AmberEmber

The Franklin Hayne Orphanage

((Aaaaaaand I make Ash sound like a psychiatric doctor... Wow I must be special. It is now 3:39 AM here in the east coast of the US. *yawn*))

"That wasn't why she did it. She's probably been suffering from depression for awhile now. And if it makes you feel better, want to know what my strongest argument was? One word. You. She was going to let herself die, Sy. I had to mention something of importance to her. It worked. Don't let it go to your head, but I think she likes you as much as you like her," she said, rolling her eyes as he smashed a fist on the floor. "Alright then, c'mon. You did say you wanted to see her, no?" Ash stated, standing up. She was rather exhausted. These two teenagers she was dealing with were both highly-emotional people. They seemed to always get themselves hurt. At least Sy didn't try to kill himself. Yet.

((Perhaps you should go to bed.))

Sy's heart skipped a beat at Ash's words. She...she didn't kill herself for...me? His world started spinning. And...she likes me? Even after I did what I did? I don't believe it... He looked over to Kyria again. But I guess there's only one way to find out. He took a deep, shuddering breath and reached his arm out for Ash. He was too overwelmed by what had happened to think straight, let alone walk straight. He stared at Kyria on last time before he tried to concentrate on what he would say. He could not say all his thought at once, he had to make them into words. He had to apologise, but it was hard. What if she hated him? What if she died, right then and there? What if...? What if...? So many thoughts tried to bring him down.

((I can't. That's the problem. And plus, I'm really not tired. Also part of the problem.))

"God. PLEASE try to control your emotions, Sy. It might help if you learned to walk by yourself too, as a fourteen-year-old girl is not always the most reliable thing to lean on," she said jokingly, her eyes showing her amusement. Here she was, a skinny, thin-boned girl holding up a 16-year-old guy? They must be quite the sight. She couldn't help but laugh. She opened the door to the experiment room with a grimace; she hated the bodies. They were everywhere. She swallowed. Ash hated dead things. Especially dead things she knew. But she needed to take Sy to Kyria. Ash had been everywhere at once today. It was almost nauseating for her. Back and forth. Again and again.

Kyria looked over towards where Ash had gone. Ah. Probably to get Sy. With a slight sigh, she looked down at her wrists. So, her attempt at suicide hadn't worked. No matter. If she had to, it would be easy enough to do herself. Looking back up, she noticed Sy looking at her. The blonde stared back, gaze unwavering. Was this a day for people staring back? Oh, well. It was a change at least. Her left hand reached up to her pale blonde hair, and she tugged on it absentmindedly. It was her most prized possession, apart from her ribbon.

((Was typed on phone. Sorry if short.))

((Its fine. Though I currently can't think of anything to post... laughing mercilessly at cake wrecks doesn't help either. rolleyes.gif ))

Sy smiled a little after he heard Ash. "You're right." he uttered as he got off her leaned on the wall. He looked her over and sighed. "Hey...sorry about all that's just happened...I-we-didn't mean to drag you into this." He did not wait for her response and he walked in the direction Kyria was in. To him, it was the scariest, most frightening walk he had ever had to do. His mind filled with worry and doubt, but his legs kept moving him forward. He kept his eyes on the ground until he was right up close to her, where he stared into her eyes. He still felt the chills. He took a deep breath.

"Kyria...I..." his knees felt like they would give way under him. "...I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I've done. I'm sorry for making you think that I would punch you. I'm sorry that I yelled at you." The words kept flowing out of him. He wanted to say so much more but he could not, his voice had refused to make any noise. "Just...just...promise me that you will never do anything like this again."

"You guys didn't drag me into this. I dragged myself into this and I'm glad I did. I could've just left Kyria to die like all the other orphans. I didn't. Trust me, this is much better than being alone all the time. I can handle this kind of thing. I really don't mind," she said, half-smiling as he then apologized to Kyria. Well that was finally all over and done with. Now Kyria just needed to apologize and promise not to kill herself and everything would be okay. Mostly. Ash doubted that Kyria could promise not to try and kill herself. Kyria might try again at some point, so even if she did promise, Ash would doubt she was telling the truth. But Sy needed to hear the words. He needed to. Ash had no doubt about that.

Kyria was ever so slightly surprised when he came over and apologised to her. Though, she deserved his apology. He hadn't exactly been very grateful when she'd helped him. Her blonde eyebrows delicately arched, her eyes bored into his bright blue ones. They... They were actually nice to look into. Such a bright shade... Ah. So he was requesting for her to not kill herself. The blonde knew she'd also have to apologise, but this would actually be the first time. Tipping her head slightly to the left, she murmured, 'I'm sorry for injecting you.' Her voice now dropped to a whisper. 'I... I won't try again.' Her pale eyes closed for a moment' and then opened again. 'I accept our apology.'

Sy smiled. Not only that, he laughed. And this was not his usual bitter, mocking laugh, or his weird, mood swing one, no this was one that was pure.

