lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

"Good. Because I got a hit on another monster. Missing children and animals again." Iso sighed.

"Where...?" he said, muffled from under his arms. "If it's too far away, then let me sleep..."

"Go ahead and sleep, it might be a werewolf, we'll have until nightfall and it's a three hour walk." she shrugged.

"Werewolves..." A small, dark smile crept onto the corner of his lips. "I had ribs once from them. It was delectable..." His voice trailed off, disappearing into a quiet breathing, having fallen asleep. Yet the scales seemed to cling on to him, not seeming to leave as of yet.

"That's gross." Iso said, disheartened.

"Well, I'm going to go act mildly normal. You hear screaming and get up and save me, alright?" she said, brushing a bit of makeup on her face.

"Hmm...save the thighs for me..." The priest rolled over, a small twitch of a smile on his lips as he fell back asleep again. He didn't care what she did. After all, there was no such thing as to being 'normal' unless you were a non-magic wielding, god fearing human who lived a simple life and had a simple family with at least two kids already. A life no other species could attain from the 'civilized' world.

Iso ran around the market place, pretending to browse, and gathering bits of information on the missing children.

The streets were busy with people, selling and buying goods. "So many outsiders," a man said, shaking his head under the hood of his dark blue robe. "Indeed," said the one beside him, sporting a deep red robe, his face shadowed by his own cowl. "Too many to pick out which ones are the rotten fruit, until you take a bite out of them."

"Yet, the most rotten one is no where to be found," the blue robed one muttered, his eyes narrowing slightly at the thought. "We'll find it, don't fret," the red one said, patting his companion on the shoulder, before they continued down the road.

((whee, npcs of doom biggrin.gif ))

(Phwee!)

Iso pretended she wasn't listening to their conversation, and asked a merchant about his goods. Subconsciously she tightened her wings under her cloak.

The man in red seemed to notice Iso's uneasiness, or that he was interested in the goods of the merchant she was at, for he turned and stepped up to the stall of goods. "We don't have time to poke around," the blue companion said, nudging the red one with his arm. The red one ignored him, before turning his eyes on the girl beside him. "Do you know of wyverns? They are large beasts, smaller than dragons, but deadlier. Their craving for blood drives packs of them into the valleys to devour everything in sight."

"Blood is needed to please their deity," the blue one chipped in, nodding his head quietly. "Yet it can't be animal blood." The red one nodded in agreement.

"She didn't answer the question," the red one said with a frown. "Indeed- perhaps she knows, but is unwilling to say." They nodded together in agreement. "Perhaps we should follow." The two turned and moved after Iso, now quiet, as if they were just two shadows.

Iso went into another section of the marketplace, and struck up a conversation with a young man.

After awhile, the two men disappeared into the crowd, going their separate ways. However, they made sure that Iso was in sight, making sure they knew where she was and what she was doing, taking note of everything.

Zsalin raised his head from the bed, blinking sleepily. He had slept for a long time, but he still felt exhausted. He looked down at his hands, sighing softly that the scales were still on his hands, but at least the rest was gone. Sitting up slowly from the bed, he gazed out of the window from the bedside, his eyes half closed. "She's been gone for some time...Hmmm..." Perhaps he should go look for her....after another round of sleeping. He stretched back down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. It won't be for awhile until he'll sleep in a nice bed again.

Iso smiled at the boy, openly flirting with him, until he got spooked and went his own way.

Iso looked around for somewhere to go, not finding anywhere. She bought an encyclopedia, and found a comfy spot near the Inn and began to read Plato.

Grumbling, Zsalin pushed himself off the bed, forcing himself to stand up and stretch. He couldn't loll about and sleep all day. Picking up his staff from the floor, he yawned before walking out of the room. He spotted Iso as soon as he stepped out of the inn, but he also spotted two others watching the girl. Or, they did, until they saw him. "Perfect..." he grumbled, his staff clicking on stone as he moved down the road, ignoring Iso completely. It was best not to get her in the middle of this. As he passed the two colorful wearing men, he tried not to growl at them, managing to pass them without giving them a dirty look either. The two waited, then followed after the priest, walking silently on either side of him, as if keeping him from going anywhere besides forward.

Iso got up and followed Zsalin. "Excuse me." she said, casually bumping the colorful priests. "Hey, I bought an encyclopedia today to help me figure out some of these wild native creatures!" Iso held her book up quietly.

Zsalin blinked, peering over his shoulder at Iso. The two men beside him didn't seem surprise that Iso came up to him, but he couldn't really see their faces. "Oh?" He turned fully around, looking at the book, before it was whisked away by the blue robed man. He flipped through several pages, before finding the right one and handed it to Zsalin. "You should be there."

Zsalin frowned, looked down at the page, before snorting and slammed the book shut. "Ha, very funny. Perhaps you should go there, you might stay awhile."

The red one shook his head. "Your type aren't allowed in cities,"

"Bah, my 'type'. Your type should be left to toil in the earth and be devoured by creatures larger than you. Bloody humans." Zsalin turned and began walking away. "Perhaps you should show yourself instead of hiding it in 'our type' of skin," the blue man snarled, his eyes narrowing, but the priest seemed to ignore him. "Iso, please smack them upside the head, because I'll knock their heads off if I do it."

"You are very rude gentlemen." Iso said, politely more of patting them in the back of the head.

The two men just looked at each other, before shrugging. "We are not rude, we're trying to get a deadly person out of the city," the blue cladded one said. "After all, did he tell you what he was, or who his Rendsol actually are?" He raised an eyebrow at Iso. "For the truth would make you think otherwise."

"He doesn't know who I am either. He has had plenty of opportunities to kill me, and instead he's helped me. So censorkip.gif off." Iso glared.

"Wyverns don't kill just one- they devour a dozen. One isn't enough to suffice their needs. But, if you won't listen..." The two suddenly disappeared, magic whisking them away. "Finally they're gone," Zsalin said, heaving out a long sigh and plopping down on a bench. He stretched his legs out, letting his head fall back, staring up at the sky. "That's why I hate humans..." he grumbled under his breath.

"What are you Zsalin. You know everything about me, and I know nothing." Iso demanded.

Zsalin snorted, shaking his head. "And you told them that I knew nothing about you. Hypocritical." He sighed, frowning slightly. "All I know is that you're a hybrid of sorts that needs to put on more clothes and no one seems to like you at night. If you say that's everything, then my life is eternal." He patted the free bench beside him, motioning her to sit beside him. "Yet, if you want to know, you might as well sit and stay awhile."