AmberEmber

The Franklin Hayne Orphanage

Rue and Andromeda had always been really good at reading body language and emotions. Andromeda said that it was just a natural gift they both had. So, Rue knew that Skyla was not all right, no matter what she said. But Rue wasn't nosy, so she wouldn't pry.

Andromeda was tense with worry. Eye drops- that could not be good. sighing and putting on a brave face, she took Rue's hand, and together they walked down to the dreaded experimentation room.

((yeppers smile.gif ))

Edited by Lady of the Stars

"I'm sorry, Sy. I'm sorry for saying that. I'm just so- so done with this place and those monsters. It seems like the only people I can trust are you guys. But you know, yelling at me doesn't help. That's what they want. The testers? They want us to argue with each other. Hate each other. That means it's less likely we'll escape as a group. So we have to try to stick together. Otherwise they'll get exactly what they wanted," Ash replied, her chin tilting up almost arrogantly. "And Sy? Thanks. For everything. You know, for what you do for me. It's nice, really, having someone who would do things like that for you. I heard you chase after the scientist. I'm just glad he didn't try to double-test you, too."

Sy stared at Ash for a minute. He wondered for a second if she was being sarcastic, so he just murmured, "Yeah, don't mention it." Reaching out for her arm, he wanted to lead her back to her bed where she wouldn't walk into anything. "Come on then. Kyria, where's her bed? I think we should sit her down." he glanced back at Ash. "And Ash...try not to talk about escaping so openly. You never know who's listening..." Sy, suddenly feeling uncomfortable, shifted his weight on to his other leg. Kyria was suddenly becoming heavy and he was not sure how much longer he could carry her. "Let's go."

Kit stayed in the sleeping room waiting for someone to come in. "Doomsday." She sighed to herself. She blinked her sticky eyes and rubbed them. She walked out of the room, holding her kitty toy, and back down to the testing room. Chaos. Again, there was blood, and crying, stumbling. Ash and Sy and Kyria were in a group together. Helping each other. Kit smiled, dispite the mood lingering in the room. She was happy some of the orphans had found friends that would help each other. She hung around waiting.

"You know, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm serious. And about that, sorry. I -I just I don't know. I guess I wan't thinking when I said that. And Sy? Why don't you take one of her arms and put it around your shoulder and I do the same? Then you guys can guide me, but I can still help," Ash said, sensing that Sy had shifted his weight on the other leg. Kyria must be heavy....

Kyria listened to the two talking, letting her head flop down like a ragdoll. Her neck had been beginning to ache from the effort of lifting it up... Hearing Ash saying that perhaps death was the better way out had been interesting. Perhaps more people were feeling the same way as she was than she'd thought. As Sy shifted, the blonde sighed. Despite her being half-starved, the extra weight of a few kilos could make all the difference. "Ash's suggestion is a good one," she murmured, closing her eyes. It had been a tiring day...

Sy stared at Ash. He thought about just carrying Kyria by himself, but his back was starting to ache, and his leg giving was was not helping. Hesitating, he lifted Kyria off his back and swung one of her arms around Ash's neck. He noticed that she was getting a little more limp than before. Maybe she was just tired. Maybe it was the pill she took. He sighed and began to walk forward. He couldn't deny it anymore. He was emotionally attatched to these two. He remembered, years ago, he told himself that he should never open up to anybody, because they will only tie you down. He looked over Ash and Kyria, still only making out their blurred image. What an idiot he was back then! These two accepted him and he would escape with them. But he then looked at the situation he was in. Carrying someone who couldn't move their legs and escaping with a blind girl. Maybe he was right after all.

"Which way are the beds, Kyria?"

Ash took the weight easily and walked forward, timing her steps to the sound of Sy's. Ash did wonder what was wrong with him. He didn't seem like himself... something was bothering him, she was sure of it. But what? The situation they were in? Yeah, it was a heck of a situation, so that could be it... Ash turned her head toward him, unseeing eyes not quite focused on his form. "What's wrong?" she asked, not meaning to be nosy or anything, but if it were anything important...

Kyria was quite relieved when they took her arms, and she took unsteady steps legs shaking with every one. Without the support of both of them, she'd have fallen over by now. Hopefully, they'd be better by the next day. Swallowing to moisten her throat, her eyelids drooped again. Perhaps it was that pill.... Forcing them open again, she murmured instructions, telling herself that she would not fall asleep. However, when she got to her bed it would be a whole different case. "What's wrong?" Sy had actually seemed a bit different from normal in the past few minutes, she thought to herself.

Sy stiffened as Ash asked him what was wrong. He kept his head forward.

"Nothing...I'm just tired." he uttered. Yeah, it was a lame excuse, but hopefully it would give them the I-don't-want-to-talk-about-it. He couldn't tell them what he was really thinkig, they would...they would...he didn't want to think about it. Following the instructions Kyria was giving him, he eventually found his way back to the bedroom.

