MellaBella

Weddings and Marriage

Well, in my Relationships class we are working on a fun, fake wedding. We voted for who would be the bride and groom, the groomsmen and bridesmaids, the theme of the wedding, and really we just had a lot of fun (and we're actually going through with this too). And, well, it got me thinking.. "Hey! I wonder what my dear forum buddies think about all of this."

So, what is everyone's opinions on marriage? I know that some people just do not like the fact that they have to sign a slip of paper to show the world they love each other. And how about weddings? Hate them, love them? What is YOUR dream wedding? Do tell, do tell. :D

I don't know exactly what I would want for my own wedding.. I just have a couple of ideas. Like having the wedding at an aquarium. I saw a wedding like that.. it was so BEAUTIFUL. They were all surrounded by the fish behind the glass, everything was white and blue and green (my favorite colors, teehee). Oh, it was just wonderful. They had the reception there too. <3

I also want to be able to change my dress inbetween the ceremony and the reception. For the reception I either want an a-line or ballroom gown, but for the reception I just want a tea dress or something. I don't want to be wearing a huge dress all day. Guh.

OHOHOH. AND I WANT MY WEDDING TO BE IN THE FALL. And I want a cake from Charm City Cakes. But I don't want to dance. At all. I hate dancing. :V ...uh yeah. I'll hush up. I sound so girly right now.

Zach, my boyfriend, is a wee bit different with his idea. I don't know about the ceremony, but at the reception he wants game consoles to be set up so he can play video games with his friends and family and not just sit at the head table or dance. GFbfgbd.

I imagine my wedding on horseback, and the reception in our barn(we have a BIG barn trololo). Yes yes, my big redneck wedding all over again.

I'm not exactly one for weddings because I think, why spend so much money on one day, just to say "Hey, I love this person." and make that statement official. I'm not against marriage, but I'll probably end up just going to a drive-thru in Vegas. If I ever do have an official wedding, it will be very small, and my colors will be teal and a very light pink.

Don't really think about it much, but I suppose a Victorian themed wedding would be cool.

With of course a good bit of music... other than here comes the bride, lul.

If all goes as I intend it, mine would be blue and green. That's all I'm saying~ *retreats into the shadows*

Since I'm in a long engagement, I've had a lot of time to think about this! 

I really wanted to have it in a cherry blossom garden, but as the only ones I've really heard of are either in DC or Japan, that doesn't seem likely.

Instead of one big wedding cake, we're going to have a cupcake display with a variety of colors and flavors. I have a hard enough time picking flavors for myself, let alone for myself, my fiance and the family that's close enough to matter.

I'm really excited about this topic wub.gif

Edited by FireAngel73

That sounds sooo pretty FireAngel. <3

I want my cake to be split into different flavors. One part vanilla, one part chocolate, and I want to try Charm City Cakes' popular flavor - pumpkin chocolate chip. That just sounds YUMMY.

Also, I only want family and friends too. But my family.. it is huge. 60+ people, easily. @w@

Edited by MellaBella

Eh, I'm really not sure that I'm going to get married, since there are some things that could make a marriage with me difficult (like me being adamant about NOT having any children. Ever).

If I were to get married, though, I'd probably prefer a small ceremony with just a few people present. Nothing loud or flashy. I... have a bit of a problem with events where everybody expects me to look/act happy. Kind-of irrelevant, but every graduation ceremony I've had, I've wanted to spend curled up in a dark closet instead of being congratulated by people etc, so what should be "the happiest day of your life" would be quite different for me. .__. /hides

OOOHHHHH WEDDINGS!

8DDD

/goes into super girly squee mode

I do want a nice wedding. Not like, hundreds of people big, but the traditional fanceh ceremony. I want a supahfine dress and a gorgeous cake and to look and feel beautiful and lovely and loved.

No beach wedding. Aquarium sounds really cool, actually. o3o I might like to get married in my old church, but the reception would definitely be elsewhere. Colors I want plain and traditional, white and black and bluuuueeee.

Dress is not gonna be uber poofy, but no mermaid tail or super sleek shape. No idea about the cake, probably yellow, or lemon. But it's gonna be purdyyyyy. <3 Not all white though. Want some color on it.

BIRDY COME TO ME AND WE'LL HAVE A DOUBLE WEDDING ONE DAY AND I'LL BE AN ATTENTION HOG <3

Nix, you made me giggle all crazy-like. x3

OH NOES I DIDN'T TELL YOU WHAT WEDDING WE'RE DOING IN SCHOOL AAHHHH.

Okayokayokay. We first voted on what the theme would be. TONS of people wanted to do a blacklight wedding, which would have been freaking AMAZING. Because then we could have painted our clothes and ourselves with blacklight paint and had glowstick accessories and it would've just been AWESOME.

