AmberEmber

The Franklin Hayne Orphanage

Skyla thought for a second about going in and screaming at them, but decided against it. They would probably be angry at her for eaves-dropping, so that wouldn't help her, she would probably end up getting yelled at by the three of them instead of her doing the yelling. She sighed quietly and darted for the bedroom, hoping that none of them had seen her run by the open Cafeteria door.

"What should I do now?" Skyla thought as she entered the bedroom and sat down on her cot.

Edited by angelkay

((What's been happening?... *is too lazy to read* I was hit with a major bout of writer's block, but I'll get back to posting Chip and Doll soon.))

((Sorry I wasn't on for a long time. I was at a camp. May I have a summary of whats been going on??))

Kit had gone to her cot when Kyria announced she was okay.

There was a new box of books and Kit grabbed one excitedly.

"Harry Potter" She read. "Is that some one?"

There were smaller words underneath it that read "And the Sorcerer's Stone."

Kit flipped the page and stumbled through the words. It was about these people with an awful, terrible baby that was demanding and mean and spoiled.

"I guess that's who the staff decended from. Mean spiteful," Kit glanced at the text again. "Dudley Vernon. More like Dudley Vermin "

Then there was a strange cat that seemed to watch them and strange people with capes. Kit patted her kitty plushy. "That's you."

The story was just starting when Kit glanced at the clock. "No! It's already testing time again." She tucked the book safely behind her pillow and reset her stuffed animal. She left and went to the room on doom.

((Ugh, I HATE writer's block.

What's going on:

Sy, Kyria and Ash are planning an escape and have just talked about it privately. Skyla has eavesdropped on them. Before that, Kyria almost killed herself and everyone else was like "OMG". I think that's about it...oh, and it's also time for testing again.))

Sy winced as Ash spoke bitter words. He felt an anger boil inside him, but he was able to repress it before anything came over him. Higher maturity level? As much as he hated it, it was true. Ash put up with him, while Sy couldn't even put up with himself. He sighed and looked away from her. Why couldn't he meet anyone's eye today?

"I'm sorry, Ash. Maybe...maybe I just didn't want anyone to remember..." he touched the mark under his eye. He heard what happened to Kyria--horrible--but he was still protective about what happened to him. He thought about telling them, but then decided against it. It owuld be too hard for him to say. "...and as for the fighting...well...alright, you can fight back. Just-" he winced again as he remembered Kyria's injury. "Just don't hurt yourself, kay?" He looked up at the clock. "Anyway, time to go back. Remember, don't let this get out. I don't want to...do something I don't want to..." a shadow crossed his head. He did not want to scare either of them, but if they told someone--which, hopefully, they won't--he would have to make sure they would not do it again.

Kyria merely watched the exchange between the two teens, nodding slightly as Ash supported her. Oh, so she thought that she had a higher maturity level, did she? She looked away at this point, quite offended. Was this the way she expected to make more allies? Her pale eyes roamed over the ceiling, before settling back on Sy. Ah, good. So he was 'allowing' er to fight back? Huh. So this guy was under the impression that he could tell her what to do? He'd be in for a surprise if he tried anything. "If I get hurt, that's fine. If I die, it's fine. They won't want to kill me, though. that's losing another orphan to test on." Her view on life here was dismal, but true.

Remember, don't let this get out. I don't want to...do something I don't want to..." Threats now? Sy really was beginning to get on her nerves. Not much, though. It would take a lot more than this to make her lose her temper. "Is that a threat in disguise?" she inquired, in an almost sweet tone. "Because I'm sure you don't want to threaten me. Misunderstandings might happen." Giving him a look, she stood up, pushing her chair back. "I'm going off," she announced, not really caring if they still wanted to talk. Walking out of the cafeteria, she mused what they were going to test on them next. If it wasn't anything too bad, she wouldn't fight back too badly. If so... They had the human equivalent of a tornado coming their way.

"Look, it's okay. I just wanted to get the point across before it became a habit," she said, starting to feel bad because she really didn't want to imagine Sy's reaction to what Kyria just said. If he could deal with it, redeem himself in a sense, great. If he couldn't, there Ash would be, cleaning up Kyria's mess all over again. Funny how that worked, really. Kyria made the messes, Ash was left to clean them up. Ash could find Sy irritating, by Kyria more so. If Kyria left, like she did now, Ash would stay beside Sy. There was a clear division there. "I think it's testing now," she said, yawning. It seemed that was all they did. Test, test, test. Each one a step closer to death.

