Tiki G

Making Zombies Appear All Day

Well?  

348 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess it is hard on people in different time zones. We in the UK get to see them more than players in the US, for instance !

You do? I don't, I'm rarely on the actual cave in the only time I'm at home when the zombies are out, aka now. Darn school.

And not being able to see them gets irritating very quickly, especially with their moving.

But either way, restating what I said about that it should be a setting so people who prefer the old times only see Zombies then and people who like seeing them all the time, can.

Moonlightelf, they don't stay put with legacy sorting either.

Tell that to my Zombies? Because they are being nice and staying right where I want them to be. Which is after my White dragons.

You do? I don't, I'm rarely on the actual cave in the only time I'm at home when the zombies are out, aka now. Darn school.

And not being able to see them gets irritating very quickly, especially with their moving.

But either way, restating what I said about that it should be a setting so people who prefer the old times only see Zombies then and people who like seeing them all the time, can.

Breakfast... smile.gif

I don't really care as I'm six hours earlier than Cave time - so for me Zombies come out between 6a.m. and noon anyway. wink.gif

What I don't see, though, is how making them visible all the time/by day would help your sorting problem. They wander about - they are the restless (and in most films brainless) undead who won't stay in their graves. wink.gif

I actually love to see them pop up all over the place - so whether they might become constantly visible or not: Please don't stop their restless wanderings biggrin.gif

Same here, I have to walk up early to get the chance of seeing them tongue.gif

I totally agree with you, although I wouldn't love to see the vampires appearing at night which is the very early morning for me, and I don't mind them still wandering around the scroll tongue.gif

I don't want the Vampires to appear only at night either. I was just stating that it's a little backwards.

I think you should be able to see all of your dragons all the time.

I just thought of something here. When you look at someone's scroll page, it says that you see illustrations of dragons, not a bunch of massive dragons walking around. But then you guys all say you want your Zombies to move around because they're the kind of free-roaming corpse types. How does a blob of ink move around on a peice of paper?

Conclusion, user posted image = Is on Dragcave. That sneaky feller.

(If you get the joke you get a cookie.)

i have zombies, a full-grown and a hatchling. i'd like to see them more and i think it is anoying that i have to wait till its midnight just to look at one of them. if we saw them all day, we would know who has them and who doesn't, it is tireing to stay up just to see who has one.

I just thought of something here. When you look at someone's scroll page, it says that you see illustrations of dragons, not a bunch of massive dragons walking around. But then you guys all say you want your Zombies to move around because they're the kind of free-roaming corpse types. How does a blob of ink move around on a peice of paper?

Conclusion, user posted image = Is on Dragcave. That sneaky feller.

(If you get the joke you get a cookie.)

Ahahahaahaha, I totally thought about the same thing xd.png

I don't understand why they would be so late, either. We all (I hope) have lives outside DC, and therefore probably do not have the time to stay up super late to see a sprite suddenly appear. For those that do, congrats xd.png But I feel it's pointless to have the sprite in the first place if it isn't around to see when people are normally online.

I also don't understand why the tombstone thing got nicked. That seemed pretty logical, and I quite like the idea.

Perhaps as a compromise, make them match Glory drake times?  Instead of only having them show up in the late-late night/early morning hours, give them the whole dusk/night/morning span, 6pm-6am.  They're still up mainly when it's darker, but they cover a wider, more accessible range, so people would at least be able to see them, even if not as often as they'd like.  And it wouldn't use the nixed permanent tombstone idea, either (which I clearly remember, but don't recall being closed, so maybe I missed the tail end of that thread...).

This sounds fab. I don't have any zombies, but if I did, I would never be able to see them because even though I'm a grown-up and I could stay up late if I wanted, I almost always have to go to bed fairly early so that I can wake up at 7 and do grown-up things all day the next day.

If they were always visible it would ruin the fun and the specialness of them, but extending their hours somewhat would let people actually enjoy them sometimes. If it's 'nighttime' in the cave while night glories are laid and while nocturnes are in their active form, why is 'nighttime' for zombies defined as an entirely different span of time?

Edited by Sadako

It isn't ! It's just LATER at night for zombies ! I think...

It isn't ! It's just LATER at night for zombies ! I think...

