SkySong278

X-Men: The End

Nicandro - Blade

"Well, now we know where you stand and to be honest, you're only half right. At least you have explained yourself and can have some grub. And you can as well young blood." he said to Will and wondered where he had gotten the X-gene for an explosive body. He passed around bowls of soup and then stopped with a distant look on his face after harrassing Riley about being beautiful some more. However when Will started to become upset, Nicandro realized something. "You're Nitro's son. You know, it takes time to learn how to control your powers. There's another girl who comes here often who can't control the plants that grow around her. It's all different lad." He looked at Michael as if he could read what was in the guys mind. "Don't listen to him William. He's got a killers mind, and it's obvious that you don't. It's good that you have remorse, however, you can't let your mistakes beat you up." His face grew distant for a moment when he opened a hole in the asphalt around Sophira and Siren and made a slide that brought them right to the hideout. "Riley?" he asked motioning to the two girls. He had to keep Michael from influencing this boy.

Moira

"Sometimes programming is tough, but at least manners worked out." She said as she gently stroked the lizards head and laughed as it chirruped with the touch. She watched his face as he became distant a few times, wondering where his mind had gone. With a test of the bandages, she felt her shoulder completely give out rendering her right arm useless for a little while.

"Thank you again Com for taking care of me like this...and the other mutants and humans that you have helped. You haven't had to, but you've chosen to. And it means a lot to those of us still trying to keep mutants with a good name." It was the most that she had spoken to him that was civilized instead of questions, and one sentence replies, but it felt good to tell someone what she really thought about them and she hoped that he understood how grateful she was to him.

"Oh, and AAUs...well, I made him." She said and decided to let him know her abilities. "My three main mutant abilities are Photopathy, the control of photosynthetic organisms, Technopathy, control of mechanical objects as well as the ability to search, insert, read, and listen to radios, computers and cell phones. Then the last one is Elemental Transmutation. I can change any element I want into another. I can even change Lutetium into Gold. The last two are my weakest abilities Morphing into another human being, and then Night vision." She said and smirked. "I can even look like that mutant haters son, Asashi." In a moment her face and body suddenly looked like that of Asashi in every way including the eyes.

Lily~Siren

Lily followed after Sophira quickly, not low on energy at all. Her voice just a bit gruff from overuse, it would be fine in a few hours. Maybe half an hour, it depended. They reached a manhole and Sophira said, "Right here." Then she tapped the manhole three times just like the message had instructed. "I don't know these people very well, but they're all mutants and they seemed to be trying to help each other. I..." Sophira abruptly ended the sentence as though expecting the manhole to open soon.

A thought struck Lily and she smiled, remembering a mutant she had met once... She had been in a tight squeeze. Or rather, would have been had Com not alerted her ahead of time. It was just after this inncident that she had faked death, stolen an I.D., and bought her headset and speakers. She wondered if he was with this strange new group, "Sophira... Do you by chance know if a mutant by the name of Com was with the group?" Her eyes sparked with a slim hope. It would really suck if Com was dead.

Lily glanced down at the manhole and then around her, she could hear tge sound of sirens in the distance. Things were picking up and she couldn't risk being around when they peaked. Her nervous glances quickly betrayed her character Siren for the more insecure Lily. She had thought the singing would last longer. This made her nervous, her fingers tapped a rythym on her legs, and she gave another quick glance around before focusing on Sophira again.

Then a slide opened in the pavement. With a last glance around she slid down, landing on her butt under ground. "Ouch..." She whined before moving out of the way. So that Sophira could come down. Lily rose and dusted off her worn jeans and white (though not so white after recent events) tank top before turning to face her saviors. One boy was crying, another comforting him. A girl, and a boy. Cautiously Lily asked, "Who are you?" She was happy to hear that her voice was back to it's normal sweet alluring self. Lily hated her voice to sound gruff, bugged her to no end. Go figure that the one thing she hated about herself was the thing she was most vain about as well.

Edited by Merryier12

@Com@

"Thank you again Com for taking care of me like this...and the other mutants and humans that you have helped. You haven't had to, but you've chosen to. And it means a lot to those of us still trying to keep mutants with a good name."

Com paused a moment. "Your welcome," he replied simply. He didn't feel like he had done that much to help others, mainly because it wasn't his main agenda as far as short-term goals went, and he had made a lot of mistakes in his younger years. Thinking back reminded him of when he chose his 'mutant' name, Com. He had wanted to name himself after a weapon, but there were so many mutants already with names like 'Bullet', 'Sword' and 'Slicer', Com had wanted something unique. He had finally asked his Korean teacher (Korean being his third language after Spanish and English) what some Korean weapons were and had found one that sounded a lot like 'Kom'. Com was a simple enough name, and Asashi didn't feel he needed anything fancy. After all, some of the greatest mutants only had one letter as their identifying name.

"Oh, and AAUs...well, I made him." Com looked at the Irish girl, impressed. She must be well-educated and intelligent. I wonder if she came from a family similar to mine...

"My three main mutant abilities are Photopathy, the control of photosynthetic organisms, Technopathy, control of mechanical objects as well as the ability to search, insert, read, and listen to radios, computers and cell phones. Then the last one is Elemental Transmutation. I can change any element I want into another. I can even change Lutetium into Gold. The last two are my weakest abilities; Morphing into another human being, and then Night vision."

Com was so busy analyzing what she was saying that the next thing she did surprised him enough that his heart almost skipped a beat. "I can even look like that mutant hater's son, Asashi." It only took a moment for the girl to completely morph herself to look exactly like Asashi, and Com had to think quickly to sound casual. Luckily, he was used to people referring to him in third person (not to mention in very hateful terms as well) and he didn't pause for an unusually long amount of time. "Interesting," he said simply, carefully noticing how exact his mirror-image was. "Your powers seem very useful." He paused a moment, new questions coming to mind. "If you don't mind my asking, do you have a home here in Boston?" And if not, why do you remain? You're strong and able and have many abilities, and surely if you moved somewhere you could get a good job and settle down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Sophira~

"Sophira... Do you by chance know if a mutant by the name of Com was with the group?"

