SkySong278

X-Men: The End

>Will<

Will kept running down the street, his breath coming out in gasps. He almost ran into the large man with dyed white hair, and he panicked, throwing up his arms in self-defense. Instead the man showed him his hands; they were covered in some kind of metal. This man was a mutant as well. "This way!" The man yelled, and Will started to follow the man. A fellow mutant could always be trusted in these kinds of situations.

"I'll cover you," a girl called out to them from behind. Will quickly turned his head to see a girl with black hair and a purple t-shirt with butterflies on it run out of the allyway. "That way!!!" she screamed, pointing to the next ally. "They went that way, don't let them escape!" She was screaming so loudly and dramatically, Will flinched. Was she another mutant? But there was no time to think about anything, he had to escape with the strange, white-haired man with metal on his hands.

Moira

Moira nodded and stripped off the hoodie after Com had walked away. Underneath she wore a black camisole that was now sticky with blood. "Finally...something I can relate to." she muttered and stretched her unnocupied right hand over the grass beside her. She closed her eyes and sent out tendrils all around her through the plants around her to get a feeling for where they were. However, when she met resistance near a building, she opened her bright green eyes and oriented herself quickly. "Mads, go check out the building in that direction...quickly now." she said gently. He was there, took many photographs of the place then ran back to her. "Based on data:Nethofelshi Mansion." The lizard said quietly then hid himself underneath her hair. Who is this guy? Why did he take us here? Does he plan to stitch me up and then turn me in to the man that fervently hated all and any mutants? Her mind reeled with the implications then found something else odd. There were a few trees in the distance that didn't have life. The only way she could tell that they were trees, was because of the irregular shape of the base and total lack of grass where that base was.

Moira sighed and withdrew her hand from the grass and smiled as the grass grew slightly around her and a few flowers popped up as well. Her hand was pressed firmly on her wound, but the blood was still coming through. "Re-assess. Arteries hit?" The small lizard looked at the wound clearly and a small clicking sound came from it. "Brachial Artery: Branch nicked." Moira grimaced and moved all of her hair away from her right shoulder and sweeped her bangs over to the left as well. "Bloody....stupid..." a little chirp sound came from the lizard. "Not you." She said affectionately then had to think of what she could do, but it was getting hard to think.

Nicandro-Blade

Nic looked back at the girl and once she was done screaming, he motioned for her to come as well. It looked like she might need a home as well. "Thanks!" He said to her with a cheeky smile then ran down an alley making sure to leave enough time for the girl to follow then looked around a corner as a metal man-hole cover lifted into the air in front of them. "Down there and take your first right." he said and waited for them to go in while he was looking out for them above ground.

Lily

Lily had watched everything quietly from the sidelines, but things were getting out of hand. With a deep breath she took out a wireless microphone headset that she kept on her for emergensies. This definitley qualified as an energency. Taking another deep breath she switched the microphone on and attatched a cord to a small (but powerful) speaker. She hated to do this but... If she didn't mutants like herself would be hurt.

"Lullaby,

Lullaby,

Rest your head,

In your bed,

Go to sleep,

Don't make a peep,

See you in the morning."

Her voice was broadcasted very far, at least two streets in either direction. Lily wasn't Lily... She was Siren. An old friend had given her the nickname a few years ago before he was accidentally killed. The song was a lullaby and had the desired effect, everywhere around her, humans were falling asleep, luckily it took a minute to kick in, so they'd all stopped their cars. She repeated the song hoping to draw the attention of the mutants, and repeated it again. It would take about ten minutes for the humans to completley wake up after she stopped singing, so she wanted all the mutants here.

Her voice, while it did not affect mutants was a powerful thing, and it was drawing. Had an alluring quality. Which of course is why her friend called her Siren. She still missed him terribly, but figured that by helping these mutants it might, atone for her wrongs in the past. She had to keep her speaker stationed, so she couldn't move anywhere. It was up to them to find her.

Michael heard voices. They were located near a manhole. The extra split merged with him, giving him a small bit of its energy. The young man approached with his splits, guns hidden in their jackets as always. Wayne cleared his throat and stepped forward to speak, but Michael stopped him. "Hello, I'm a mutant, obviously. Do you know of any place that I can go to? I need somewhere to stay, just for a night. Please." Wayne stayed back away from the people. They seemed on edge. No doubt the whole siren and police and guns and explosions... They had more than enough reason to be on edge. He found himself on edge too. His body split again. Cursing, he left the split out. "Please..." He muttered as the split moved to the back of the ranks.