Before Sy had a chance to talk back, Kyria was already out of the room. Damn it... He sighed and sat down, letting his head thump against the table. Well done, you've managed to make her annoyed at you. Again. He tilted his head and saw Ash, Sy forgetting she was there for a moment. Not wanting to make her feel sorry for him, he got up again and cleared his throat.

"Go on then." he said in a strange, quiet voice. "I'll catch up." He felt bad, again, about what he said. Not nearly as bad as when he threatened to punch her in the face, no, but he was still frustrated at how he could not have a stable connection with her. Why could they not be friends, and not have the emotions lashing out and the anger boiling through? Why does Sy always have to do something wrong? Why does Ash, poor Ash, always have to stand by him? She could move on and leave him but...why does she stay?

"Wait, before you go..." he hesitated. "...why do you help me?"

Skyla sighed as she looked up at the clock in the room. "Time for testing again." she thought tiredly and stood up. "If this is anything more than trying a new food, I won't let them touch me. Well... I'll try to keep them away from me," she said awkwardly and walked out of the room and headed towards the Experimenting room.

Kyria's head turned slightly as she heard footsteps. Ah. It was Skyla. She didn't really know the other girl, but perhaps that was a good thing. Bad impressions could severely damage her permanent relationships with people. Not that she actually had any. "Hello, Skyla." It was merely a greeting, nothing special.

((Fail. But I'm bored.))

"Sometimes I wonder that myself. I- I don't know, Sy. Maybe because you are the first person to tolerate me. Maybe because I can see myself doing the same things as you. All I know is I don't do it for Kyria, if that's what you're thinking. I'm also not doing it because I feel sorry for you. I do feel bad for you, sometimes, but I think I mostly do it because we're friends. I don't abandon those I'm close with," Ash replied, standing up. She frowned, looking at the door leading into the testing room. She thought about just staying, making the guards shove her in there, but she decided she would just go in by herself. Keep the little bit of dignity anyone could manage in here. She pushed open the doors, wincing at the little squeak they made. How long would it be before this whole orphanage collapsed upon them all? Walking inside she could only hope that this testing wouldn't be as bad as the last.

Skyla jumped as she heard someone approaching. "Oh please don't be one of the 'doctors'" she thought hopefully. She slowly turned around and sighed happily, it was only Kyria.

"Hello, Skyla." she said to her.

"Oh hey." Skyla replied, surprised that she even knew her name, she had barely ever talked to her.

Chip watched as the others began to become frantic. First the blood, then the return to testing. What else could go wrong today? He knew days at the orphanage could be bad, but he had to admit that this was probably one of the worst, especially for himself. His legs still felt numb, not even a tingle allowed him to know that he still had a lower body. He watched the others leave on their next crazed adventure of the day as he remained on his bunk. With clumsy hands he managed to lift his legs onto his bed so that he could lay back and at least try to relax for a little bit. There was no way that he was going to go back to the testing room today. Those staff members would have to drag him back if they wanted to make him do anything else.

Doll watched from the sidelines as the others went through the motions of their freakouts and revelations. It was like this almost every day for her. Observe. Obey. Repeat. Simple and effective, it had gotten her through many days at this wretched place. The testing had started again, and once again she clutched her doll to her chest as she observed what was going to happen next. Hopefully it wasn't going to be as bad as this morning. She cringed as she felt the first signs of a very terrible headache. Maybe she hadn't been safe from that vaccine after all.

Kyria started when Skyla replied. She had forgotten that she'd greeted the girl. Nodding in response, she shrugged at the door, and looked at it expectantly. It wasn't going to do her any good to just stand around, waiting for them to come and torture her. Glancing around she looked toward the door leading into the girls' bathroom. Without a word, she left Skyla, and walked inside. The mirror cracked and filth,y hung on the wall. Looking into it, a pale, washed out face looked back. Is this me? The girl who seems to scare people? Yes, it was her. No wonder people were freaked out. Combing a hand through her prized hair, she looked deep into her reflection. There were no smile or frown marks on her face. No expression showed upon her face. Her eyes were blank, almost unseeing. Is this what I've become? An unfeeling spirit, drifting through this place?