"Alright. Ash, let's put Kyria down first and--oh." Sy shuddered at the sight of Kyria's sheets. They were still stained with her blood. He cursed under his breath. Well, they would just have to steal someone else's bed. "Uhh, just put her down on this one, then. Don't bump her head or anything." Not that you care! A voice in Sy's head hissed at him. W-What? He was going insane, he was talking to himself. He needed to get to the bathroom and wash the drops out of his eyes. At least that would let him be alone for a litle while to clear his head.

Ash frowned as Sy brushed her off. Clearly he didn't want to talk about it, but why? Why wouldn't he talk to them? Sy was Ash's best friend. She set down Kyria gently and then sat down on her own bed, puzzled and utterly bewildered. Everything had been so... great earlier. How come now it was all so sour? Was it because of everything that had happened? Ash wiped the blood off of her nose and shuddered. She would've gone after Sy if she hadn't thought the better of it.

Kyria let out a soft breath at the sight of the beds. Her bed was still full of bloodstains, though. Would they actually come out? Shrugging slightly - although this was hard, considering the way that the two were carrying her - the blonde glanced down at the bed that was being offered to her. As they laid her down, she nodded, silent. Her legs still jerked every now and then. Frowning at the limbs, she sat up, rubbing from her knees down to her ankles, trying to restore some feeling in them. It wasn't like she was paralysed, but every now and then shivers ran up and down the muscles, and even if her nail dug into the skin, no pain would be felt.

((Wow, I think this is the longest post I've ever done in a RP O.O ))

Without a word to wither of them, Sy rushed to the boys' bathroom. He bumped into another orphan and thumped into another wall on his way there, but he eventually got in. The shards of the mirror crunched under his feet as he stood over the sink and washed his eyes out. The stinging feeling came out and his vision was returning to him, but the voices stayed there.

You said it yourself, they will tie you down.

What do you want from me?

Nothing, Sy, I'm just stating the obvious. You'll die if you try to escape with them.

No! Even if Ash is blind, we'll still get out!

Oh really? And how is a little blind girl going to escape a place like this?

I...don't know. But it can happen! It will happen!

Haha! Sy, you should know better. Maybe you can take Kyria, but the little girl will have to stay behind.

I would never leave Ash behind! She's the only one that helped me when I needed her!

Haha! Help? Help! You call that helping? You were in an emotional meltdown. She just took advantage of you.

No!

Yes! She was so lonely and she wanted a friend. Now, usually these people are afraid of you, but breaking down like that made you weak!

No! No! Sy gripped the side of the sink again and looked at the smashed mirror.

Sy! Listen to me! These people will only hold you back! You know what will happen if you get caught.

I'll...I'll die?

No Sy. Worse. Remember last time? he touched the scar under his eye.

Yeah...

Remember when they stuck that needle in your eye?

In...my eye...

Yeah. Don't try to repress it. Remember how you screamed like a little baby?

I...but...

Yeah, you thought that was it, didn't you? Remember what happened next?

Happened...next...I...

Haha...don't try to fool me. Why don't you tell me what happened, Sy?

I...can't...

I'll tell you what happened. They flicked that swith on the wall. Remember what that switch did?

It...it...

It electrocuted you. What was it, 10? No, 20,000 volts in your eye. Sy stared at the mirror, his gaze now innocent and hurt.

Yes, Sy. Now, did that teach you a lesson?

I...no...

No! So why are you trying to escape again? With those people?

I...don't know...

Go back to them and tell them that it's off. You can't do it. Especially with a blind one.

But...

Go! Do it! Sy left the bathroom, his head hung and his eyes still innocent. He made his way back to Kyria and Ash, where he looked at them for a while. He felt his scar again and simple said "I'm sorry, but it's off."

Edited by earwig

"Whats off? What? You're not... You can't do that! You can't do this to us! I trusted you, Sy! You can't... you- you can't Please tell me you're joking," Ash whispered in a harsh and hurt voice. He couldn't be serious. He couldn't. he had to be joking. Ash let out a nervous chuckle. "Real funny, Sy." What if he was being serious? Then she would never get out. Never escape. She would die her. She would rot her with all the others. Sy had promised... "You can't do this to me," she mumbled, numb and hardly believing what he had said. She stood up, walking briskly over to Sy. "What's wrong? Why are you suddenly doing this to us? You gave us hope, Sy. now you're taking it all away? Don't do that. Please. Please don't do that. I can get out of here, Sy. I will get out of here. I will try no matter if you come with me or not. I don't care if I die because of it. I. Don't. Care. I'm not afraid."

Kyria sighed softly in content as the ripples began to slow, the pain easing a little. Now, this was better... "I'm sorry, but it's off." With a sharp intake of breath, she glanced up. It was Sy. The... escape was off? How-where-? The only reason for her not killing herself was right in front of her, crushing the hopes that had begun to spring in her heart. Swinging her legs over the bed, she glared up at him. "So, the only reason for me being here is standing in front of me, and crushing the possibility of us getting out of here alive?" The teenager shook her head, and glanced over at Ash. She'd be disappointed, too. "How could you?" she hissed, and her pale gaze went over to Ash. "Don't worry, we'll find a way. Without him."