>Will<

Will didn't question the man's words, he dived for the safety of the sewers. He quickly climbed down the ladder rungs, staring into the darkness of the sewage tunnel. The man had said to take the first right... Keeping one hand on the wall for mutual support and comfort, Will trudged through the darkness, wincing as filthy water seeped through his shoes. He just kept walking though, virtually blind as the manhole light faded behind him. "Umm... hello? Is anyone here?" he asked, starting to feel afraid. Was this a trap? Had he been wrong to trust the man with white hair and red eyes, just because the man was a mutant? Will took a few deep breaths to steady his emotions. Easy, Will. Take it easy there. Don't get too overemotional, or you'll explode again.... Will took a few more steps forward, feeling better.

Nicandro - Blade

Nicandro glared at the man. He had recognized him from earlier. He could easily feel the metal from the weapons and snickered slightly. "These are mine though." he said as his metal bladed hand twitched retrieving all of the bullets. He watched as they disappeared into the man-hole and sent them to where the hideout was. "If you hurry up and get your a$$ in there, then yes...but you also have some explaining to do if you want to eat." He said angrily. His red eyes flashed as he looked at the other two, hoping they would hurry up and watched as another girl, a distance away, started to sing. "Thank God..." he said with a smile as her voice washed over all of them.

Mike

Michael was silent as the bullets were taken from him. Even if he split, the splits wouldn't have the bullets. So be it. He split again, but on purpose. He'd need back up. There were now 7 Georges. The only one who looked different was Wayne. Michael, the original, led the way down as the rest followed. His face screwed up and he resisted the insane urge to gag. The young man followed. Another split. He wouldn't be able to stop until the threat was over. There were now 8 George splits. "I have to explain myself for what? I don't understand. Why would I need to explain myself in order to eat?"

~Sophira~

Sophira was very surprised when the mutants behind her did duck out of sight of the passing cops, but didn't leave. She had completely expected them both to run away as fast as possible, leaving her to clean up the mess... not that she minded, of course. She had been planning to help clean things up anyway, and she rather hated that she had been forced to lie to the police.

Instead of leaving, the older mutant thanked her and motioned for her to follow. She began to go that way, but then paused. "I--I can't, I'm sorry!" She yelled after him. I can't, I have to help these people! I have to be a good example, so when the police do discover that I'm a mutant, maybe, just maybe they'll give me a chance...

Sophira gave the man one last sorry look and looked one last time at the boy, then raced out of the ally and onto the sidewalk. She almost bumped into another man who was heading into the ally, but since there were multiplies of him, she assumed he as well was probably a mutant. "Excuse me," she said quickly, rushing past. She had barely turned to go back to the explosion scene, chaos ensuing the entire are, when suddenly a song filled the air, and Sophira froze in place.

"Lullaby,

Lullaby..."

This was no ordinary singing, Sophira immediately knew. Though the singing was coming from speakers, she somehow was able to tell which direction the actual voice was coming from. She cars began to slow, and people began to calm down. Some were closing their eyes. Music that makes them sleep? Another mutant! Whoever it was, she was calming everyone and making the situation way less chaotic. Somehow Sophira felt compelled to go and see what kind of mutant was singing, and so she took off running in that direction, dodging tired people left and right. It didn't take her long to find the source of the singing.

The girl had long brown hair and beautiful eyes. She was tall and looked quite confident with her singing. She had a wireless headset on and was still singing. Sophira approached her, a look of half-panic in her eyes still. "You should stop, everything's calm," she said quickly. "If everyone falls asleep, no one can get the injured people to the hospital." Sophira tried to keep her voice calm as she guessed the mutant in front of her was only trying to help, but inside she was worried about the normal people who seemed to all be sleeping now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^Com^

Com had grabbed all the medical supplies he hoped he needed; bandage wraps, pain killer, a spray bottle filled with an antibiotic solution, a syringe, a water bottle, a clean cloth, and of course cream rub-on medicine. Now he began on his way back towards the injured mutant, hoping he hadn't scared her so much she had decided to run off or something. I guess if she has, it's her fault. Can't save everyone.

