Sign in to follow this  
AmberEmber

The Franklin Hayne Orphanage

((-Dies- o.o I thought you were talking about the Warriors one. Sorry!! blink.gif I'll be quiet now... tongue.gif ))

Edited by angelkay

Chip looked up to see fiery red hair and the face of Ash looking down at him. Of all the people to ask such a question...He shook his head out of his perplexed thoughts and answered, "I'm fine. Don't worry. I think it should go away soon." Well, that was a lie. He could feel the numbness slowly crawling up his abdomen. His thoughts wandered to how long it would take before it stopped. Would it take over his arms? Would they even give him a wheelchair? He didn't want to be stuck crawling around this place, but he hadn't caught sight of a wheelchair in years. That wasn't very promising.

Doll looked down just in time to see Kitten with a pained expression on her young little face. Instantly her brows furrowed in concern. What was going on this time? Usually the young girl could handle situations like this without tears running down her face. She heard the words about Mouse, though, and nearly dropped her doll. She looked around frantically in search of where Kitten's counterpart could be. There! She was unconscious, but she looked alive. Doll dropped her doll and walked over to the unconscious girl with ease.

"Hey, Kitten, do you mind giving me a hand here?" Doll asked. She knew from experience that the guards weren't going to move Mouse if the testing was almost done. Doll grabbed one of Mouse's arms and waited for Kit to grab the other. The chairs weren't too far away, and Doll was confident that they could carry Mouse to them without too much of a problem.

Skyla got up from the medical table and started to walk back over to the chairs. She looked over and saw that Kit and Doll were trying to carry an unconsious Mouse to the chairs. Skyla looked at them, then at the chairs, and then back at them. She was trying to decide if she should ignore them, or try to help. Her legs started to move towards the two girls. She would feel terrible if she ignored them.

"Need any help?" Skyla asked nervously.

Edited by angelkay

Kit nodded to both of them.

"I can lift this arm..." She pulled Mouse 's arm off the table.

"Just over there right?" Kit asked anxious, pointing to the chairs by the exit.

Skyla nodded her head. She was happy to be able to help someone.

"I can grab her feet, and you two can grab her arms." Skyla added.

Kit nodded and pulled Mouse's arm off the table and moved cautiously towards the chairs.

She whipered in Mouse's ears "We're gunna make sure you're okay, okay?"

((And now I sit and wait))

Rocket groaned. Her head hurt. Her arm hurt. She was way beyond queasy. Why? She tried lifting up her upper body and opening up her eyes. How had she gotten on the floor? Finally managing to open her eyes up and actually see, Rocket found herself in the experiment room. The incidents of the past hour or so came to her and she struggled to stay up. Her twig-like arms buckled under her weight, and she fell back to the ground, struggling to keep her breakfast down. The place smelled so much like blood.

Rocket pulled her legs closer, so she wasn’t lying in the pile of coughed up blood. Slowly, carefully, and feeling like she needed a cane or something, Rocket stood up. If she could just make it to the chair, she could relax there. She would make it. There was no way she could collapse before she got there. First, the whole orphanage was here, including all the young kids. Second, if she collapsed again, she doubted she’d be able to get up again. And the third, and by far most important, there was no way she would give these guys the satisfaction of seeing her collapsing again.

She had to do something. Something so she’d stop shaking, stop thinking of needles and do whatever she was supposed to do. What was it she was supposed to do? She couldn’t think straight... She couldn’t walk straight either she noticed as she sat down. She had missed the chair she’d been aiming for by quite a bit.

Rocket looked around. She’d missed Kyria, not too bad, that girl could take care of herself. She’d missed Kitten and Mouse as well. Not so good, especially when Mouse had passed out as well. Rocket walked over to the group that had begun to gather around Mouse. “Do you need any help?” Rocket asked. Her voice was barely louder than a whisper, but she tried to smile at the people there.

Skyla looked at Rocket and replied "Sure, you can grab one of her legs, and I'll grab the other." Skyla lifted one of Mouse's legs off the table and also began moving towards the chairs.

"Everything will be okay." Skyla said to no one in particular.

Edited by angelkay

Doll was happy with all the help they were getting, but even she was being a bit overwhelmed by the offers. She lifted Mouse's arm over her shoulders and began to pull her off the examination table. "Help is good," Doll uttered as she continued to lead the way to the chairs. They were going to get Mouse to the chairs whether the guards liked it or not.

""Uh huh." Kit replied. "Mouse needs to go there." She pointed at the chairs.

