lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

Iso blushed and removed her cloak, folded it up into her arms, and stretched her wings out.

Henia's eyes widened, and she stepped forward, examining the wings. "Interesting...such an odd texture and color..." She examined it closely, rubbing her chin as she eyed the wings thoughtfully. "Could be a strange manipulation with magic after birth...or a strange mutation of a hybrid type...interesting..."

"The orb? Hmmm..." her eyes went from the wings to the orb, eyeing it. "It's a more northern type, yet has a southwestern feel to it. Perhaps a blend- a desert in the northwest past the mountains that runs southward." Henia merely shrugged her shoulders, her white wings rustling. "What do you think, Jorbin?"

The older priest glanced up from his seat on the edge of the bed, and frowned. "Who knows? It sounds plausible, but there's no known magic wielders in that desert, though." He looked back down, before smiling again. "You're friend's out cold asleep. Doesn't seem like he's worried about this."

"But I came from a mountainous region... with cave-dwelling dragons..." She huffed, then stretched out her wings more. "Zsalin's going to be alright, right?" Iso asked.

"You were kidnapped, right? Anything could happen with the months that you were gone. Or that you weren't native to your 'home' to begin with, but rather taken there but you never remembered it." The angel fell silent, lost in thought. Jorbin smiled up at Iso and nodded. "He will be; he just needs rest." He took the staff from the angel and set it against the wall beside the bed. "A strange staff with a strange man, and a strange woman with a strange past...a wonderful grouping, isn't it?"

"My father was kidnapped ten months before my arrival... he thinks I'm his... or at least that's what he told the teachers before dropping me off at the school." She sighed.

"School?" Henia cocked her head. "Hmmm... Perhaps it's not the father, but rather the mother that you should be explaining about..." She scratched her chin in thought, her wings ruffling. "Or, your 'father' isn't your real father at all, but rather someone who is portraying to be your 'father'. Possessed, or magically altered. Or your mother was not what she seemed to be..."

"Who knows... It would be nice to know what was hanging off my back though... I can't even fly with them..." She said, pouting a bit. "They may not even be wings."

"They're wings...just not the typical ones..." Henia sat down in a chair, scratching her head. "Have you ever tried flying?"

"How'd you know they're weak if you never tried?" Henia said, rising to her feet. "Now isn't he time to argue," Jorbin said, "You must be hungry, Iso. Do you want something to eat and then rest awhile?"

"I'm actually not that hungry..." Iso said. "I'm a little afraid to try to fly... have you flown?" she said, like a little kid.

"Flown? Ha. I had to fly all the way here from the southern islands! You try going through a typhoon and see if you can fly or not." Henia shook her head, chuckling. "It's not that scary- you start out slow and low until you build courage and strength, and then increase from there."

Iso looked embarassed at her bragging. "So... how am I supposed to learn? Not now, my wing's hurt."

"Learn? Hmm..." Henia thought for a moment. "I could teach you. Or, better, your Zsalin friend could help you. He's a wyvern- he should know how to fly. But before that... why is your wing hurt?"

"You got shot? By who?" Henia eyed Iso curiously. "Did they think you were a bad person or something?"

"Really?" The angel raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps it's something recognizable... I should go see it sometime..." Something chimed in the hallway and she jumped. "Oh, I'm going to be late! Sorry, but I must leave." With that, Henia ran out the door, disappearing into the dark hallway. "Busy place," Jorbin said, shaking his head. "A lot of different species live in here, so it's hard trying to keep them all happy. But, they usually keep to themselves. Don't want to lose their homes."

Jorbin raised an eyebrow, blinking at Iso. "Can't see you? Why not?"

"Because you're disturbing her privacy, old man." Arai had slipped back into the room, and threw a pillow at the priest, covering his face with it. "Did that help?" she asked, blinking her red eyes up at Iso.

Iso smiled at the girl.

"Yeah... thanks." She said, relieved at the subject-change.

Arai nodded, blinking up at Iso. "Why are you friends with intruder?" she asked, nodding her head at the sleeping Zsalin. "Is he warm to sleep with or something? Do you get cold often?"

"Er.... he carries me while I sleep?" she smiled, scratching her head. "I actually just met him a day ago... he's a good person. And he knows about my wings, and he's kinda scary, so he's a threat." she shrugged.