Tiki G

Making Zombies Appear All Day

Well?  

348 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Suggestion: Make Zombies appear all day rather than just at night.

Or put them on the Night Nocturne's schedule (6pm to 6am)

It doesn't say anywhere in their description about when they appear and from what I recall, normal zombies can wreak havoc all day long. XP

The biggest reason why I suggested this is because I'm tired of my Zombies moving around all the time. I am sick of having to re-sort them every night because they just won't stay. It's rather annoying if you ask me.

This has now been fixed! Thank you TJ!

Also, I rather like their sprites (especially the hatchies) and would like to see them more often. ^__^

So, suggestions, comments, objections?

Edited by tikigurl91

I don't really care as I'm six hours earlier than Cave time - so for me Zombies come out between 6a.m. and noon anyway. wink.gif

What I don't see, though, is how making them visible all the time/by day would help your sorting problem. They wander about - they are the restless (and in most films brainless) undead who won't stay in their graves. wink.gif

I actually love to see them pop up all over the place - so whether they might become constantly visible or not: Please don't stop their restless wanderings biggrin.gif

Edited by Tiuvelin

Well from what I've heard, the reason why they 'wander' is because they don't have a set number for sorting since they disappear during the day or something along those lines (don't quote me on that, I can't remember the exact reason).

Well from what I've heard, the reason why they 'wander' is because they don't have a set number for sorting since they disappear during the day or something along those lines (don't quote me on that, I can't remember the exact reason).

If that's the mechanics, I should have voted "no" instead of "I don't care" as the wandering bit is one of the things that make the Zombies so special in my mind.

Sorry, but I have to say no on this matter. While you may think that the zombies in movies have walked around the town day and night, the creature in question is more of a night's creature. And I believe that artist in question also thought about the same aspect.

The zombies are mindless, but there are more movies and games from them withdrawing back into their coffins or getting destroyed from sunlight. In fact, I fail to see how a zombie, who has been under more and more layers of earth, would suddenly be able to withstand sunlight. In goddess knows how many games... zombies, ghouls, skeletons, ghosts, vampires and other night-creatures or creatures living in shadows and darkness, have been weak to light-spellls or other holy-related stuff. And very first thing you think, when you see zombie in a game? It is weak against fire and light.

A zombie rising from their grave middle of day? I would say that they get sunburns very quickly or atleast instantly blind from the sunlight... Or get decayed into non-excistance. That is why dead people are stored in cold before funerals... to prevent getting rotten.

So... no day-time zombies in Dragon Cave, thank you. Sorting problems? Use legacy sorting, then they will surely stay nicely in their place.

Edited by Moonlightelf

This was, in fact, proposed before. The title of the thread was something along the lines of making permanent tombstones for zombies. They even had some different tombstones sprited. The long and the short of it is, TJ said no. The thread was locked, and seems to have disappeared.

I'm not in favor of this myself. I think the way zombies are handled is fine.

Moonlightelf, they don't stay put with legacy sorting either.

This was, in fact, proposed before. The title of the thread was something along the lines of making permanent tombstones for zombies. They even had some different tombstones sprited. The long and the short of it is, TJ said no. The thread was locked, and seems to have disappeared.

I'm not in favor of this myself. I think the way zombies are handled is fine.

Moonlightelf, they don't stay put with legacy sorting either.

I did think someone said if you numbered right, they did. I don't use it myself, but something to do with leaving a big number gap around them so they didn't move every time a new adult showed up ?

I like them as evil creatures of the night too.... I just wish I had one !

Yes, I have tried Legacy Sort and it still does not keep them in place.

I've read that the only way to keep them in place for sure is to completely switch to Legacy Sort and change the way you sort your dragons and... well, no thank you.

And thanks Fiona, I do remember that now. But I don't remember the discussion.

It just doesn't make sense to me that Zombies only appear at night but not Vampires. Sure, Zombies may be more susceptible to sunlight or fire but... isn't that like one of the things that kills Vampires?

They may be just Vampire Dragons, but they do bite eggs to turn them into Vampires, so why wouldn't they be harmed by the sun?

Unless they just sparkle int he sun instead. /shot

And like I said, I would like to see them all the time, not just at night. When they show up for me, it's past midnight. And while I may be up for a little bit during that time, I'm still up more during the day.

I don't mind how the sprite only shows up at night--but I would like if the tombstone could at least show up during the day, like that other topic suggested (I remember that one!), it would be nice.

(Like people have said, the reason they wander is because while other dragons adjust their numbers accordingly when you get another dragon, zombies are ignored by the sort when they're not visible. I don't have mine move because I use legacy and have mine assigned to 0 so it always shows up at the top of my scroll. You can also give them some insanely large number to keep them at the bottom all the time)

I rather like this idea - I rarely see my Zombies :< I don't have a clue where they are, either...from what I know, they seem to come out in my timezone starting after I go to sleep (at like 2am or later most of the time) and don't stay long enough for me to see them after school. And seeing as I don't log on from my netbook which I use in the mornings... I bet a lot of other people have a similar problem.

