AmberEmber

The Franklin Hayne Orphanage

"Okay." Kit agreed. "Help is good. I will direct the action."

"Okay." Kit lifted Chip's right arm again. "Doll and Rocket, can you prop him up a bit so he can balance on his feet? Like super strong human crutches."

She stood again surveying the scene. "Now if he gets balanced between you two enough, I can throw the chair at the doctor and we can all go to the bedrooms." She prodded at one of Chip's legs.

"Can you feel it?" Kit asked. "Can you put any weight on it at all?"

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

Doll placed her shoulder beneath the arm that Kit had just been holding and began to lift a little. She waited patiently for Rocket to begin to lift the other side so that they could get Chip all the way up. She suddenly felt useful, not like the little wall flower that she normally was. It was nice to feel like she had a purpose in here, even if it was as a human crutch.

Chip, although grateful for the amount of attention and help he was getting, was starting to feel a little nervous again. His legs were still numb (annoyingly enough), and Kit taking control of the whole situation had suddenly stopped his sense of pride in her. Even though she could hold on to the optimism that he usually gave to others, it was strange to see her acting so much like an adult. He hoped that this wouldn't grow into a habit of hers for another couple of years. She could at least enjoy her youth for a little bit.

Chip looked down and prepared to wince in pain when he saw Kit's foot about to make contact with his leg. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He watched as her foot hit him, but he didn't feel a thing. "I didn't feel that at all," Chip said. He used his free hand to maneuver his legs beneath him until he knew they were in a position to carry most of his weight. "I'm ready to go whenever you guys are."

((Oh I love Sy, he's just so different from the characters I play in other RPs.))

Sy sat in the corner of the restroom, hunched up in a ball, staring at the ground. He was trying not to cry, it was too unlike him. He was powerful, angry, fierce, but now he felt weak and little. He made choked noise and thought about what had happened. Get over yourself! You weren't even 'together' with her! Your relationship lasted what, one minute? Two? And now you're crying in the corner like a little kid? He gritted his teeth and looked around the room. He got up and walked over to the sink and stared at himself through the mirror. You. Pathetic. You're better than the whole lot of them and you let this one girl tear you down? You're crazy. Your mood swings are getting worse. You're breaking down. One more year and that's it. And it's not going to be the staff that kill you, it's going to be yourself. He gripped the sides of the sink, his knuckles turning white from anger. And how are you going to kill yourself? By something like this. You get all hyped up and then you tear yourself down. Grow up!

"Shut up! Get out of here!" He yelled at the image in the mirror. It stared at him, mocking him. He noticed a teardrop rolling down his face. Look at you! Now you're crying. You. Are. Pathetic! With that he yelled at the image in the mirror and smashed it with his fist. He kept pounding at it, shards flying out in all directions. The mirror now had multiple holes in it and large cracks in it. He looked at his fist and noticed that it was bleeding, heavily. He collapsed to the ground, his hands clutched to his face, crying. He stayed there for a while, hating the voice that mocked him.

He eventually stopped and wiped his eyes. He got up, took a deep breath, and walked out of the restroom. He had to find Kyria. Whether he liked it or not, he had to track her down and talk to her. It was the only thing to do. He walked back to the experimentation room, where he saw Ash sitting on the floor. He paused for a minute before walking over to her.

"I-" he tried to make eye contact with her, but he found himself too weak to do so. "I'm sorry for yelling at you."

((Yeah, I like Sy. He's a complex character.))

"Hey, it's okay. I would've done the same thing. Not show weakness, y'know? And trust me, I can take a few people yelling at me," she grinned, standing up. She studied his face for a moment. "You're going to have to talk to her, you know. And it might help if you told her how you felt about her. You clearly feel something," she said, leaning up against the wall, her face serious now. Her green eye noticed his bleeding fists. She sighed, looking up at him with her arms crossed. What had he done now? "You have shards of glass in your fists. What'd you do now?" she asked, her eyes amused. Was it a habit of his to get himself injured?