"Thankyou...and you shouldn't be sorry...I mean, I was the one who overreacted." He glanced at the gash on her wrist. "Are...you okay? I saw your sheets and there was a lot of blood on them." He then looked at his bloody fist. "And I should probably get this looked at, too." he laughed again in amusement. He was happy. Genuinely happy. No mood swings affecting him. He felt like nothing could bring him down now. "So where are the bandages...ah! There..." he muttered to himself. He gingerly plucked the shard of glass from his fist, each one making a clinking noise as they hit the ground. He then wrapped his hand in bandages, a red stain making its appearence. He then walked back over to Ash and ruffled her hair. "And thankyou for this, again, I appreciate it."

"Like I said, no problem," she laughed, shaking her head so her bangs fell away from her one good eye. It was nice to know that she wasn't a loner anymore.. but all the same, the way her ruffled her hair... it made her feel like a little kid. She was only two years younger than him, not that much of a difference. She would make sure he knew it too, at some point or another, but right now she just wanted her group to not be depressed, so she let it slide. Just this once. She grinned. At least nobody was killing themselves, right? "Hey, let's go over to the cafeteria or something. The blood and bodies in here are making me nauseous," she said, just a slight hint of gruffness to her voice that had not been there before.

Kyria nodded, then realising that her hair wasn't falling over half of her face. Crap! Every movement of her face was clear to see. Quickly shaking her head so that the light blonde hair fell over her eyes, she walked slowly over to Ash and Sy. He had laughed. Well, that had been a difference. Normally he had big, and bad, mood swings. Smirking just a little as Sy ruffled Ash's hair, the blonde glanced around the room. Some o that blood was her blood... Like the red substance on her sheets. Shrugging it off, Kyria looked toward them. 'I don't really mind it,' she murmured. She really didn't. 'But if it really bothers you, fine.' Glancing over at Sy's wrist, the teenager frowned. Would he be okay? Assuring herself mentally that he would be fine, she looked toward him pointedly. 'So. You want to go?'

Kit watched bother of them begin to pull chip along and she hurried back and forth moving Chip's legs as if he was walking so they stay under him. Just them Kyria and ASH hurried past them, leaving a trail of splattered blood. "Not more!" Kit groaned. "No more dying." Then Mouse hurried by with Boon. Kit shook her head. They were strong. One step at a time. She continued to move Chip's legs as he was slowly pulled along and soon, the room with all the beds came into veiw.

"It's working!" Kit cried. They'd be safe here for the next few moments of peace. Hopefully.

No one seemed to have noticed Mouse, but that wasn't really unusual. A lot of the time she could stand in a room full of people and no would know she was there. Maybe she could use that somehow. Mouse rubbed Boons head with her thumb absentmindedly, listening to the older kids.

She learned that Sy and Kyria had feelings for each other and while Mouse was too young to really understand what that meant she did understand that they had some kind of special bond and would do things for eachother which they might not have before.

Mouse reached up and grabbed a small handful of Ashs dress, just as a way to alert them to her presence.

((In 2 days I'll be in Ohio. I'll be in Ohio for three days, without internet. Sorry about the short-notice. ))

Ash's eyes widened as she felt something tugging at her dress. She was about to turn and pull away when she noticed a little girl. What was her name? Of course, Mouse. Why was the little thing tugging on her dress? What did it want?

"Well," she muttered. "Out with it. What do you want?" she said, her eyes still wide. This girl was grabbing her dress! Not that Ash cared if it got wrinkles, in fact she'd prefer to have the same shirt and pants as the boys did.

Edited by Packgoater

Skyla had been watching as Sy, Ash, and Kyria were talking, and when they left, she decided to head back towards the sleeping quarters. She wanted to take a nap before testing started again.

On her way to the room, she saw that Rocket, Kit, and Doll were trying to carry Chip into the sleeping quarters. "Do you need any help?" Skyla asked as she walked over to them.

Edited by angelkay

"yes yes yes!" Kit exclaimed. "We're moving Chip to his cot so he can lay down. His legs aren't working."

She showed Skyla how to move his legs. "Like that so they arn't dragging and hurting."

((Is too short. I need to go.))

"Okay." Skyla replied and did just as Kit showed her. She didn't want to hurt Chip, so she was trying to be as careful as possible.

She looked up at everyone who was helping. "Which cot are we bringing him to?" She asked them.

Edited by angelkay

Rocket lifted and took a couple steps forward. Chip was light. It might have had something to do with the fact that Doll was helping her though, so Rocket didn’t say anything. Chips weight was nothing compared to some of the issues this orphanage had.

The human crutches had almost reached the sleeping quarters when Skyla came and offered to help. Rocket wasn’t really sure that Skyla would be more of a help than a hindrance. Chip was light enough to be carried by Doll and Rocket alone, and a third person might get in the way. Kit had already started delegating what Skyla was going to do before Rocket had time to say anything, though, so Rocket let it slide.

“Which cot are we bringing him to?” Skyla asked. Her arms where busy balancing Chip, so Rocket used her head to point out the direction. “That one.” The group reached the bunk, and Rocket let out a small sigh of relief. The sleeping quarters were always a lot calmer than the chaotic experiment room, so they might actually be able to figure out a way to get out of this mess.

