AmberEmber

The Franklin Hayne Orphanage

(( Well then, sorry I left. I need to read the last few pages...))

Edit: (( Okay. First of all, do you guys want an OOC? It would probably help, but it's up to you guys. A few people said that an OOC would be nice...

The next experiment: Saline Eye Drops and Preposin (a new pain killer/ anti-inflamitory)

Saleine Eye Drops

Purpose: To cleanse and re-hydrate the eye.

Administered: To be administered by a staff member using a dropper.

Side Affects: Blurred vision, popped capilliaries, nose bleeds (the nose is connected to the eye... somehow.) temporary and permanent sight loss, ahd excessive tearing.

Preposin

Purpose: To relieve pain and inflammation of the joints, back, and head.

Administered: Taken by mouth with a glass of water.

Side Affects: Stomach ulcers, muscle spasms, nose bleeds, confusion, and death.

I hope this helped. I'll try to monitor the RP more,))

Edited by AmberEmber

Chip really wanted to smile when Rocket sat down at his bedside. He really wanted to, but he found it difficult to muster that kind of energy right now when his thoughts were barreling out of control. He blinked once. Twice. Three times. Still nothing except those same thoughts that he never would have allowed on any other normal day. He didn't like having his spirit broken so easily, but he had never had to deal with damage on this scale before. Usually he had been able to shrug off the pain and confusion, put on a smile, and take care of the younger ones, but this time his independence was being stripped away from him and it was driving him nuts. Lack of mobility definitely wasn't something that he could hide.

Then there was his birthday. It was only a few months away, then freedom would be his. He would be able to take on the world, get away from this stupid place, but no child had ever left the orphanage. The thought gnawed at his brain incessantly.

"Rocket, what are we going to do?" Of all the people in the orphanage, Rocket was one of the few people he knew would be able to understand what he was saying. He pulled himself up in his bed so that he was at eye level with the girl. "I still don't know if I'll be able to walk again, let alone take care of the younger ones. I mean, why now? Why can't they give me a few more weeks. A warning? Something? We're not prepared for this." Chip face fell to his palms as he tried to cover his expression of complete fear and anxiety. Rocket was one of the few people he would ever allow to see him like this, but he felt he was pushing it a little too far.

Doll sat quietly in the experimentation room. Her eyes stared at the floor until she felt her doll torn from a grip and a stern hand wrap around her arm. "You're next," a voice commanded as the hand dragged her over to a table. A small pill was shoved into her left hand and a glass of water in her right. "Take the pill, drink the water, then tell us how you feel. Got it?" Doll looked at the pill in her hand and wondered how she would fare this time. She had been lucky last time, but this time she couldn't be so sure. There was only one way to find out. Doll popped the pill into her mouth and gulped down the glass of water as quickly as she could.

Nothing. She felt nothing. For a few seconds she felt like she had drawn two lucky cards today, then she felt something wet slipping down her lips. Her hand reached up to her face and came away with a streak of red. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at her hand as her mind searched for the word to describe the phenomenon. It started with a C, right? Or was it D? She couldn't remember. Her eyes looked up as the blood continued to run down her face. Where was she? Who were all these people? Some of them were giving her strange looks, but she couldn't understand why?

"What's going on?" she whimpered softly. "Why am I here?"

Edited by BlueApollo

Kyria shifted her weight to the other foot as she waited. The blood which had risen out of her throat from earlier was not coming along anymore, although a slight hint of the metallic taste remained. Licking her lips, she stared at the door. What were they going to test on them today? One hand fingered her hair, almost wishing she had the blue ribbon with her. It was always nice to have something to play with while waiting. The doors opened, and she looked up. "Right. You can come in next." A man grabbed her arm, leading her over to a chair. Digging in her heels, the teen tried to resist him. This was to no avail. Pushed into a chair, she slumped down. The events from earlier had weakened her, and they knew it. A slow grin was creeping across the scientist's face, and she looked away. What horrors were in store for her today.

Quite suddenly, cold hands were upon her face. Jerking away, she spotted that girl, Doll, with blood running down her face. Oh. Oh, dear. A glass of water was in Doll's hands. Why? Suddenly, one scientist pushed a pill into her mouth, making her choke. With a glass of water shoved into her hands, she knocked it back, and drank down the pill. This was when things started to get strange. Blood could be felt creeping down her nose. Drip. Drop. It splashed onto the grey dress, and her eyes widened. Kyria had lost a lot of blood today. Surely this could only be worse? A twitching in her neck alerted her to more. "No~!" Standing up, she collapsed back into the chair as her leg muscles went into spasms. Breathing hard, she stared down at her legs as blood dripped from her nose. N-no... What was happening to her?