((I have to agree.))

Kyria sighed - for the first time in her life, she was bored. Tho-Those people had done this to her. Talking was somewhat more interesting than staring into space, dreaming about things that could never happen... A sudden crashing coming from somewhere near her headboard made her roll her eyes. The building's walls weren't exactly soundproof, and everything; even sounds from the boy's bathroom which had the barrier of the girl's bathroom in-between it made their way in if it was really loud. The crashing reminded her of the piece of glass. Looking down at her pale, unscathed wrists, she wondered what it would be like to strike into them with a sharp object. Probably painful. The blonde mused over her life at the orphanage - if you could call it a life.

Every day she fought. Every day she sunk deeper into depression. Every day she wondered if life was even worth living.

Well, was it worth living? Not really. But why live this horrible life any longer, when she could be peacefully dead? Bringing up her wrists again, Kyria pushed out her bottom lip in thought. And there was also the problem of Sy. He wouldn't suffer more, either. Her hand reached down to the floor, grasping the piece of jagged glass carefully. Her pale green eyes stared at it for a minute, almost sadly. Her face was starting to show signs of regret; sadness. Within a blink, they disappeared. She'd die with dignity. If it worked. Taking the glass in her left hand, she held it in line with her wrist. Wanting to close her eyes, she made a quick, deep swipe across the veins that could be seen. Nothing happened for a moment. Frowning, Kyria looked at it more intently.

And that's when she regretted it.

The blood started to spew out, over the grey covers on her bed. Clapping a hand over the cut, she kept back the scream she so badly wanted to let out. The pain... Oh, the pain... Allowing herself a silent scream, she looked down in horror as a sticky warmth flowed over her fingers. She hadn't expected this much blood. Maybe the vaccine had caused excessive bleeding. Closing her eyes, she bit back on her lip, the first tear she'd ever cried escaping at the pain. Shaking her head to make it fly away, the teenager curled her wrist into her stomach, shaking with the pain. N-no-one must see her like this... Alas, she couldn't concentrate enough to move away or cut into her other wrist. Sitting there, with fresh bloodstains on her blanket, Kyria waited for the darkness to take her away.

((I have to say, Kyria is also much, much different from any character I've ever roleplayed. She's so depressed... Oh, and I'd just like to note that I'm not planning on her dying.))

Edited by Chicogal

Ash walked over to the sleeping quarters. She wanted to see if Kyria was okay. Sy was... for the most part. She hoped Kyria wasn't braking down too. That would be rather awkward. She opened the door, stepping inside and looking for Kyria's bunk. Then she saw the blood. So much blood. Dripping everywhere. Pouring out of Kyria. Ash ran over to her, noting the piece of glass on the bed. "What did you do? Please tell me you didn't do this yourself," she said, grimacing as she tore sheets from another bunk into strips of fabric. She pulled Kyria's arm, trying to get her to give Ash her wrist. Ash started to wrap the cut, biting her lip. "Kyria, we've got to get you to the staff. They're the only ones who can help. I hate them as much as you, but they can save you. They have to." Ash started trying to yank Kyria off the bed, hoping she would follow her and not let herself bleed out.

Kyria let out a breath as the peaceful darkness started creeping in. Ah, it was here. To take her away from this painful reality... Her pale green eyes fluttered open as footsteps could be heard. It was Ash. The other teenager wrapped her wrist up, and a low growl started in her throat. 'Leave me.' As she started to pull her, the pale teenager pushed her away, falling back on the bloody bunk. 'Over my dead body. Which may be a reality,' she said, quite forcefully. Yanking her arm away, she tried to unwrap the bindings - to no avail, as her hands were shaking. 'And to answer your previous question - I did do it.' The darkness was creeping in, like a dangerous shadow preparing to pounce onto her life and drag it away. 'It'll benefit everyone. I won't suffer, and Sy will be able to forget about me. Kids won't have to see me fight every day.'

