AmberEmber

The Franklin Hayne Orphanage

Kyria's legs gave another spasm, and she looked away. It was horrible, seeing your body do things it shouldn't. Rubbing the place where it hurt, she glanced up as Sy bashed into the wall, a tiny smile lifting up the corners of her mouth. It was... quite humourous. As he reached out, she put her hand into his, attempting to stand up. She couldn't. Her legs shook, and a ripple passed through the muscles. Flopping back down, she shook her head. Despite how much the blonde would prefer it to not come to this, it had. "I think you'll have to carry me. Please." The last word was quickly added in, remembering that he didn't have to do it. "And where do you want to go? The bedroom?" Hah. The bedroom. She'd heard stories of people who had their own rooms, outside of this place. It sounded like a dream.

Sy pulled at her hand. It felt...strange. I thought she didn't like people touching her... He thought. But these people are different. And you're one of them. He sighed. Wait, what did she say? Please? Did she really just--oh, where do I want to go? He thought for a second. "We'll take Ash to the bedroom and she can sit down. Then you need to take me to the bathroom to wash this out." He hesitated, not sure how to pick her up. Eventually, he picked her up underneath her arms and threw her up on his back. "How's that?" he asked. Hopefully she won't freak out and start yelling. "Okay so we need to go back to Ash. Where is she?"

"Alright, then." Kyria wondered for a moment whether she'd take him to the girls' bathroom, or if he'd take her to the boys'. That thought was quickly forgotten as she was thrown over his shoulder in the most undignified fashion. "Oomph!" The air came out of her lungs in a quick whoosh, and she frowned. It was strange, another person touching. "How's that?" She thought for a moment. "Just great," she drawled out. "Especially the fact that I can't see where I'm going, seeing as I'm facing behind you." Rolling her eyes at the boy's stupidity, she gave him a small, gentle (Which was strange for her) punch in the back. "It may be a good idea to carry me some other way." Shuddering slightly at the thought of the ways he could carry her, she muttered, Although, perhaps this is alright."

Skyla watched as the three soon to be ditchers struggled to stand up and get out of the room. One of them seemed to have run into a wall, and she laughed quietly. It stunk not being able to tell who is who, but she got over it.

"Where are they going? The bedroom?" Skyla thought to herself, slowly trying to stand up. She was a bit wobbly, but she could manage. "It would be wrong for me to just watch them struggle." she thought, staggering over to them. When she was close enough to the three di- ehem, of them, she asked, "Hey, do you guys need and help?"

Edited by angelkay

Ash nodded as Sy left her to go for Kyria. Sighing, she tried to stay put, but jumped as she heard a voice behind her. Trying to recall whose voice that could be, Ash decided she would sit on the floor, that way she wouldn't accidentally hurt herself. Slightly shaking, Ash felt herself wildly turn her head. Where had Sy gone to, again? Where had the person been talking from? Who was the person? How long will I not be able to see? Why can't I see? What had gone wrong with the experiments this time? A flurry of questions bombarded her and she shook her head, pulling her knees close to her.

Skyla looked over at Ash and saw her wildly turning her head. She rushed over to her and knelt down next to her.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, your going to hurt yourself." she said, noticing that Ash was slightly shaking and that she looked... Confused?.

"Why am I suddenly trying to be so helpful?" She thought to herself. Skyla sighed and stood up. "Do you need help getting to the room?"

Edited by angelkay

((Is it dinner time time? Is everyone done with experiments?))

Kit bolted back to her bunk and rubbed her eyes with her sheet scraping the last of the drops away from her eyes. Her tears had washed them out. She sat down and held her kitty to her stomach. Bending over the stuffed animal, she whispered to it. "We'll get out someday. And get a mommy and a daddy and a kitty and a puppy. And we'll get love and good food and a family. We just have to stay here and then a nice lady with no clipboard will come and bring us to a nice home. We just need to prove ourselves worthy. Enduring this is a test." Kit pretended thing like this to herself a lot. She could understand things better or make up her own reasons.

(( We have a new arrival!

Username: ShadowNekoSakura

Code: 195

Name: Sakura

Personality: Sakura is a very caring person. She may have grown up in this place she calls a "Hell hole", but having so many others to care for made her almost motherly to the other kids. She's a pretty good teacher to them, too. She always tries to be happy-go-lucky all the time to hide her misery behind a mask of smiles, just so the other kids won't worry about her. She's always hatching escape plans, but she's never actually attempted to get out....yet.

Looks: Sakura

Sakura has really long black hair, since she's never cut it, and the picture is wrong, she has cyan blue eyes. Her height is around five foot eight, and she weighs around one hundred pounds, since she's so skinny from malnutrition.

Your Only Possession: She has a necklace that she keeps hidden under her pillow. It looks like this.

biggrin.gif))

(lol thanks for the introduction. Darn I gtg for a bit step-mother is jacking the computer again.)

