lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

"Ah...never had a boyfriend...that's a pity." The priest sat up, his eyes turning to look at the sobbing Iso. "Still, boyfriendless and crying, you could still get my profession right. After all, there's a big difference between a monk and a priest. Especially with Rendsol." He wrinkled his nose slightly, but moved over slightly to rest a hand on her shoulder. "No matter...what's wrong?"

Something moved under her cloak.

"Just go away! I'll talk to you in the morning..." she sniffed.

Zsalin sighed, but his hand remained on her shoulder. "It'd be too late in the morning..." he murmured softly, a frown on his lips. "You may not want to talk to me in the morning, then you'll say the afternoon, but the time will just get longer and longer, to the point when you never tell me. So, will you tell me now, or will you never say a word?"

Zsalin shook his head. "So, why would you tell me then?" He rose to his feet, his staff resting on the ground, but he made no move to pick it up. "I suppose then, that you will not tell me now. If that's so, then I will leave for the time being, and shall see you perhaps in the morning."

"...please stay, Zsalin." Iso sniffed, and grabbed the edge of his cloak. Her hand was odd. It had smooth scales, but not like a dragon or a fish, but like a snake.

The priest halted, his eyes turning to look down at her. A small, quiet sigh escaped his lips, but he turned around and knelt down beside her again. "If you wish it..." he said softly, taking her hand into both his own. Smooth scales against his rough, dark ones that hadn't disappeared during his sleep. Rendsol was playing tricks with his hands, again. "Do you wish to tell me now?"

Zsalin raised an eyebrow at the question. "A hybrid?" He frowned, his brows furrowing as he thought. "What I was doesn't matter anymore. I have been Clipped, and now foreverly bound to walk the earth. It does not matter what I am anymore, for by Rendsol, I am stuck in this body, while showing off a few fragments that are roughly what I had been." He fell silent for a moment, his lips drawn into a thin line. "But, if it helps, I was more than a hybrid before the Clipping."

"At least you are something." she sighed, a nervous shaky sigh, and brought down her hood. Her hair and lips were normal, but her eyes were distictly reptilian, more like a snake's. Her face had the smooth scales too, but finer, and had retained its color around the cheeks.

"I'm hideous..." she said, and an arrow was potruding from her shoulders.

Zsalin blinked as she lowered her hood, looking at her face. Yet, his face didn't show anything, but his hand did. One hand rose up to Iso's face, paused, before a finger went across her cheek. "You're not hideous," he said softly. "Far from it. Yet, what is worse- being half of something or something that has stripped itself of all ties with its true self and became an empty shell?" His hand moved from her cheek to the arrow gripping it before wrenching it out suddenly. "But, it seems someone has a different set of tastes..."

She yelped, before thanking him quietly.

"Are you going to kill me? ...hurry up and get on with it if you are." she muttered.

Zsalin cocked his head slightly. "Kill you...? Where did that thought come from?" He shook his head, before touching the wound gently, pulling back to watch it heal slowly. "It's not the best, but it isn't the worst either," he said softly. He sat there for a moment, before he reached out, pulling her gently, pulling her up so she was on his back. He rose, taking his staff with him for support. "We cannot stay here, then. We must be going. They'll get antsy if they smell blood." With that, he began walking, following the trail back to the road.

Zsalin stopped, looking over his shoulder at her. "Guess it can't be helped..." he murmured, before setting her down again. Setting the staff down beside him, he looked over Iso for a moment. "Have you kept it hidden all this time?"

"The one in my wing yeah... but not in my shoulder..." she said looking nervous about taking her cloak off.

Zsalin shook his head, letting out a small sigh. He reached up and started to help her take off her cloak, just so it'd go faster. "Is there any others that you'd like to tell me?"

"No..." she said. The cloak fell off, and the bat-like wings underneath were the same tone as her skin, the smooth scales covering the supporting structures, and a leathery substance imbetween. The was a very mean-looking arrow, black with painted designs on it, that had passed through the hinge at the top of her left wing, prefevnting it from moving too much. It had obviously been in there for a while, the blood on it was crusty.

"It's not going to be lame is it?" she asked nervously. She still had them tightly tucked up near her back, but the looked like they could have at least a seven-foot wingspan. The edges of the wings went mid-way to her thighs, and the ends were dirty.

The priest was quiet for a long while, examining the wing. "Not a nice arrow...is it?" he said softly, his fingers running over the shaft. "It won't be as clean if it was taken care of some time ago, but it isn't infected yet, so it should be fine as long as you don't extend yourself," Zsalin said quietly. "But, you have to unfold your wings, just so I can snap the head off and pull it out."

Iso struggled, wincing and shuffling aroun her wings until the correct one was a bit extended, maybe about five inches more than usual. She winced, but dug her nails into the palm of her hand.

It wasn't much different than before, but it was sufficient. Zsalin reached around carefully, finding the tip of the arrow and snapped it off. His other hand held onto the shaft, where he pulled it out with a sudden tug without warning. It was best that way, after all. He touched the wound gently, watching it heal very slowly, before tearing a piece of his cloak and tying it around the wound. "There, it should be fine now. When we get to a town or somewhere, you should wash it out."

Iso had cried out a bit, but quickly shut her mouth as he wrapped it up.

"I'll do that... thanks..."

Zsalin shook his head, a quiet chuckle escaped his throat. "No need to thank..." He pulled her clothes back over her wings and over her shoulders. "Well now, we better get going. Care for a back ride?"

She eyed him carefully before shrugging.

"I suppose." she said, and got on his back.