At those thoughts, Com stopped walking and blinked. No, that's how Asashi would think. If she's run off, I have to try to help her. But what was the chance of her running off anyway? Com could tell that she had been tired when he had left her, and it had only been a minute. He continued walking and shortly found her. Well, she definitely hadn't run away, but if not for her wound Com would barely have recognized her.

With her hoodie off, the Irish girl's thick red hair was revealed. It wasn't as strong a red as Asashi's hair, but the girl's face and eyes definitely said 'Irish'. Her skin wasn't as pale as Com would have expected, but then again the rush of the chase could have made her look darker. Now all she had for a shirt was a black camisole, and Com frowned at the amount of blood that had already seeped onto her clothing.

Com was carrying all of the supplies except for the water bottle in a bag, and know he set it down in front of her. He then proceeded to kneel down on both knees in front of her and shuffle through the bag. He paused a moment and set the water bottle down next to her. It was stainless steel, so no finger prints would be left on it. "It's water," he said simply as he took the cloth out of the bag and sprayed it with the antibiotic solution from the water sprayer. He then looked back at Moira. "This will clear it from germs," he said, indicating the cloth. "Once I initially spray it, we'll have to pour the rest of the water on it. Bullets are full of germs and bring many germs with them, so the sooner we get this cleaned the better. After it's clean, we'll put some cream on it and wrap it."

Com paused a moment, then handed Moira the spray bottle. "Try to hold your right arm still," he said, moving forwards to apply the cloth.

~If Moira doesn't have any problem with it, Com will begin to clean her wound

Moira

Moira watched as Com walked up to her and knelt down beside her while rummaging around the bag, as far as she could tell he was helping her, but to what extent would he help her. She chuckled slightly when Com was finished speaking and looked at the ground absentmindedly. "They're called bacteria...not germs." She said not expecting him to have known her extensive knowledge of the science world. She glanced at the bottle, recognizing the element immediately just from looking at it. "That's smart you know. Keepin' people from knowin' who ya are." She said nodding at the bottle as vines grew firmly around her arm holding it still. "No way I can move now."

She looked at him hard her green eyes analyzing what she couldn't see through and wondering if this man was really good, or if he was bad. "Before you do that," she said grabbing his wrist a slight tingle of electricity running through her fingers, "Are you going to turn me into the man that owns the mansion?" If she had been alone, her eyes would have been rimmed with tears of fear of being killed for something that she couldn't fix, but now they were hard and angry, and tired. "Why did you come to this forest anyways and where did you get those supplies?" she asked him in quick succession before she felt herself suddenly become too tired to really move. Her hand dropped from his wrist, but her eyes still did their best to penetrate the dark visor. "I expect answers."

Nicandro - Blade

Nicandro looked at the girl and watched her run away. He sent a small earthen message to her that popped up beside her and the girl just long enough for them to read it. Ever need a place to stay, rap on the man-hole cover 3 times. Once they had read it, and if they had, he retracted the message and then jumped in after the last split and shut the man-hole. "Try not to breathe too deeply for just a moment lads." He said then lead the way around the corner after snapping on a pen light. It took a few minutes to get to where it finally started to smell better and once they were there, the sewers opened up into a large complex. "Here we are, home sweet home." The bullets were aligned perfectly in rows on a table towards the back of the crude camp. The smell was far better than the rest of the sewers. There was a table that had a package of water on it and there were at least six beds there.

Lily

Lily watched a girl approach, obviously mutant because she wasn't affected by the song. "You should stop, everything's calm. If everyone falls asleep, no one can get the injured people to the hospital." The sweet melody of Lily's voice ceased as she listened to this girl. Lily could hear the sense of her words and as she stopped singing, the last note seemed to ring in the air for a few moments.

Removing her headset and putting the speakers away she she turned back to the girl, "You're right... We'll have about ten minutes before everyone is fully awake, I sang for long enough that they won't remember anything. The mutants are safe. We need to leave, their subconcious will know who was singing once they start waking up. I have to leave now before that happens, I'm Lil- Siren... I'm Siren." Even not singing, Lily's voice was sweet and smooth. An entracing quality that she couldn't help.

She thought about her introduction, she had started to say Lily, but knew that wasn't really who she was anymore. She truly was Siren. Had proved that by doing what she just did... Lily sighed discreetly, but figured that since these were mutants... That would be who she was. Becoming Siren had it's advantages after all, Siren had been created by Jay. It was just like acting, taking on a new role. No more shy quiet Lily... No Siren was loud and confident. And she was Siren now. There was no going back.

