Kamak

Pottermore

I'm trying to hold off on brewing all of the potions. I want to make sure I have still have something to keep me interested in case I get extremely bored with dueling. xd.png

For me, especially with the Lethe River Water, I kept trying to just add 2 drops and couldn't ever get it right. Then I realized that the numbers never registered. It'd only register if I put more in. Completely illogical to what the potions book says. lol

When I'm notsure about potion making (ingredients don't register, stiring etc.) I just reload it. Better to spend 1 more minute on potion then blowing up my cauldron.

Dueling is getting boring mostly because Petrificus Totalus is a game breaker. It's the strongest spell on the site, and since I know my opponents will use it (except for beginners) then I use it too. *shrugs* It's the only way to win.

EDIT: Am I the only one getting the support message? It's getting annoying.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

@PointOfOrigin: I've been getting the support message on and off for the past couple hours. Quite annoying, really.

Didn't expect Slytherin, but it is what it is. Finished book 1 in a day and already bored with dueling. Can't wait for book 2!

HollyShadow19305

@Nimrodel: Cool, thanks smile.gif

Edited by frostine18

Yup, I go for the strongest spell too. I do, after all, try to gain as many points as possible, so it's sensible to choose the spell that gives me the greatest chance of winning.

The support message has just disappeared for me. It seems to be working again just fine now.

I added you, frostine smile.gif

I can't even make a simple boil potion without running out of time.

It took me a couple tries to get a potion done in time. Now I've kinda got them memorized. I still have to check the book once in a while. The hardest part it controlling the ingredients in the bottles. Except the Mistletoe Berries, they're the easiest to pour.

Just came upon this Ravenclaw.

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Check out that persons avatar. I checked and there isn't anything like that in the Diagon Alley. So, how did s/he get it?

@PointOfOrigin: I'm half asleep and the picture is small but isn't that the Harlequin toad?

Just came upon this Ravenclaw.

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Check out that persons avatar. I checked and there isn't anything like that in the Diagon Alley. So, how did s/he get it?

There is. :P When you're in the pet shop, you have to go the third page for the toads. x)

ETA:

@ sheppardkid: Really? Is because of the whole timing aspect? o3o (though, for me, it seems only the sleeping draught has a really tight time limit on the second half of the brewing - I always wave my wand just as all the sand is about to fall >>)

Edited by Varekis

It took me a couple tries to get a potion done in time. Now I've kinda got them memorized. I still have to check the book once in a while. The hardest part it controlling the ingredients in the bottles. Except the Mistletoe Berries, they're the easiest to pour.

I have tried it 4 times and I still run out of time. And no bottles so far, everything has been out on the desk for me to use.

I have tried it 4 times and I still run out of time. And no bottles so far, everything has been out on the desk for me to use.

How far do you get before running out of time?

I joined yesterday. I am in Slytherin (Which surprised me, I was expecting to be in RavenClaw or Gryffindor.) I still can't get past the potions, its annoying me quite frankly. So I skipped it, but I do feel guilty for doing so.

I can't even make a simple boil potion without running out of time.

Hahaha, neither can I!

And for the second time I have forgotten that I was brewing a potion, and only remembered it when it was too late. Bleh tongue.gif Try again, try again ..

One potion is glitched, but that doesn't sound like your problem?

It's the last one, isn't it? The Wide-Eye one? I've tried it so many times, and it always says that temperature is out of range.

Never had any problems with potions, and I brewed every one.

-Laugh- Lucky. I wish I could get past the boil one! Its just the first one, and I still haven't managed to get it right.

You can change the current potion? I thought you were supposed to do the 'cure for boils,' as I assumed it would be the easiest for new pottermore people to do. ((Such as me))

If you haven't done any potions before Rain, I think they make you practice with the Boils one until you get it right. Then there are more you can do once you've completed that one ^^

If you haven't done any potions before Rain, I think they make you practice with the Boils one until you get it right. Then there are more you can do once you've completed that one ^^

But how does one get it right? I have done it more times then I can count and I still can't finish it before times run out. And how do I wave my wand if it does not even show up?

Your wand is on the table, on the right. It's just behind most of the ingredients so it can be sort of hard to see.