AmberEmber

The Franklin Hayne Orphanage

((She thanked you for wishing her luck. xd.png Oh yeah, Good Luck, Coral!))

Skyla looked back at Kit as she narrated the whole situation. She laughed uneasily, not sure if this was the time for joking around, and then turned her attention back to Kyria, giving a quick mean glare to the doctor with the needle.

"Yeah, Are you okay?" She asked her.

Edited by angelkay

Mouse looked up at Ash and blinked once, letting go of her dress. This no talking thing of hers was awfully cowardly, she'd have to work on that. For now however, she'd just have to make do with being around them until she could be of some help.

The room was suddenly filled with loud people again, all exclaiming over Kyria. Mouse rolled her eyes. Just leave her alone, she thought. What Kyria did was her own business and she shouldn't have to explain it to anyone... not that she would. Mouse looked up at Ash again, then glanced pointedly at Kyria and nodded towards the canteen.

Kyria sighed as another came up to them, asking what had happened. 'It's none of your business,' she murmured, in a low voice. Nodding, she turned to Sy. 'I'd rather us go somewhere else, now. Many are going to ask about~' She gestured to the wound. '~This.' Turning her pale gaze to the younger children, she sighed. They would gossip if she sent them away with that. 'I... cut myself on a piece of glass. Nothing to worry about. Now, hurry along.' The pale blonde teen made shooing motions with her hands to the small crowd that had gathered. Spotting Mouse, her light eyebrows furrowed over her pale green eyes. The small girl hadn't said anything at all... Oh, of course. She was the one who didn't speak. The little girl intrigued her - Mouse was like the happier version of her younger self. Kyria had been depressed and quiet at that age. 'Hello, Mouse.'

Edited by Chicogal

Mouse blinked in surprise, Kyria had never said a word directly to her, accept the occasional "get out of my way," but Mouse doubted that the girl had even registered her then. She nodded slightly to the older, scarier girl. She ducked her head again and rubbed Boons head with a thumb again like a good luck charm. Quite uncharacteristically she looked up again, glanced at the crowd and rolled her eyes.

Kyria actually smiled a little when Mouse nodded to her. The girl seemed to be intimidated by her... Which was exactly the point of her appearance. Scarier was better when it came to living here. Nodding as Mouse rolled her eyes, the blonde absentmindedly patted the younger child's head, feeling pleased by her presence. She'd never really acknowledged the girl, but it was nice to know that she understood how Kyria was feeling at the moment. 'Mouse, isn't Boon's head hurting from you rubbing him like that?'

Edited by Chicogal

Mouse shrank a little as Kyria patted her. It was not a normal thing for anyone to do to her, let alone Kyria. But the older girl seemed to be pleased with her so mouse relaxed. She shook her head at her comment, but stopped rubbing Boons head anyway.

She glanced at the big clock on the wall of the experiment room, they didn't have long until testing started again, she could already hear movement from the Staff's Quarters on the other side of two walls and the adults had almost finished straightening out the experiment room, which meant most of the blood had been cleaned and the bodies removed.

Mouse was glad the effects of the vaccine had mostly worn off for her, and they didn't usually test two really bad things in one day but that didn't mean that they wouldn't. She wanted to be out of this room until they made them go back in. Still clutching Boon, Mouse looked up at Kyria and nodded towards the door and the cafeteria.

Edited by Chiaki

Skyla looked over at the clock. It was almost time for testing to resume, and who knows what they would be testing next.

Skyla turned around and walked through the door, heading towards the 'bedroom'. Her mind was spiraling with ideas of what the next experiment could be. She didn't even want to think about it, but she couldn't stop herself. After the side-effects of earlier's 'vaccine', she really didn't want to know what the next thing would do to her. Maybe she would grow an extra arm? Turn into a frog? She could even turn out to be like one of the lifeless bodies in the experimentation room earlier.

The thought sent chills up Skyla's spine. This place was terrible, but she didn't think that death was any better. At least a head-ache or stomach ache could possible go away, but death is permanent.