All of this took place in her head and only for a few seconds. With a smile Siren extended her hand in a motion of friendship. While catalouging everything going on around her, people were waking and she needed to scram before they (or, their subconcious) realized who she really was.

A message popped up beside her and she scanned it quickly, Ever need a place to stay, tap the manhole cover three times. Lily smiled, just in time. Good thing too, because someone nearby was entirley awake and helping someone else up. Lily prayed she wouldn't be spotted... That could be bad.

Edited by Merryier12

>Will<

"Try not to breathe too deeply for just a moment lads." He said then lead the way around the corner after snapping on a pen light. It took a few minutes to get to where it finally started to smell better and once they were there, the sewers opened up into a large complex. Will looked around, amazed. With the white-haired man were some people, most of them identical copies of each other. Will stared for a moment, and then followed the man onwards. At least it didn't smell as bad here. "Here we are, home sweet home." There was a table that had a package of water on it and there were at least six beds there. Will then wondered who the white-haired man was. This place was like a small refuge, but for who?

"Umm... mister. Thanks for helping me back there." Will said to the man, walking up to him.

Moira

Moira sat in the park glancing around at the birds and then watching the people as they passed by underneath her fiery hair.  Others would look back at her and make her uncomfortable until she realized that they weren't really looking at her, they were looking at the lights that flickered abover her head and the plants that seemed to flourish around her.  "The one time I let my guard down." she muttered to a small lizard that looked real, but was actually a small robotic lizard covered in a cloth that made him look lifelike.  "I told you not to." The lizard replied as Moira stood up quickly then walked off into the city.  Her eyes darted from side to side as she watched the radio, cell phone, and computer signals that were flying across the city and found herself intrigued by the sudden plethora of police radio signals.  "What do we have here?" she asked herself as she headed in their general direction.  When she was close she bumped into a dark haird and dark eyed man that looked to be roughly her age, but in far better condition than she ever hoped to be. "Sorry."  Came her muffled reply in her thick Irish Accent.

At the same time, several cars whizzed by her and cam to a screeching stop.  "Stop that man!"  cried an officer as he looked to Moira to do so.  However, when he did, he noticed her identifying features.  Medium colored skin, green eyes, red hair.  "Ma'am please remove your hood."  He said firmly as he motioned for his comrade to chase after the man.   As the first officer reached to take off her hood, she grabbed his hand and sent a shock through his body.  RUN!  Her mind screamed to her.  She turned around as a shot was fired into her shoulder and used it as impetus to keep moving.  She wasn't a slow runner, but she wasn't fast either and the officer was slowly gaining on her.  "God...." she said aloud.

Nicandro - Blade

Nic looked around him at the sewers where they had been deciding to meet for the last few weeks.  It irritated him that they had to continue meeting here, but was glad that they found a place where only the water from washing machines and dishwashers came through.  It helped the smell and luckily they were able to find a place that was dry enough to set up a few chairs and bunks that were set on boxes.  He sharpened the blades on his mechanical hands and looked around for Riley. "Riley love?" he called out to her wondering where she was.

((sorry for taking so long to respond user posted image; i was helping my brother move into GA Tech but I'm back now happy.gif))

Riley ↔ Tempest

"I'm up here," Riley said in reply from on top one of the bunks nearby. She was dressed in all black today like she usually was with her hair pulled back into a ponytail and also wearing a short skirt as well but not too short where you could see what was underneath it. She wondered why they had to meet here of all places but didn't complain. Much. With a small sigh, she jumped down off of the bunk, and walked towards her love. As she walked towards Nick she saw a boy walking towards him as well, hearing what he said and wondering who he was.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Nicandro - Blade

Nicandro smiled at the boy and patted him gently on his back then turned to Riley. "Hello dear." he said kindly then watched as the Split man followed him in as well. "Two people...well...nine to stay for tonight." He said then looked back at them and frowned at the older man. "Make sure and get yourself some water lads." he said then walked over to Riley and hugged her close as he swung her around gently then kissed her softly. "Sorry I left all of the sudden this morning." he said kindly to her before putting the bullets into a locked case.

Riley ↔ Tempest

"Hello," Riley said in reply with a small smile before hearing what he said. "Awesome," she said before he came over to her, hugged her close, and then swung her around gently before kissing her softly. She kissed him back before he pulled away and put some bullets in a locked case and said in reply to what he said, "It's fine." Since she was curious as to what the bullets were for she asked, "What are the bullets for?" She sat down on a nearby box as she waited for his reply.

