lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

Zsalin bent his head down, close to her neck and took a deep whiff. "Smell normal to me," he said simply, moving ahead, dragging her along. They finally reached the outskirts of the square, the people thinning out. Yet, he could hear someone calling behind them, and from glancing over his shoulder, it was someone he didn't want to see. "Hurry!" he said, nearly running down, pulling Iso along.

"Back to the store, to the inn, anywhere but near that guy!" Zsalin said, gesturing a thumb over his shoulder. Just bursting out of the crowd was a young looking man, a large, dark bow strapped across his back along with his quiver that was entirely covered with leather so that no one could steal the arrows. "Wait! Come back!" the man shouted, nearly tripping over the stray dog. His hair was bright...blue. It was an odd contrast to his rather dark skin- or rather to the entire town around him, being of mostly browns, tans, and grays. "Wait!" he called again, but Zsalin wrenched Iso forward, completely running now.

Zsalin let go of Iso, letting her run ahead, close behind. Yet, he wasn't fast enough. Another man, almost identical to the young man with the blue hair blocked his path, his twin blocking the way back. "Rendsol...get me out of this mess..." the priest hissed through gritted teeth, eyeing the two. "Come on, don't give us that look. You're not a basilisk, after all." Zsalin turned, and ran, the two closed in quickly, but then, the priest just disappeared. One second he was running, the next he was gone. Out of sight. "I thought he couldn't use that kind of magic!" the one twin yelped. "I dunno, but I don't sense him anywhere." The two looked all around the street, before dashing off into opposite directions.

Iso turned, and yelped as she ended up behind one of the twins before looking nervous and quietly backing up.

The blue haired man heard the small yelp and turned, blinking at Iso. "Hey, you were that girl he was dragging..." His hand suddenly snapped out, grabbing Iso by the wrist. "Spit it out, where did he go? Tell me or I'll force it out of you."

"Well, that's not very nice, young man. You should treat her with respect." The voice was soft, but held a tone of authority to it. The twin blinked over his shoulder, his brows narrowing slightly. The man behind them was taller than the twin, his hair turning white, but with his dark robes and long, slender staff revealed he was a priest- but the symbol on his robes was an odd one- one few knew of. "Well," he said after a short while of silence. "I think you should run off now. Your brother may get lost." The blue haired twin scowled, but let so of Iso, slinking off. "Are you alright?" the older man asked, looking rather concerned as he gazed at her.

"That's good," the old man said, a smile crossing his face. He looked down when a small girl appeared from behind him, staying close inside his shadow, blinking red eyes at Iso. "What's wrong, Arai?" he asked her, patting the girl's short brown hair. "Intruder," she said softly, her face expressionless. "Fell twenty five feet from the ceiling. Out cold like a light."

"Aww, guess we'll have to help this intruder, then. Might've broken something."

The girl was quiet for a bit before she spoke again. "He's odd. Smells of blood, yet holds heavy guilt." Her eyes never left Iso as she spoke, her red eyes seeming to stand out in the shadows.

"Is it Zsalin?" She asked quietly. Iso's eyes flicked back and forth between the two.

The old man shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows? Perhaps it is best to show you." He reached out, taking her by the hand gently, the other holding to Arai. The next moment they were standing in a large dark room, lighted by candles on stands near the pillars that were around the room. Off to the side there was a heap, a staff several feet away. The red eyed girl let go and moved to the heap, kneeling down and prodded it gently. "Intruder still out," she said softly. "Ah," the older priest said, walking beside Arai and knelt down as well, rolling the man over. Indeed, it was Zsalin, but he was pretty bruised, with scrapes and cuts all over from hitting both the ground and the nearby pew that was busted, the slivers of wood covering the stone floor. "Is this your friend?"

The old priest nodded, a smile on his lips. "Of course you can." Arai touched a wound with a finger, sniffing at the blood before sticking it in her mouth. "Don't do that," the old man said, lightly tapping her on the head. "It's...sweet..." she murmured softly, a frown crossing her lips. "Yet, a sharp, toxic tinge within. His blood is poisonous."