Sophira looked at her new friend carefully and suddenly felt a bit embarrassed. "Well, I actually don't really know these people very well at all... as in, I actually don't know their names. But, I'm sure they're nice! This boy made a car explode on accident, but the other mutant who showed me this helped him and stopped rubble from hitting people. I really think we can trust them, but if we can't I promise I'll help you escape." The last words Sophira spoke made her lip quiver, but she quickly calmed herself. The worst they can do is turn me in to the police. I know they can't hurt me, because I can protect myself with my powers and I can protect Siren. If they turn me in, then it's okay. I haven't committed any crimes and I can even help them heal people.

Sophira found herself glancing around cautiously as sirens started up again. Fortunately the sirens were only because of the confusion; no human seemed to remember what had happened and they all seemed confused about their injuries, but they were fairly calm. Sophira was about to ask Siren a question when suddenly a slide opened in front of them and Siren slid down. Sophira peeked down cautiously after her and giggled quietly as her friend landed roughly and whined. Sophira quickly followed suite and stood next to Siren, glad she wasn't alone. It appeared they were in a sort of sewer system, but things didn't smell half as bad as Sophira had expected.

As Siren asked who the man who had rescued them was, Sophira scanned the room for the boy she had seen cause the explosion earlier. She quickly found him and noticed how distressed he looked. She felt bad for him, but wasn't sure what to do. She felt bad for them all, actually, but was glad they had a place to stay. Sophira stood next to Siren and waited to be shown what to do. She could smell something delicious, but after the events of that day she wasn't really hungry...

Edited by LadyNatasha

Riley ↔ Tempest

Riley sighed and said teasingly in reply before going over to meet the girls, "You're trying to get rid of me. I just know it." Then after she was in front of the girls that had just arrived she said in reply to the first one's question, "We are a group of mutants trying to find a new place. My name is Riley but I'm also known as Tempest. The boy that's my age is Nick or Blade and the two boys that he's helping that are also new here are Mike and Will. He would come over here and greet you himself but he's busy so he had me come over here and greet you."

Edited by Dragonpelt

Lily~Siren

Lily watched cautiously as a girl approached, she seemed nice enough, but with mutants it was hard to tell. "We are a group of mutants trying to find a new place. My name is Riley but I'm also known as Tempest. The boy that's my age is Nick or Blade and the two boys that he's helping that are also new here are Mike and Will. He would come over here and greet you himself but he's busy so he had me come over here and greet you." Riley... Er- Tempest informed her.

Lily nodded, Nic/Blade, Will, Mike, Sophira, and Riley. She'd never seen so many mutants in one place before but figured it must be safe if so many were comfortable here. Lily relaxed a bit, but she might still have looked tense, it was just her posture. She'd always had excellent posture (most ballet dancers did). She thought wistfully of a stage, she had ballet shoes in her bag. Never weant anywhere without them, or her microphone nowadays just in case she needed a quick getaway.

Finally Lily said, "I'm Siren. Are we... Safe here?" She frowned surveying the room and recalling from memory what Sophira had told her just before she slid down. It worried her a bit...

"Well, I actually don't really know these people very well at all... as in, I actually don't know their names. But, I'm sure they're nice! This boy made a car explode on accident, but the other mutant who showed me this helped him and stopped rubble from hitting people. I really think we can trust them, but if we can't I promise I'll help you escape."

Not knowing people and just jumping right in? Both her and Sophira needed medication... Although the last bit reassured her some, Lily had quickly learned not to trust before you knew. So many of her kind were caught or killed that way. And so were officers... On that note, Lily hoped that the officers were okay. They were most likely all awake, the good thing? They wouldn't remember anything. Lily figured she should inform them of this.

"The song I was singing didn't just put them to sleep, they pretty much forgot everything about today. So they won't remember you guys, or any other mutant they were chasing today..." Lily hoped that maybe this would get on their good side, and maybe get them some of that food... It smelled really good, and Lily was pretty hungry after today's events. She paused for a moment to repeat the names in her head, like lines, so that she wouldn't forget.

Riley, Nic, Will, Sophira, and Mike... Lily had to admit she was rather dissapointed that Com wasn't here. She had looked forward to meeting the mysterious mutant again. It bugged her that she couldn't figure him out. There was one thing about Com that she knew (any good actor or actress could tell really)... Com was just a character, just a skin someone slipped into. And Lily wanted to know who it really was under that mask. She owed him her life really, and she wanted to thank him properly.

~Sophira~

Sophira watched cautiously as another mutant approached, the one called Riley. A smile grew across Sophira's face as Riley spoke. "We are a group of mutants trying to find a new place. My name is Riley but I'm also known as Tempest. The boy that's my age is Nick or Blade and the two boys that he's helping that are also new here are Mike and Will. He would come over here and greet you himself but he's busy so he had me come over here and greet you."

Sophira nodded about the same time Siren did, but Sophira hadn't really been listening to the names very closely. She was more interested in looking around, and she wanted to get to know the other mutants for herself. The fact that there were so many mutants all together, not killing anyone or each other, made Sophira excited. She had never known that mutants could get along so well! But yes, now she had to know what their goals were. Indeed, if they were the killer-type of mutants--ones who had lost their human sense of compassion and cared not for the world--Sophira figured she'd have to leave. Yes, she'd have to leave and do what, turn them in to the police? The entire group? The police would need a LOT of people to take them down, and there'd for sure be casualties. Maybe I can just convince them that killing is wrong! Of course, I'm getting way ahead of myself! These people don't look like killers at all.

As though she could tell a killer when she saw one.

As Siren introduced herself, Sophira remembered to do the same. "I'm Sophira," she put in quickly. As Siren asked if they were safe there, Sophira watched Riley's face. She honestly didn't think the older mutant would hurt them, but Sophira felt responsible for Siren's safety and wanted to be absolutely certain that they would be safe.

"The song I was singing didn't just put them to sleep, they pretty much forgot everything about today. So they won't remember you guys, or any other mutant they were chasing today..."