Edited by Dragonpelt

*Com*

"They're called bacteria...not germs."

Com looked up in surprise. Of course they were called bacteria, he simply hadn't expected her to use 'big words'. He was as curious now about where she got her education from as he was about where she got her talking lizard from.

"That's smart you know. Keepin' people from knowin' who ya are."

Com didn't reply, for he thought he heard a note of distrust in her voice. I can't blame her, especially if she knows where we are... Com was surprised to suddenly find vines growing around the arm he was going to clean. So that's her power, or one of them at least. He watched curiously as the vines surrounded her arm in such a way as to hold it still.

"No way I can move now."

He nodded and reached forwards towards her arm to start cleaning the wound. He was quite surprised when she suddenly grabbed his left wrist, and he felt a slight shock go through it. He didn't resist, however. Electricity and plants? Very interesting. "Before you do that, are you going to turn me into the man that owns the mansion?" Com looked up at Moira with surprised, though she couldn't see the surprise on his face. That wasn't what he had expected her to ask, but he had been asked it before. He saw now how tired she was and he thought he saw a hint of fear, but the Irish woman had a strong look in her eye as well that defied that fear.

"Why did you come to this forest anyways and where did you get those supplies?" Com looked down at the supplies silently and then at his wrist as Moira's hand dropped to the ground. She has to let me clean this wound, because if she looses any more blood she could die. "I expect answers."

Com nodded. "And you'll get them," he replied. He began to work on her wound, being as rough as he felt necessary to get it clean, but he spoke as he did. "First of all, no, I'm not going to turn you in to anyone. If I had wanted to do that, I could have simply shot you when I saw you running away from the police." Com paused in his work on her shoulder (which was almost clear of blood) and pulled a handgun out of his a pocket on his black uniform. He tilted the gun and flipped a tab, and the ammo fell out. He dropped it at his side and continued cleaning her wound.

"Second, I came to this forest because it was the quickest safe place I could get to, an I've been here many times before. The owner of that mansion, Leo Nethofelshi, tends to be an overconfident man as you probably know: there's no way he would suspect a mutant hiding right at the edge of his property. I haven't been caught yet and I've searched the area: I've come to the conclusion that he has no guards or cameras out here in this forest. If he did, I'd surely be caught by now."

Having finished the base of cleaning the wound, Com picked up the entire bottle of antibiotic solution and began to open it. "As for the supplies, I happen to be a well-versed thief. The smoke helps with that. I steal from hospitals that won't treat mutants. I don't steal medicine that is in use, but if they happen to have some extra stuff laying around, I help myself." He looked up at her, trying to read her face. "It's logical, you know," he said, pouring the antibiotic solution over her wound. He watched as it ran down her arm, getting rid of the last bits of blood that were on her skin. Her clothes would have to be washed, of course. "They don't need the supplies and I might. You're not the first mutant I've helped and I've saved lives before with that supplies--human and mutant." Com glanced at her again, wondering if she was anti-human like some of the mutants he had met. Out of habit, he then looked up at the police monitor on his helmet. He noticed that the police activity had all stopped... literally. No one was moving. He froze for a moment, fear causing adrenaline to course through him. Did they all die?

Com reached back and switched on his police radio, set to public settings, and was very surprised to hear sweet singing coursing through it. It took him a moment to realize what was going on. He smiled in spite of himself. "Well well," he said quietly, "looks like she's back." He had only heard the sweet singing on one other occasion, and that had been a while ago. Com thought the mutant with the song voice had died, but apparently she hadn't. Shaking his head, Com turned back to the medical bag to get the bandage wrap. "Once I wrap this you can rest. You seem pretty in-tune with the plants here, so you should be safe. Of course I won't just leave you here." Com began to unwrap the bandages from their roll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Sophira~

Sophira relaxed a bit as the other mutant removed the headset. "You're right... We'll have about ten minutes before everyone is fully awake, I sang for long enough that they won't remember anything. The mutants are safe. We need to leave, their subconcious will know who was singing once they start waking up. I have to leave now before that happens, I'm Lil- Siren... I'm Siren."