"Don't you get it? We are the people that are important. Not the people who try to shield the children from reality. We are the people that inspire those kids, that let them know there is hope, there is a chance we could overpower the staff. We do not shield the children, we fight for them. And don't you know? Sy likes you. He really does. That's why he was so upset. He still does. Think about what it will do to him when I have to tell him that you're dead. Death is not the way out, Kyria! You will die in this place. You will die and you will die without a grave, without anybody to remember you but me and Sy. Don't you understand? Chip is not creating the future. He is shielding the children from reality. He is creating weak children. We are creating the future. We are showing them what they are up against. We are warning them. We are their future. We are our future," Ash shouted, pulling harder with most of her strength. She just hoped the hours of exercise would pay off.

Kyria looked up at her with hate brewing in her pale green eyes as she tugged on her arm. 'At least they're alive,' she whispered. 'At least they aren't hurt, they believe in helping eachother.' She shook her head. She was beginning to sound weak. 'Anyway. Everyone is important. We aren't the only people here. Chip is doing what he believes is right.' There was a slightly threatening undertone. Finally letting herself go limp, the blonde let her drag her across the floor. 'I'm not accepting help,' she said, bitterly. 'As I said before, I'd rather die than accept help from them.' Deciding that it wasn't worth it to fight anymore, Kyria buttoned her mouth closed, and glared up at Ash with lifeless green eyes. Who did this girl think she was?

((Chicogal, do you actually want Kyria to die? Just wondering. ))

"Look, I care nothing about you. I really don't care if you die. But other people do and those are the people I'm speaking for. You've already broken Sy's heart, why do it again in a more painful way? He'll probably blame himself. Is that what you want? You're being selfish. Think about the people around you. Now here I was thinking that you were strong, not like all the other girls. But here you're showing me you have no strength. You can't make it through this. You're too weak. You just want to die because you can't take it. You can't handle suffering. Because you're weak," Ash fumed, spitting the words out at this girl. Maybe it would rile her, maybe she would try to prove she was not weak. The only thing Ash could think to do was to bring her to Sy. Maybe Sy could make her get help. Ash dragged her out of the room, into the hallway. "SY? Sy! You know what Kyria? Fine. I won't let them touch you. I'll get one of the orphans to stitch you up with no painkiller, no nothing. Let them stop your bleeding. Just don't die. Please. Don't be stupid. I'll get us out of here. I'll find a way. Just don't die."

((Nope. I like drama. xd.png))

Kyria narrowed her eyes. That...That had hurt. Somewhere deep down, it had hurt her badly. 'I'm not weak, you, you~' She stopped herself from swearing, remembering the smaller children that also lived there. Punching her arm with her other weakening hand - it wasn't that much of a punch, really - the blonde tugged her arm away, and struggled to stand. Her legs shook, but the older teenager jerked up her chin arrogantly. 'Fine, then. Take me to them. They'll probably give me some poison, anyway.' The last sentence was said in an undertone. Ignoring the strange looks she was probably getting, Kyria narrowed her eyes at the blood seeping out of the makeshift bandage. The comforting darkness was beginning to creep in further into her vision, making her quite suddenly light-headed and tired. 'Let's go. But remember, I'm only doing it for Sy.'

Edited by Chicogal

Ash smiled. "Of course. I'm not stupid enough to think you're doing it for me. Do you honestly think I'm doing this for you? I don't want to have to clean up your mess. Not your bloody mess, your emotional mess. In other words, Sy." She rushed over to room #5, the room no child had ever been in. She pounded on the door, hoping someone was in. A staff member with pale blue eyes opened the door, blocking the entrance with his body. "She needs help. She's dying. Get somebody who can help. Now," she commanded, her eyes thin slits. The man rushed over to Kyria, examining the bandage.

"I can help. I'm the doctor here. Did she do this to herself? She's lost a lot of blood. I'll take her now."

"I'm going with her. You can do an extra test on me for punishment, I don't care. I want to make sure you don't try anything."