Sophira looked at Siren and smiled. "That's amazing! I wish I had a power like that... sort of... I guess I'm pretty happy with my X-gene, though." Indeed, the more Sophira thought of it, the more she realized she wouldn't want something like Siren had. The only reason was because she didn't like messing with other people's minds; she liked them to have their own, unforced opinions and memories. That wasn't saying she was ungrateful for what Siren had done! No, Sophira was thrilled; Siren had probably saved more lives by singing that day than Sophira had saved in her entire life. That reminded Sophira of something, and she leaned over towards Siren. "So... is your friend, um, 'Com' here?" Sophira hadn't really listened to Riley name off the people, so she couldn't remember if the name Com was spoken, but she hoped so for Siren's sake; it would be nice to have someone they could really trust, and Sophira assumed she could trust anyone Siren could trust.

Sophira glanced at Will, as though wondering if he was Com. She smiled at him quickly before turning her attention back to Siren, not wanting to seem like she was staring or anything.

((Waiting on Dark and Kokay for Nic))

Moira

Moira laughed slightly as she changed back to herself, her hair darkening slightly and growing back to its normal length. Your powers seem pretty useful. "yeah I guess." She said then pulled a few seeds out of the pocket of her hoodie. From them, and in her hand, grew two small apple trees, one plum tree and a peach tree, each of them producing once piece of fruit. "Let him choose." she muttered to the little trees and their roots started to drag them across the ground over to Com.

If you don't mind my asking, do you have a home here in Boston?

"Well, that's kinda hard to say. My family moved back home to Ireland and I stayed here to keep them safe from the government. Even people in Ireland hate us mutants." she said wondering if that would suffice for him, or if it would cause him to ask more questions. "Speak of the devil..." she said as a small vibrating sound was heard. She pulled out her phone and smiled at it. "Hello?" she said in English as she placed the phone next to ear. A high pitched voice could be heard on the other side of the phone but whatever this woman was saying was unable to be understood.

Moira glanced up at Com and then slipped into her home language from the city she was in; Irish Gaelic. When she spoke it, it sounded like the perfect tongue for her voice.

The conversation:

"Hello Mother, yes, I'm fine here."

"Have you found a place to stay yet?"

"No ma'am I haven't. America isn't as kind as we thought, but they are starting to accept us."

"Oh good dear! I can't wait to come and see you!"

"I can't wait to see you either mother. How are Shaemus and Fiona?"

"They are both doing well and missing their baby sister. You know, Shaemus is about to get married!"

"To that O'Hara girl I bet?"

"Yes! And oh my they looks so lovely together! Oh, I had better go now, your father is ailing today."

"Send everyone my love Mother."

"I love you as well Moira."

"Bye."

"Sorry about that. Me mum tends to call every now and then and most of the time when I am talking about her." She looked at AAUs and wondered what would have happened had she not falsified her information to take classes at a University from 16 to her 18th birthday. If she hadn't have gotten those scholarships.

"Anyways, where does a person like you stay? It doesn't seem like you are against the police, or with them." She flipped her hair behind her back and grimaced slightly at the sticky feeling of blood that was in her hair.

Lily~Siren

"That's amazing! I wish I had a power like that... sort of... I guess I'm pretty happy with my X-gene, though." Sophira told her with a smile. Lily smiled back, at least someone thought so. Her power wasn't exactly the best thing, sure it was useful... But Lily hated doing that to people. It made her feel evil, she knew it was wrong but... She'd saved a lot of lives today by doing it. Not sure what to say she said, "Thanks... I just wish I could've helped more..." She looked away wistfully before snapping her attention back to Riley.

Sophira had seemed to be lost in thought for a moment before she returned to the conversation as well. Sophira leaned towards Lily and she turned to ask what she wanted when Sophira asked, "So... is your friend, um, 'Com' here?" Lily frowned and shook her head in response. She had already affirmed that although... She never saw him without that helmet on. So in truth, he could be here, and Lily would be none the wiser.

#Com#

Com watched with interest as Moira brought four seeds out of her hoodie pocket and started to grow them, right there and then. Each one grew one piece of fruit and dragged themselves over to Com. Of course, he knew he couldn't eat; not only could he not risk removing his mouth piece too many times (for who knows how good she is at recognizing jaws?) but he also couldn't trust her not to be poisoning him, even if he had just saved her life. Humans were just like that; they took advantage of whatever they could and left others in the dust. Humans, as in mutants and humans. They were one and the same to Com; a mutant could bear a human child, and a human could bear a mutant child. Some mutants wanted humans dead and some wanted to help humans, and the same went for humans to mutants. They were exactly the same, with only one little genetic difference. There was no such thing as a 'half-mutant' or 'half-human.' You were either a mutant or not, and Com considered them all to be humans. He would never say this to a mutant (OR human), of course, for very few shared his view on such things.

Com listened carefully to the Irish girl's response to his question.

"Well, that's kinda hard to say. My family moved back home to Ireland and I stayed here to keep them safe from the government. Even people in Ireland hate us mutants."

She avoided my question completely, Com thought with a smile. He knew what that meant; she didn't want him poking into her life, and he was fine with that. He hadn't even asked her name, though he found it slightly humorous that he knew her lizard's name and not her own. Com almost flinched when a vibrating sound suddenly hit the air. He relaxed as he saw that it was just the Irish mutant's phone. It could have been some sort of alarm or trap, though Com knew no such thing existed in the forest surrounding him (for he had personally asked his father to keep it clear of technology, to make it a more 'natural' and 'earth-friendly' place).

Com listened quietly as the Irish girl spoke in her native tongue to what sounded like a woman on the other side of the phone. Com had never considered learning Irish and didn't have much say in the matter either, for his father wanted him to learn Chinese next: Mr. Nethofelshi was certain that Chinese mutant immigrants would start pouring into America in the next few years. Com wasn't interested in Chinese, but Asashi didn't care either way. While Moira spoke, Com looked over the fruit on the trees before him.

"Sorry about that. Me mum tends to call every now and then and most of the time when I am talking about her." Com nodded once, indicating that it was none of his business and he didn't suspect her of talking to anyone that would turn them in. "Anyways, where does a person like you stay? It doesn't seem like you are against the police, or with them."