Sy could barely get a word out as many people burst through the doors at once. First Rocket, scaring the hell out of Kyria, which he almost laughed at, then Skyla, then younger once until the room was a sea of people again.

"I'd rather us go somewhere else, now. Many are going to ask about--This." Sy turned his head in the direction of Kyria.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah.." he said, absent mindedly. He rose his voice above the crowd's. "Ey! Everyone out! It was just a little...accident...his voice trailed off for a second. He cursed at himself for making his lie unbelievable. "So just leave her alone, kay?" with that, he looked at Kyria jerked his head in the direction of the cafeteria. He turned around and did the same to Ash. He wanted to get those two alone so he could talk about something. It was far too risky to talk about it openly, and Sy still felt a little uncomfortable about telling Ash and Kyria, but he felt like they could keep a secret. He just had to make sure no one else heard, or else he oculd be in some deep trouble.

((Cliffhanger. Aww yeah. XP))

“It may be your choice but it affects all of us.” Rocket said her voice at its normal level, perhaps slightly lower. “If Ash hadn’t talked you out of it...” The blonde girl shivered. She didn’t want anyone to die. Kyria could be silent and mean (Maybe mean wasn’t the best word...) and ignore people as much as she pleased, but Rocket still didn’t want anything to happen to her. Rocket made a mental note to thank Ash, and apologize for yelling. God, couldn’t she do anything right today? Hiding away from needles, yelling at those trying to help and clearly going closer to Kyria than the girl liked. She was a complete mess.

Rocket shot a glance down at Kit. She’d followed her? And Skyla as well? Rocket had been too worried to notice. She did notice however, that Kit was pretending to be some news anchor. Orphanage... Capers? Where’d that come from? Rocket mentally shook her head at herself. It didn’t matter anyway. She had other stuff to do. “She’s fine girls,” Rocket said, just as Sy started yelling at them to get out. Her voice had a cool tone to it, as she knew way to well that it hadn’t been an accident. She turned around however, knowing that the people here weren’t her biggest fans, and really wanted her and her tagalongs to get lost.

On her way out, Rocket stopped by Ash “I wanted to apologize. For yelling at you earlier. You weren’t really doing anything wrong...” She said, rubbing the back of her neck. She was nervous. She always got nervous when apologizing for some reason. “And thank you.” Rocket didn’t say what she was thanking Ash for, but hoped the girl understood.

((Rocket's becoming so insecure.... oh well. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the good luck wish Angel biggrin.gif ))

((....I hates yoo. So mucheth.))

Kyria nodded back, a finger absentmindedly running up and down the bandaged wound. How would it feel to open it again? Sore? Blood would probably spurt out, staining the room... Shrugging off the thoughts, the blonde transferred her piercing gaze from Sy to the cafeteria. He wanted to tell them something? How interesting. Secrets and hidden subjects had always intrigued the teen. Due to her not speaking too much to people she didn't really know, she didn't get to hear many. Though, she had a few of her own. Like that blue ribbon...

With a gently tug at the hair hanging over her face, Kyria stepped past the other orphans, and strode into the cafeteria. Ah, there was an empty table. Turning her pale eyes to anyone who looked at her, she walked to the table, soon sitting down. It wasn't very busy at this time, as most had been milling around herself. Not really caring that she was alone at the table for the time being, she ran her fingers through the hair over one half of her face. If they were testing shampoo... Like she'd said earlier, they didn't know what was coming at them.

((....I hates yoo. So mucheth.))

((Oh, no. What did I do? unsure.gif ))

((Oh good... I was scared sad.gif Feel free to hate earwig, as long as you still like me rolleyes.gif ))

((Oh, yeah, no, it's fine to hate me, just don't hate coral. You people are poop

Ooh, ooh, have Skyle eaves drop!! Doo eet!!))