Unfortunately, my teacher's class did that last year. D: So now we are doing a Disney princess wedding. The flower girl will be dressed as Tinkerbell while the ringbearer will be Peter Pan, and the bride and grrom will be Belle and the Beast. Groomsmen will just be.. whatever and the bridesmaids are gonna be the other Disney princesses.

I think that's a little bit.. MUCH, for a wedding. I would have much preferred to do a medieval wedding instead of this cheesy Disney stuff. But hey, I'm sure it will be fun. :3

We had to design a menu for a wedding reception for class XD

Honestly, I want a nice wedding. Maybe something nontraditional- I want to have fun at my wedding. It's not really something I've put thought into, though. It's always been more of a dream XD;

Okayokayokay. We first voted on what the theme would be. TONS of people wanted to do a blacklight wedding, which would have been freaking AMAZING. Because then we could have painted our clothes and ourselves with blacklight paint and had glowstick accessories and it would've just been AWESOME.

Unfortunately, my teacher's class did that last year. D: So now we are doing a Disney princess wedding. The flower girl will be dressed as Tinkerbell while the ringbearer will be Peter Pan, and the bride and grrom will be Belle and the Beast. Groomsmen will just be.. whatever and the bridesmaids are gonna be the other Disney princesses.

I think that's a little bit.. MUCH, for a wedding. I would have much preferred to do a medieval wedding instead of this cheesy Disney stuff. But hey, I'm sure it will be fun. :3

Mission accomplished. x3

All 3 of those themes sound really fun and I'm jealous. The groomsmen will obviously have to be other Disney princes. Eric for Ariel, the Prince for Cinderella, Naveen if you have a Tiana, etc. :3

Kilaaaaa cater my future wedding and give your DC buddy a discount? xd.png

Edited by NixAyum

Being one of those pesky gays, I can't technically get married where I live now, of course. xd.png I'd have to go out to Vermont or whatnot, and personally I wouldn't want to get married in some foreign place hundreds of miles away. I'd want it to be close to home, it'd feel more special. <3

And anyway. I'm not much for formal stuff, so I don't know if I'd get married or not. If I did, it would probably be very small, just close relatives and such. I wouldn't want to make a big deal of it... Not to say that it wouldn't BE a big deal, I mean...

Bah. Perhaps marriage is just too mature of a thought for my childish mind. =b I don't care if I get married or not. As long as I'm living with my loved one and she loves me, that's all I need. <33

Edited by Alpha Gryph

I don't know much of what I want my wedding to be like yet, or where I want it to be. I just know I want it to be really nice, and for pink to be one of the colours (yes, pink is my favourite). I even have my sights set on a dress, which is pink. c:

I don't know much of what I want my wedding to be like yet, or where I want it to be.  I just know I want it to be really nice, and for pink to be one of the colours (yes, pink is my favourite).  I even have my sights set on a dress, which is pink. c:

Ohhhh, pink isn't my favorite color, but that dress is beautiful. O:

Here's a dress that I think is just gorgeous and I would just looooove to have it: Front view Back view

I want a Beauty and the Beast-themed wedding. I've been working on a dress styled after Beast's suit for it. It'll probably never happen (Forever alone... ;-; ) but I can dream, anyway.

I've wanted to dance to 'Tale as Old as Time' for years, and that ballooned into a full-blown B&tB wedding.

I like your boyfriend's idea of video games at the reception, though, Mella. I'd so do that if I could figure a way to work it into a princessy wedding...

Ohhhh, pink isn't my favorite color, but that dress is beautiful. O:

Here's a dress that I think is just gorgeous and I would just looooove to have it: Front view Back view

Thank you. ^^ I really, really want to/hope I can wear it when I get married.

Also, the dress you linked is really pretty~ I love the back side. tongue.gif

MellaBella said:

Oh my gosh that would have been awesome! I mean, not as my wedding, because I want one a bit more traditional, but it would have been awesome to fake or to attend as a guest lol

I would have much preferred to do a medieval wedding instead of this cheesy Disney stuff. But hey, I'm sure it will be fun. :3

We actually considered a Renaissance themed wedding, with authentic style clothing, but I eventually nixed the idea. Too difficult to find authentic, good-quality, comfortable AND pretty clothes anywhere I could get to it. Also...where would we have held it?

I really wanted this wedding dress, but obviously it won't be around by the time I get married. It's actually been taken off the site already. But something similar, I like the style. I don't want a huge Princess-style gown. I have a slight hourglass shape and I don't want to cover it all up. Besides, my..."hips" are my best asset...no pun intended tongue.gif

Edited by FireAngel73

Not really planning on getting married, but too early to say/too young to say. It'd probably be a simple and fairly quiet affair. Probably not even a cake. Something nature-y would be nice.