Sophira nodded, smiling. She suddenly felt like this girl wasn't a threat at all, and probably meant to help everyone. "I'm Sophira," she said. She had noticed the girl's tongue slip but didn't say anything. I ought to get myself a secret name.

As Siren extended her hand, Sophira gladly took it. She was very happy to have met another mutant who didn't wish for the destruction of humans. It was a sign that there still was hope. A message suddenly popped up and Sophira almost jumped before quickly registering what it said.

Ever need a place to stay, tap the manhole cover three times.

Sophira smiled, but then noticed that some people were beginning to wake up. Remembering where the manhole was, she took Siren's hand more firmly and began to walk the opposite way of the people, quickly thinking of a new way to get to the manhole. "This way," she said quietly. "I think I met some friends who might help us." Sophira was truly excited; this would be the first time she had met a mutant who actually had a place to stay! She hoped he was a mutant with similar goals to herself.

>Will<

In reponse to his thanks, the white-haired man patted him gently on the back and went to go converse with a woman who had appeared out of the shadows. The two seemed to know each other quite well, from the looks of it. Sighing, Will walked over to the nearest bed and took off his shoes. He just felt like curling up into a ball and falling asleep, but he wasn't tired in the slightest. The screams of the people he had hurt with his powers kept echoing back in his ears, the images of the angry people flashing before his eyes. Will hugged himself, trying to block out all of the images. It wasn't my fault... I couldn't control my powers... Miserable, Will stared at the wall right next to his bed, trying to not fall to the despair that was building up inside him.

Mike

The sewer smell was lessened here. It was much nicer to be free of the smell. Two of the splits started fighting. Michael ignored them as they rolled on the ground, battling over some petty deal. Wayne stayed shoulder to shoulder with Michael as he walked forward, the other splits stayed back. Michael raised a hand in greeting. "Actually, just three. I'll recall the others as soon as possible. They don't need to be fed, but I'd like it if Wayne could be too." Michael was being unreasonable. The people here lived in the sewers. Why would they have food to spare? But, if he was going to answer questions, he'd get what he needed in return. The young man was 20 years of hardened will. He thought things through carefully and never did anything that would risk his neck too badly.

Michael cracked his knuckles and looked back at Wayne. The man was a spitting image of himself, excepting the beard. He had sharp features and his eye lids were rather puffy naturally. He was tall, muscular and very lean. Dark blue jeans, nice black shoes, and a black suit like jacket. Michael liked to dress nice. However, he hadn't showered in a while and probably smelled terrible. However, he always took the time to take care of his hair. Presentation as a mutant was important. At least, it was to Militia. His name was a very well known one and, to be honest, most of the police casualties caused by mutants was his own fault. Michael had no remorse for these. They were humans. Mutants were simply the evolved form of humans. Killing them was just helping natural selection continue it's long and grueling course. Michael looked at his hosts. "My name is Michael Stevens. Y'all can call me Mike. But, you may know me already by a different name. I'm also known as Militia."

Lily~Siren

"I'm Sophira," Lily smiled as she accepted her hand. Sophira seemed excited that she wasn't trying to kill anyone and Lily was happy the same could be said for Sophira. Or at least, Lily hoped the same could be said for Sophira. With that thought she almost asked what her powers were, but Sophira started speaking instead, "This way, I think I met some friends who might help us."

Lily nodded and said, "Lead the way..." She gestured forward, but with a glance at another waking person she added worriedly, "Quickly." Lily hummed a few lines slowly but loudly, confusing the people further. When she spoke again her voice was a bit more ragedy than usual, "I can't keep using my power, we have to leave, now."

Nicandro - Blade

"The bullets are from his pistols that are hidden in his jackets...uhm...well their jackets. He was out murdering cops again." he said as he looked at Michael. "I know who you are so you don't have to be proud of it. "The names Nic, but when I'm faced with an officer, I go by Blade. The beauty over there, is Riley, also known as Tempest." He looked in another container and brought out a large heating utensil and a pot. He put some meat and vegetables in it and started to cook them at a high heat. "Now, the thing that you are to explain is why the bloody h*ll you have been killing cops?" he said as he sat back with his feet on a "table". He held his hand up to stall Michael for just a moment and looked at the young boy. "Hey young blood....what's ya name?" he asked him wanting to keep him from slipping away. He was one who really needed help, and it would take time.

