lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

Zsalin huffed angrily at her words. "I'm not trying to tear your skin. And I'm not a lizard." The snarling felines had quieted down, and there was only the rustling of the wind now. Slowing down, the priest looked around, his eyes narrowed. "They're gone..." he said softly, letting go of Iso's wrist. His face seemed tired, exhausted, and he looked like he just wanted to sleep. The mud had flaked away from his skin, and his robes were dry now, but still caked in mud. "Yet, nothing in sight yet..." he said with a sigh, looking ahead at the road, nothing but waving grasses on the darkening horizon.

Zsalin turned his eyes on Iso, his lips pressed together into a thin line as he looked at her, quiet for a moment. "That's none of your business," he said after awhile of thought. His eyes turned to the road, before blinking in surprise. A feline creature was in the road ahead of them. It stood on its two back legs, its golden eyes watching them. "One be healer?" it asked suddenly, its words sounding odd. "Possibly," Zsalin replied, his eyes narrowing. "Why does it concern you?" He glanced at Iso for a moment before gazing back at the feline. "Young one ill," the feline replied simply, its tail flicking back and forth slightly. The priest shrugged his shoulders. "You buy it?" he asked Iso quietly.

Zsalin sighed, shaking his head as the feline sniffed the air at the hand. "Fine, we'll tag along. I'm not the best, but at least it's better than nothing." The feline hunkered down onto four paws and disappeared into the grass, stamping down a trail for them to follow. "Well, whatever," he grumbled, but walked after the feline, the grass rustling against his robes, knocking off some mud. "Come on, now, Iso."

"I know, but it's best not to say 'no' to them, either," Zsalin said with a sigh. A few creature tailed behind them, but he knew there were more in the tall grass, following them as well. "We just better get this over with quickly and bail out of here."

The feline they were following took them all around, weaving in and out of the grass. It finally entered into a ring of flattened grass, where several felines sat near the edge. There was a small one, curled up in the center, shivering. Zsalin approached cautiously, eyeing the sitting feline creatures, which stared back, before kneeling down beside the shivering one. He began examining it closely, not making any sudden movements, for the creatures were tense, ready to pounce if he did something they didn't like.

Iso pushed Zsalin out of the way.

"Here." She touched the little kitten's back, purring.

"She has pneumonia." Iso declared, and pulled something out of her robes and laid it beside the kitten, and wrapped a blanket that was warm from her body heat beside it.

"Make sure she eats a stalk a day, and it should go away." Iso nodded.

The feline that had led them to the sick one nodded. "Please stay. Too late." He gestured up to the darkening sky. The other creatures began entering the ring, murmuring to themselves and sniffing at Iso curiously, some rubbing up against her. Yet, every moment, one of the creatures would glance towards the edge of the ring and flatten their ears before returning back to the rest of the group. Zsalin stood at the edge by himself, leaning on his staff, looking worn. His eyes were glazed, lost in thought, and not even paying attention to the feline creatures, where a few were offering Iso pieces of dried meat. Several had settled down now, curled up in the grass, but they still seemed wary of the priest, for reasons unknown.

Iso smiled. "Thank you!" She smiled, before glaring at the priest. "What's your problem?"

Zsalin jolted, blinking as he was pulled out of his thoughts and looked down at Iso. "Problem...? Oh, I'm just...tired..." He moved a little away, remaining in the ring, before settling down, his staff across his lap. A sort of a snort came from one of the feline creatures as it bumped its head against Iso's arm. "Smell of blood," it murmured, its eyes turning towards the priest, its ears flattening. A murmur came from one nearby, as if agreeing. "Fresh," it seemed to whisper, before moving away to curl up in the grass beside another of its kind.

Zsalin frowned. "Bleeding?" He thought for a moment. "Hm...there has been a jolt of pain in the back of my shoulders..." He reached a hand back, rubbing, before his frown turned into a confused look. Suddenly, his hand jerked back, his jaw tightening as he winced. "Ah...I suppose...that'd do it..." he murmured, looking down at a long bloodied claw. "I didn't ask for a gift from those lizards... ha..."

Zsalin put his staff to the ground, using it to pull himself up, with some difficultly. He moved over, slightly clumsy, and when he reached her he sat down again, rubbing his face, which seemed pale now. "Is it...nap time yet...?" He murmured between his fingers. The feline creatures hunkered away, eyeing them with lowered ears.

Iso started untying his cloak and her hand brushed blood. "You try to sleep and I'm gonna smack you, understand?" Iso said, wagging her finger.

A quiet scoff came from the priest as a small smile crept onto his lips. He shook his head, sighing softly. "If I just happen to fall asleep, I just hope it's an eternal one. I don't think it'd be pleasant waking up with you whamming my face..." He winced slightly as she brushed against his wounded shoulder. The wound was just below his left shoulder blade, the blood already oozing down the side of his back. Yet, dark scales had also appeared, slowly crawling from his spine towards both his shoulders. "Rendsol be damned..." he muttered, rubbing his face again.

"Wings aren't that uncomfortable..." Iso sighed, and held her orb directly onto the wound. It sealed up almost instantly, but the scales remained.

A snort came from Zsalin, before he winced as his wound sealed up. "Wings? Bah, I would know if they were wings. Besides... I don't have wings." A sudden sad look crossed his face, his eyes glazing over as he lost himself in thought. He snapped back after a moment of being quiet. "Can I nap now?"

"Smells of blood..." The priest glanced over, looking at the feline's eyes. Most of them had settled down, but they were all watching the two. The only ones that weren't were the ill one and two others that had curled up around the sick one, already asleep. "They'll probably keep me awake, though..." he said softly.

Iso looked up at the sky and gasped a little.

"It's almost night! I... um... have to go! Take care of... stuff." She said, and looked around for an exit.

"Yeah...stuff..." Zsalin shook his head, pointing back to the flattened grass trail. "The way out's over there." Sighing, he laid down on the grass, staring up at the ever darkening sky. "Mm..." Turning his head, he glared back at the staring felines. "Go to sleep, already!" he snapped at them, before rolling over, his back to them, hugging his staff to his chest. "Rendsol, if they become too annoying, smack them," he murmured softly, before closing his eyes, trying to find sleep, which came rather quickly.

((yay~ You can do it, since it's your turn~ :3 ))

Iso stumbled back where Zsalin was but softly sobbed, her cloak wrapped tighty around her body and face, and flopped down on the ground.

A few of the felines' ears twitched at the intruder, but they did not stir for they knew her scent. Zsalin was still, his eyes closed, but he had been awake for some time now. "So..." he said softly after awhile. "Which boyfriend did you get dumped by last night?" Why else would a woman go off by herself at night, and come back close to tears? Even though his eyes were closed, he could still her her sob.