Dumbledore.

—- Zoom 1: Collect the Galleon on the floor in front of Professor Dumbledore.

*Note: I copied it from this site: http://exploringpottermore.tumblr.com/post...ng-new-material

Thought I'd just stick it up here to help people who are stuck.