lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

"You were right." Iso said, her eyes closed. "Did you... see his face? Have you seen him?"

Zsalin frowned at her questioning. This was getting too personal for his liking. But...didn't he see him? His brows knitted together. No. a hand. Or, was it? The memory was a blur, before he sunk into dark unconsciousness. "No," he said simply, rubbing his temples again. His head hurt, but he couldn't say that the blur of color was anything of importance, so he kept it to himself, until he had time to figure it out. "Please stop all this questioning. It's giving me a headache and I don't quite like to remember that part of my past."

"I'm sorry." Iso apologized, but sounded disappointed. "Do you need anything? Food, water?" she asked.

Zsalin frowned, before sitting up again. "What I really need is to stretch out my stiff limbs," he said, slowly pulling himself out of bed, using his staff much like a crutch to pull himself fully up out of bed. When upright, he stopped, wincing. "That...hurts..." he muttered, his nose wrinkling. He sniffed, then scowled even more. "I smell dragon..." he murmured, a dark look crossing his face.

(Sorry for taking forever- I'm in Vermont and the internet's slow )

Edited by Neutual Demon

Zsalin sniffed at Iso, before snorting. "Nope, you smell normal to me. Probably just some half breed or full dragon in human form snooping around...this place has a lot of different creatures. Makes my nose itch." Rubbing his nose, he moved slowly towards the door, his movements stiff, wincing every once in awhile when he moved one of his legs a certain angle.

((I'm back at home now, so hopefully the internet will be better ;D ))

"I can't smell anything... what does a dragon smell like?" She asked, looking like a little kid. She got under Zsalin's arm and let herself be a crutch.

(YAY INTARWEBZ!)

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Zsalin was a bit surprised, but was glad that Iso was letting him use her as a crutch. "Depends of what kind of dragon it is. Different types have different scents. This one..." he sniffed, before wrinkling his nose. "Smells cross between rotten milk and broccoli. A mix, probably." His eyes gazed about the dark hallways, lit with only a few candles every once in awhile. Voices could be heard echoing down the hallway, and they were getting slowly closer to it- a few they passed by as they walked by the doors the voices were behind.

Zsalin snorted, shaking his head. "No, let's not."

"Let's not do what?"

The priest halted, his body stiffening. A chuckle came from behind. "You must be that weird guy that little Arai told be about." The voice came from in front of them now, a tall man blinking his dark, snake-like eyes at them from the little light the nearby candle gave. "And the pretty lady too. Must be hanging around that guy for his eyes, huh? Such a pretty green, aren't they?" A snicker came from him, running a clawed hand through dark gray hair. "But enough of that. My name's Yvastar. Why don't you come and see the rest of my friends, pretty lady." Yvaster bowed slightly, motioning to a nearby door, where loud voices could be heard. "Of course, your friend is invited too, but... he may get a bit ruffled." A small smile crept onto the man's face at the thought.

Iso's eyebrows ruffled. "Yvastar..." She mumbed. "That sounds familiar... C'mon Zsalin... Oh, Yvastar? What time is it?" She asked casually.

"It is about...oh... three in the afternoon. But time doesn't matter, come on then!" He pushed the door open for them, leading them into a large room. Zsalin didn't seem quite happy, but he followed Iso, grumbling under his breath. The room was brightly lit, with large cathedral ceilings. Several of Yvastar's 'friends' were up in the air, held up by their large colored wings that sprouted from their backs, the only thing that was somewhat their dragon form. A few others were around the fountain- or in it for one, the fiery red haired woman wearing nothing much else but her undergarments, lolling lazily in the water. Zsalin wrinkled his nose at the sight, noticing that most of the others around the fountain were women- and had little on as well. "Oi, Yvastar! Brought in some foul, I see!" A wild green haired man with wings the same color landed in front of them, his wings folding as the yellow eyes glinted at Zsalin. "But the other looks nice. Must be that one who can't fly." He smiled at Iso, before Yvastar waved his hand, trying to shoo him away. "Erath, no need to scare her."

"Why is that wyvern in here?" the one in the fountain called, her head bent back to look at them, her nose wrinkled. "He's probably lonely," the one woman beside her said, brushing her hair lazily. "He doesn't smell of anyone else but himself."

"Aww!" The red haired one frowned, almost looking concerned. "Such a poor man! No one to snuggle up with! How could you have done it for all these years?" A few snickered- Zsalin's ears turned red. He glanced down at his feet, shifting rather uncomfortably.

"He's with you? Then, in that case...why don't you come and get him?" Two of the ones aloft in the air dove down, grabbing Zsalin and lifted him up high into the air- with great protest from the priest. "Put me down, you two legged winged overgrown heaters!"