Moira

Moira winced and clenched her jaw as Com worked on her wound as quickly as he could to staunch the bleeding. She was glad that there wasn't a bullet to be taken care of, otherwise she would have just knocked herself out. When he told her that he wasn't going to turn her in to anyone, it was obvious that she was rather relieved. But most of her surprise came when he emptied his clip right in front of her and sat the pistol down. He was making himself vulnerable for as far as she could figure.

She listened as Com spoke about how he did things and where he had gotten the supplies but something just didn't feel right. Her mother had always called her a lie detector at times especially when she could see a persons eyes, but now she couldn't and it bothered her more than she liked. "Fine, I'll accept your story for now." she said and looked at him with a glint in her eyes that bordered on laughter. However, when his body stiffened the look of laughter became alarm. But when he seemed to relax, she relaxed as well.

"In tune? The bloody things grow when I touch them!" SHe said and watched as the grass around her finger tips perk up as she looked at them. At that point her little lizard friend peeked out from underneath her hair and crawled over to the bullet hole. "Thank you. I am AAUs. Automatic Assessment Unit. You are Com." It said then tilted its head to look at Com more carefully. "Assessment: Friend." There was a slight clicking sound then the pet ran off back underneath Moira's hair. "Intelligent little thing." She muttered affectionately and waited for Com to wrap her arm. She released the vines from her arm and looked at a tree in the distance.

>Will<

"The names Nic, but when I'm faced with an officer, I go by Blade. The beauty over there, is Riley, also known as Tempest." Nic said, and then looked in another container and brought out a large heating utensil and a pot. He put some meat and vegetables in it and started to cook them at a high heat. "Now, the thing that you are to explain is why the bloody h*ll you have been killing cops?" he said to the other 'men', which Will noticed were probably clones. Why would that guy kill cops? William closed his eyes again, trying not to picture the policeman in that tree. At least that policeman survived. "Hey young blood....what's ya name?" Nic asked, and Will raised his head in surprise. Was Nic talking about him?

"My name is William Roberts, but everyone just calls me Will." Will said, wrapping his arms around his knees. The roasting meat and vegetables smelled really delicious, and Will's stomach rumbled. He hadn't eaten since that morning, which had been a pastry bought from Starbucks at a cheap price. Supermarkets had video cameras, and Will didn't want to be seen for fear of being recognized. "May I have some of that once it's ready?" he asked, his stomach growling loudly again.

Riley ↔ Tempest

Riley nodded in reply to his explanation about the bullets before blushing a bit when she heard him call her a "beauty" and then said softly so that only he could hear her, "Quit flattering me. It's embarrassing me." She would never admit it but she liked it when he flattered her. She had heard everything that he had said to Mike before he had introduced her and then asked the younger boy what his name was. She then heard what Will said but didn't say anything since he was talking to Nick and didn't want to get into the conversation.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Mike

Why had he been killing people, indeed. As if it wasn't clear. Michael held his tongue, no doubt wanting to spit out a sly comment. Wayne threw his hands in the air in exasperation and left Michael to join the other splits. "Why have I been killing cops?! Seriously? Are you really asking me that?! You've seen what they've done to us! It's war, man! Steel yourself or die! There's no other way to go! Fight back or be squashed." Michael said, his heart entirely in the speech. He saw this as the only way to truly reason with people. "Politics don't work anymore. If you want results, you have to squash the rebellion! Look!" He split. He split more than he had in a while. Suddenly, there were 15 George splits in the room. He stepped back into the horde and all at once, they spoke. "Which one is the real one? How do you fight something you can't keep dead?" He recalled the splits, feeling the burst of energy better than ever. "I have a gift. I'm a one man army. I could destroy the humans on my own. It's... I... Mutants though. I have to find them so that I can make sure I don't hurt them too."

!COM!

"Fine, I'll accept your story for now."

When the tensity of not knowing if his father was alive left Com, he gave Moira a strange look she probably couldn't read. For now? Why does it matter anyway? Hmm... she's strange. I'm sure she could never guess I'm the son of the most mutant-hating man on earth and that I give speeches for him about how troublesome mutants are, but she definitely doesn't buy my story. This was a bit confusing for Com, as mutants he had met in the past usually either believed him completely or turned him down as a complete liar. A few had been like Moira, where they had decided he was lying but accepted it. Still, something about her set him on edge, and he decided not to tell her more than he had to.

He relaxed a bit more and managed a small chuckle as the plants grew longer around the mutant's finger tips. He was quite pleased when, right after that, the little robotic lizard made its appearance and spoke.

