lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

Iso sighed, and disappeared into the store.

"Mrrrr!" she growled, hiding in the clothing stands.

Zsalin sighed and leaned against a wall, his arms crossed, the staff resting in the crook of one arm. From watching women in stores before, he had a feeling that this would take awhile. Unless Iso found something immediately that she liked, she was going to pick through every piece in this store, and still not find anything she liked. If she was going to take hours, he knew that eventually he'll get agitated to the point that he'll just rip something off a shelf and throw it at her. "This'll be fun..." he muttered sarcastically under his breath.

She looked for something open-backed, and she found something... incredibly ugly. Iso put it back immediately. Someone offered to help and she blushed and nodded yes.

Zsalin yawned, shaking his head. Indeed, this will take forever. He closed his eyes, his chin resting on his chest, his mind wandering elsewhere. There were so many species he could smell- a single whiff of air told him hundreds of different people were around in this city. Humans mostly, but there were a few elves, half elves, and some other mix-match characters. A sudden frown creased his lips as he took another sniff. From where he stood, there was a faint smell of a vampire in the air- although it was a few days old since it came within this district. Still, it was most likely still within the city, just in a farther part of it, with less people. No matter, there were a few other strangers such as shifters and a harpy that shouldn't even be near the city as well. All probably just trying to find some food or passing by. "Hmmm..." His body slid down to sit on the floor, his eyes still closed. He might as well take a nap while he was here.

Iso finally came out in a seafoam dress, sleeveless and open-backed with a corset like midpeice. "There? Happy? Burning up in all this..." she complained.

Zsalin opened one eye, and grunted. "How can you burn up? It has no sleeves." With a sigh, he pulled himself up. "It's an improvement. Guess I'll be paying for it." He turned to the storekeeper, who nodded and told him the price, which made the priest snort. "I expected it'd to be pricy..." Shaking his head, he reached inside his robes, pulling out a small leather bag and tossing it at the man. "Um...excuse me...but...what's this?" the man said after opening the bag and pulled out some coins. They were...well... tiny, no bigger than a fingernail and about the same width. Zsalin raised an eyebrow. "What? Have I traveled west so much that no one recognizes Sxato coins? They're all over the place!"

"I'm sorry, but-"

"Bah, Kvrath!" Zsalin spat out, before be began railing at the storekeeper in a rather unusual, tongue-twisting language. The poor human didn't even know what to do, besides stand there, his eyes on Iso, as if pleading for help.

"I'm sorry!" Iso snatched a coin, closing her eyes. "They're a gold copper alloy, perhaps I could exchange currency, or maybe trade you a task, we're both magic weilders!" she blurted, elbowing Zsalin.

The man sighed, as if relieved that Iso came to save him. "Well, there's a coin exchange near the temples in the middle of the city. I'll take the item you wish to buy and reserve it until you get back." He gave the priest a sideways glance, but Zsalin had his arms crossed, positively sulking about the fact that his money was pretty much useless, the charms on his staff clinking together as if trying to comfort him.

Iso sighed, and handed back the dress to the man, her other clothes undreneath.

"Thank you, you are very kind, sir." She said, and pulled Zsalin, glaring at him.

The man took the clothes, nodding to them as Iso dragged Zsalin out the door. "No need to give me that dirty look. How was I suppose to know those coins were bad? Not my fault I lived five countries and twenty-six kingdoms away..." he grumbled, the charms clinking together as he walked, still pouting.

"I have a right to throw a fit!" Zsalin snapped, glaring at Iso. "You'll find out when we get there..." The streets were getting wider, more crowded with people as the buildings got fancier, more important. The temples seemed huge compared to in the distance, but getting anywhere would be tricky- the street was jammed full of people. This was the main square for markets, and there were a lot of them. "Perfect..." the priest growled, hiding one hand which started to creep up scales in the folds of his robes. "It's like a giant party that no one wants to leave."

Zsalin shrugged, the charms clinking on his staff. "No matter, come on." He grabbed Iso's wrist, his hand back to normal as he pushed through the crowd, dragging her along. It took a lot of pushing and weaving through people until they got near the temples- and the coin exchange. It was right near one of the large stone stairs, a long table with a dozen of people talking to others and changing in coins. "Found it," the priest said with a grumble, but made no move towards it. He didn't want to change in his coins- he liked them.

"Zsalin, if you don't want to buy it, I'm perfectly capable of wearing the clothes I have now... I didn't know it would be this much trouble..." she sighed, and crossed her arms.

Zsalin made a face, but he couldn't let Iso go around wearing what she was wearing now. Gritting his teeth, he marched over to a free person at the table and dropped the bag in front of the lady, who blinked, surprised. "Can you exchange this?"

The woman took the bag, pulling out a coin and examining it closely. "Yes...I believe so..." She took the bag to a scale, weighing it and marking something down. "This'll be enough," she said, setting a small bag on the table. Zsalin picked it up and opened it. "Silvers? Is that good?" He held the bag towards Iso, wondering if it was or not.

The woman smiled at Iso. "Those coins are rare around here. I haven't seen one since I came back from the east. No one uses them from here on westward."

Zsalin frowned at that. "Well, in that case... can you exchange all this as well?" he asked, suddenly pulling out small bags of coins from all over inside his robes. There were over twenty of them when he slowed down, rummaging through his pockets. "I think there's more...hang on..."

"Keep SOME, Zsalin!" Iso scolded, and ran a hand through her braids. She was abit surprised with the load of coins, but not too surprised. She had seen the dragon's cave.

"Oh alright!" Zsalin heaved a sigh, taking back about a third of the coins- to the relief of the woman who began examining each bag, weighing, and replacing them with silver coins. "Seriously, can't anyone make up their mind? I don't do something, I get yelled at, but if I do it a certain way, I get yelled at." He pouted slightly, taking the new coin bags and hording them inside his robes again.

The priest humphed, but didn't reply. "Thanks, now we're going." He nodded at the lady, who slumped down into a chair, relieved that the annoyance was gone as Zsalin grabbed Iso's hand again, begining to drag her away. "Now... to get out of this crowd before a priest sees me..."

"Why are you so worried all the time? I'm a freak and no one notices me!" She whined.

"That's because you smell normal!" Zsalin replied hastily, pushing through the crowds. "I smell like what my species smell like and-" His eyes snapped to a stray dog that had started growling at him, and he snarled back, scaring the dog and causing it to scamper away. "Even animals can sniff me out. Anyone with a brain will be tipped off if their favored creature began going mad at a particular person."