GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow, thank you for making those graphs! Wow. I really hope that some kind of big change is in the works, and that this isn't an indication of how breeding is going to be from now on. :/

Commons are breeding just fine, it is only us mass metal breeders being effected smile.gif

-->

Not really, from the many posts it seems commons are not as affected as the metals and the stripes, but still not breeding like before.

-->

My figures are from breeding i did right after your post saying commons were not breeding!

* Congratulations, nice to hear you've had 70% success rate breeding commons &

* Thank you Tridy for the great graphs! smile.gif

erm, Where did I say or suggest that Commons were not breeding? My contention was and is still that not only are the breeding rates for Stripes, Metals & Blacks affected, but even common breedings have been affected. Granted, Not As much as with the less common but still. And having said that; it seems oddly random as some people are having great successes while others are not.

I haven't had much luck the past few days with breeding, but, I have to admit, it has been nice to see some of the eggs that have been showing up in the cave. I have seen a couple CB Blacks, which was unheard of for me before. I was even able to catch my very first CB Ice! The only way I could have ever dreamed of getting one of those before was to trade for them!

It is a little irritating, not seeing my pretties produce offspring, but, right now, I'm just as happy collecting more CB's anyway! And, none of my golds have ever given me a gold offspring yet, and only one silver - although that was totally awesome when it happened! smile.gif

I bred my metallics now with several different common dragons.

From all breedings (most likely 30 attempts)

I only got 1 green egg.

The rest was always an unsuccessful attempt.

I don't get it... I really took commons and it's the same now. No eggs at all.

I am still doing fine by breeding my commons. It's possible that people that are, aren't posting to this thread since the topic is about unsuccessful breeding. And it kinda feels like rubbing someone's nose in dirt if I post I am when others aren't.

The whole issue does make me wonder if it ties back into earthquaking. If the system got confused by counting both the removed blacks and the added blacks, or got itself into a loop due to how quickly they were being added and removed. Which still spells into having to let the ratios adjust. But that type of knowledge is really technical and starts going into making TJ splain how the site works.

I bred four golds and two silvers and got one egg -- a Swallowtail. I find that, given the dragons I bred them with, this isn't totally unreasonable. I breed one with a black, one with an alt black, one with a pillow and...well, I can't seem to figure out the other two.

I bred my CB stripe with a marrow and 6 of my colored stripes with each other and got zero eggs. I'm not surprised about the stripes - they've been bred like crazy since the black stripe came out, and I only bred them with other stripes.

I don't usually breed just commons, so I can't really add to that part of the discussion...but I'm just saying, I don't see it as a bad thing that this seems to be affecting mass breeders. The reason we don't have many CB blacks/whites/what-have-yous anymore is because people breed long, ugly lineages for the sole purpose of tossing them. This also contributes to cave block. I'm just saying.

Edit: just saw a pink from a silver in the AP. Tossed it back.

Edited by FireAngel73

Where is the data from those graphs coming from?

Looking at that graph, something is definitely wrong. However, the issue I see is not that there are no black eggs, it's that that the graph doesn't reflect the current number of eggs out there.

There are currently just as many black eggs as there are pillow eggs. That graph certainly seems to report otherwise.

The graph comes from a single hatchery, as far as I know.

Where is the data from those graphs coming from?

Looking at that graph, something is definitely wrong. However, the issue I see is not that there are no black eggs, it's that that the graph doesn't reflect the current number of eggs out there.

There are currently just as many black eggs as there are pillow eggs. That graph certainly seems to report otherwise.

@TJ09 >

Normally I wouldn't question your numbers, but in this case I actually do. Is it possible that there's something off with the server/program/whatever that produces the numbers you check (and which controls the breeding I assume)?

I know that the numbers in the graph are only from one hatchery, and of course they might be wrong, but looking through the eggs at the various hatcheries, they actually seem to match what one sees: There are VERY few blacks and metallics, and most of those there are are hatchlings.

I know the hatcheries do not contain all eggs, and these numbers are only from one hatchery, but on the other hand there is no reason to believe that this is not a statistically true (within uncertainties) representation. There is no reason to believe that this hatchery represents users that differ significantly from the overall trend.

I frequently see the argument that what people reports here on the fora does not represent the total member mass, but only a part. That is true - but it is arguable so that the members who use the forum are the most dedicated members. I think it's safe to say that the members on the forum are the one that use the site most seriously and who breed their dragons systematically - and thus have the best feeling with breeding trends.

If we were talking about just one or two people who experienced off patterns for a day or two, I would just say it was random, but all members I've heard who breed their blacks, stripes and metallics systematically report the same - here on the forum, on the IRC, and on other sites where I meet people who use DC. And when there are statistics like those shown by Tridymite that show exactly the same, I don't believe it's just a figment of randomness.

If this is the ratios balancing themselves, I would ask you - how often are these ratios "checking" themselves? It seems it must have been a long time since they were last check for them to become offset so massively as to have such a dramatic drop to get things right.

If this is the ratios balancing themselves, I would ask you - how often are these ratios "checking" themselves? It seems it must have been a long time since they were last check for them to become offset so massively as to have such a dramatic drop to get things right.