"Thank you. I am AAUs. Automatic Assessment Unit. You are Com." Com nodded once, impressed with its vocabulary and intelligence. "Assessment: Friend." Com smiled, wishing he had something of the sort. That reminded him to check his visor, and right as he did so he noticed the cop units were moving again. Good, everyone is okay. I knew that song girl wouldn't hurt them. I wonder where she is now? Her power could really be useful.

"Intelligent little thing."

Com looked to the girl and nodded. "Yes, even polite enough to introduce itself," he said casually. With the bandage prepared, Com took a final look at the bullet wound. The bleeding seemed to have stopped. I need a hideout. The random thought hit Com like a bullet and he realized how true it was. He couldn't hide in his father's forest forever, no matter how unlikely it was that anyone would go there. He needed somewhere more permanent, somewhere that his father didn't know about. Com pushed the thought to the side and applied a bit of the medicinal cream to the bandage wrap before placing it carefully over the wound and wrapping it. Honestly, Com was quite pleased with how the wound was doing. He remembered the first time he had attempted to heal the bullet wound of another mutant, back when he was sixteen. It had been a disaster, but luckily for him the mutant was immune to infection. And he's dead now, thanks to his stupidity of attempting to rob my father.

Com truly did feel bad for the now-deceased mutant, but he hadn't even been there when the mutant had tried to steal a couple of dollars that had been lying out in the front yard--no doubt bait for thieves and mutants alike. The mutant had been shot on sight, and those bullet wounds were unhealable. That had been back when Com had revealed his identity to mutants he met. He had stopped doing that when he realized that all the mutants he revealed his identity to were trying to use him to get his father's supplies and seemed to think that somehow they would be more successful at robbing his father than other mutants were. Com was quite glad he had stopped telling people, for it was only recently that his father had decided mutants were the scum of the universe.

"Well, that should do it," Com said thoughtfully as he tied off the end of the bandage. He wrapped up the leftover bandage wraps and put them back in the leather bag that held the medicinal supplies. He then leaned against a tree opposite the Irish girl and let out a small sigh. He had things to do, but a moment of relaxation couldn't hurt; life as Com was quite intense, and Asashi preferred to let his nerves calm once in a while. "So where'd you get AAU?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Sophira~

"Lead the way..."

And Sophira did. She quickly trotted through one ally, then another, and around a block. "Quickly. I can't keep using my power, we have to leave, now." Sophira nodded to Siren and continued at a fast walk. The other girl did sound tired, but Sophira was filled with energy. She was scared because of the explosions and gunfire, but she was excited because she finally had a real friend she thought she could trust. "Right here," Sophira said as they reached the manhole. She glanced around cautiously before quickly knocking three times on the door to the manhole. "I don't know these people very well, but they're all mutants and they seemed to be trying to help each other. I..." Sophira stopped suddenly and didn't continue her sentence but instead shrugged and waited patiently for the manhole to open.

>Roki<

"I have a gift. I'm a one man army. I could destroy the humans on my own. It's... I... Mutants though. I have to find them so that I can make sure I don't hurt them too." Michael said, and William snorted at the man. "You think you have a gift? You must have a will of steel, to be able to kill all those people and not realize the crime you've done." Will began bitterly, tears coming to his eyes as he thought of the people he had killed, the ones he had injured earlier. "I have the power to blow up a stadium of people, possibly a bigger radius depending on my emotions. You get it? Self-detonation is my power, and I can kill a ton of people. I'm just like my father, a ticking bomb who has no control over when and how big the explosion is." Will finished, tucking his head into his knees again. He felt like crying, but there, he had gotten it out. He was a mutant, and that was his power.

Mike

"Now, son," Wayne stepped in now. Wayne had gained more patience than Michael cared to exercise. Michael stopped him, however. He pushed Wayne away from the boy and looked at him carefully. "Hey, kid. Don't beat yourself up for the gift you've been given. Look at me. I end up making thousands of me if my emotions get too far out of hand. We've all got a bit of a drawback on our powers, but that don't mean that we shouldn't use them. Y'know? Don't you wanna live?" He asked, his voice soft, but not comforting. This boy was a ticking bomb. If he could only harness that power. "Life is a greater gift than your powers. It's something that you should always fight for. Why would you give it up when you have powers to defend it?"