Sakura was in the girl's bathroom, rinsing her eyes from those stupid eye drops they had forced her to take. She blinked a few times, and thankfully, she could see now. I got lucky this time...most of these kids are going to go blind! Next, she started helping the really young children try to get it out of their eyes, and started barking orders to a few of the older kids. "Sam, go help the kids that took the pills. Most of them are having muscle spasms." She was currently helping one crying little girl who could barely see.

Sy sighed at Kyria.

"Well I don't know that 'cuz I can't see, now can I?" letting her down, he turned Kyria around and lifted her on his back again. "Alright? Now where is Ash?" he asked, or more demanded. Poor Ash, he thought. Blind? In this place? he had to get a grip on himself. Poor Ash? Really? You're stronger than this, Sy! She's blind now, and that's that. You're all just going to have to deal with it. We're getting out all the same, so even if she is blind, she'll still have a better life. He contemplated his last thought. She'll never see the world she has always wanted to live in... Not concentrating on where he was going, he smashed his knee into one of the chairs. He tried to muffle his cry of pain in fron of Kyria, but somehow he knew that she could see through it. Now limping slightly, he asked Kyria again, a slight hint of pain in his voice. "Where. Is. Ash?"

Huffing slightly at Sy, she nodded. Remembering he couldn't see, she muttered she was alright. It was quite undignified being carried like this, but trying to walk with your legs failing with every step was much more so. Rolling her eyes as he tried to muffle his cry - why hide his pain? - she turned her pale eyes toward the girl. She was just a little off to the left, and then straight ahead. "Turn a little to the left, and then forward about five steps." Having one completely blind and the other nearly was a huge disadvantage. Oh, and now he was limping.

Sy gritted his teeth. A little to the left...okay, stop. Now, five steps. One-ahh! His leg that he bumped would only buckle under him. He would have to compensate for it by making those five steps into about six or seven limp-steps. Wincing his eyes to try and make out the doorway, he started to move forward. One. Not being able to reach out with his hand (because he was carrying Kyria) was unnerving, the doorway could be anywhere and he could not reach out to find it. Two. Everything seemed okay so far. Three. Four-ahh! His leg buckled again. Five. He must be getting close to her now.

"Ash? Ash where are you? Where is she Kyria? I don't want to walk into her." he called before taking another step.

Ash pushed herself away from the voice. Who was that? Standing up and stumbling backwards, she felt herself bump into someone. Her eyes widened. Who was that? Starting to tremble, she realized just how frightening this whole place was when she couldn't see.

"Sy? Sy! Where are you? I'm over here, Sy!" She shouted. The person she had bumped into was definitely not Sy. They were to tall and large, like an adult. Now Ash froze in shock and fear. It was an adult right behind her.

"I recall you offering to take an extra test."

((Im tired so...

To be continued in the morning. Suspense. >:D ))

Kyria just half-lidded her eyes in discontent as Sy limped. Glancing down, she realised his leg was buckling, and she was only making it worse. Looking back up, she found the body of a wide man ahead of them, talking to Ash. "I recall you offering to take an extra test." Wait... what? "There's a scientist talking to Ash," she hissed, glaring up at the white-clothed back of the said man. Was he going to dare to take Ash and have her take another test? Oh, no. She would not be doing that. But how to get this man away?

Sakura heard talking in the other room as a scientist approached a girl, who had obviously already gone blind from the first test. I...I have to do it! Sakura stood up and headed over to the doctor. "Excuse me, um, sir, that was me, not her. I've already taken the eye-drop test." The doctor nodded and roughly grabbed her hand, taking her back to the experiment room.

((omg we have internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i missed you guys!!!!!!!! oh, and welcome ShadowNekoSakura))

"Oh, not another test", Rue thought angrily. Wasn't one enough for one day? she could also see her sister, Andromeda, tense up when they found out that they would be testing an eye product.blue color contacts that she had been forced to try on a few years ago had deepened her eyes natural sea blue color, making her eyes look not quite real. at least she hadn't gone blind, though. Rue had also noticed some other slight changes with her friend, Skyla. well, they were sort-of friends. Skyla had always been very kind to Rue and Rue thought of her sometimes as like another older sister. Sometimes she would read to her and Mouse. Now, she seemed a bit more uptight, or just thoughtful, as if she were thinking hard about something. "What's on your mind, Skyla?" she asked, concerned.

((Considering Ash has bright red hair, practically killed the guy as she was shouting at him, I don't think he would forget what she looked like. But whatever, I'll go with it. For now...))

"Excuse me, but that's the wrong girl. It was her, the one with the red hair. She practically throttled me when she helped her friend. Look, take her in, too. If she's willing to take another test, so be it," the man Ash had spoke to said, coming over to the man who held Sakura. The man gripped Ash's neck, forcing her to come with him. Ash hadn't heard him coming around behind her and, in surprise, she screamed, kicking and punching and pulling and flailing and really making a mess of herself.

(lol thank you very much. Well Sakura's just like that.)

Sakura cursed herself mentally. So much for being the daring hero. The doctor practically shoved the pill down her mouth and handed her a glass of water, which she gulped down. Almost immediately, her nose started gushing blood, and a lot of it. She quickly covered her nose with her hands. My nose is freaking bleeding like a faucet! Damn it! She rushed into the bathroom and grabbed some toilet paper, trying to stop the bleeding, but it was no use. She held her nostrils closed and waited for the little girl, Ash, to come out of the testing room.