Sy nodded to himself as he heard Kyria go through the doors to the cafeteria. Good. He groaned a little as he noticed Ash and...the name escaped him for a second. Rocket? Were talking to each other. Yeah yeah, wrap it up, come on. He walked up to them, staring at Rocket.

"Yeah thanks, but Ash needs to come with me so go away now." he said quickly, snatching Ash by her collar and pulling her with him to the cafeteria. "Sorry, but I need to talk to you. And you." he looked up at Kyria. He felt his heart beat faster as a nervous feeling came to him. What he had to say was a complete breach of security for him, but he felt like these two could keep a secret. At least, he hoped.

Edited by earwig

Kyria glanced up as Sy hauled Ash into the cafeteria. Was she finding this... Humorous? Oh, she was. The slightest hint of an amused smile played along her lips. As Sy approached her and started to speak, she looked up at his face, one finger absentmindedly twirling around in her hair. "So. What is this big secret that we all need to know about?" It really was quite interesting to hear of other people's fears and the like. The blonde hadn't heard many from others, but since she was like a ghost, it was quite easy to eavesdrop on other people. They should really learn when a place is secure, and when someone is listening in - like herself.

Skyla saw Kyria walk past her and down towards the cafeteria. Not long after that, she saw Sy dragging Ash by her collar into the cafeteria. "What the...?" Skyla thought as she slowly creeped behind them, stopping at the cafeteria doors and hiding beside them. She knew it was wrong to eaves-drop, but she couldn't help herself, she was interested in what they were going to say.

"Sorry, but I need to talk to you. And you." Sy said, and Skyla quickly looked in to see that he was refering to Ash and Kyria. He also seemed nervous.

Skyla then went back to hiding right beside the door, happy that no one had seen her. "This should be good." she thought to herself.

((Oh, You're welcome, Coral. tongue.gif ))

Edited by angelkay

((We need an OOC thread O.o))

Sy let go of Ash's collar. He looked up as Kyria talked to him, her fingers playing with her hair. Sy took a deep breath to calm himself, but it barely worked.

"Ok..." he looked around the room. Only they were in there, no staff, no other orphans. His eyes flashed past the door to the experiment room, and for a second he thought he saw something, but he dismissed it. "...Promise me that you will not tell anyone this..." his eyes shifted around the room again. His voice dropped to a whisper. "So I've noticed that you don't like it here." his words were more directed at Kyria, but he glanced at Ash, too. "Well...neither do I. So...I've been working on something..." he stopped looking at Kyria and now turned around and looked out the window. "We all want to get out, yes? We all want our freedom and to not be stuck in here until we die, which is only a year away for me." he chuckled. He was right in front of the window now, his fiery eyes scanning the open space. Before he got lost in his own world, he turned back to the two girls.

"So we are going to get out of here. All of us. I've been working on plans, I've kept them under my matress so no one found out. They're almost done, I just..." he stopped for a second. "...just have to finish something. Then, one night, all three of us will get out. It's risky...but I think we can do it. I mean, it's better than trying to stay here, right?" he was back at the table now, his eyes flickering between both of them. "The reason I got you both in here is because i trust you two. I trust that you won't tell anyone, at all. Because if this gets out...then..." he paused, his eyes turning to the ground. "...then...something bad will happen to us. I mean...do you remember how I got my scar." he said grimly, gesturing to the dark marking underneath his eye. He would never forget that day, the day he was broken down. He swallowed. "So that's it." he extended his arm out for a handshake. "Do you want to come with me?"

Kyria listened carefully. So, it wasn't what she'd expected him to talk about. But plans? Perhaps they really did have a chance at getting out. At the mention of his scar, she frowned slightly. It didn't look like much, but below the eye could be a painful area to hurt. Hand coming away from her hair, the blonde put a hand on hr hip - she was reliving the day when she'd gotten scarred herself. They'd come at her with hair dye and other products like shampoo. Being protective as she was over hher blonde locks, she'd struggled, not realising a table with sharp instruments had been behind her. The chair tipped back, and a knife sliced diagonally across herr back.... "I'll come." The teen reached across, and firmly shook his hand. "I can't afford to wait any longer. If they come at me with dye again..." She glanced away. "Perhas one day 'll show you what happened."