((I'm just popping by to say that as of next Monday (Possibly Sunday...) I will not be posting AT ALL for a week. I'm heading to a competition, and there's no way I'll be able to find a computer, let alone have time to write a post. I'll try to leave without owing you guys a post :]

I'll be back for a week after that! yaay! laugh.gif I'll post as much as I can that week rolleyes.gif But then I'm off again for another 4/5 weeks, where I might be able to post, but it won't be frequently. I'll poke my head in when I have a chance, but I don't think it will be too often, sadly sad.gif ))

Edited by coralkiki

((Good Luck Coral!))

Kit happily moved Chip on to his bunk. "We did it!" She danced around. Then stopped as she noticed a dark pool of something on a bed.

"What is that?" She grimaced. "It's not, THAT, is it?"

SLowly walking up to the pool of something, she peeered into it. It was a deep crimson red. Blood. There was a pool of blood on someone's bed.

"Eek!" Someone had been murdered? "What happened?"

Skyla heard Kit scream, and ran over to where she was standing.

"What happ-" Skyla started to say, but then looked in the direction Kit was staring. A big puddle of blood lay on the bed. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh." Skyla said, frightened. Had someone been murdered? Stabbed? She looked back at every body behind her. "Look at this!" she said frantically.

((hey, sorry guys I am still alive, just really busy/tired, I'll try and get something up tonight, if not tomorrow. Sorry))

Rocket out Chip down on his bunk and sat down beside him. Task one; find a way to fix him. Task two... Rockets thoughts were interrupted by Kit’s “Eek!” She stood up and walked over to her, along with Skyla. What had happened? “Oh my gosh,” Skyla said frightened. Oh my gosh was right. There was a big pool of blood on the bed. Rocket turned towards Chip with an ‘I’m really sorry, but someone’s in trouble’ look, before she sprinted out of the room. “I’ll be right back!” She called over her shoulder.

That had been Kyria’s bunk. Kyria and Ash had run passed them just minutes earlier. Please say they’re okay... God, if anyone of them had killed themselves, she would wake them up from the dead, just to kill them again. Enough people here died without suicide attempts! Rocket ran into the experiment room again, and saw mouse tugging at Ash’s dress. She ignored them, they were fine, so she had people it was more urgent to check on.

Kyria had just stood up, and Rocket engulfed her in a hug, completely forgetting that she was one of those who disliked human contact. Rocket let go of her quickly though, and looked down at Kyria’s newly stitched wrist. “Are you bloody insane!?” She looked back up at Kyria’s face and yelled. “You could have died! We don’t need anyone else dying here!” Rocket lowered her voice, and looked at Kyria with clear traces of anger, worry and guilt on her face.

((Thanks Joy biggrin.gif))

Kyria frowned as she heard someone come through the door. Oh. It was Rocket. Turning away from the girl, she opened her mouth to speak to the others once more. 'So, what~' Suddenly, someone put their arms around her. N-no... This was all wrong! Letting out a bloodcurdling scream, the insensitive teenager pushed tthem off, dimly noticing it was Rocket. Kyria pursed her lips as the girl spoke to her. 'Well It was my choice. Ash here talked me out of it, though.' Her pale gaze locked onto the other girl's. Well. She cared about her, did she? Kyria never really had understood these feelings. But Sy... He was something different.

((All typed up on my Kindle.))

Edited by Chicogal

When Rocket ran out of the room, Skyla darted after her to find out what had happened. When she reached the doorway, She saw Rocket engulf Kyria in a hug, which Kyria reacted to with a terrifying scream and pushed her off. Skyla walked over to them and saw that Kyria had stitches in her wrist. Not good.

"What happened?" she asked, not noticing that there were others here besides her, Rocket, and Kyria.

(( I have a Kindle too, but I never knew you could go on the internet! O.o ))

Edited by angelkay

((I want a kindle! Wait, Coral, what'd you thank me for?))

Kit patted Chip. "I'll be back." Then she ran out of the room, pretending to hold a microphone. "The mystery deepens."

She followed Skyla and Rocket into the experiment room. "Right now we are following our trustworthy prime detectives and their search for answers. What has happened to Kyria... Kyria..." Kit frowned. She didn't know Kyria's last name! They ALWAYS announced the last name. "We're in pursuit of answers to the mysterious pool of blood in Kyria's bunk." Rocket had found them and she threw her arms around Kyria. "And there is a happy reunion...." Kyria screamed and pushed Rocket away. "Not incredibly welcoming but that's understandable. She is uncomfortable with touching other beings. What's that?" Kit peered at Kyria's wrist. "Kyria's gotten stitches! Something must have happened but I don't think it would be appropriate to feature this. This concludes this day's episode of...of....of.." Kit thought hard. "This episode of Orphanage...Capers. Stay tuned."

She stashed her "microphone" in her "purse." "Kyria, what happened? Are you okay? They didn't force you did they?" Kit gestured at the doctor with the needle.