Edited by Packgoater

Kyria pursed her lips at 'Sy.' She sighed at the thought of him. He'd probably be in a panic, seeing the blood spurting out from her wound and such. Her pale eyes tried to see into the staff room as a man opened the door but it was to no avail. He was blocking it fully, and she sighed again. Trying to prevent herself from punching the man between the eyes, the blonde squirmed a little, uncomfortable with the fact that one of the people who seemed to enjoy hurting them was touching her wound. 'I did it myself,' she said, her tone blank. 'I can speak, you know. I'm not dumb, whatever you people may think.' Leaving it at that, Kyria narrowed her eyes as he mentioned taking her. Glancing back at Ash, she was relieved when she said she was going with her. It was only because she wanted her to help them escape, but it was good. Perhaps one day, with a lot of time, they could become fri- No. People hurt you, she'd told herself enough times. Which was why she barely ever talked; though today seemed different. Tomorrow it would probably be back to normal routine, with them having lost interest in her...

"Very well. I'm sure the boss won't complain about an extra test for you. Now anyway, there is a small area in room 2 where I can treat you, unit 606. All right, let's take you in," he muttered, not bothering to make eye contact. Ash followed him as he opened the door into chaos. She glanced at Kyria. Maybe one day they could be friends. If they lived normal lives, they probably would be. Here it was so hard to grow to trust people. No matter if Kyria liked it or not, these two teenagers were part of her group now. They would be the people she talked with. They would be the people she sat with. No matter if they were one or two years older than her, it wasn't that large an age difference. In one of the corners there was some medical equipment. The man pulled a needle and some thread out of a box. He showed the girls the needle and thread, letting them know that was all it was. He then took out a pill, showing them the container. "It helps control blood flow." He handed the pill to Kyria, his eyes slightly wary. Ash cracked her knuckles, a warning clearly behind the movement.

Kyria walked in, eyes darting around the room to see if any hidden axe-murderers were waiting fo them. You never knew what they were hiding! Glaring at the needle and thread - for she knew what was to come - the blonde looked over the pill carefully. Well, if it killed her it would be okay. She didn't really care. Not even bothering to ask for a glass of water to make it easy, she popped it into her mouth, and swallowed it. The pill stuck slightly, and she had to swallow hard to get it to go down. Once it had gone, she looked at the man expectantly, and slowly held out her arm. It couldn't hurt much more than the actual wound - could it? Anyhow, Kyria wouldn't care. Internal bleeding hurt like hell - this couldn't be much worse than that.

Ash smiled with relief as she noticed the blood slowing. The man took the needle, threaded it, and started to sew Kyria's arm together. Ash grimaced. She'd gotten stitches here a few times before. She knew it hurt. Ash looked at Kyria. She saw why Sy liked her. Kyria was very pretty, her hair such a pretty color. I was pretty-once. I had pretty hair-once. Ash still was pretty, though not how she once was. Her hair was red, most likely never to grow back black. One of her eyes was pale blue from being blind, her body was battered with scars and bruises from various instances. She still had her porcelain skin and doll-like delicate frame. She still had a bright green eye. She was not as bad as she could be. Still, she could not help but look at Kyria with longing.

Kyria nodded with satisfaction as the blood flow slowed down. Wincing as the man started to sew, she watched him carefully, lest he slip in a drop of poison while she wasn't concentrating. It didn't hurt as much as the wound had when she had cut it. It really wasn't too bad; and it also helped that she'd desensitized herself. In her peripheral vision, the blonde noticed Ash looking at her. It made her slightly... nervous. First Sy, now her! Ugh. It was like 'Opposite Day' today. She was the starer, not them! It almost made her feel out of place; like she'd lost her identity.