"Heaters? At least we don't reek like your kind does." The one carrying him wrinkled his nose in disgust. "But, if you say so..." The two let go of him, letting him drop almost fifteen feet into the fountain. "Hey! Don't drop him in here! You'll dirty the water!" The fiery red haired one yelled, jumping out of the water as the priest sat up, spluttering, before shivering. "It's...cold..." he whispered, trying to stand up, but the cold water slowed him down. "Come on, you guys. That was a low blow." Yvastar shook his head, walking over and half pulled, half yanked the priest out of the water and set him down dripping on the floor. "That's right," one of the women said, tugging on a violet braid. "Cold blooded creatures can't stand the cold...but don't worry, I'll warm you up." She draped her arms over the shivering priest's shoulders, getting too close for comfort, but Zsalin could barely move, let alone speak as he shivered, dripping water onto the floor. "Yeah, well, we still got his stuff," the one above called, holding up the loot. Zsalin's staff was in one hand, while the several bags of coins were in both hands of the two who dropped the priest. Along with a bag of coins was a strange, thick book with a dark leather cover, closed shut with a loop of string. "What'd you say? Perhaps you'll learn how to fly by trying to get these things."

Iso nearly ripped the girl off Zsalin, and her eyes flashed angrily at the ones whohad lifted him up. She held out her orb and coated their wings in a thick sheet of ice.

"You don't let that melt and try to rip it off and it will shred your wings, making you incapable of flight. Like Zsalin. Only he isn't a total censorkip.gif !!!" She shot, and snatched up his things.

"Woah, a feisty one, ain't she?" a voice said, following a snicker. "I look good with icy wings, don't you think?" one of the ones whose wings got iced asked another, showing off their flashy new attire. "Okay guys, knock it off!" Yvastar snapped at the them, pushing one with their iced wings away. "You guys leave these two alone." He shook his head, muttering as he bent down and picked up the book, which had fallen a few feet away from the rest of the wyvern's things. "And please don't ice anymore wings," he said quietly to Iso, handing her the book. "Let's get you two some where's more quiet." He lifted Zsalin off the ground, more gently this time and led the two to a side door, leading into a different hallway. "Here," he said, pushing open a door, leading into a large bedroom with two large beds, a desk, and several pieces of comfortable furniture and a fireplace, the flames warming up the entire room. Yvastar sat Zsalin down near the fire, who shivered, hunkering closer to the flames. "Sorry for that mess back there," he said, nodding to the door. "I knew they got roudy sometimes, but today it seems they're extra rambunctious."

Iso looked sheepish. "Sorry... I just..." she didn't say anything, and sat near the fire, speading her wings out to their full extention after a couple of tries. They were dwarfing her, and looked kind of intimidating. It was pretty obvious they were weak, with hardly any muscle on them. "You alright Zsalin?"

Zsalin nodded slowly, his jaw clenched so his teeth wouldn't chatter. "So...he really can't fly...can he?" Yvastar said softly, taking a seat in one of the chairs, his eyes on the priest, a frown on his lips. "You said he couldn't fly...I thought Arai was joking, but if you said he can't..." He shook his head sadly, sighing softly. "Normally I'd be pleased to hear that a wyvern was crippled, but I've seen what they do from a group of wyverns down in the south. Not a pretty sight." He fell quiet for a moment, his eyes on Iso's wings, eyeing them thoughtfully. "Looks like you need to stretch out your wings more. If you ever want to fly, you need to be able to spread them without much effort." He rose to his feet, walking over and bending down, picking up Zsalin's staff and the book he'd dropped. "Hm...a magical staff with a strange book written in a dead language," he murmured, looking over the book with one hand, peeking though a crack in the book to glance at the pages. "Makes one curious why one such as he would be carrying such relics."

"So? They should make fun of me... he doesn't even have wings... what's my excuse..." Iso sighed. "Why do you carry that stuff around?" she blinked, but gently pet her orb.

"I suppose you're like that person who had to hide what they are all the years and didn't have time to learn how to," Yvastar said with a shrug. "He, on the other hand, is a natural competition with us dragon type. Wings or not, he still takes food that could be ours, lands that could be under our control, valuables that could be horded away." Shaking his head, he set the two items in his hands down and sat down, watching the staff shake, before sliding across the floor to bump against Zsalin, who had stopped shivering and seemed to started to nod off. His eyes went back to Iso, and her orb. "Ah, an orb. Haven't seen one of those in awhile. Hard to get, you see. Most take sacrifices and such. Time consuming, really."

Iso was suddenly interested. "...do you know how this one was created?" She asked quickly, holding it out.

"Hmmm..." Yvastar leaned towards it, his blue eyes gazing at the orb curiously. "Can I pick it up?" he asked, his hands out, waiting for her to reply before he even considered taking it from her to examine it.

"Okay... but weird thinks happen when some people touch it..." Iso warned, and held it out.

Yvastar cocked his head. "Really? Like what?" But, ignoring the warning, he picked it up out of her hands anyway, moving it closer to examine it.

((;D You can do something with it~ Don't care what it is, because NPCs are fun to torture :3 ))

(But I have no imagination!!! D: You do it!)

The orb turned a bright yellow, then the orb glowed white hot, and Iso just kind of stared at the man. A spark genterated across his skin, and jolts of electricity like lightning spread out, jumping to the metal surfaces. "Zsalin! Do something!" Iso said, looking afraid.

Edited by lycrawaterz14