Zombies show from midnight-6am. Nocturnes are blue and Night Glories are caught/bred from 6pm-6am. Sunrises/sets are the ones that have the 6 hour span, but it's still a total of 12 hours, and it's also possible to manipulate hatching times to get the one you want. Zombies only have the one 6 hour span, and that's that.

I like my Zombie just the way he is. I'm quite proud of the progress he is making down my scroll.

I'm all for this :3

What I'd like the most though, would be if, no matter what the time, zombies showed up in lineage pages as their true form happy.gif

I must say that I would really support them being visible for all of the evening hours, at least, not just 12-6.

I'm NEVER up at those hours. NEVER. So the only time I get to see my zombies is Halloween. Now, it is a nice surprise to log in and see them then, but I still miss them.

I use legacy sort for all dragons, and the tombstones, at least, show up where I sorted them to month after month. I didn't know they moved around so much for everyone else. *ponders lazy zombies*

Yeah, my Zombie only shows up after my school night bedtime. During the summer, I get to see him every evening, but during the school year, it's like "what zombie- oh, that one. The one I can't see."

I'm all for extending zombie hours to full Nocturne/Glory nighttimes.

I don't really care as I'm six hours earlier than Cave time - so for me Zombies come out between 6a.m. and noon anyway. wink.gif

What I don't see, though, is how making them visible all the time/by day would help your sorting problem. They wander about - they are the restless (and in most films brainless) undead who won't stay in their graves. wink.gif

I actually love to see them pop up all over the place - so whether they might become constantly visible or not: Please don't stop their restless wanderings biggrin.gif

I think the same of Tiuvelin. Being in the same time zone as him/her, I see my two little undead babies every morning. At the beginnning I was tired of sorting them every day, but now I sort them only when I have to sort a new grow dragon and has become a habit wink.gif

That's why I don't really care. However, I their wandering will be fixed I'll not care too, but I really like their disappearing, it makes them really special and makes our scrolls "alive", not just a collection of "dead" pixels smile.gif

I really like their disappearing, it makes them really special and makes our scrolls "alive", not just a collection of "dead" pixels smile.gif

^this^

I don't have one, but if I did that's how I would feel too.

Perhaps as an alternative, like the nocturnes, they could have a different sprite during the day -- it would look like a grave, but a little fancier (moss and such) so that it is clear that it's not a dead dragon.

Perhaps as an alternative, like the nocturnes, they could have a different sprite during the day -- it would look like a grave, but a little fancier (moss and such) so that it is clear that it's not a dead dragon.

THAT I like... A mouldy lichened headstone... Maybe even with blood dripping down and... biggrin.gif

*is ghoulish*

Nice idea, though I have to agree, Zombies are something special, something that comes up at only a certain time.

This. Yes.

Oooh, that would be neat.

There was a thread for this suggestion at one point, though I can't find it now. It was pretty popular, and even had a few mossy old headstone sprites as suggestions. I don't know what came of it in the end, though.

Being in the same time zone as him/her, I see my two little undead babies every morning.

This is all well and good for you, and it's great that you get to see yours regularly. The whole issue trying to be solved by this thread, though, is that many people don't see their (or any) zombie(s) regularly -- some never see them, even! So the fact that you're lucky enough to see yours is little consolation to the people who are never online at the right time to see zombies.

Being in the same time zone as him/her, I see my two little undead babies every morning.

This is all well and good for you, and it's great that you get to see yours regularly. The whole issue trying to be solved by this thread, though, is that many people don't see their (or any) zombie(s) regularly -- some never see them, even! So the fact that you're lucky enough to see yours is little consolation to the people who are never online at the right time to see zombies.

Every time there is a problem that concearns time zone and culture, the answer to everyone is everytime the same: DC is a U.S.A. site, so it will continue to refer to it's time zone/culture.

Being angry for different time zones will not solve anything, the only possible way is tell to TJ what's the problem and wait his answer (if he would change it; if he allowed it, he likes it). However, even if I was unable to see them at all, I still I would have liked how Zombies works. It's really special, as we haven't any other dragon that works like them.

There was a thread for this suggestion at one point, though I can't find it now. It was pretty popular, and even had a few mossy old headstone sprites as suggestions. I don't know what came of it in the end, though.

it was closed.

TJ came in himself and said no, that he wouldn't be doing any changes like that with the zombies. that was some time ago, though.

Edited by ParticleSoup