The man snipped the thread, his sewing done. He glared at the two girls, clearly telling them to go. Ash sighed, walking back out of the chaotic room. It seemed it was break time, though Ash doubted that most orphans would be in the condition to leave the experiment room. Ash couldn't help but wonder if there would be another testing session. They had a lot of blood and stuff to clean up, it was sure to keep them busy for awhile. She glanced at the children, lying in pools of blood. She noticed several of them would not be getting up again. This vaccine had killed. This was easily one of the worst tests she could remember... besides the one that had made her blind in one eye. This was totally opposite of her. Normally she would say it was like any other day, children die all the time. This time she felt something, some guilt, some regret as she saw the faces, remembered the names. Recognized those she had bullied. Recognized those few she had once protected. The faces that would never show any emotion again. They had probably choked on blood and the staff didn't know or care to. She would never forget those faces. She would never forget the lifeless way they stared. Those faces would haunt her until she died. Who knew when that would be? She probably wouldn't have to wait that long.

((Aha! Caught up with you!))

Mouse sniffled in Skylas arms, she buried her face in her shoulder and pretended for just a second that it was her mother comforting her, though Mouse had never known her real mother. She looked up when she heard Kyria come in, and watched with huge, round eyes as the following bloody drama unfolded.

When both Kyria and Ash had left she blinked in surprise. Was she weak as Ash had suggested? Mouse took a mental look at herself, she was too terrified of the adults to even voice her displeasure, she never fought back and she was currently sitting on the cold floor crying. I suppose I am weak, she thought.

Mouses eyebrows knit together with displeasure and she squirmed her way out of Skylas arms. She shoved the book under her pillow, scooped Boon up from where he was sniffing around by the door and scurried off to watch Kyria get mended, passing the 'human crutches group' on her way.

Mouse wasn't going to let herself get to Kyria situation where killing herself seemed like a good idea, but she defiantly wasn't going to act like everything was alright and just soldier on without doing anything about it. She wanted out, but she couldn't manage it alone.

((Sorry guys, haven't posted in a while. Kinda got lost. But now I think I've caught up. xd.png))

Skyla was surprised when Mouse squirmed her way out of her arms and ran out the door. Skyla got up a few minutes later and ran towards the experiment room. She was busy reading to Mouse that she forgot about everyone in the other room. She felt terrible. She was in there reading to Mouse and acting as if everything was okay while everyone else was in the experimenting room, trying to save people's lives.

When Skyla ran into the room, she froze. People were lying in puddles of blood, and would not be coming back to the bedroom tonight to sleep. They had not survived the vaccine. She wandered around the room aimlessly and looked at all the poor people. One of those people could have been her.

Rocket looked over at Doll. She’d been quietly watching the situation, but now she’d offered to help. It was a good thing too, Kitten wouldn’t be too much help carrying Chip, however much she wished she was. But Kitten could possibly have a point? Could she, the oh-so-amazing-Rocket Rose carry Chip alone? Rocket took a quick look at her arms. She wasn’t sure. Was she strong? Her arms were mostly muscle, but that was probably because she actually didn’t have any fat. She never really hit anyone either, so she couldn’t really use her punches for measurement. She preferred screaming, and occasionally throwing whatever she was holding.

It didn’t matter anyways. Doll was helping, so Chip would probably be really easy. She looked at him. Was he really that skinny? She hadn’t noticed before. He really had to stop giving away his food. Hypocritical much, Rose? She did the same. Not quite as much though. She did make sure she had at least some food. Rocket went over to Chip and put his arm around her shoulder, lifting a little.

"Now if he gets balanced between you two enough, I can throw the chair at the doctor and we can all go to the bedrooms." Kitten said, continuing with her grown up and kind, but bossy, moment. Six seemed so young to be trying to take over anything. Jax would probably have a panic attack... Rocket mused. Finally something positive with the way her mind kept bouncing of track. She could never focus on something long enough to completely panic like Jax always seemed to be able to. Rocket discreetly shook her head at herself. Jax was gone now. She was Jax now. She had to stop looking at other people for advice.

