Fortune86

The Power Inside

Haruhi put her satchel on the bed that was second farthest from the door. "Selphie, its almost time to go eat. I'm going to go to the dining hall and I'll save you a seat."

Imari was glad to see the water was at least clean. A good shower would have been nice then Gwen asked about if we should get going for lunch. “Sounds like a plan Gwen. Let’s just all wash up a bit before we go.’’ She replied with a grumbling stomach. Seriously she thought doe you always have to growl when you hear food. Imari walked back to the dorm towards her bed.

She looked in the small cabinet for a clothe to was her face off and something to clean it with. Making her way back to the bathroom she went to the nearest sink. Imari started to tap some water in and started washing her face and hands. When she was all done she packed her stuff away and went to wait outside in the hallway for everyone.

Haruhi walked out of the dorm room and waved at Imari before heading to the bathroom and washing her hands quickly.

She joined Imari in the hall.

"At least the bathroom is clean"

((Laurent can you try to make your posts just a little longer? They're usually under the post limit (4-5 sentences) and I really don't want a mod demoting the literacy level.))

Gwen washed her own hands while Imari got ready and then joined her out in the hallway. She walked a little way down but stopped when she heard voices. They sounded like they were coming from the entrance hall.

Wondering if it was a late arriver Gwen followed the corridor round to the main door and pulled it open. To her surprise there were two people standing there, a boy and a a girl.

"Hello" she said pulling the door wide enough to admit them. "Are you new as well?"

"Alright, thanks." Selphie retrieved her book, Art Through The Ages from the floor, having used it as a doorstopper previously, and placed it in her bag.

She went inside the bathroom, looking around. Okay, it was clean, at least. She washed her hands, and walked over to Haruhi and Imari. Gwen had opened the door to the entrance hall, and a boy and a girl were standing outside. Out of curiousity, Selphie joined Gwen. "Um, I'm Selphie, and welcome to the Summoner's School. She is...," She bit her lip, embarrased that she didn't know Gwen's name.

Kaylee watched as some of the girls walked out of the room, heading towards the lunch room. She walked over to the sink and washed her hands, glad that the water was clean. She turned and walked out of the bathroom door, spotting two girls that she had seen before greeting some newcomers. Kaylee smiled and strolled over to them, not wanting to be the first one in the Cafeteria. "Hey, Welcome to the Summoner's school, I'm Kaylee." she said, blowing some of her stray blonde hairs out of her face.

“Ariana,” The woman accepted the hand, and with a smile she added, “Pleasure to meet you.” Unlike her youngest daughter, Ariana McKinnon was quite good at hiding her curiosity. Though she wanted to know why the man was here, she didn’t ask. He would probably tell her later. “Could I get you anything to drink? Lisa said you’d come all the way from the monastery.” She looked over at her daughter, who was standing in the corner with her wolf. She had told Lisa numerous times not to summon Gaea inside, as the wolf always broke something. Why wouldn't she listen?

"Pleased to meet you too, Ariana." He smiled and answered her question: "I'll be fine, thank you." He sat himself back down on the chair he was in when Lisa's mother, Ariana entered. "You're probably wondering why I'm here, no? Well, it has to do with that wolf there your daughter is with. You see, I couldn't help but notice your daughter being a summoner. As a matter of fact, I am one myself too. And it seems like your daughter Lisa is very eager to learn how to control her powers. Perhaps you should consider sending her to the summoners school. In fact, if Jyeh is still the same, one of his men might be coming over soon to pick her up and send her there."

The wind carried those words to Merric, who had now entered the village, Hawke still flying next to his head. He had found what he was looking for, or rather who he was sent to look for...

Isaac sighed with relief. Now the shower floors were clean. Holding a bucket full of soapy water and some rags, he turned his eyes to the sinks. Suddenly, the door burst open, and Isaac jumped, spilling some of the soapy water onto the clean floor. He turned around to find another boy standing there, having just burst through the bathroom door. "Uh-guh-wha?" The boy fumbled around for words, apparently suprised to see Isaac there. Who had he been expected to be in the bathroom?. "Ha-have you been here the whole time?" the boy asked, and Isaac nodded silently. The other boy stretched his arm out to him. "I'm Wes, by the way." Isaac took the boy's hand and shook it. "My name is Isaac, and I was just cleaning the bathroom."

Haruhi waved at the boy and girl.

She turned to Selphie.

"Should we get going? Or wait for the others?" She asked.

She looked around. "Where are the others?"

Alone in the kitchen Ceil made the finishing touches to the meal, a lamb and potato salad. Since it was easier to make a large bowl and let everyone serve themselves he picked up a stack of clean dishes, piled a heap of knives and forks on top, and carried them across the corridor into the mess hall.