Com smiled grimly. "I come and go. I have several... 'bases' if you will, but none are any more sophisticated than what you see here. I find it safest to have several places I can go to for supplies, so if one is discovered I'm not screwed. This is probably my most dangerous base, but it's not as dangerous as it might seem. The Nethofelshi's never come out to these woods." Com paused a moment, again glancing at the trees. Everything he had said was true; he did have several other 'bases' and he did keep supplies equally differentiated in each one. He would hate to have his father discover one of his bases and think mutants were stealing from him. That's why I'm very careful, father, to put things where you never go. "I'm not hungry, thank you, but you should eat something to keep your strength up." A tiny beep sounded from Com's helmet, a reminder of sorts that he used for himself. I have to leave soon. With the confusion on the streets, father might send someone back to check on me. That and I have to choose a topic for my next speech.

"As for the police," Com continued, "they are the law enforcement of this city, this state, this Country. However they have become corrupted, and in a country where racism once was at an all-time low, members of the mutant race are now outlawed. It's hard to blame them, since much death has been caused by mutants. After the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Japanese people who were in America were treated more harshly than non-Japanese. However, they were not utterly hated in every way like many mutants are. By arresting the innocent and the guilty, killing the young and the old, I have deemed the law enforcement of this country corrupted. So then comes the age old question; what to do about it? Do we use violence to overcome violence? Do we obey all of the laws and allow ourselves to be arrested, using peace as a means to prove our innocence and get the common people on our side? Or do we run and hide, waiting for a hero to save us? Perhaps we hide and act for the greater good when we can... but we're still running from the law."

Com reloaded his pistol and stood, then put it under a fold on his outfit and picked up the bag of medical supplies. "This forest is safe. I have other work to accomplish, but I'll be back to check on you later. I would strongly suggest resting and letting that arm heal." Com turned to go, leaving the bottle of water with Moira. It was time to get home.

~Com is not heading towards the Nethofelshi mansion. He is heading a seemingly random direction through the woods.

~Com will stop and listen if Moira tells him to wait or something similar, but otherwise he will keep walking until he is out of sight.

Edited by LadyNatasha

Mike

Mike was most certainly willing to start a fight with the new man, but there were a few ends that needed tying up before he could do that. He didn't know the man's X-gene. Starting a fight with someone who had a strong X-gene like Magneto had or Xavier had... It wouldn't end well with him. However, instead, he could meet the new girls. There was one whom he identified before she even introduced herself, Siren. She had made a couple appearances already. He suspected it had been her singing before, saving the influx of Mutants. Her power could be incredibly useful. Michael stepped forward, smiling winningly at the girls. He may not be the most handsome man, but he was more than capable of winning girls over with sheer charm.

The young man flattened his jacket carefully and smiled at the girls again. "Hello, I'm George. But, I go by Mike. I never really liked that name. It's too... Bleh." He shuddered and laughed. "But, I must say, Siren and Sophira, I am absolutely charmed to meet you." His smile was warm, his eyes the same. He had changed. Michael was intelligent and incredibly analytic. He turned his gaze to the boy and sighed softly. "I'm sorry, son. Don't... Don't be too hard on yourself, okay?" He then looked at the food he'd been given. Wayne had already eaten and was now looking at him carefully. Their gaze was held for only a second and Wayne turned to the girls while Michael began eating. "Hello, my name is Wayne. I'm a split. That's George's X-gene. He splits."

Siren

A boy approached from behind Tempest. And Siren tensed a bit, she had always been... Edgy around guys. Especially those who reminded her of Jay. And the way this one smiled... Reminded her too much. It was like someone broke her heart and stamped on it with large boots.

He was smiling and finally got around to introducing himself. "Hello, I'm George. But, I go by Mike. I never really liked that name. It's too... Bleh." He shuddered and laughed while Siren smiled, trying to appease him. She didn't like him much, this charm was fake, just like Com's cover. It was just an act to fall into. Then again, she was a hypocrite, Siren wasn't really her. Lily was, not that she'd ever tell anyone here that. Except for Sophira perhaps.

So George continued on, "Hello, I'm George. But, I go by Mike. I never really liked that name. It's too... Bleh." His eyes were warm, and hjs smile inviting. But Siren wasn't falling for it. Lily was too good an actress to fall for this act. But of course, she didn't let on to that. Two can play this game George,m. But only the pro can win. She thought to herself as she said, "Same of course," accenting it with a small smile.

He sighed and turned to another boy, "I'm sorry, son. Don't... Don't be too hard on yourself, okay?" He told the crying boy. You've got to do better than that George... Your character is nothing like that... She thought though her eyes seemed to melt with sympathy and love that Michael could be so kind. It was a fun game to play... And Siren loved to play.

Then he was distracted by the food, Siren couldn't blame him. Only to find another man having eaten it while they were conversing. The man met his eyes for a moment before turning his attention to Siren and Sophira. "Hello, my name is Wayne. I'm a split. That's George's X-gene. He splits." Siren nodded, so he could make copies of himself... That was... Cool? Siren smiled at the split, "I'm Siren, I sing... It uh, well I'll show you some other time..." She trailed off and glanced at George, when to reveal his act? Not now... But sometime soon. It would be fun to lead him on for a while. Siren suspected he was a human hater, but couldn't confirm it right now. As soon as she knew for sure... Then she'd tell.

>Will<

"You're Nitro's son. You know, it takes time to learn how to control your powers. There's another girl who comes here often who can't control the plants that grow around her. It's all different lad." Will flinched at the sound of his father's name. He figured they would figure it out, but not this quickly. He accepted the bowl of soup and started eating it, not minding the scalding liquid. The other man, Michael, told him to defend the gift of life with his own powers. "Don't listen to him William. He's got a killer's mind, and it's obvious that you don't. It's good that you have remorse, however, you can't let your mistakes beat you up." Nic said, and Will sighed. Will said, eating more of the soup.

The other two girls entered, one being the girl who had distracted the policemen, and another who he didn't recognize. The girl called herself Siren, and she supposedly had a power to make people sleep. Michael introduced himself and then turned to Will, saying, "I'm sorry, son. Don't... Don't be too hard on yourself, okay?" Will bristled at being called 'son', but he finally just brushed it off.

"My name is Will, and my X-gene allows me to self-detonate." Will said, and then returned to his soup. He didn't feel like talking about his X-gene.

