lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

Arai cocked her head, blinking curiously up at Iso. "You met him a day ago and he's a threat...yet you're already kissing him while he's defenseless?" That didn't seem quite right to the girl...but she supposed that something else was in that equation that wasn't being told. "Why is he scary? Is it because his blood's poisonous and he had two sets of scars running all the way down here?" She ran a finger from the bottom of her wrist all the way to the end of her arm and down her side past her ribs to the side of her hips.

"Because I've said too much..." she sighed. "What are you? You're awful pretty." she smiled.

Arai cocked her head, unsure of what to say to that. Iso didn't say too much, in her opinion. She hadn't said enough. "Me? I'm a vampire. Jorbin's a shifter. He turns into a very large, fuzzy bear-man. I sleep on him sometimes."

"You sleep anywhere, Arai," Jorbin said, peeking around the pillow and shook his head at the girl.

"Why? Don't all vampires sleep?" Arai blinked, unsure of what to think. "Do you think I'm weird?" she asked, noticing the face that Iso made. "You don't think I'm weird, do you, intruder?" she asked the sleeping Zsalin, patting his head with a hand. Suddenly, she frowned, both her hands moving up to pull back the sleeping priest's hair. "He has horns?" she asked, blinking at the new find. They were the same color of his dark hair, curling down instead of upward so they were barely noticed in the mass of his wild hair and the hood of his cloak that he usually wore. Scales could be seen slowly creeping up his neck, pausing, residing, then creeping back up again, as if unsure whether to keep on going or not. Arai shrugged her shoulders. "Overall, I think intruder's the weirdest."

Iso gently touched Zsalin's horns. "Well... you're just jealous you don't have cute horns!" she said, touchin the scales.

Arai frowned at Iso, pouting slightly. "I'm not jealous...and they're not cute. They're downright scary. Those in human form shouldn't have horns. That's for hybrids and half breeds, and he's neither." She watched as Zsalin tensed up at the sudden touch, but relaxed afterwards, undisturbed by their talking or their touching. "Besides, brother told me about those like intruder. They were bad and they had their wing membranes ripped off by the entire community. They then tie them with chains tightly and leave them to bleed to death in the middle of the tundra. Brother also said that wyverns don't have human appearances that they can turn into, and they have no magical abilities. So, the fact that intruder survived being torn to shreds and left to freeze or be eaten to death, turn into a human appearance and have some magical abilities... I have a right to call him the weirdest." She stuck her tongue out at Iso in defiance, crossing her arms as well.

"Maybe he was good and everyone else was bad. He has to be. If what you say is true, and this happened to him, then he has been honored with living, and blessed with his abilities. I forsee the future, little girl, and I can see into people's hearts. I am called an oracle. You are a monster inside, but as you grow older, you will contain it. Zsalin sees the true path to things, even though he is a bit lost himself. He is a great man." she said harshly to the little girl, and turned away. "I will live as a hollow shell as I grow older. Slowly my extra vision will replace my own, and I will die young." she muttered under her breath.

Arai made a face at Iso, her nose wrinkling. "I'm not a monster! And a great man indeed. He reeks of blood of hundreds of individuals, all who met their death by his deadly jaws. I've killed no one, and he's killed hundreds, yet you call me the monster." She snorted in disgust, turning away, glad that Jorbin had already left the room some time ago. "Your insight needs adjustment, or maybe your friend will devour you before you fix it." Scowling darkly, the girl exited the room, leaving Iso with her sleeping companion.

"Was talking about your personality, not your sadisticism." she barked, insulted. "Besides... I didn't say I was a very good oracle..." she mumbled. "Zsalin? You awake?" she asked, shaking his shoulder.

Zsalin's brows knitted together as someone started to shake him, not wanting to get out of his sleep. But, he couldn't exactly fall back asleep right after being partially woken. He opened one green, dragonish eye and blinked sleepily at Iso, wondering what she wanted.

Zsalin blinked, his brows knitting together. "Heard...what...?" His lips pressed together as he thought, both his changed eyes open now as he stared up at the ceiling, thinking. "I don't recall anything..." he murmured. "Was I suppose to?"

"Hmmm..." Zsalin shifted his head slightly, frowning. "I'm stiff and a little worn out, but I can move a little..." He closed his eyes for a moment, before opening them, looking up at Iso. "I do remember something...you were yelling at that girl about something..." He raised a hand to rub his temples, his eyes closing again. "Hell...I hate it when this happens... my mind always goes fuzzy after overextending myself..."

"In...sulting...?" Zsalin lowered his hand, blinking up at Iso. "What possibly she could be insulting me about?"

Zsalin just stared at Iso for a moment, then his face turned red. His hands snapped up, covering his head where his horns were and turned his face away from her, his ears turning red as well. "My horns..." he mumbled. "You found that out..." Horns were very hard to explain to someone. Most people would see them and immediately think of him as a demon of sorts. People had no imagination at all... yet their ignorance proved harmful for him. More than once he had been chased out of towns by force, and sometimes caught and beaten for it. He wasn't exactly proud to sport such cruel looking headpieces, but he couldn't do anything about it.

Zsalin turned his face back again, his hands still over his head, but he looked at Iso with a surprised look. "They're...cute...? I've never been told that before..." He frowned, unsure of what to make of it, but a small smile twitched in the corner of his lips. "I suppose..that's good..." He lowered his hands, before groaning, forcing himself up into a sitting position, wincing slightly as he did. When he looked down at his lap, he blinked as his staff suddenly appeared there, laying comfortably in his lap like a kitten. "This thing has a mind of it's own...I swear..." He patted the staff, shaking his head

Zsalin was quiet a long time. His eyes gazed down at the staff, wondering if he should say. The charms on his staff clinked together quietly, as if encouraging him to speak. "I...found it...after I was removed from the community I was in... or rather...it found me..." He ran his fingers over the smooth wood, a small, thoughtful frown on his lips. "I'm able to be here because of it."

Zsalin pressed his lips together, keeping quiet, until the small charms on his staff clinked together again, when he opened his mouth to speak. "Depends...there's two Rendsols...actually." A dark, but sad look crossed his face, his fingers wrapping around his staff slightly at the thought of it. "We were deceived. The Rendsol we held so dear is nothing but a hoax. A damn, greedy overlord who exerts his power too much. I tried to tell them, but they didn't listen! Food was getting scarce, and we were starving, and he took half of what he caught all for himself. Yet, when I spoke out, I was torn apart and left to die..." He shook his head, his eyes closing. "But... something reached out to me...touched me and healed me... I believe that was the true Rendsol... but...I don't know..." Zsalin sighed, resting his head back against the bed, his eyes opening to stare up at the ceiling. "I don't know what to think of it...even after all these years..."