A couple of students were already inside, but he took no notice of them. Instead he walked straight past towards the middle table and set the dishes and cutlery down before returning to the kitchen.

Wes started to laugh at how ridiculous the situation was for him.

"I don't know how I didn't see you before..." he started. His eyes lowered down to the cleaning supplies. "Oh, you're cleaning all by yourself? I was meant to clean the toilets, if you haven't done them already." He felt bad, since Isaac had already cleaned most of the room. He had done it quite well, actually. But secretly, Wes kind of hoped that he had cleaned the toilets. Then he would not have to do anything. It was doubtful, though, so he grabbed a toilet scrubber and started to walk toward the first one.

((Daydreamer & Vang? Gwen already opened the door. Several people have said hello to you.))

Making her way down the hall Imari noticed the some of the boys haven’t come out yet. She wondered what would be the best way to get their attention so that don’t end up late for lunch.

Suddenly she remembered how she always called people on the island and with a smile she placed her two of her fingers on her lips. She whistled a loud high, pitch sound down the hall echoing as it traveled. “Are you guys coming for lunch?” she called out after her whistle.

Only after her loudness Imari noticed the late arrivals. She blushed a little before she spoke again. “We’re not allowed in the boy’s dorms and vice versa.” She said with a smile trying to explain why she was whistling in the first place.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

When Gwen heard the sound of doors opening and closing down the hallway behind her she guessed that Ceil was already getting started.

"I think we better get a move on" she said to Imari. "Otherwise ceil might shut us out."

Looking back at the newcomers she gave them a friendly smile.

"The boy'd dorms are that way" she said pointing down the hallway towards them. "And the girl's are that way" she added pointing in the other direction. "I really suggest you dump your stuff and get to the mess hall as quickly as you can if you want to eat."

With that she turned on her heel and walked over to Imari.

"Let's go. I'm starving."

((Really? Wow. I must be tired. its 2:30 in the morning...Deleted post))

"Yes, I am new. Name is Angelina and the fiend is Aiedail. Thank you for opening the door for us."

Angelina walked into the school with Aiedail close behind.

She wondered where she was supposed to go. Her bag was starting to get a bit more heavy, she was hungry and a bit worn out from the days events.

"Coming Kasem?" She asked the boy.

((Edited Fortune))

Edited by evangeline5432

((Gwen opened the door fourth post down on this page smile.gif

*waits for Spirit*))

Imari waited for Gwen to reach her before they continued to the mess hall. She nodded at Gwen’s statement that she was starving and Imari was just as hungry. She hopped that the food was good and enough. She can’t really remember when she last had a good meal.

Looking back at the others she spoke to Gwen. “I take it they are also new students?” asked Imari still looking back. “What is their names?” she asked before Gwen could answer the first question.

((I'm here tongue.gif))

Haruhi had already started walking to the mess hall.

"Everything is so crazy in this school."

She smiled to herself.

Haruhi entered the mess hall and looked at the few kids that were there.

"They didn't say" replied Gwen. "I think they must be pretty tired from the journey."

Her stomach growled as they turned the corner and Gwen blushed a deep pink.

"I think my body is telling me to walk faster" she joked.

Up ahead she saw Ceil walk out of the kitchen with a huge bowl in his arms. She couldn't see what was in it, but it smelled okay.

((Er... Sorry Fortune86. >.<''' I'll have to edit later today, I don't really have the time to right now.))

Hearing Gwen’s stomach growl made her laugh a bit. “Glad to see I’m not the only one with talkative stomach.” she said while smiling. As Imari spotted Ceil she wondered what was in the bowl. I smelled good and it seems to be enough for everyone, she hoped.

As she entered the mess hall Imari saw most of the people have arrived. Making her way to a table she smiled at everyone and half listened to their conversations. She also kept an eye on Ceil just in case.

Gwen followed Imari to a table and sat down next to her. In the centre of every table there were two jugs and several glasses. Inside one jug was a clear liquid that Gwen knew was water, but the other held a dark red substance that looked much thicker.

Reaching over for it she dragged the red jug towards her and sniffed. It smelled kinda fruity. Grabbing a glass she poured herself a small taster and tried it. It was very nice.

"Want some?" she asked Imari.

Ceil laid the bowl down next to the dishes and put his hands on his hips as he looked down at the table. He had forgotten something. Nodding to himself he left the Mess Hall again and entered the kitchen.

"I think by the looks of it we are supposed to dish out our own" said Gwen watching the teacher leave the room.

Edited by Fortune86

Diana watched as everyone trooped out to the dining room. People never really do notice me... Shrugging slightly, she followed them down, spotting them at the table. Something strange was on the table, and she wrinkled her nose. Hopefully not poison. Sitting down in a chair next to someone she didn't know, she poured herself a glass of water, taking a quick sip. Nice and refreshing...

((So; who did she sit next to? ^^))