Was it just me paying more attention/being able to catch silvers, but was there a metal explosion of breeding in Feb/March? I got all but one of my silvers (bred and caught from FFAs) during that time period. They completely stopped breeding anything 'cept a couple common/uncommon eggs (pink and nebula) about two weeks ago and in the past week I didn't get anything from them at all.

Maybe things need to be tweeked so breeding is a bit more even (except for brand new releases?) rather than coming in waves if that's what's happening.

i have to agree that something is definitely wrong.

i haven't been able to breed anything and i would almost always get an egg from my Metals,Blacks, and Stripes even if it was a common. they now produce nothing.

Trading is pretty much at a standstill. DC is not as much fun when breeding is out of wack! sad.gif

Was it just me paying more attention/being able to catch silvers, but was there a metal explosion of breeding in Feb/March?

I was wondering the same thing. I grabbed a lot of silvers from the Departure Thread during that time period.

Are we having another metallic glitch?

Was it just me paying more attention/being able to catch silvers, but was there a metal explosion of breeding in Feb/March? I got all but one of my silvers (bred and caught from FFAs) during that time period. They completely stopped breeding anything 'cept a couple common/uncommon eggs (pink and nebula) about two weeks ago and in the past week I didn't get anything from them at all.

Maybe things need to be tweeked so breeding is a bit more even (except for brand new releases?) rather than coming in waves if that's what's happening.

Yes, there WAS a metallic explosion during march - which is why I bring the question up with the frequency of ratios "checking" themselves.

Point is, if ratios check themselves very often - say, every day - fluctuations will be very small. For instance, if there are a few too many blacks, black breeding will be less succesfull next day, which will fix the problem almost immediately.

Conversely, if ratios only "check" themselves infrequently - say, once a month - things can get very much off balance. For instance, if ratio was (unusually) low for metallics when checking for March, metal breeding would have had high success following that, which would cause an overload of metallic eggs - which would then cause a dramatic back-lash once April "check" hits, because suddenly metallics are way high in ratios.

So if the latter was the case, that might indeed explain what we see now. I always thought ratios checked themselves daily, but opposite might explain some of the trends we sometimes see - like certain breeds being very freequent in some times, and then suddenly for long times being almost absent, and then later returning (like recently Nocturnes and Electrics were added to 'rare trading list', and now they're blocking the cave constantly).

I'm certainly no math (or graph) wizard but something definitely seems off. All of my pairings are failing. Not just the metallics or stripes but they seem the worst effected. I've bred several silvers (longer lineages) that used to, or at least one or two, produce me an egg and now--zip. None of my other pairings have taken either. Just perplexed at the moment. The only way to get an egg seems not to be through breeding (it's been quite a bit of time since I've seen the ap so low) but catching them in the cave. Now, mind you, I love the long cave drops but it's strange to see that my scroll seems to be in anti-breeding mode at the moment.

I just bred pretty much everything on my scroll and the only successes were the Day Glory/Night Glory drakes and my Goldfish. Everyone else was unsuccessful or not in the mood.

When can the Purple "Fertility" BSA come online?

I did a dozen or so more black attempts today, and finally got a black egg. Makes me happy as blacks are one of my favs.

The couple that finally worked was Black x Snow angle.

nice. bred my two Magmas today and got Magmas from both. let's wait what Thunders say...

Haven't bred anything since the plummet in breeding rates - decided to try golds tonight. Results:

Common eggs: gold/autumn 1/1. gold/fog 1/1.

None produced: gold/pink 3. /guardian 1. /nocturne 1. /black 12. /hellfire 4. /white 3. /stripe 3. /sunsong 1. /magi 1. /nebula 1.

(total of 30 here)

I'm not counting "no interest" or refusals at all.

Given that more than half of these are proven pairs that have a historical 50%+ egg-production rate... I'm not concluding the breeding rate's returned. :'P

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Seems like magmas getting ok now... as I see ppl report breeding success! Gratz.

Wow.

I didn't realize this "breeding recession" was so bad.

Hopefully blacks/the others will start reproducing at a normal rate again soon.

:x

Wow.

I didn't realize this "breeding recession" was so bad.

Hopefully blacks/the others will start reproducing at a normal rate again soon.

:x

Well, they could be still ok, as Silvies has only stats for the TOP breeds on her site. So blacks could still be 170is but not in the TOPs. wink.gif

(But I will hold all mine until this normalizes)

Well, they could be still ok, as Silvies has only stats for the TOP breeds on her site. So blacks could still be 170is but not in the TOPs. wink.gif

(But I will hold all mine until this normalizes)

But still... If they continue to follow this trend...

I can't remember a time without blacks. @_@

Of course, I'm overreacting (It's extremely late here), but I think I will hold on to mine until they start producing again as well.

It's pathetic because they're my main gold pairing fodder, but I guess golds aren't producing very well either... according to Silvi's at least.

Well, considering all my failures lately I'm not wasting anymore breeding attempts until the success rate starts to stabilize i.e. a more normal ratio of success. I'd rather not keep trying and losing my breeding pairs for another week when I'm pretty sure nothing is coming out of any of my attempts.