"Rocket, you look really sick." Kit touched her arm where the needle went in. "YOu look unsteady."

She thought for a moment. "Maybe we can carry you too."

Skyla giggled at Kit's comment. She continued to move towards the chairs while carrying Mouse's leg. She was glad everyone wanted to help.

"Is everyone doing okay?" Skyla asked.

Edited by angelkay

"Okay as in feeling bad like usual or dying?" Kit asked. "I'm not dead so I'm all okay!"

She placed Mouse's hand on the chair and and sighed.

"Where did Boon go?" Kit scanned the experiment area for the fat mouse.

"Want me to help you find Boon?" Skyla asked Kit. She knew Boon was Mouse's only possesion, and she wanted Mouse to have Boon with her when she woke up.

"I think Mouse would be happy to see Boon when she wakes up." Skyla added.

"Yes." Kit nodded. "It would make her happy but he's so small."

'I've always wondered how he got his pudgy belly." Kit poked her belly and jumped. "He looked better fed than us."

Kit poked her stomach again and let out a squeak. It felt weird. She proceded to poke Skyla's tummy.

"Doesn't it feel weird?"

Skyla let out a small noise, that somewhat resembled a squeak when Kit poked her tummy. "Yeah, that does feel weird." Skyla said, and continued to poke at her tummy.

"I wonder what it is?" Skyla added.

((Well, I'm going to bed, See you guys in the morning!))

Edited by angelkay

((Moi too.... Maybe.... Tis 1:25 on a school night. Did you try it to yourself? My friends does that ALL THE TIME. and she pokes hard. <.<))

Kit nodded and went to check on everybody she knew. She felt much better now.

"Must be because I'm happy now. Happy heals." Kit said to herself, prodding at Rocket, then Skyla, then Mouse.

"Happy heals, Happy heals." She chanted to herself. She had found Ex. She looked okay but Kit prodded at her tummy too.

Twitch was still bleeding and coughing so Kit gave him some more cloth.

They don't care either way... but this means that some person will have a worse dress. But they all look like this so it doesn't really matter.

The Kit found Chip. He was staring at his legs with horror.

"Happy heals." Kit said firmly to him.

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

“You’re not carrying me anywhere!” Rocket laughed. “I can take care of myself.” Her words were interrupted by a cough. Oh, please.... First I pass out, then I get to cough myself to death She thought ,just as her coughing stopped. She was dizzy, and sitting down, she looked at all the girls around her. Mouse was still unconscious, and Skyla and Kitten seemed to find it amusing that Boon the mouse was better fed than all the kids here. Personally, Rocket just found that insane. If they were going to be pricked with needles, force-fed poison or to try out new and defiantly not improved acne cures, they good at least get a decent meal. Especially the younger ones.

Doll was standing still and not saying anything. She seemed completely fine. Either she hadn’t gone yet, or she’d been incredibly lucky. Though Rocket doubted the latter actually was the case, it was always a possibility. At the thought of experiments and side effects, Chip crossed her mind. How was he? She felt slightly guilty that she couldn’t actually remember how he had reacted to the shot. She should check on him, just in case something had happened. Of course, nothing serious had happened. Nothing serious could happen. This was Chip, there wasn’t a way she would let anything happen. There wasn’t a way she would let anything happen to anyone here. She turned to Doll “Have you seen Chip? Unless Kitten still wants her dress pinned, I’d like to see him.”

“Happy heals.” Kitten poked her, and Rocket smiled at her. The little girl’s energy was contagious, and though Rocket still didn’t feel too well, she was slightly better. “Did you hear that Kitten? Do you still want your dress pinned?” Rocket asked.

"Oh." Kitten looked at the dress. "No. I ripped the bottom all off because Twitch kept throwing up blood. I gave it to him so he could use it."

"Plus" Kitten added crossly. "They wouldn't care anyways." By them, she had meant the staff.

"I saw Chip there." She pointed to the boy sitting in a chair. "He looked okay but something was wrong. I could feel it."

Kit had felt something uneasy stir. He had looked alright but there was something very wrong. He wasn't showing it though.

Chip's being strong for us all.

"We got to help him!" Kit cried. "Something bad is growing worse in him every second. But he's being strong for us so we need to help him."

Then maybe we can leaven this place.

Doll backed away from Mouse now that she was settled into a chair. There wasn't any point to waking her up until lunch anyway. It would spare her some of the time she could have spent with the gruesome images of the testing room if she had been awake. She almost jumped when she heard Rocket's voice, though.