Edited by Chicogal

Sy narrowed his eyes at...what was her name? Skyka--as she gave him a look. What are you looking at? He snorted and walked through the door. He was instantly grabbed by a scientist and shoved in a chair. While the man took a moment to get the experiment ready, Sy's eyes widened as he saw Kyria twitching and screaming.

"Kyr-" his words were cut off as his chin was lifted up. The scientist held Sy's eyelids open and dripped in some yellow liquid, two drops in each eye. Almost instantly, Sy could feel his eyes burning like they were on fire. He screamed out in agony. He tried to open his eyes, but he could not see anything. He could only make out an extremely blurred image on the room, but he could not make out anything else. He tried to make his way over to Kyria, but he was forced to his knees by the pain. He raised his hands to his face and collapsed on the ground, screaming. He could feel something coming out of his nose, but he could not see what it was. His tear ducts produced far too much water and his face was completely wet. He had no sense of direction, so he lay on the ground, yelling, clutching at his face.

Kyria had glanced around the room, eyes wide as Sy entered. Trying to drop the expression of slight horror on her face as he had eyedrops put in, she blinked, and looked away. That was when he started yelling. Her gaze flitted to him, and her mouth opened slightly. His entire face was covered in tears, and not ones of sadness. Ones caused by those eyedrops. Her pale gaze was still slightly horrified, but inquisitive, too. What caused these...? Shaking her head, she told herself to stop thinking about these things. Her ally, and perhaps her first future friend, was lying on the floor screaming. And all she was doing was having blood run down her face, and muscles twitching. Must... help... Sy... Once again, she tried to stand up. A scientist tried to pull her back down, but she elbowed him, her legs trembling. Sy...

“Honestly? I have no clue.” Rocket said, running a hand through her hair. He was right; they were not prepared for this. They shouldn’t need to prepare for this. It was just so unfair! Why them? “Life has too many bloody questions.” She muttered, unsure if Chip could hear her or not.

Chip’s face was hidden in his hands, and Rocket looked at him, concerned. This wasn’t going to be easy for him. “You’ll be fine again...” She closed her eyes and pretended to think hard. “Tomorrow.” She smiled a bit, letting the humour sink in before continuing in a slightly more serious tone. “As for taking care of these kids, do you really think not being able to walk will change that? You care for them Chip. You know what that makes you in their eyes? The only thing you need to do is be here, and their life is a bit better.”

Ash felt arms grip her and someone pull her hair, forcing her head back. Some yellow liquid was dropped into her eye. Almost instantly her vision became unclear, and soon left altogether. Ash staggered. She-she couldn't see... she felt around and came to a wall and she pressed her back to it. She felt something strange dripping from her nose. Something wet dropped onto her hand. Ash lifted her hand shakily to her lips. Blood. Ash felt her heart beat faster and faster. She was panicking. She had already gone half-blind, now this? Now she was just plain old blind? She felt like curling up into a ball and withering away. How would she survive, in a place like this? She wouldn't be able to escape with Sy and Kyria now. She would just be a burden. The staff could push her around all they liked because she would have no idea where they were and couldn't fight back. Ash slid to the floor, shaking. She held her knees close to her body, her eyes wide and frightened. She had never, ever let anyone see her like this. But she couldn't help it. The thought of never seeing again in this place was unbearable.

Kit peeked back into the test room again. "No." She gasped. "Not medicine again!" Then there was another face in front of her's. The clipboard lady. Kit groaned. She didn't like the clipboard lady, who was always everywhere enjoying her self by writing down all the things that were paining her. "I don't wanna go." She said simply, edging away.

The lady smiled. "Let's go kiddo. They've got a bunch of new things for you to try out." She grabbed Kit and ushered her inside. "Wait here." As if. Kit sprang up and tried to find a way to leave.

Kyria watched as Ash had eye drops forced into the eye that was not blind. The other girl seemed to completely lose herself, sliding down against a wall. Her pale eyes stretched wide as her mind processed the thoughts. Ash was blind in one eye. What if... Her gaze flitted over to Sy. He was clutching his face and yelling. He seemed to be in pain. Ash did not look like she was. Finally, she took control of her shaking legs, and walked over to him, collapsing by his side. "Sy, Sy." A muscle twitching in her arm made her cry out. Turning her head to where footsteps could be heard, she spotted a scientist heading toward herself and Sy. "Stay back," she hissed, before turning back to her ally. "Sy, can you see me?" Her voice shook for the first time. The blonde was telling herself it was because of the pain, but another part of her told her that she was afraid. Afraid that Sy was going to go blind.

Edited by Chicogal

(( ;_; ))

Sy took shuddering breaths as someone came to his side.

"Sy, Sy." He reached out with one arm to where he heard the familiar voice. He needed Kyria right now, he was in horrible pain. "Sy, can you see me?" he twisted around to look at her.