“Well, I’m ready. Ready Doll?” Rocket asked. Chip still couldn’t feel his legs, and Kyria and Ash had rushed passed them, soon followed by Mouse, though the little girl wasn’t in quite as much of a hurry. What was wrong? Chip’s head had been in her way, so she hadn’t been able to see them properly. More drama?

"I'm ready," Doll replied. She could already feel a bit of Chip's weight on her shoulders, but it wasn't much. With Rocket on the other side, she knew that the job wasn't going to be that difficult. It wasn't like they were going to be dragging him a few miles or anything. She began to take a few steps forward.

"I'm ready, too," Chip said. He looked down again to make doubly sure that his legs were beneath him and not off helter skelter. They looked fine to him, so he turned his gaze forward and waited for the dragging to begin. He saw more than felt Doll start to drag him forward. Well, that was a very odd sensation.

((Wow so much just happened...))

Sy smiled a little at Ash as she walked away. He had always liked her too. Well, maybe not 'liked', but at least he would never prank her. He glanced at his fists after she pointed them out. Instead of giving her a response, he just stared at them. They were bleeding, but it felt...good. Almost like they were getting stronger as the blood flowed. He stopped staring at them and began to think about what she had said. You're going to have to talk to her, He sighed. Of course he would, but it was much easier said than done. He paced over to the door leading to the sleepinf quarters but he stopped. His bloody hand was outstretched, reaching for the handle, but he could not find himself opening it. It was as though there was some sort of barrier between his hand and the door. He sighed again and leant up against the wall. He took a few deep breaths and looked at the roof. He could not face his demons, he just could not do it. Maybe I am weak... The voice came back to him. No! Of course I'm not! I'll show you! He gritted his teeth and marched through the door, searching for Kyria. He could not find her, though, and he began to panic. He felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. Wha-? Where-? He walked over to her bed, where he noticed that there was something wrong. Something very wrong. Blood. Everywhere. His jaw dropped in shock. N-No! What has she done? He stared at it in shock, he could not comprehend what had happened. Wh-What-? I-Is this because of what I did?

"SY? Sy!" He heard Ash's voice come from the hallway. Without hesitating he burst through the door, only catching a glimse of the door to the experimentation room closing. He raced over and his eyes widened at the scene before him.

"Oh-oh god!" He stuttered. He tried to call out to Kyria but no words came to him. Instead he just had his mouth open in shock and he dropped to his knees. He put his hand over his mouth, his eyes taking in the horrible world around him. It's my fault! It's all my fault!

((I know. I was bored and Chicogal was online.... ))

Ash walked over to Sy, her eyes slightly showing relief. "Sy... it's okay. It was really hard, but I finally convinced Kyria NOT to let herself bleed out. I happened to have two fairly good arguments... Anyway, I think she'll be okay. The doc gave her some meds to help slow the blood flow and she's sewed up now. I just hope she doesn't try that again," she said, coming over to Sy and sitting beside him. "And I don't CARE what you think. It. Was. Not. Your. Fault," she stated, narrowing her eyes. Of COURSE he blamed himself. He was one of those people... Ash supposed she was too. If Kyria had died, Ash would've blamed herself. But Kyria hadn't died. And Kyria wouldn't die. Ash knew it. Ash would NOT let Kyria die.

Sy let Ash's words sink in. He did not fully believe them, but he appriciated her trying to comfort him.

"I---should have never got involved..." He kept staring at Kyria. "I didn't mean to threaten her...I just--" He moved his shaking hands slowly up, so he was now clutching his head, eyes hidden by fingers but still seeing Kyria. "-Maybe if I could control my freaking emotions!" He pounded his fist on the ground, sending a wave of pain through his hand. He cried out in agony and pulled it in to his chest, like Kyria had done when she cut herself. He did not care if he now looked weak in front of Ash, becuase he realised that someone who is strong does not try to hide his weaknesses. Someone who is strong keeps them open and deals with them. He glanced at Ash. "Tell...tell her that I'm sorry..." he said. "No! Help me...take me over to her...I have to tell her myself."