And what's the point of going through all the effort only not to see them at all? There could even be a setting to make Zombies either always visible or visible at the current times, pleasing both sides.

tl;dr: I like this idea, but it should be optional so they appear at the current times for people who prefer that.

I voted yes b/c I would love to see them all the time and just not see their headstones show up on the 31st of every month and all day on Halloween for only one day out of the year. When the 31st came last month I saw a headstone pop up and I was like "huh??" clicking on it reminded me "oh yea I made a zombie last year." I totally forgot about their headstones showing up during the day on the 31st of each month until that day. Besides unless I see it on Halloween I'm never awake to see mine b/c I can't stay up that late. So yes I say make them zombies visible during the day. If anything the vampires need to only show up at night IMO anyway.

WB

Perhaps as a compromise, make them match Glory drake times? Instead of only having them show up in the late-late night/early morning hours, give them the whole dusk/night/morning span, 6pm-6am. They're still up mainly when it's darker, but they cover a wider, more accessible range, so people would at least be able to see them, even if not as often as they'd like. And it wouldn't use the nixed permanent tombstone idea, either (which I clearly remember, but don't recall being closed, so maybe I missed the tail end of that thread...).

Keep in mind that DC zombies aren't really the same as zombies from movies. No reason they need to follow the same logic. :3

However, I am neutral on this idea, since I don't have any zombies yet, so it's hard to know what I'd really think about them on my scroll. At this point, I'd love to just have one. x3

I guess it is hard on people in different time zones. We in the UK get to see them more than players in the US, for instance !

I don't mind how the sprite only shows up at night--but I would like if the tombstone could at least show up during the day, like that other topic suggested (I remember that one!), it would be nice.

I agree with this idea. Yesterday I did a search twice on my scroll for my zombies and forgot they're invisible most of the time.

Sock, there's different logic governing different types of zombies. Movie zombies aren't too bright, but Resident Evil zombies are super-smart. What kind of logic do you think Dragon Cave zombies follow (since they wander all over a scroll with Sorting?)

my zombies moving around to hang out with the vampires or my chirstmas dragons I find amusing. I don't mind them not showing up all day.

I like the idea of them matching Night Glory times so people could enjoy them more. A daytime tombstone with a slightly altered "zombie" appearance would be nice to.

.....never could wrap my head around why zombies only come out to play after midnight but vampires are around all the time since both are creatures of the night. *I don't do Twilight*

Sock, there's different logic governing different types of zombies. Movie zombies aren't too bright, but Resident Evil zombies are super-smart. What kind of logic do you think Dragon Cave zombies follow (since they wander all over a scroll with Sorting?)

What their creators created them as. I believe it was TJ who commented before that they don't follow other zombie logic. :3

For reference:

Failed attempts to experiment with magic often result in transforming carrots into these hellish creatures. They are extremely dangerous, and will mindlessly kill any living creature without regard to friend or foe.

/excuse the carrots

(If it were really Twilight, the vampires would become shiny during the day tongue.gif).

It'd be nice to be able to see them during the day. Maybe add viewing options?

I just wish it was timed more for each person's timezone. I don't think it is fair that because you live in a certain timezone, you can see it at an easy time of day, while those who live in a similar timezone to DC's have to wait until awfully late to see it.

I also wish you could see them earlier at night, I don't see why it has to be exactly at midnight. I don't mind them not showing up all day, but I do wish it was set where you don't have to stay up real late just to see a dragon you own.

Edited by Nectaris

I don't mind that my zombie moves around, I like it when he's "alive and walks around as he pleases".

And when it comes to the time they're "awake", I don't mind it either, since it's six in the morning for me when they wake up. But I understand those who lives in other time zones... So I don't mind the idea to have them match the Night Glory times, it would be better for those in other time zones.

I prefer Zombies' crazy timing. It makes them more unique, etc. Truthfully, I love it because it helped me stay awake and receive a Silver. *Will tell story later*

I'm neutral on this. I do have 3 Zombies and my Zombies never move. I used Legacy Custom Sort and put them at the bottom with a very high number and they've never moved.

I use Legacy Custom sort and my zombie never moves -- he's always right in the middle of my daydreams where I left him. (He was originally a daydream dragon. I was going to put him at the top of my scroll, but I decided I liked having a dead thing lurking in the midst of my daydreams.) I wouldn't mind if he wandered around, though.

I also find it kind of fun that he's invisible most of the time. I tend to forget he's there, then when I just happen to be looking at my scroll after midnight Cave Time and he shows up, it's a nice little surprise.

If TJ didn't like having them show all day then I would be OK with them matching the Day Glory's time span I guess. Although I would prefer to see them all the time. I like their sprites and I like to have them with my other Halloween Dragons and it just irks me when midnight rolls around and I see them messing with my Cheeses. >.<

And Sock, they seem like normal Zombies to me. Running around mindlessly killing anything that moves. tongue.gif

Edit:: Also, I would really rather not have to use Legacy Sort. I just don't like it, like Custom Sort. I use Alternate Sort almost all the time. I have a lot of dragons and it's just much easier that way.

Plus all those numbers confuse me with Legacy Sort. XP

Edited by tikigurl91