"On-only just." he could make out a very blurred outline of her, but that was it. No detail. Something caught his attention when she said that, though. Did...did her voice change just slightly? "I'll be okay, just stay here with me for a minute..." Sy felt embarresed at that last line. Pull yourself together! He looked around the room and found what looked to be Ash against a wall. He started to crawl over to her, his fingers clawing at the hard floor. "Ash? Is that you? Are you okay?" his voice wavered slightly, like Kyria's did. He cleared his throat. Was he worrying about her? He needed her to escape with, so the least he could hope for was for her to be okay. He reached out to her, grabbing her hand. He found that it was shaking and trembling. "What's wrong?" He rasped.

"I-I can't see. Is that you, Sy? God, please tell me it is. I can't see. At all. I can't see anything," she muttered, her eyes wide and frightened. "I think I'm.... blind," she whispered, feeling her throat choke up. That was one thing she would not allow herself. She would not allow herself to cry. She shook uncontrollably. "Are you okay? Is Kyria okay? I suppose I'll never get out of here now. Ever," she said, a tear falling involuntarily from her eye and sliding down her cheek. She angrily wiped it away, turning her head. She put her head to her knees. She couldn't believe this was happening... she was breaking down over something like this? She needed to get a hold of herself.

Sy was shocked, he didn't know what to say. Ash? Completely blind? That was horrible! Sy himself could only make out a little part of anything, but he assumed that it would clear up. Ash, on the other hand, could not see anything, and he had no idea how long until it would wear off, if ever. He scooted a little closer to her to try and make her feel better...which was strange, since Sy was not usually someone who would do that sort of thing. But now that he had been with Ash and Kyria for a while, he felt for them...much more than he ever thought he would. He held her in his arms and hinched over her, like he was protecting her froma any scientists that would come near.

"We're fine, I can't see all that well and Kyria is having some problems, but I think we'll be okay." tears fell from his face. He was not sure if it was from the drops or if they were real. "You'll be okay. Even if you are blind, we will still..." he jerked his head up and looked to make sure there was no one else around. "...we will still get out." he whispered to her. "And you and I and Kyria will never be treated like this again. We can leave all this behind." He swallowed. Though he tried to make Ash feel better, he was not entirely certain about his words. Would they still be able to get out if Ash was blind?

"You know you have a better chance if I don't go. You know that's true. I'll slow you down. I can't see a thing. I'd be a hindrance," Ash said, her jaw locking tight. "You'll have no chance of escaping if I come with you. You'll have to leave me behind. I don't care, as long as you two get out," she murmured, still shaking. She did not move away as Sy comforted her, if anything she welcomed this. It was nice to have someone there for her. Ash felt strange inside. It was as if someone had taken all of the protective walls she had built around herself and wiped them away. She wanted them back, the wanted to be the cocky teenager she had been before. Now she could only hold onto those memories, hoping by some slim margin that her vision would come back, even though the likelihood of such a thing was so low.

Skyla looked over and saw Sy talking to Kyria and Ash. "Probably talking about leaving this place." she thought bitterly. She was sitting in the waiting area, holding her head in her hands when she was suddenly yanked from her chair and thrown into a metal chair. She ignored the chaos around her for now, not wanting to see what side-effects came with today's experiment. A man pulled her head back by her hair and dropped eye drops in her eyes. She screamed and fell to the ground, her eyes burning. She felt something warm dripping off her face and into her mouth, and knew instantly that her nose was bleeding. She opened her eyes, but saw nothing besides blackness. Her eyes still burned and her nose was still bleeding. She screamed and curled into a ball on the floor, her whole body shaking from fright. "What if I stay blind?" she thought, still letting out blood-curdling screams. She stopped screaming for a second, and then passed out.

Edited by angelkay

Kyria nodded, swallowing. Something in her throat seemed to choke her up, and she shivered. It was so different. These emotions swirling inside of her. Watching as Sy comforted Ash, she made her way over, attempting and failing to stand, the resorting to sliding along on her knees. She heard a piece of their conversation. I was right... "We're not going to leave you behind." Her voice was low, albeit hard. A tiny shake was attached to the tone of her comment. She was on her knees, next to Ash. "You'll be okay." This girl, even though not really her friend, had persuaded her to not commit suicide. Awkwardly, she reached forward, and patted the foot closest to her. This was the first time she'd attempted anything like this.

Sy's eyes widened as he heard the screams of Skyla as she also received the horrible, acidic drops in her eyes. He winced as she screamed out like he did and, what was even more horrifying, she suddenly stopped. We can't stay here, not with these types of things happening. He brushed a strand of Ash's hair out of her face.

"Kyria's right," the words barely came out of his gritted teeth. "We're not going to leave you behind. Even if you are blind, you're getting out of here." He swallowed. He held Ash closer to him. It was almost like she was becoming a sister to him. He looked up at Kyria as he barely made out that she was trying to comfort Ash, too. Maybe she's finally opening up... He then looked back at Ash. And maybe I am as well.