Edited by Darkshadow

~Sophira~

Sophira was rather glad when one of the other mutants came to introduce himself. He looked to be in his late teens or early twenties, but Sophira couldn't be sure. "Hello, I'm George. But, I go by Mike. I never really liked that name. It's too... Bleh." Sophira giggled at his use of terms and glanced at Siren. She wasn't laughing, but as far as Sophira could tell she wasn't upset. This man seemed nice enough and seemed very mannerly. "But, I must say, Siren and Sophira, I am absolutely charmed to meet you." Sophira nodded shyly as Siren returned the 'charm'. Sophira was curious now, what could this man do? Of course she was curious about them all. Sophira's smile faded as Mike turned to talk to the boy who had blown up the police car. He looks so upset... but everyone was okay, weren't they? The man who showed us this stopped the building from falling, and if I remember correctly, the policeman landed in a tree and was moving. It must be hard, though, not being able to control what you make explode.

Then suddenly a man who appeared to be Mike's identical twin was speaking. "Hello, my name is Wayne. I'm a split. That's George's X-gene. He splits." Sophira paused a moment to register what 'split' meant and then nodded. "It's wonderful to meet you both! I had no idea a place like this existed, a place where mutants can gather undetected. I'm truly thankful to be here." She was about to introduce herself to the sad looking boy when he spoke up first.

"My name is Will, and my X-gene allows me to self-detonate." Sophira paused, caught off guard. He... he detonated himself? Oh. I didn't... hmm, now that I think of it, it did look like the explosion started from him. Sophira smiled, not very concerned about what that could mean. She was simply glad he had escaped from the crowd, for she so hated watching people beat up others, whether human or mutant. She automatically assumed that Will would never detonate on purpose in a group of people. "I'm Sophira. My power allows me to take wounds from others and put them on myself, or put my wounds on others. I can also... how to describe it? I can protect others from all harm by taking the harm on myself, for a limited amount of time." Sophira decided not to mention that she could do just the opposite and cause harm to others. The things she could do with that power made her shudder. She could catch the eye of any person in the room, stick a gun to her own head, pull the trigger and they'd be dead. She preferred to forget about that power--and the first time she had used it.

Siren

"It's wonderful to meet you both! I had no idea a place like this existed, a place where mutants can gather undetected. I'm truly thankful to be here." Siren glanced over as Sophira excitedly yammered about this. Siren smiled, her new friend was obviously an activist (the good kind though) fighting for mutants and humans alike. It was nice to hear and see.

"My name is Will, and my X-gene allows me to self-detonate." Siren and Sophira had both assumed the same thing. That Will didn't detonate on purpose. Of course she had watched him explode earlier, so she'd known his power had something to do with explosions.

It seemed everyone here already knew her, she wasn't sure how she felt about having a reputation, but she had no need to introduce herself appearently. Instead Sophira spoke up, "I'm Sophira. My power allows me to take wounds from others and put them on myself, or put my wounds on others. I can also... how to describe it? I can protect others from all harm by taking the harm on myself, for a limited amount of time."

Siren watched Sophira closley, a line was missing from that script, but Sireb could ask about it later. For now Siren was just glad that she knew her friend's X-gene. Or... Some of it. She was also glad that her act had been believed. Nobody had any idea that the alluring Siren (who was really Lily) would never fall for a tricky game that George was playing. Nobody here knew Lily. And Siren wanted to keep it that way.

Nicandro - Blade

Nicandro looked at Michael and suddenly regretted bringing the man in there, but knew that he couldn't refuse people because of their views. He looked once more at Will and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "If you ever feel like your going to explode, come to me." He winked with a bright smile. "I'll help you in whatever way I can." he said with another kind smile before looking to the two girls. "Siren, your name has been around a few times. And Sophira, such an ability is a blessing!" He said with a laugh then looked at Sophira. "Thank you both for your help earlier. As my girl told you already, I go by Blade, because of these things." He said and held up his hands which had two long blades that extended from them. "I control earth and metal in extensive ways and have a small amount of telepathic ability." He said and then made the blades disappear showing his hands. Both of them looked like they were coated in metal. "Now, don't mind me and make sure that you all eat heartily and get plenty of water." He said before sitting down at the back of the sitting area and making a pillar of stone rise out of the floor. With a groan of pain, he gently took his left hand off, showing that his hand was a work of machinery as well as metal work. He placed it on the pillar and started to oil it with his right hand.

((Gonna try this))

~ If someone asked him what happened, he'll smile and tell them

~If no one asks, he'll just continue oiling his hands

Moira

Moira listened as Com spoke about what he believed in and then watched him stand up. "Don't worry about it." she said in response to him checking up on her. For some reason she sounded choked up but if he looked back, he wouldn't have seen her at all. In an instant, the plants around her had grown into a solid wall that surrounded her. Luckily for her it was a thick wall so her crying couldn't be heard. "D*mn it ma ... ya shouldn't have called me." She said after a few sobs escaped her chest. Just then photos of her soon to be sister-in-law appeared on her phone as she was trying on wedding dresses. Her sister sent pictures of her and her brother which didn't help the torrent of tears that ran down Moira's face. "God, please." she muttered as she allowed herself to cry herself to sleep.

Edited by LoveLost

Riley ↔ Tempest

Riley smiled at both Siren and Sophira and said before getting up and going over to where Nick was, "It's nice to meet both of you and welcome to the group." Once she caught up to Nick, she climbed the pillar and sat next to him, hugging him a bit and hoping that he was okay. She was there for comfort if he needed it. She would back off if he wanted her to. "I'm here if you need me," she whispered before removing her arms from being around him so that she was just sitting there.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Nicandro - Blade

((Taking a bit of freedom here. If you don't like how your character was implied in it, PLEASE let me know, I don't mind changing it smile.gif ))

"You've always been there for me love." He said grabbing one of her hands and gently squeezing it. She was there the day that his hands had been completely blown to shreds. It was also the day that they had met Moira. They were walking along one of the roads when the whole area around them had been blown up into smithereens. He had placed his body in front of Riley to make sure that she was safe and his hands were just within the blast radius. The pain had been horrible and he was still able to control metal enough to seal off the bleeding. That was where Moira came into play and helped them to design him new hands and did their best to allow him to feel again, but it came and went. "Today I can feel in my hands." He said and smiled at her as she sat beside him. His right hand, gently trailed her jaw before he kissed her sweetly and placed his left hand back and took off his right to do the same process.