Edited by ShadowNekoSakura

((Gah, she's not that little! Especially compared to Sakura. She's fourteen. Two years younger. xd.png But whatever. smile.gif ))

She felt the doctor shove something in her mouth. It felt like a pill. He then put a glass into her hands. Trying to tilt it towards her mouth, she spilled most of the water on the floor. Frustrated, the doctor poured water into her mouth as she swallowed.

"Sorry, but it's not quite the smartest thing to shove a glass of water into a blind girl's hand," Ash snapped, turning away from the man and walking briskly into a wall. Cursing, she felt her way to the door, only about a foot or so to the left. She could've sworn the door was a foot over to the right... Crossing her arms, Ash felt something wet and sticky drip from her nose. Blood. She felt weak and shaky, though she was glad she had control of her limbs, unlike Kyria.

(ahhh sorry.)

Sakura went over to the little girl and looked at her bleeding nose. "You okay? Sobby, I tbied to hulp." She sounded funny since she was holding her own nose. She rushed into the bathroom and got some toilet paper for her, trying to wipe Ash's nose with her free hand. "Le me hulp you sice you ca suh."

((omg we have internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i missed you guys!!!!!!!! oh, and welcome ShadowNekoSakura))

"Oh, not another test", Rue thought angrily. Wasn't one enough for one day? she could also see her sister, Andromeda, tense up when they found out that they would be testing an eye product.blue color contacts that she had been forced to try on a few years ago had deepened her eyes natural sea blue color, making her eyes look not quite real. at least she hadn't gone blind, though. Rue had also noticed some other slight changes with her friend, Skyla. well, they were sort-of friends. Skyla had always been very kind to Rue and Rue thought of her sometimes as like another older sister. Sometimes she would read to her and Mouse. Now, she seemed a bit more uptight, or just thoughtful, as if she were thinking hard about something. "What's on your mind, Skyla?" she asked, concerned.

Skyla jumped a little as Rue came up and talked to her, asking what was on her mind. "Oh, I-It's nothing." Skyla replied, hating to have to lie to her. She watched as the people in white coats shoved pills down Ash and... Whatever the other girls name was's throat, giving them a glass of water to rinse it down with.

Not long after they swallowed the pill, the girl that Skyla didn't know the name of's nose started bleeding badly, and she rushed to the bathroom, clenching her nose. She ran back into the experimenting room with toilet paper, trying to help Ash wipe her nose free of blood. "I don't think Ash is going to like that very much..." Skyla thought, feeling bad for the girl.

"What are you doing? Don't touch me! I can handle myself perfectly fine, thank you!" Ash snapped, stumbling away from the voice. She needed to get to Kyria and Sy. Now. "Sy? Sy! Kyria? There are people and they're trying to help me," she said, slightly cowering and saying 'and they're trying to help me," with fear, as if it were a bad thing. "What are they doing? What's wrong with me? Why can't this all go away. You know, Kyria, I'm sorry for what I did earlier. You were right. Death is a good escape.

"There's a scientist talking to Ash" Kyria hissed in his ear. What? Before Sy had a chance to react, he heard another voice taling about how Ash was the wrong person. Sy didn't know if it was true or not, but he hoped that the scientist would leave Ash alone.

"Take her in, too." Sy cringed at these words. Damn it! Trying to chase after the scientist, Sy stepped forward, only to have his leg buckle again. He was too late, Ash had already been taken back to the experiment room. Turning around, trying to remember where the door was so he wouldn't run into it again, he inced his way forward to the door of the experiment room. He would just have to wait for her to come out again. His leg was still buckling, and having Kyria on his back certainly did not help, but he would be able to push through it. Eventually making his way back, he heard Ash call out for him.

"Sy? Sy! Kyria? There are people and they're trying to help me." What? Isn't that a good thing? Sy thought again. Well, it depends on what you mean by 'help'. She called out to him again. "What are they doing? What's wrong with me? Why can't this all go away. You know, Kyria, I'm sorry for what I did earlier. You were right. Death is a good escape." Sy's mouth hung open for a short while before he gritted his teeth and stormed over to where Ash's voice was coming from. He did it so angrily that he almost dropped Kyria.

"Don't say that!" He shouted at her. "Don't ever say that! Death is not a good escape!" he paused for a minute before he grabbed out for her. "Come on!"

Sakura was forced to back off, since the girl obviously didn't need her help. She sighed as she stood up. "Well, if you nud adny hulp, just ask." Then Sakura headed into the little dorm area and sat in one of the corners with her nose still pinched shut. Why is it still bleeding? Damn...Well, at least none of these kids died from those experiments...yet. She sighed. It's a matter of time before one of these experiments kill me...I'm almost seventeen, and that's the average life span of the orphans in here. I just have to last until I turn eighteen, or until I can find a way to escape, but this nose isn't helping me much.

Edited by ShadowNekoSakura