Ash dipped her head, leaning into Sy. She was just barely aware of the touch on her foot. Kyria? Ash gritted her teeth. Ash needed to buck up. Lifting her chin, Ash took deep breaths. She would do this. She would get out of here. She would show everybody that even a blind kid could do it. She nodded.

"I'm going to do it. I don't care who thinks I won't, because I will. I'll get out of here. Sy, I want you to read the plans to me at some point. Only I can be sure of what I can and can't do. Okay?" she asked, whispering in a very hushed voice.

Sy sighed in relief. He was glad that Ash chose to come with them. No matter how hard it was, or how long it would take, Sy would get her out one way or another. He rubbed at his eyes, which still stung and blurred.

"Yeah," he whispered back. "I'll read you the plans sometime." His eyes flicked between Ash and Kyria. Now that most of the pain was over for him, he felt like he had a lucky experiment. Ash had gone blind, Skyla passed out and Kyria could barely move. Though Sy's vision was still blurred, he was confident that it would return. "Kyria, are you okay? Can you move? We need to lead Ash out of here."

Skyla groaned and opened her eyes, which she could now see out of, but everything was extremely blurry. She slowly sat up and moved her hand to her face, which was covered in dry blood from her nose. She blinked her eyes, her vision slowly getting better with each passing minute.

"How in the hell did my nose bleed from eye drops?" Skyla whispered, turning her head in the direction that she heard people talking. Three blurry figures were sitting together, talking. Skyla strained to hear them.

"Kyria, are you okay? Can you move? We need to lead Ash out of here." she heard one of the figures say.

"Ughh. It's the ditchers." Skyla thought bitterly.

Kyria watched, silent as Ash decided to come with them. Good. Nodding slightly, her pale gaze went over to Sy again as he questioned her. Glancing down at her legs, she winced. The muscles twitched every now and then of their own accord, and rippled. "I don't know..." Refraining from biting her lip, she tried to get up. Once she stumbled, but on the second try she was balanced upon slightly shaky legs. Nodding toward Sy, she sent a look around. The blonde was the only person who could see properly. Sy wasn't in as much pain as her, but he couldn't see. She didn't really know which was the bigger handicap.

The lady with the clipboard was back and she grabbed Kit, pulling her along. "I swear, these kids get peskier every day. Next thing you know, they'll all be escaping on us." She muttered. "We're going to put some eye drops in okay?"

Kit started crying. "I don't wanna. I don't wanna! I don't wanna do it!" The lady sighed, pushed her head back and dripped a drop of sticky liquid into both eyes. Kit's head jerked up. "It burns! It burns." She moaned. Tears streaked down her face from her eyes. Everything turned black and tears kept running out. "I can't seeeeeeee." She wailed. Suddenly, the blackness fell away in patches as Kit blinked away the last tears. Then there was nothing wrong.

The lady picked up her clipboard. "What happened?" Kit glared. "Nothing. I can see the same." The lady scribbled again. "Nothing at all?" She looked at Kit suspiciously. Kit hopped up "Noo!" And raced back to the door. This way she had a quick escape route and she could watch everyone else.

Ash sighed, pressing her body against the wall. Her hands felt it, pulling herself up. She staggered slightly, feeling her way to the doors. Once she got there, she gripped one tightly, pushing it open, and realized now she was stuck. She had no walls to lean onto and feel. Hoping that either Sy or Kyria had come with her, she stopped. Where was she? She hoped she was in the cafeteria. Just now she couldn't remember the exact layout of the orphanage. Sighing, Ash lifted her hand to her mouth, chewing on one of her nails. Being blind in this nightmare would be hard.

((Kyria isn't a very caring person... It would be better if Sy helped her? Bump.))

((Huh? Wha-? Oh, yeah.))

Sy was in a tight spot. He was caught between someone who could barely move and someone who could not see, while he himself could only see a little. Stumbling, he made his way over to Ash, grabbing her by the arm. He winced, rubbed his eyes, then looked around the room. He could only make out where the windows were and not much else.

"Kyria, we need you to help us." He groaned. The pain was starting to come back to him. His eyes began to become wet again and he started to flail his other arm, hoping that Kyria would be on the other side of it. Maybe she can't move over here? he thought. "Just wait here a second." he whispered to Ash, hoping that she would be okay. He went back for Kyria, missing the doorway completely and walking into the wall. Hopefully no one saw that. He growled. Being more careful this time, he slowly came back into the experiment room and reached out to Kyria. "I need you to tell us where to go. Can you walk or do I need to carry you a bit?" instantly, he shot a look around the room. Offering to help people was..strange. But these people were different. And besides, he needed to find his way, too.