MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Thanks. I will look over the scroll and get other mods opinions. In the future, please just PM the link to a mod so users aren't inadvertently called out in public. ^^

I'm naming loads of RBs after musicians and I would love to give Amanda Palmer the middlename "Effin" - because it kinda goes with the name. But I'm not sure it would be OK.

Would 'You Will Burn in Hell' be acceptable?

As long as it isn't directed at anyone.

I'm naming loads of RBs after musicians and I would love to give Amanda Palmer the middlename "Effin" - because it kinda goes with the name. But I'm not sure it would be OK.

Socially acceptable replacements for swears are supposed to be okay on the forum, but I would personally stay away from that for a name.

Socially acceptable replacements for swears are supposed to be okay on the forum, but I would personally stay away from that for a name.

Mmkay (I never got the replacement thing that's why I asked).

How about Amanda Frikkin Palmer? Or Amanda -bleep- Palmer?

Mmkay (I never got the replacement thing that's why I asked).

How about Amanda Frikkin Palmer? Or Amanda -bleep- Palmer?

Amanda bleep Palmer would be ok - not too sure about the other way (I personally wouldn't use it).

Is something wrong with Oaisis Pool? I tried to name my dragon that just now, but the ink disappeared. Thinking that the name was already taken, I slightly altered it, but when I looked to see what dragon had already claimed that name, it said that no dragon with that name existed.

So, is there some sinister meaning tied to Oasis Pool that I'm just not seeing?

(I hope this is the right place to ask. I couldn't find any other place to post this)

I think as long as you're not specifically calling someone a jerk it should be fine.

Perhaps, It does depend on how you intend to use it.

I'm assuming "Crotch" is all right, but I'm surprised it wasn't taken yet. What do you say?

Would a name contained "jerk" be okay? As in a person, not a movement.

Missed this when it was first posted. I named a CB Mint "Proud Mint Jerk" and his mate is "Mintie Pride." They have one offspring, http://dragcave.net/lineage/COOtG, named The Cootie Catcher. Should I change these names?

Missed this when it was first posted. I named a CB Mint "Proud Mint Jerk" and his mate is "Mintie Pride." They have one offspring, http://dragcave.net/lineage/COOtG, named The Cootie Catcher. Should I change these names?

I think those are fine but let's see what others think.

dirtytabs - it is not a name I'd use but let's see if we can get more opinions.

Hello. I'd like to check if a name I picked for my Gold Shimmer is appropriate or not.

...I named him "Watchdog of Hell", as a follow-up to the names of his parents - Hugo and Aqua are mecha pilots in a game series called Super Robot Wars. One of their bgm themes, "Watchdog of Hell", references the names of their mecha units (called Cerberus and Garmraid - the literal watchdogs of the Greek Underworld and the Norse one).

If it isn't, I'll probably rename him Garmraid. xd.png

I agree the mints from a few days ago are fine.

The shimmer is also fine. That word is even used in a dragon's name - hellfires.

"Crotch" is not appropriate, I would have to take it up with the mods and TJ.

Jerk is acceptable. "Watchdog of Hell"I agree it is acceptable.

Ok, I would have never thought this would be bad, but the slang terms of some words are starting to scare me. So I am checking some names.

First off- Loxtog. My first vampire's code made me think of this, but I gave him a different name, and so it has just been given to this dragon.

Salasas

Heaven's Gatekeeper

Blood of Dragonkin

Stalker of Dead Nights

Eternal Scar

Eternal Waiting and Suffering

Ibruk -Named after Ibruk's Lilim. I like the name Ibruk.....

Little Murderer in Disguise

I'm a fail-The reason this is not taken scares me.

Savior of the Goddess-Same as above

I Zado-after the code lZAD0

I Tio-Child of I Zado, code TioA4

So yeah, maybe I'm just being to cautious, but I firmly believe in the saying, "Better safe than sorry"

Edited by carstella

You're definitely being overcautious. I don't see how those names are even questionable. :3

If they were forum-censored words in English or other languages or not PG-13, then they would be inappropriate. Some seem to be made up and others are just neat sounding names compromised of appropriate words. They are fine for use.

Yes. "Hellfire" and "Hellhorse" are both acceptable names for DC dragon's, so I don't know why that word wouldn't be allowed for use (unless it's being used disrespectfully towards another user or something).