Kamak

Pottermore

Yes, my friend was a Ravenclaw/Gryffindor Hatstall. I'm just a straight-up Ravenclaw.

Hrrrm, Ravenclaw's fallen in the house ranking... but we still have the highest average points-per-member, so I'm not too crushed.

No, I agree on the sorting. I understand wanting a certain house, but hey, Neville wanted Hufflepuff and did just fine in Gryffindor, where the hat wanted him. x3

Backup - that's what I thought, but then I read about hatstalls (which are rare), which is when the hat really seems to take into account what house you want, and the sorting does account for hatstalls. :3

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Hatstall

There was someone in Slytherin who apparently got to pick between three houses in a hatstall. :P

I think it's fine and cool that the hat takes wishes into account but like, people getting frustrated/redoing the sorting over and over just to get into a house they want (and clearly don't have much skill at analyzing the options if that was the intention xP) seems a little silly. o3o In HP land, like, is it possible to be completely weak minded, disloyal etc and still get into Gryffindor just because you really liked the house?

~

My forgetting potion has disappeared twice during the brewing process now. :u

Anyone else in Ravenclaw?

The questions in the sorting seemed completely unrelated,but if I was asked to chose,I just couldn't.I would be happy with any house.

Hat allows you to choose only if you are somewhere in between, like Harry, Neville and Hermione were ( and it refused to listen only to Neville. Both Harry and Hermione got the house they wanted). But if you are a pure Slytherin for example, what's there to choose? You obviously fit in that house.

And yes, people are cheating. They go to their opponents houses, blow up the potions on purpose (where they loose points), and then go dueling against their own houses, where they also loose on purpose and give free points to their real house.

@7Deadly$ins-So did I.I can't imagine anyone being able to cheat the system if hogwarts were real,and isn't that what Pottermore is about?Being able to experience the sorting and stuff?

Edited by arabian sparkle

I'm going to add everyone who's posted their PM name up to this point, so if you get a request from SeerHawthorn125, that's me smile.gif

Oho, is it just me or did they fix the point system? There aren't those big jumps anymore.

And have a problem. When I'm dueling with petrificus totalus, sometimes when I need to press the second T, it doesn't register it and the letters just slide down. And yes, I'm sure I got the right letter. It's always second T. Did anyone have that happen?

@Rhynn: Added ^^

@PointOfOrigin: I haven't had that happen to me.. o_O

Are anyone here "ThornWormwood18460"?

Edited by Nimrodel

Cheating (in respect to House points) is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. I mean, if I were a hacker wouldn't I be hacking house points? That at least would benefit me on some level... but really blowing up cauldrons? I can't even begin to grasp how stupid and pointless and time consuming that is.

As for choosing houses, I wanted to choose my house because of this

Edited by DarkEternity

Yeah... neither. I mean, why waste time trying to sabotage another house instead of helping your own? :u

@ DE: I haven't followed the series but that looks a lot like that Sherlock guy. :B

~

I had my friend over today for a D&M sesh and I mentioned that Pottermore was open and I wanted her to sign up so I could see what house she's in. She got into Gryffindor but the most lolsy part was when I mentioned how I shared wand cores with many main characters so we checked out her wand...

... and if the wiki is anything to go by, her wand is literally almost identical to Harry Potter's. XD Hers is holly*, 11 inch with phoenix core and supple. Harry's is the same except 'nice and supple'. I feel awesome being friends with her. xP

(I swear Pottermore has converted me. I was like, neutral about the series until I joined and now I'm like "Gah, competition! MUST WIN FOR SLYTHERIN.")

* You know you play too much DC when you think about a certain red dragon when you read that word...

ETA: Oh my god, I just realized her name has 'Prophecy' in it as well. Kinda like the whole 'Chosen One' prophecy thing. XD

@ below: I have one word for you: Jude Law. Yessss. He was the reason I watched Sherlock Holmes. o3o And I'm aware it's not the same as the BBC one, haha. I heard it's good... I should watch when I have more time. .3.

Edited by Varekis

* You know you play too much DC when you think about a certain red dragon when you read that word...

That was the first thing I thought of... xd.png

It's a picture of BBC!Sherlock and BBC!John meeting movieverse!Holmes and movieverse!Watson. :3

Edited by DarkEternity

I would never try to sabotage another house. I will probably never go on my first two accounts again (Well, I went on one again, but that was just to see the welcome message). I can't even find the username for my first one in my email, and so for it I'd have to dig through this thread. I just think Ravenclaw is awesome. At first I probably would have been willing to be in Slytherin, but then I saw the current points and that Slytherin was way in the lead, or something, and wanted to even the points out a bit.

Reading the Griffindor house description after I read the Ravenclaw description also made me super annoyed about the length. Ravenclaw's is nice and detailed, but Griffindor's is just like 'Hey we're the best house. That's all there is to it. Have a nice day!' without explaining anything except that Percy Weasly is really stuck up. I wish Percy was killed, not Fred. Or George. I think it was Fred.

... Hoping that JK has some form of house point reset because y'know Slytherin is The with a capital T house of blatant mary sues, Draco in Leather Pants (trope namer) and self inserts. -> (probably need to mitigate the fan influx)

/is guilty

Poor Hufflepuff ... we're so far behind. sad.gif The Dueling page isn't loading for me. >.> I like Potions, it's fun! tongue.gif

Bah, how annoying! I was brewing a potion, and it was ready for the second stage. But then it just disappeared! Suddenly it was as if I had not started making it at all, and I did absolutely nothing o_O Now I have to wait 53 minutes again... ><

Is it just me or is Pottermore going through a glitch right now? Yesterday, I wasn't able to get to Wizard's Duel and now that I am finally on it, it is showing that I haven't been challenged or completed any duels. How can that be if it also says I have won 15 house points in duels?

And how are people seeing when others are brewing potions? I didn't know that was even possible.

Edited by sheppardkid

It's saying "You have not completed or been challenged to any duels yet." to me as well. That's actually the second time today. I don't know why. Perhaps they're just doing regular wipes?

Also, I don't think you can see when others are brewing? At least I have seen no such option

Same happened to me, and I have over 800 points in duels.

When you go to the common room you have recent activity and comments. Everything is under recent activity from finding galleons to brewing and winning in dueling. The only thing it doesn't show is failing.

Poor Hufflepuff ... we're so far behind.

Yeah, but we're a hardy bunch - we can handle it!!

Okay I have a question. It seems that I'm missing Rowena Ravenclaw's Chocolate Frog card. I know in what scene it is but can anyone tell me where exactly?

Never mind. I ended up finding it. biggrin.gif

Edited by sheppardkid

I got into Ravenclaw!! It's the house I realllly wanted. smile.gif

Be honest when you take the sorting test. My friend tried to answer to get into Gryffindor and it didn't work. So be honest!

Just signed up yesterday, I've been waiting FOREVER for it to finally open!

It's so much fun! Got a sick wand (14 1/4 in, cedar, dragon heartstring, unbending), the house I wanted (Slytherin, who happen to be in the lead right now), and Potions is frustrating but so much fun. Can't wait for the second book!

I'm really proud to have been honestly sorted into Slytherin. People may think Slytherin is the sneaky house but I haven't seen anyone cheating. We really don't have to. We've stayed pretty steadily ahead.