Iso made her orb glow, and Zsalin's wounds disappeared. She kissed him gently, and moved his hair out of the way. "...you okay?"

He was lying on something cold... his body was sore and stiff while his head pounded inside his skull. Zsalin's brows twitched slightly, a soft groan, before he slowly forced his eyes open part way. They were bright green, the pupils slitted much like a reptile or a serpent's- not like the usual dark normal looking ones like before. Yet, he couldn't see his own eyes- or anything much else really. Everything was a blur, just a blotch of dark colors against blackness. Yet, the voice was familiar. "Iso...?" he murmured, wanting to rub his eyes to see if that'd help. But his limbs refused to work, and he knew the answer. "I teleported...didn't I?" The reason why he never used magic that much was because when he used just a tad too much- which wasn't much- his body becomes paralyzed. It was the downside of being a wyvern- anything part from what you were born with saps energy or causes unusual side effects.

Zsalin was quiet, his eyes closing. "Not...quite..." he murmured softly. "As of right now I'm completely paralyzed from overextending my abilities."

"Well, I guess you'll be resting to recuperate, then," the older man said. "Grab his legs, will you?" he said to Iso as he wrapped his arms around Zsalin's shoulders. "Intruder has funny eyes," Arai said quietly, blinking at Iso curiously.

Iso struggled with his legs but hefted them up.

"I think they're pretty!" She humphed.

"Arai, why don't you go back to Liae. She's probably worried sick about you," the older priest said to the small girl, who blinked up at him. "She always worries," she said, before blinking at a strange noise. Something tapped against the old priest's foot, and he looked down as well. It was Zsalin's staff, but it was glowing slightly. "I thought you overextended yourself in magic," the older priest said. Zsalin was quiet, before opening one eye. "The staff? Oh, it does that sometimes. Has a mind of its own at times." Arai picked it up, her eyes widening slightly in surprise. "It's light," she exclaimed, lifting it up in the air over her head. "Unlike yours, Jorbin." She gave the older priest a dark look, who shrugged. "Well, lets get him this way," he said, slowly moving him back towards the walls, where a door was partly open.

Iso would have snatched the staff back, but her hands were full. She manuvered Zsalin through the door way, before ruffling her wings a bit outwards. They were starting to cramp from being so tight against her.

Jorbin made his way down a hallway, carrying the upper half of Zsalin. They went about a third of the way down, before pushing a door open with his foot. "This is a surprise," a woman said from across the room, blinking her eyes as the priest brought the other to the bed, lying Zsalin down. "So that's who fell from the ceiling." The white feathered wings shifted slightly as the woman ran an hand through her silver hair, shaking her head. "He broke a pew too, Henia," Arai said, almost happily, swinging the staff around, which the woman took hold and pulled away from the girl's grasp. "You should respect other's property, Arai," the angel said with a sigh.

"You're..." Iso hid her face from the girl. "Where do we put Zsalin...?" she asked nervously.

"Over here," Jorbin said, setting the shoulders of Zsalin on the bed and patted the bed for his feet. "Don't be scared of Henia- she won't eat you."

"Yeah, but Arai might. She's always curious of other people's blood tastes like." Arai made a face, before quietly walking out of the room. "That's because they're funny looking..." she murmured. The older priest shook his head, before turning to the angel, who was examining the staff in her hands. "This is a weird thing..." she said, rotating it in her hand. "Light, yet containing a heavy amount of power. Strange for a Wyvern to be carrying around. They typically don't have any powers at all, besides being poisonous."

"You know about artifacts? What is this?" she asked, and drew her orb. "I'm... of some draconic origin..." Iso sighed, and flashed one of her wings from under her cloak. "My father just found me on his dootstep, having been kidnapped ten months before with it beside me... may I?" she asked shyly, holding the ties of her cloak with the other.

Henia blinked, leaning forward to examine the orb. Her eyes flickered upward, nodded at Iso. "Yes you may. This is very interesting..." she murmured, straightening up, looking thoughtful.