"I don't know," she replied as her eyes began to scan the room. Where had Chip gone? The last time she had seen him, he had been in....in the chair! She looked over to where she had been sitting before, but Chip was gone. Then she remembered his little scene, how he had tried to rush to help Rocket. Had the guards taken him away? Her heart felt like it skipped a beat before she finally spotted him sitting in a chair in another part of the room. He looked beat up and pale, and his hands wouldn't let go of his legs. She cocked her head in confusion but pointed him out anyway. "He's over there."

Chip blinked over and over again. Okay, that was still working. His vision was blurry, but it was nothing more than it usually was. Ever since his glasses had been ruined a few years ago the orphanage had all but forgotten that he had poor vision. His hands squeezed his legs again to make absolutely certain that they couldn't feel anything. Squeeze. Squeeze. Nothing. He could feel the pressure with his hands, but his legs refused to respond. He gritted his teeth in frustration. Nobody had said anything to him about paralysis here! In a last ditch attempt he tried to tap his foot. Still nothing. The tingling feeling that preceded numbness was moving at a snail's pace up his abdomen. He wished it would stop soon. It felt terribly awkward and only made him even more nervous.

Chip was there squeezing his legs. His face was in an expression that Kit couldn't read.

"Chip!" Kit knelt by him. "What's wrong? You look confused."

"Oh, great..." Sy said sarcastically. He groaned and looked around the room. It was the pure definition of chaos. Twitch looked like death, Kit thought that people were koalas, Rocket was acting insane...it was crazy. Probably one of the worst experiments in a while. And it was not even half over. Sy cocked his head in the direction of Kyria as she spoke.

"I wonder what they'd do if I didn't come again? Kill me? Beat me up? Chain me? Of course, they'd have to go through a whole lot of spunk while they're at it." Sy laughed. It was almost strange to hear him laugh, it was a bit of a rarity. The only time he would laugh was probably a mocking one after he would have pulled a prank on someone, usually Chip or Twitch.

"So. What did you try this time?" The smile vanished from his face and reappeared on her's. He lowered his eyelids.

"Tried to get one with some scissors. Didn't turn out well." He smirked. "Kinda weird, though, they went easy on me. Maybe they're gonna get me later." He contemplated his words for a minute before adding "Or maybe I'm just gettin' crazy like the rest of 'em" He looked around the room. Insanity. He sighed and noticed that he was the last person in the line. Great...last one to get stabbed, last one for the showers. He hated being last. The showers were usually splattered with blood or hair bleach by the end.

'Hm.' Kyria turned her pale eyes from him to the space in front of her again. 'Scissors?' Well, once she was 17 - if she ever actually got there - she'd kill herself with them. Slitting her wrists would be easy enough. 'Crazy? Who knows what crazy is?' Her blonde eyebrows arched. 'They think I am crazy. But I may be the sanest one of all.' Her smile relaxed slightly. 'Probably not, though.' The blonde sighed as she looked around the experiment room. There were screams, blood, more screams... Ugh. Closing her eyes, she leaned back into her chair.

'Madness.' She uttered the one word clearly. 'Every day,' Kyria stated. 'They cannot leave us be for one day a week. They have to put us through it every day.' The blood in her mouth had slowed down it's flow, with just a few drips coming off her chin every now and then. A delicate finger swiped along the edge of her chin, and she licked the red liquid thoughtfully. 'I wonder what they'll test on us next? Skin products? Shampoo?' Her face twisted into a grimace at 'shampoo.' Her hair was one thing that the teenager loved. 'If they even try to get at my hair, they'll get worse than today.'

Mouses head was spinning but at least the fire had been put out. She could hear people talking around her but their words were all fuzzy. She opened her eyes and wished she hadn't, it made the dizziness worse. Mouse raised a hand to pass it over her face when she noticed it was shaking quite severely. I look like Twitch she tried to smile to herself but couldn't muster the will, she hoped her shaking would pass.

Most of the testing seemed to be over so Mouse assumed it was break time. She got unsteadily to her feet and swayed for a second. When the room had stopped spinning she moved off in the direction of the Sleeping Quarters seemingly unnoticed by the others. To walk in a straight line she ran one hand over the wall, her hands were still shaking when she moved from the hallway and opened the door to the large room filled with beds.

She shuffled over to her bunk, dropped down onto her belly and wormed her way under the metal frame. Lying on the floor on her belly, Mouse crossed her arms around her head as a pillow but looked up when she heard a scratching. It was Boon, she smiled, the mouse always knew when she needed him. She reached out a finger and scratched his head.

Sign in to follow this