Siren

Siren watched as Nic placed a comforting hand on Will's shoulder. A comforting metal hand. Siren was a bit curious, but decided not to mention it, the shy, sweeter Lily taking over momentarily. "If you ever feel like your going to explode, come to me." Nic truly meant it. This was not a character. She felt very... Safe here. It was nice for a change. "I'll help you in whatever way I can."

He gave Will a kind smile before focusing on Siren and Sophira. Siren liked it that way, it was nice of him. Almost... Fatherly. "Siren, your name has been around a few times. And Sophira, such an ability is a blessing!" Siren blushed a little, her name? More like her voice... She gave an almost imperceptible sigh before turning her thoughts outward rather than in. Not everything was about her.

Nic laughed before turning to Sophira, "Thank you both for your help earlier. As my girl told you already, I go by Blade, because of these things." Siren watched in amazement as two blades grew and then shrunk from his hands. They were litterally part of him. Siren blinked once, but as she did, they were gone. "I control earth and metal in extensive ways and have a small amount of telepathic ability."

Siren stiffened, telepathic? Why? Why did he have to be telepathic? All trust for Nic suddenly flew out the door and Siren had to grit her teeth to force herself to stay quiet. She hated telepaths. They knew too much, saw too much... Remembered too much... Jay. The word flew through her mind like a bird. Swooping away all other thoughts. Nobody had any right to delve into her thoughts. Nobody. Even though Siren had a feeling Nic would never do such a thing, Siren found herself scooting towards Sophira subconciously.

"Now, don't mind me and make sure that you all eat heartily and get plenty of water." Siren nodded stiffly and hurried over to a table to observe them. She hated feeling like a spy but really she had no choice. It was do this or leave. If she felt her thoughts might be threatened in any way, she would scram. As fast as she could in the other direction.

Another thought broke through her guard, this time of Jay carefully stroking her arm. Siren shook off the memory, knowing it would only bring her pain. It wasn't fair that he was dead. Died protecting her... Siren could feel the stinging of tears, but held them back obstinately. She continued to watch as Blade and Tempest kissed, it reminded her of Jay, painfully so. But she had to watch.

Inspired, she opened her mouth to sing.

"We were both young when I first saw you,

I close my eyes and the flashback starts,

I'm standin' there,

On a balcony in summer air.

See the lights,

See the party the ball gowns.

See you make your way through the crowd,

And say, 'Hello.'

Little did I know...

That you were Romeo,

You were throwin' pebbles.

My Daddy said, 'Stay away from Juliet!'

And I was cryin' on the staircase,

Beggin' you please don't go...

And I said,

'Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone,

I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run!'

You'll be the Prince and I'll be the Princess,

It's a love story Baby just say, 'Yes.'"

Siren abruptly stopped singing and frowned, while her singing had been impecible... She shouldn't have done it. Turning to the split beside her she looked at the floor a bit ashamed and muttered, "Told you I'd show you later..." It was the first real demonstration they'd gotten and she'd picked that song? Siren sighed, not her finest moment.

((She was singing "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, and that's only the first couple verses xd.png))

Edited by Merryier12

Riley ↔ Tempest

"I try," Riley said in reply with a small smile as she gently squeezed his hand back a bit. During the silence that followed that small contact, she figured that he was remembering the day that his hands had been blown off with her being there. She also remembered that day and how he had protected her from the blast. When his right hand gently trailed over her jaw and she heard what he said, she was knocked back into reality and said in reply before kissing him back just as sweetly as he did her, "I'm glad." As he worked on his right hand as he had done his left, she turned towards Siren as she heard her sing and said with a small smile when she was done, "You have a lovely singing voice."

Edited by Dragonpelt

~Sophira~

"Thank you both for your help earlier. As my girl told you already, I go by Blade, because of these things." Sophira nodded, smiling. "It was my pleasure," she said happily. Her words were truly honest; it was a pleasure, to finally be able to help mutants who weren't going to retaliate by killing another human. "I control earth and metal in extensive ways and have a small amount of telepathic ability."

Sophira's reaction was just about the opposite of Siren's; she grew excited at the mention of his telepathic ability. "That must be very useful in sticky situations," she mentioned. As with Siren's power, Sophira would never want to have telepathy herself, but knowing that a seemingly-noble man had it didn't bother her at all. He probably only uses it when he needs it. Sophira noticed that Siren had moved a little closer to her, and she suddenly wondered if the girl felt comfortable in the place they were. She felt bad and hoped Siren wasn't only staying because of her. I'll have to talk about it with her later.

When Blade mentioned the food, Sophira was all too eager to get something to eat. She followed Siren over to the table and immediately grabbed a bowl and scooped some soup into it. She was about to take a bite when a beautiful melody suddenly filled the air, one that Sophira had heard before. She couldn't remember where she had heard it or who the singer was, but she thought maybe she had heard it before she had left home. Sophira stood still until the song was over, even though her soup was getting cold, for Siren's voice was twice as beautiful as Sophira remembered the original singer's voice to be.

When Siren was done, Sophira quickly noticed how embarrassed she was and smiled. "Hey, it's nothing to be ashamed of, that was beautiful! If only that kind of problem was our only problem," Sophira said wistfully. She had never been in love, so she really had no idea how deep the song might have been for Siren and others in the room. All she could think of was how much she would have liked to be having normal teen problems. Sophira found a place to sit on the floor to eat her soup and quickly sat, quite hungry now that the chaos was over. "Come sit over here, Siren," she offered. She had made sure the place she chose to sit was rather away from the group, where she figured Siren wouldn't feel so closed in. Maybe she's claustrophobic, Sophira thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Asashi~

So much to do, so little time. But the first thing was to change the security cameras on the streets... and fast. They weren't constantly monitored by anyone, but if security breaches happened they would be checked as soon as everything was cleaned up. Asashi was more grateful than ever for the singing of Siren, for she surely bought him enough time to get the cameras changed.

Of course, changing security cameras was to small issue; Asashi was certain that the Irish mutant could have, with her techno-powers, but she had seemed... emotionally distressed... when he had left, and she was injured anyways. And I can't just waltz her into the house. Girls... so emotional.

It had taken Asashi two minutes and twenty-one seconds to leave the forest, sneak into the mansion and change from Com to Asashi. He figured he had about eight minutes to change the security cameras. The first thing he did? Use his cell-phone to call an old friend of his...