Neither my bf or I are interested in marriage. x3

My old best friend loves to plan weddings and planned mine out for me but I just got bored and quit listening.

So it's kind of weird that I always plan her proposal. Her bf would have to ask me to marry her and then we'd do a musical for him to propose to her. >D

Mostly just because I wanted to do a real life musical. Now that we've fallen apart I really don't care.

As for the marriage for myself - well, my bf's parents kind of killed the idea for him. His father was heavily abusive towards his mother, him, and his sister, and it gave him a bad understanding of marriage. He always talks about it like it's a ball and chain. I get where he's coming from, though I do feel he's a bit over the top about it.

As for myself? Not sure. It could be because when I was younger I saw a lot of the bad side of my parents relationship (or maybe those just stuck out at me more). Or maybe it's just because I'm odd and have never been interested in marriage. I get the point, I just don't see it for myself.

/is all serious amidst the girly wedding squealing :B

I love the marrige thing and all, I just hate weddings. It's just because I have to dress in a dress. And I haven't worn a dress in 8 years. I don't dress fancy either. The fanciest I dress is with a nice shirt, some jeans and some nice shoes. So when someone asks me to their wedding, I prob won't go because I hate fancy stuff, and I always will.

Ok, I don't want to get married when I'm older.

The only guys around here are... just ew.

I like the computer geek type, and everyone at school calls me a geek because I can copy and paste. And I write blitzmax code all the time and fix minor computer problems in addition to that (they don't know).

The point is that all the boys are either the outside type or they only go on the computer to play shooting games.

But... If I ever found someone, my wedding would be... fast paced. At an aquarium. Going to weddings is quite boring to me. I can't stand wearing dresses.

I love the marrige thing and all, I just hate weddings. It's just because I have to dress in a dress. And I haven't worn a dress in 8 years. I don't dress fancy either. The fanciest I dress is with a nice shirt, some jeans and some nice shoes. So when someone asks me to their wedding, I prob won't go because I hate fancy stuff, and I always will.

Out of curiosity, how old are you? Your profile puts you at 11, and if that's true, I wouldn't count myself out just yet ;p

A lot of us don't decide that a wedding is worth it until later in life, or until we meet the right guy/girl. Of course, you've got those who actually don't want a wedding, I'm just saying never say never smile.gifDid I just quote that Bieber movie?

Ok, I don't want to get married when I'm older.

The only guys around here are... just ew.

I like the computer geek type, and everyone at school calls me a geek because I can copy and paste. And I write blitzmax code all the time and fix minor computer problems in addition to that (they don't know).

The point is that all the boys are either the outside type or they only go on the computer to play shooting games.

But... If I ever found someone, my wedding would be... fast paced. At an aquarium. Going to weddings is quite boring to me. I can't stand wearing dresses.

If your main problem is not having any guys that are attractive to you, that could easily change in college. I'm not going to say "oh college is great blah blah" because I don't much care for it, but you do have the chance to meet a lot of people more like yourself.

Edited by FireAngel73

Not officially engaged, but me and my boyfriend have been picking out stuff that we want for our wedding like dresses, cakes, flowers, centerpieces, and rings for a few months now. It'll probably be pretty simple and traditional, minus the church stuff. I just worry about our parents pressuring us to get married in a church because we come from catholic families but he's agnostic and I'm atheist.

Ah, a wedding. A only day aside from Halloween that provides an acceptable excuse for an adult to dress up in frilly princess nonsense. And I will take full advantage of that, thank you.

Since we're all talking about ideal weddings I'm just going to go nuts.

I'll never wear any of those ugly mermaid-tail shoulderless atrocities, I want my wedding gown to look like this. 8D I'd like to have an outdoor wedding in either the spring or the fall, so that I don't die in my dress made of frilly win. The groom should be clean-shaven, dressed up like Prince Albert, and have his hair long. At least shoulder-length.

I want a metal rendition of Pachebel's Canon played as I walk down the aisle. The priest doing the wedding dedications and leading the prayers and whatnot should be able to pull off a Nathan Explosion-style death metal growl throughout the whole thing. And then I want a metal rendition of whatever that other song is that they play at the end of the ceremony as we leave. I haven't figured out the reception yet, but I'll probably have metal playing there too. Also the food should be served while on fire.

I want a pretty Victorian cake covered in froof. Something like this. I want to cut it with a Viking-style dagger.

SO BASICALLY:

Everything that is prissy and girly becomes even more prissy and girly.

Everything that's boring becomes metal.

:3