((It's kinda hard to get internet where I am at the moment, so yeah, might not be able to post for a while.))

Sy smiled to himself as Ash left. Those were the words he wanted to hear. He needed her to say something to keep his spirits up. He walked over to the window and peered out of it again. ...because we're friends... The thought made him happy. Friends? In a place like this? With someone like me? he closed his eyes. Well...why not? He opened them again and scanned the open space outdoors. He felt much more confident about trying to escape now. Nothing would stand in the way of his plan. Unless...unless the secret got out. Sy snickered at the thought and walked out of the room. Pfff...like someone would have heard us...

Turning away from her reflection, Kyria sighed, and walked out of the bathroom. Letting the door slowly close behind her of it's own accord, she listened to the wonderful creak that it made. Spotting Sy, she gave him a curt nod, before glancing around the room. A few of the orphans were already waiting, not brave enough to go in. The only one who had was Ash. The fool. She could've had a few minutes of peace before whatever they were going to do happened. Her pale eyes regarded the door which lead into Hell. They hadn't been told what was going to be tested on them today. They never did. But at the moment, she was wishing that they had told them, in case it was something to do with her hair.

((Hair obsession! >D))

Skyla glanced down the hall and saw Sy walking towards the Experimenting room. She narrowed her eyes at him, and then turned her head towards the room. "I better go in now before I cause a scene by who knows what I'll do." Skyla thought as she darted into the room.

Edited by angelkay

((Hello, Amber accepted me. Here's my form, so you guys all know))

Username: DragonCrazy77

Code: SX7

Name: Zee (Zee is called this because he loves zebras and says "gee" a lot)

Personality: Zee is friendly and loves people. He is usually carefree and happy, as though unaware of the world, but that is not the case. He can be intense, but that is rare, and has a deep rage and hate against those who treat others unfairly. He wants to brighten the world and make it a better place.

Looks: Zee has longish black hair with lighter, brown streaks through it. His eyes are green and his skin tan.

Your Only Possession: An old, ragged stuffed zebra

((We kind of need to know what the next experiment is before anyone can post. What is it Amber?))

((I'm thinking about having Ash go completely blind. I've been going back and forth on it, because she's also going to try and escape with Sy and such and so it would cause major difficulties in the plans. I think I might be leaning towards not doing it, but I'm curious as to others opinions. ))

((Hmm. That's interesting. What if she was temporarily blind?))

((If I did temporarily blind, it would have to be for longer than normal to really freak her out. But yeah, I could do that....))

((You planned an escape without me?! Good for you! xd.png

Welcome onboard Dragoncrazy biggrin.gif Hope you have fun :]

So, I'm back biggrin.gif Didja miss me? tongue.gif Packgoater, I think making Ash temporarly blind is a great idea, by the way biggrin.gif))

Well, now that Sy had completely ruined her plans of apologizing, she might as well continue with what she had been planning on doing in the first place. Rocket sighed, she loved Chip dearly, he was one of her best friends here, but seeing him like that scared her. What would they do if he actually was permanently paralysed? People here weren’t directly killed often, as that would be losing one of the orphanage’s beloved guinea pigs. But if Chip couldn’t feel half of his body, would they consider him more of a help than a hindrance for testing? If he just became another mouth to feed, would they kill him? Rocket had to bite back tears again. God, she needed Chip. She hated admitting it, but having him there made her feel slightly (actually, more like a lot) better.

Rocket chuckled a bit. This was actually a bit ironic. Here she was, trying to be a role model for the kids, and she could never gain enough independence to become her own person. She relied so much on others. Shouldn’t she learn not to do that? People disappeared constantly, and people could die. People changed.

Shoving depressing thoughts out of her mind, Rocket walked into the sleeping quarters. Chip had gone from sitting up to lying down, and not sure whether that was supposed to be a good sign or a bad one, Rocket walked over and sat down on the floor. Moving her hair away from her back, Rocket leaned against the bunk and turned her head so she could see him. “Any better?” She asked.

((This RP is dying without Amber. She should be here, I saw her online a few days ago. I'll PM her.))