lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

Zsalin let out a quiet sigh, sinking back on the bench, his head tilted back again to stare up at the sky. "Those two were right about what I was...but that's in the past. Wyverns can't keep this form for as long as I have, after all." He closed his eyes, a frown pressing on his lips. "And Wyverns kill many. Half of kills go as sacrifice to Rendsol, so they have to make up for the food they lost. I didn't quite agree with all that killing, and look what it got me." He raised a hand to his face, opening his eyes to see his clawed fingers. "I'm just a figment of what I was, nothing more."

"Hmm..." Zsalin sighed softly, his hands falling to his lap. "It may be, but then you think of how many people hate you because they know too." He shrugged. "I suppose it's best not to know than to know that you're a rather unpopular species that you're not really even anymore." He shook his head, sighing again. "I really don't know anymore...it's all just...fog in my head."

"Do you know what I am? I haven't even heard of a creature with this wing structure that has skin-colored wings..." She sighed.

"A flying fish," Zsalin said flatly. "Or a scaly bat. You really shouldn't fret about it. I personally don't care what you are or what you look like- but you do need to cover up some more. It's too revealing and it disturbs my moral structure."

Iso glared, before adjusting her cloak.

"No. That's for a reason you can't know about." She huffed.

"Ah, a secret. I tell you mine, and you stuff yours back into the darkness of your mind. I see how this is." Zsalin blew out a sigh, before sitting up straight, his eyes gazing across the busy streets. "Why does it seem like we're a team now? Where's one, there's the other. It's odd."

Zsalin was quiet for awhile, his lips pressed into a thin line. "Sure," he said after pondering on the question. He shrugged his shoulders at the thought. It wouldn't hurt, after all.

"I'm... supposed to dress like this for any dragons. I'm... available at all times." She blushed. "It's sort of... the opposite of a nun..." She said, trailing off, embarassed.

Zsalin jerked upright, his eyes turned to stare at Iso. "Dragon?! You go...with...dragon?!" He blinked several times in disbelief, before he let out a groan, sinking down in his seat, a hand rising up to rub his face- or hide it. "Perfect... this will...cause a heap of trouble for you with you hanging around me. Dragons and wyverns- similar is body structure, but natural enemies. Hell, we hate each other, like feuding families. One whiff from you could tell any creature that you were near a wyvern, and that'll sent any dragon up into a twitter. They're as bad as humans, only worse." The priest grumbled out the last part into his hand, which still hid his face. "Perverted overgrown four legged flying lizards. Their own species isn't enough for them."

"Hey! I didn't say I was with dragons! I said I was supposed to be." She said, embarassed.

"Was, supposed to, all the same... and they saw we're the ones that are ill mannered! At least we can't change forms and go around jumping into fleshy skinned, two legged one's beds every night. So improper." He blew out a long sigh, before peeking out from between his fingers. "Why do-or did- you do it?"

"My father put me in it. In our village, some women actually willing to join the church willingly. He just put me in it and left..." she sighed. "None of it made sense... anything they taught..."

"Churches..." The priest sighed, shaking his head. "There are small villages like that...have their little 'cults' to please an enemy that can wipe them out. Or because they want something from them. They're created not to make any sense, and those that figure it out are the first to be picked off. I have a similar memory like that..." Zsalin suddenly frowned, his brows furrowing. "But I don't care sharing it... it got me in trouble..." Suddenly his one hand went down, rubbing the underside of his arm, wincing slightly at the thought.

"We had a whole coven of dragons living in the nearby mountains. The elder dragonesses there usually brought them food, and such... we took care of the younger ones... our legends said that we were once at war with the dragons, and that the only way to appease them was to offer the village's young girls... maybe that's what it evolved from." She shrugged.

"Bah," Zsalin said, shaking his head. "Is it was bad, just get up and leave the town. Or chase the dragons out. Or give the females of dragons some handsome men. I'm sure both genders of those four-legged flying lizards want females. That'd be disturbing." He wrinkled his nose in thought.

"Well, you don't exactly have to 'give' human men. They'll climb up the mountain willingly. And what do you think I did? I left the village when I was fourteen." she shrugged.

Zsalin rolled his eyes. "I forgot. Human males just love female dragons. From a conversation I've heard, they're pretty good at what they do." He rubbed his face with his fingers, shaking his head. "But yet, even though you're gone from the village, you still dress up like that? Put some more clothes on, already. It'll make it harder for any dragon to get to you. Unless you like it." His eyes narrowed as he made a face in disgust. "That's just nasty."

"I'm just used to it... actually I don't want to... you know, it's a part of me..." Iso sighed.

Zsalin couldn't help but snort. "If you don't like it, then it's not a part of yourself. It's merely a habit- a bad one at that, and habits can be broken." He rose to his feet, the charms on his staff clinking together quietly as he took hold of it. He glanced down at Iso and shrugged. "Well, come on. We're going to get you better clothes. Or, I'll get them for you if you don't. Because starting now, I'm getting you out of this nasty improper habit of yours."

Iso just kinda blushed, and hid her face. "I dun have any money..." she muttered.

"Well, I figured as much," Zsalin said with a sigh. "No matter, I'll pay for it. Think of it as a debt. Our next job we'll just have to ask for payment, that's all." He lifted his staff, tapping it against her leg. "Well now, you're not going to get anywhere sitting on this bench."

Iso stood, glaring at Zsalin. "Alright... I'm not wearing ugly clothes though..." she snorted. "And it has to have and open back..." she sighed.

"Sure, why not," Zsalin said, waving a hand at her as he turned to move into the street. "And I suppose you can go pick it out, since I'm pretty bad at finding decent clothes. Too price picky, but I guess I can make an exception right now." He glanced down both ends of the road before turning to his left. "I believe I saw a store down here..."