Zee

Zee crept into the testing room. He was late. Again. What would they do this time? He shuddered and suddenly wished he had his zebra with him. It might sound little kiddish, but it was his only comfort. He hugged himself and waited to be approached.

((Sorry for the short post! I'm in a hurry.))

Sakura had been listening in on the other kids' conversation and she stood up. Her nose finally had stopped bleeding, but she would need to wash herself later. "You guys hatching an escape plan?" That's definitely what it sounded like. "If you are, I can help out." Maybe I can finally get the Hell out of here.

Edited by ShadowNekoSakura

Kyria's head snapped around as another girl entered. Who did she think she was, listening in? "No, we're not," she snapped, glaring at the offending person. How many people had heard about this by now? "Who do you think you are, eavesdropping on other people's conversations? It obviously shows you're not very trustable." Penetrating gaze flitting away, she glared at Sy. The blonde could simply not understand why he was giving up on them. It really seemed to hurt inside, for some reason. "And go away," she muttered to the girl.

Geez, all I do is want to help everyone and they are just nasty to me! Why do I even bother? Sakura sighed. "Fine, as you wish. I only thought I could be of some assistance. Your not the only ones that want to get the Hell out of here." She turned away from them and headed to her own bunk, hiding the sadness in her face as she usually did. I don't blame them for being nasty, though. They've never been shown an ounce of kindness unless it was from another one of us. It's just...well, whatever. Doesn't matter anyway. I'm probably not going to live long enough to get out of here anyway.

((Yes, Dragon.))

Sy looked away as Ash spoke up to him. He couldn't say anything back, he was too hurt by his memories. Not to mention that it was hard for him to stand his ground against these two. They could both crush him and pick him back up in a day, they had too much influence on him. He bit his lip as he heard "You gave us hope, Sy. Now you're taking it all away." It was true. But it was for good reason, they could not escape. It was too much. He managed to keep composed as Ash finished. He liked her courage, but it was too dangerous to escape. He thought that was it, but then he heard Kyria start. He knew he would be in for something.

"How could you?" he met her pale eyes and he could feel his heart shed blood. "Don't worry, we'll find a way. Without him." Once again, he felt his heart stutter. He didn't even care about the other girl overhearing their plan. It wasn't going to happen, anyway. Staring at the ground, he spoke in quiet voice.

"I'm doing this because I can't take it if we get caught. If I--if you--" he stopped and looked up at both of them. "I don't want anything to happen to either of you. You don't know what will happen if you get caught." he stopped to touch the scar again. He didn't want that to happen to them, they had been through enough. "I'm thinking of burning the plans."

"Sy! Get a hold of yourself! What happens if I stay? I get killed before I'm eighteen! I'm stuck blind. Out there, I might have the slight chance of regaining my eyesight. I would actually have a life. If we get out than we can get all of these others out, too. We'll get someone to help. We'll be living proof of what happens here, Sy. This isn't just about us. I want you to come with us, but I will try to do it with or without you. You doing this isn't going to make a difference to my plans, it'll just make a difference on how I feel. You're my best friend, Sy. I want you to some with me. I really want you to. You're plans will give us a better chance of escaping, Sy," Ash replied, resisting the urge to slap him. Instead her pale, unseeing eyes stared at him, almost as if she could see.

Kyria snorted. "You think we don't know? Honestly, Sy." She shook her head. "After getting stabbed deeply in the back by various medical instruments, whatever you're talking about cannot be that bad." Listening to Ash as she spoke, the blonde nodded. Everything she said was true. They would be killed. She still had three years to go, but Sy? Only two. "We have to leave. You have two years, or even less, Sy. We have not much more. Which is why I am getting out. Ash with me, if she wants to." There wasn't much chance of the girl escaping by herself, she mused. Eyes were essential.

Sy glanced at the two girls and sighed. He sat down on the matress next to Kyria and put his head in his hands. His voice was still quiet.

"If either of you get caught, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." he stared at the floor between the gaps in his fingers. "But...if you two are going to escape anyway..." he lifted his head up. "Then I guess I should go, too." He stood up and walked over to his bed. He took out the flint lighter from underneath his matress, lit it, and then approached the girl that overheard their conversation. He waved it dangerously in front of her face and his voice was now low and scary.

"Listen. You tell no-one about what you heard, okay?" he flicked it off and glared at her one last time before returning to Kyria and Ash. "Now. Do you want me to tell you what I've done so far, or do you want to wait 'till I've finished it all?" he shot a look back at the other girl for a quick second. He put on a mean look, but in reality, he was in deep, deep trouble if she told anyone.

Sakura rolled her eyes. She honestly wasn't scared. "Of course I'm not going to tell. I myself want to escape, just to go outside, even if it's only for a moment." Sakura had dreamed since she was a kid to go see the outside world. Through the windows, she'd seen grass and trees and pretty things on the ground they called flowers. In story books, she'd also read about animals and people and so much more! She at least wanted to go outside before the experiments in the place killed her.