((Phone conversation recorded just in case Moira decided to listen. Other RPers don't have to read it.))

"Yeah, what's up?"

"...Joe?"

"Asashi? Is that you? Hey, man! Long time no hear!"

"Joe, it's good to hear you're still alive." Asashi laughed with relief. Joe did not exactly live a safe life... at all, in any sense. Even calling Joe was dangerous, but since he didn't live in Boston, Asashi figured he'd be okay. "You should really be more polite when greeting people, don't you think?"

"Well maybe I don't wanna chat with people, discluding you, man."

"I don't think 'discluding' is a word."

"Dude, like I care."

"I know, I was kidding. Ahm, anyways, I need you to do a favor for me..."

"Isn't that the only reason you ever call?"

"You said you don't want to chat."

"Disincluding you."

"Right, so you were expecting me to call."

"Tell me what you need before I start yelling your secrets through the phone, for all to hear."

"Right... I need you to..." Asashi blinked, suddenly remembering that Moira could hear phone conversations. He was very glad just then that everyone had secrets. With Moira's powers, assuming she wasn't lying, Asashi realized he'd have to be much more careful on the phone. "Well, first of all, make sure your video games are turned off. I think I hear them in the background." There was no pause, as Joe knew exactly what Asashi meant.

"Should I turn off the TV, too?"

"Yes, definitely do that. I want your full attention."

"Done and... ready. Now what's up?"

"I need you to check on the accident in... these coordinates. I think my dad was there, and I'd like to know clearly how he's doing." Absolute silence filled the other end of the phone for about a minute, and Asashi ran a hand through his hair nervously. Finally, Joe's voice broke the silence.

"Okay... there are about six officers in that area. How many do you want me to check on?"

"All of them, and make sure there aren't more. Really make sure. I don't want any covered in rubble or dead or something, and if they are still check on them."

"I'll do what I can, but it'll take a minute."

"Right... make sure they're okay, alright? I want to see my dad."

"No problem. When do you want this done?"

"Literally as soon as possible, no later than five minutes. Got it?"

"Sure. And I thought you'd ask for something more challenging."

"Nah, you know me. No life, nothing to challenge you with. Things are so dull and boring over here. I can't wait to go to college."

"Uh, I gotta go."

"Get that done."

"See ya."

"Bye."

Asashi groaned and hung up. He was quite ready to be done as a mutant for the day, and to live the rest of the day out as a human. Then suddenly, Asashi found himself grinning and shaking his head. "Joe, what would I do without you?"

Joe was the last surviving being (as far as Asashi knew) that knew that Asashi and Com were one and the same. He was also extremely geeky and brilliant with computers and the such. He was also a very, very wanted criminal, not for killing anyone or anything of the sort but for hacking extremely private (coughmilitarycough) sites just for fun. He was the worst kind of daredevil, and Asashi often wondered how he survived. He knew that Joe lived by himself and seldom went anywhere due to his mutated appearance, but it had been two years since he had actually seen his friend.

Asashi turned towards the door of his room and frowned. "Time to write a speech..."

Siren

Siren finally scooped some soup into her bowl and sat down again, stirring it a bit as Tempest said, "You have a lovely singing voice." Siren smiled, it was nice to hear her talent was of some use. "Thanks," she thanked Tempest, before her thoughts turned to the people on the street.

With a sigh she took a swallow of soup and then froze. There were security cameras... All over the street, they had each probably captured her on video causing half of Boston to fall asleep. She could never return to the streets, she'd be a wanted criminal. Siren sighed again, wasn't this just great?

"Hey, it's nothing to be ashamed of, that was beautiful! If only that kind of problem was our only problem," it seemed that Sophira had picked up on Siren's recent mood swing. Siren gave her a smile, too. "If that was our only problem, we'd be human." Siren shook her head with a small laugh before continuing to eat the wonderful soup. It was really quite good.

"Come sit over here, Siren," Sophira offered politley. Siren smiled, she was a bit away from the group, she wondered if perhaps her friend was claustrophobic... But wanted company? Either way, Siren accepted the offer and happpily took a seat by her friend. Sophira seemed fine with the company, so perhaps just didn't like large crowds? No, she lived in Boston... Siren was a bit curious but decided not to mention it.

Nicandro - Blade

Nicandro looked around once he was done with his hands and done listening to Siren's voice. "What a voice." he said admiringly before lowering the pillar that had been holding his hands. "It seems that we are going to need more food to keep all of you fed." he said with a slight furrow in his brow before looking around them. "Riley, do you want to stay here to keep them safe? I'm gonna take young blood out for a walk." he said with a smile as he kissed and hugged Riley in a tender and sweet way. He loved her like no tomorrow and would never let her forget that. "Come along Will." His voice was stern enough to allow for no discussion, but it was easy to see that he wasn't forcing Will into it mentally. When he walked by the new people in the room he stopped and turned around. "One thing that I tell mutants that come here and trust us enough to eat and sleep with us near, is that, I won't read your mind, or listen to your thoughts unless you allow me to, or ask me to. The only time I don't do that, is in an emergency." He said with a smile then walked around the corner waiting for Will.

Moira

Moira awoke around 15 minutes later completely disgusted with herself for crying. "This is what always got ya into trouble." she muttered to herself before disbanding the plant walls and getting up to walk. Her arm was still rather sore but it wasn't completely unusable. "Anything unusual AAUs?" she asked the little lizard. "Assessment: Phone call from Nethofelshi Mansion regarding police." Moira shrugged slightly and asked him to play the phone call. "Nothing too terribly unusual. Although it is odd that it was right after Com left." But, she didn't think anything more of it and decided to get a look at the fine mansion.

Her pace was slow and steady until she reached the edge of the forest where she could feel where the cameras were scanning just in front of her. While staying out of the way, she made her own way to the main entrance from the road that lead to it. When guards came up to her she looked at them and smiled kindly. "Hello, there isn't another house for miles around here and all I need is just a washing machine and a towel. Please?" she asked them and when they interrogated her about where she came from, she gave them innocent answers that wouldn't have been suspected. AAUs was hidden from view in her pocket and her hoodie was slung over her arm. When they asked what had happened to her arm, she calmly stated that there had been a shooting as soon as she had gotten off of the bus that was to take her to another city. When they asked her why she came from the edge of the forest near the main road, she simply answered that she had been scared silly and didn't know where she was.

