GForce

Breeding mostly unsuccessful

Bred any of these in the last few days?  

883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've only bred 2 blue ridgewings with some difficulty and a single pink egg. Dragons aren't producin' like they used to x3

Breeding has been rather hit or miss for me... but I've had luck with pinks, vines, nebbies & fluffies. My silvers which unusually breed well, have hit a dry spell. I wanted to try again with breeding some black stripoes for the AP, but nothing there.

I did have a pair of fluffies refuse which never refused before... *sighs*

Breeding has been rather hit or miss for me... but I've had luck with pinks, vines, nebbies & fluffies. My silvers which unusually breed well, have hit a dry spell. I wanted to try again with breeding some black stripoes for the AP, but nothing there.

I did have a pair of fluffies refuse which never refused before... *sighs*

kiramaru7 could you possibly post a link to the pair here if you had successful breeding before and now a refusal; TJ asked for examples earlier on in the thread

thanks smile.gif

Day 9 of the "drought". Estimated around 185 metal pairs bred. 0 blacks/stripes/metals as a result.

I tried to bred my silver and get nothing, bred almost every dragon on my scroll and only got sunsong and sunset egg sad.gif even dragons that were always succesful gave me nothing sad.gif

It's about time some one to do something about that ( i mean the admin ), but it seams no one care about us, and the problem whit breeding.

The only breed that seem to be getting more common are tinsels. :s

And holy censorkip.gif at the number of metals there!

wait a minute, are there any blacks on the site at all?

Edited by DarkEternity

That's what I was thinking. Scary, because I've seen how many metals are on people's scrolls o.ooooo

People do care, but I admit, I find it a little strange that it feels like we haven't seen a silver or a gold for (probably) more than a month in the cave.

There are black dragons, but they don't appear as often as they used to. However, that doesn't mean you won't find any in the AP.

Frankly, I wouldn't be suprised if nebs joined the big dry very soon. Their numbers are taking a huge dive too.

Just bred a magma!

Today and tomorrow I'll breed ~15 metallics, maybe I'll get an egg. Last week, I only got 2 common eggs.

Was it just me paying more attention/being able to catch silvers, but was there a metal explosion of breeding in Feb/March? I got all but one of my silvers (bred and caught from FFAs) during that time period. They completely stopped breeding anything 'cept a couple common/uncommon eggs (pink and nebula) about two weeks ago and in the past week I didn't get anything from them at all.

Maybe things need to be tweeked so breeding is a bit more even (except for brand new releases?) rather than coming in waves if that's what's happening.

I thought someone said (at that time) that TJ had re-set the 'numbers' for metallics so they had an 11% chance of giving an egg. It was really refreshing to actually get eggs waaaay back when last month.

All I know is that beasts that have been very reliable egg-producers have just QUIT producing, so to say that the numbers are just the same seems kinda........

The only breed that seem to be getting more common are tinsels. :s

And holy censorkip.gif at the number of metals there!

wait a minute, are there any blacks on the site at all?

No. That means the blacks aren't one of the top breeds. There could be 191 of them that only shows the top 15.

No. That means the blacks aren't one of the top breeds. There could be 191 of them that only shows the top 15.

Yes, thats right.

Others can be just lurk under this mark...

I refreshed a few times and saw a black egg and hatchie.

Frankly, I wouldn't be suprised if nebs joined the big dry very soon. Their numbers are taking a huge dive too.

Well, Nebulas were being bred pretty hard and heavy when the alts were introduced so it would make sense if those numbers lowered for awhile. The numbers should, technically, even out eventually for all the breeds. Quite frankly, with the way blacks were being overbred (along with stripes), I'm not surprised we're not seeing a lot of those eggs right now, though it IS weird that they aren't even giving 'off breed' eggs with other commons. I haven't tried breeding any blacks or stripes lately but I've had good luck breeding my other commons (and there have been moments of blocked AP so most commons ARE breeding).

So to summarize: NOT shocked blacks and stripes aren't breeding as many blacks and stripes.

AM 'shocked' (though shock really isn't the right word) there have been so many reports that they aren't breeding even other common eggs when paired with black/stripes/metallics.

I wonder why the blacks dropped so sharply. One day the AP was blocked with them and quite literally the next there's none at all...

I tried all gold, silver, trio, stripeds but they refused each other and 2 did together but said no egg produced oh well.. hope try again later after 7 days. tongue.gif that twice or third time to make new egg but no luck. smile.gif

I've only bred once recently, and I got an egg from it. Granted it wasn't a black or a stripe, but I got an egg.

I just have a hard time believing that there are as many black eggs as pillow eggs. I look at any fansite and see lots of pillows floating around, but not near as many blacks as pillows. I have a real hard time believing that there are that many out there that no one on here is seeing. I strongly believe the system is glitched in some way.

I've only bred once recently, and I got an egg from it.  Granted it wasn't a black or a stripe, but I got an egg.

I just have a hard time believing that there are as many black eggs as pillow eggs.  I look at any fansite and see lots of pillows floating around, but not near as many blacks as pillows.  I have a real hard time believing that there are that many out there that no one on here is seeing.  I strongly believe the system is glitched in some way.

While most recent breedings produce nothing but goose eggs, so to speak, I've sometimes been getting Whites and I did get a Purple Thuwed the other day.

But every day I've been breeding a few metallics, mainly out of curiosity after all the no-egg results apparently right across the forum - not that I usually get metals out of the deal, apart from that brief burst of shiny so lamentably past.

Just now I tried a Silver and Black and a Gold and Stripe, with predictable non-results.

(But I'll bet that if I tried one of the longer lineaged Golds I don't breed, I'd get an ugly of some kind, lol.)

I agree that it appears that something is rotten in the State of DragCave... eggs, mostly...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Just to add to these numbers, the owner of Silve's has kindly informed me there are currently 35 blacks on that site, 12 of which are eggs.

I tried breeding 8 metallics last night. Not one single egg, even of a common variety. It's not that they weren't interested, just nothing came of it. O.o

I finally got an egg from a Black/Mint union...and was predictably a Mint.

Just to add to these numbers, the owner of Silve's has kindly informed me there are currently 35 blacks on that site, 12 of which are eggs.

Holy smokes.

That's not good.

I wonder if the owners of the other fansites are capable of finding out how many blacks there are on their sites.

That might be very informative.

@_@