lycrawaterz14

Monster Hunters 1x1 with me and ND...

(aww! anything is fine. Like, catching his shirt on fire, freezing his eyebrows, turning him into a lizard, or making his hair turn vibrant neon pink and flash in the sunlight. Besides, you need to do some work too :3 )

((yay~ :3 ))

Yvastar yelped, but he couldn't let go of the orb. Zsalin blinked, glancing over, his brows knitting together. A flash of color came with the sound of soft clinking as his staff came out of no where, hitting the side of the orb, knocking it across the room, landing on one of the soft seats. A dark scowl crossed his face. "That's not good," he said quietly, more of a growl than words.

Iso cradled the orb a moment, before coming over to the man. "Are you alright?!!!" she asked frantically.

Yvastar grunted, holding his hands and arms close to his chest. "I am...alright..." he said through gritted teeth. "But..that hurt." He moved his arms to look at them, and swore at the burns that were there, mostly on his hands and upper arms. "Well, at least now I know somewhat how that things was made... some nasty demonic bugger had to be offed to make that. Its spirit is vengeful to all but a select few." He tucked his arms closer to himself, before glancing over at Zsalin. "Does it do the same for him?" he asked, nodding his head at the priest, who had just set his staff down, the charms clinking quietly.

"I haven't tried it on Zsalin." She said, her eyes glowed green, and Yvastar's wounds healed. "Should you try it, Zsalin?" She asked shyly.

Yvastar let out a sigh of relief as his arms were healed, holding them out to examine them as Iso went to ask Zsalin if he'd wanted to try. Zsalin frowned, mulling over the thought before sighing. "Alight..." he murmured, holding out his hands to take it.

Iso sighed, and laid it in his hands. "Be careful..." She said. The orb began to vibrate, turning a sickening green and fire-red. The scales and horns began to shrink on Zsalin, receding closer to the orb. "Maybe you should give it back..." Iso wrung her hands.

Zsalin frowned, his fingers tightening around the orb, ignoring of what was happening to him. "Not yet..." he said quietly, watching the odd colors of the orb. "Let's see what happens for longer than a few seconds..."

"You're crazy," Yvastar said with a snort. "You'll probably melt." That only met with a shrug from the priest, who settled himself down on the floor, holding the orb closer to himself, watching it with a patient look.

The scales traveled down his arms and settled into the palms of his hands before disappearing. Iso touched his forehead. "They're gone!" She said, but looked at her nails. They were longer, and more triangle shaped. The orb returned to clear. "Well... I guess that means the vengeful spirit likes him...?"

A small cough came from Zsalin. "Well...I suppose...that-" The orb slipped from his hands as he fell sideways, falling onto the floor, unconscious. "Ah hell, it didn't kill him, did it?" Yvastar said, standing up quickly. But from the small movement from his chest, he was still alive, but how much, it was hard to tell. The staff's charms clinked together suddenly, and loudly, nearly making Yvastar jump. "I don't know much about that staff, but if it could talk, it'd be pissed by now," he said, eyeing the staff and the orb at the same time.

Iso pushed his shoulder. "Zsalin?" She asked, worried. She made a small sound in the back of her throat and grabbed the orb and healed him, the scales and horns returning. "Zsalin... wake up..." She whimpered.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Zsalin coughed quietly, his brows twitching slightly. He coughed again, before opening one eye, wincing, and closed it again, lifting a hand and covering his face. The world with vision was a blur and was moving in circles- he felt like he'd be sick. He opened his mouth to speak, but shut it quickly, fearing that if he did try to say something, everything but words would come out of it. The charms on the staff clinked quietly, before falling silent.

Iso wrung her hands. "He going to be okay?" She asked Yvastar. "I already did my general healing spell... I don't know how he'll react too a specialized one..."

Yvastar only shrugged his shoulders. "I have...no idea. Dragons and wyverns are similar in shape, but react completely different to magic. From what I've gathered, he's probably overwhelmed with all the magic and probably needs time to wear off the effects. Much like when humans drink their lovely liquors."

Sighing, he shrugged his shoulders again for extra measures.

"Well a hangover of any kind has never killed anyone before..." Iso smiled.

"Zsalin... we never picked up that dress." She smiled widely.

Zsalin let out a groan at the very mention of that dress. Such a reminder was like being shot in the head- on top of being dropped twice, overloading on magic, and soaked in ice cold water. "Eh..." he managed to get out, before rolling onto his side, curling up into a ball. He didn't need something else to worry about. Yvastar shook his head. "What a weird guy to be hanging around...why are you two together anyway? It doesn't seem like a good match."

"Because he's a good man. And he helped me out so I owe him. I don't like owing people." Iso said, still trying to stretch out her wings near the fire. The heat felt really good on them.

"Help you? Do what?" Yvastar cocked his head, his nose wrinkling. "Probably didn't eat you, that's for sure. All wyverns just love gnawing on- ow!" The staff, which had been motionless and silent, had moved, taking a wide sweep and knocking the man across the top of his head. "What was that for?" he muttered, glaring at the now motionless staff as he rubbed his head. "Hmph. Probably the only thing that's keeping him in that form is you, stupid staff," he grumbled at it, still rubbing his head. The charms only clinked quietly in response.

"I think he said I wouldn't taste good at some point... but he helped me when I was hurt..." Iso said, smiling at the staff

Yvastar scowled, rubbing his head. "How would he know that you'd taste bad? He must've nipped you at some point..." He lowered his hands, glaring at the staff, the charms clinking together. "You're gloating now, aren't you? Pest. Your clinking talk is like nails on a chalkboard." Scowling, his eyes narrowed slightly, nose wrinkling. "If I had to guess, you're just some bound spirit crammed between wood. Probably powerful to keep that guy like that, but not powerful enough to break free, huh?" The charms went silent for a moment, before they clinked twice. "Whatever that's suppose to mean..." he grumbled.

The charms suddenly clinked together rather loudly this time, causing Yvastar to wince. "You stop that clanking! It's annoying!" The staff didn't stop, before it suddenly glowed a strange light hue. A rattling sound came from the room, before a door from the desk burst open, and several pieces of paper, a pen and ink came flying out. They landed on the floor in front of the two, the pen dipping into the ink before scribbling on the paper. I hate explaining things... at least Zsalin never questioned me. Pretty tolerant. And he doesn't shove the wrong words down people's throats. Yvastar blinked down at the words, before scowling. "Who gave you the title of being immortal, stupid staff?" he muttered.

I'm not an 'it', per say, but I suppose in this form, there's no help but to call me as such. And to answer that little thing from before, I'm indeed bound to this staff, but I can break free whenever I please. After all, I bound myself to it. Yvastar snorted as the words were written out. "What sort of idiot would bound themselves?"

Me, of course, the pen scribbled down, the chimes clinking together quietly.