Edited by LoveLost

~Asashi~

Asashi would have preferred to work on the speech alone in his room, but his father was against it for several reasons, none of which made much sense to Asashi. First off, his father didn't want him to spend so much time alone--as though Asashi was anti-social or something. Second, his father wanted him to be in touch with the world, and Asashi's room had no windows (protection protocol, also instigated by his father). Third, his father liked to keep track of what Asashi was writing about. It seemed to Asashi that if every other speech wasn't about the X-gene, the latest crime busts or how many deaths mutants caused per week on average, his father was extremely unhappy. Asashi was fairly sick of writing about such things, but he had to admit that it helped keep a lazy person like himself in touch with what was happening with mutants all around the world. Sometimes, when Asashi had far too much time on his hands, he would write two speeches--one to keep to himself, a sort of personal log, and one to speak for his father. He was always careful to seem bored in his speeches and like he didn't really care either way what the mutants did. He was also careful not to exaggerate anything; everything he said was the truth, even if his father didn't always like it.

So, back to being social. Carrying coffee in one hand and a laptop in the other, Asashi headed over to the camroom, where all of the cameras around the mansion gave their feedback. There was always at least one person monitoring the room at all times, and Asashi was surprised to see four houseguards there when he entered. They were sitting around one of the two tables in the dark room, chatting about some recent technological breakthrough. Upon seeing Asashi, they quieted and looked more intently at the cameras. Asashi ignored them and sat at the other table, then set up his laptop. While it was booting up, Asashi glanced at the camera screens, one after another. How dull it was, that nothing ever moved on the screens. Very few people ever passed by the Nethofelshi mansion, in fear that the guards would stop them and interrogate them about every bit of their life they ever lived. The funny thing was, Asashi knew the guards better than that; the only reasons they ever asked anyone questions was because A, they were bored or B, they actually suspected the person of being a potential threat.

Yes, nothing ever happened on the cameras. Nope, nothing at all. Asashi sighed and reached for his coffee. As he sipped it, he glanced curiously at the front gate to see if the guards were chatting. Boy was he surprised when he something happening on the camera. You can bet he was even more surprised when he recognized Moira at the front gate. So surprised, in fact, that he choked on his coffee and managed to spit it on the table before his napkin reached his mouth. After that he proceeded to cough several more times before simply staring at the camera in shock. The house guards flinched, a bit worried for the boy, and also stared at the camera he was looking at. No! What is she doing there? Asking for help? Is she insane?! She knows who my father is, doesn't she??? Asashi stood to his feet, trying to think quickly. My father has pictures of every mutant that exists in Boston! If the guards suspect her, they'll file through the system for Irish mutants, and no doubt she'll show up!

"Well, looks like we have a guest," said one of the house guards. "Are you alright, master Asashi?"

Asashi turned and looked at the guard. He stared blankly for a moment before recovering his composure. "Ahm... uh, yeah, I was just... I thought I recognized her." He laughed and shook his head. "She looks like one of the nightmarish chicks who chased me around in high school, but she's not who I thought she was. Never mind it." It was a lame excuse, but it wasn't like the guards had any clue where Asashi really knew the girl from. Asashi looked back at the screen and watched the guards' responses carefully. They'll either look for her mutant identity now or never. If never, they'll surely bring her in for medical treatment--they'd never leave a civilian on the street. I didn't want her in here so soon! Even though his father was gone, Asashi knew that Moira was putting herself at risk every moment she stood near the Nethofelshi mansion.

Asashi had, fortunately for him, completely removed and shut down his Com outfit before even entering the mansion, so it would give no electrical signals of any sort that Moira would pick up on, but the fact that she was at his gate still unnerved him. He tried to think fast of what he'd do if they realized who she was. I can't call Joe in time to delete her image from my father's image database, and I can't become Com in time either. If she tried anything, they'd shoot her dead--thanks to father's orders. Asashi did not have to fret long, though, for the guards were too concerned with the Irish woman's wounds to look up her identity... for the moment.

((If you don't mind me RPing the NPC guards...))

The guards seemed to believe Moira and felt bad for her. The leader of the gateguards stepped forwards, smiling kindly. "Please, come in. We will have to check you for weapons once you come in, but we can't leave you on the street injured as you are. We need to get you immediately to the house-nurse. Once she deals with your wound, we will have you call your family and we'll send you to a real hospital." The guards still seemed baffled that Moira had wandered to the mansion, and they intended to check her identity after the nurse dealt with the bullet wound, but assuming she was human they felt compelled to allow her to get some medical treatment.

A guard pulled out his walkie-talkie. "This is gateguard B3, requesting Nurse Thompson prepare her supplies for a bullet wound, non-critical. Thank you." He put the walkie talkie back and turned to Moira. "We'll escort you in, miss..." he suddenly realized he didn't have her name. "May I ask your name?" He asked politely.

Riley ↔ Tempest

"Of course," Riley said in reply to his question before kissing and hugging him back just as sweetly and tenderly as he did her. She knew how much he loved her and loved him back the same way. She also knew that he wouldn't let her forget about how he felt about her and she was the same way. She then watched him go after listening to all that he said to the new people before going over to one of the bunks and climbing to the top one. She would stay where she was until something happened in order to threaten the newer people and then she would do what she could to protect them.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Moira

Moira was laughing inside. She knew the cameras were there and if they weren't in traditional black and white, Asashi would have noticed that her hair was dark brown instead of red and her eyes were blue. It was easy to keep two parts of her body changed instead of everything. "My name is Aoibheann O'Hara ... and I don't have anything to identify myself with other than my passport...but someone took it with my purse." she said making it look like she was about to cry. She wasn't being malicious or anything, she just wanted to be clean ... and smell better.

"Thank you for helping me." She was still teary eyed when he mentioned her family which is when she allowed a few tears to slip from her eyes. "My family isn't here sir." Her voice was low and sad. It was easy to play on the emotions of others but it also helped that she had done this before to be able to eat. She hated wheedling things out of people, but she had to survive since no mutant was allowed to get a job; she couldn't hold her eyes and hair like this all day.