Edited by Chicogal

Skyla's eyes widened. "They are all going to escape... without any of us?!" She thought angrily, wanting to turn into the cafeteria and start yelling at them. Skyla didn't even care if she was the only one left here, but everyone else needed to leave this terrible place.

She sighed quietly and continued to wait by the cafeteria door, waiting for Ash's reply.

((Yeah, we do need an OOC thread. blink.gifxd.png ))

Edited by angelkay

((omg sorry guys my parents sprang one on me. i went to go visit my grandma who lives in the country and doesn't have a working computer. so what's going on???))

((Sorry I was 2 days late from coming back from Ohio. My car broke down (My goats were none too happy about it) in Ohio for two days while we waited to get it fixed. Sorry.))

Ash was about to reply to Rocket as Sy grabbed her collar and dragged her out of the room. She wasn't a six-year-old, she could walk for herself! This whole thing with Sy was starting to irritate her. But he was her friend, so she would be loyal to him. She would just have to show her worth in some other way. She would show him how unlike a little kid she was when they escaped. She would prove they needed her.

"Did you need to ask? Of course I'm with you. I want to get out of here just as much as all of you. There's no way I'd tell anybody. You guys are the only ones I trust, I'm not going to tell anyone. Who would listen to me anyway?" she said, rolling her eyes. "I'm not going to let them test on me again. I don't want to lose the vision in my other eye too."

Edited by Packgoater

"Good, good." He smiled, shaking Kyria's hand and then turning to Ash. "Remember, we won't be able to get out of here right away. As I said, I still need to finish something. But soon. The only thing is that-" he glanced out of the window again. "That this is going to be very risky. Remember a couple years ago-you might have been too young, Ash-but I tried to get out. They-the staff-tried to keep it a secret from the rest of you. I was so close..." he kept staring out, his eyes seeing freedom. "They caught me and brought me back here. And..." he looked back at Ash and Kyria. "They..." he could not meet either one's eye. "They almost killed me." He wanted to tell them exactly what happened, but that was a different secret for a different day. "So if we get caught..." he stopped. He realised that he was probably scaring them out of his their deal. "...Anyway...make sure no-one finds out about this. We were never here. We never said anything about escaping. There is nothing under my matress. And also, Kyria..." he bit his lip. It was a hard thing to ask her to do. "...try not to fight them off too much. We don't need any more attention."

Edited by earwig

Kyria pursed her lips thoughtfuly as he described it. "I kind of remember it. You looked dead, in a way." Her pale eyes stared into the distance. "I guess they're killing us anyway, though. Inside." She glanced away from whatever she'd been staring at. Memories, visions. The blonde narrowed her eyes as he asked her to not fight them off too much. "But the fighting is normal for me. I always fight. If I don't, will they not think that something is wrong?" Kyria combed a hand through her hair, again. "Besides. If there's anything to do with hair, I will fight back - I don't really care about the consequences..." She raised her eyebrows, slightly. There was no use in waiting to tell them what had happened. It was going to be siad sometime, anyway. "Even if it does include falling back onto a sharp knife, and slicing my back open," she stated, dryly.

"Okay, you seriously need to get this through your thick skull. I am not four. I am one year younger than Kyria. I am two years younger than you. That's not much of a difference, so if you and her remember, I probably do too. And plus, I think I've already proven to have a higher maturity level than both of you, so stop treating me like a little kid," Ash said coldly, her jaw clenching. Who did Sy think he was? Sure he was her friend, but friends don't treat each other like little kids. "And I know the risks. I know what could happen. I'm not afraid to die. In a sense, that still would be escape. You also realize if she stops doing what she's doing, It'll be noticeable? Out of routine? We'd be noticed for that, not what she's constantly doing. And I'm fine with not leaving immediately."