MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Beldarius, At face value I find all the names you listed as appropriate.

Would "My Rear End is On Fire" be appropriate??

Edited by Earth Gurl

Would "My Rear End is On Fire" be appropriate??

Considering a similar kind of thing is in every second children's show, I think it should be fine. But I'm no mod obviously.

Edit: -solved-

Edited by NinjaKrill

I was going to make a Lavender Town Lineage. One question though:

Is Burydragon a good name? or no?

I personally find "The Uke to His Seme" a little shaky, but I agree with _Z_ on the other two.

~

Earth Gurl, is there a reason you think that may be inappropriate? Seems fine to me.

DarkShinyLugia, same question as posed to EG. It seems fine to me - do you have reason to suspect it might be inappropriate, something that's escaping me? =o

Well, it IS Lavender Town- and it's not like anyone may be scared of it, depending on Creepypasta-reading level and/or Pokemon-playing level.

EDIT: But I GUESS if no one reads the creepypasta, no one is harmed by it.

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

Well, it IS Lavender Town- and it's not like anyone may be scared of it, depending on Creepypasta-reading level and/or Pokemon-playing level.

EDIT: But I GUESS if no one reads the creepypasta, no one is harmed by it.

Scary/creepy isn't inappropriate. Inappropriate names would be things that aren't PG-13, such as using forum censored words. :3

If you Know the names have a meaning that is unappropriated please do not attempt to by pass the mods. We do not always google every name. (Perhaps We shall.) Yes meaning me.

Thank you SPS on being on top of these names in question.

I've actually decided to veer away from that Creepypasta. I'm going to replace that creepypasta with a different one (Snow On Mount Silver)

I'm not sure either so I'd like to see other mods' opinions.

Did you post the right lineage? I don't see anything with "nazi" even in it. o.o All the names in that lineage are fine.

Just thought that this might be considered censor evasion? Not sure. :/

Mother Duckin Marshmellows

I'm going to give a loose no, it's not evasion. A loose no, though. x3

Ah, okay!

Yes, those names are still fine. I personally think the "socially acceptable" use of flinging about the term 'Nazi' attached to trivial things, like in association to spelling and grammar, is offensive, but it's not inappropriate by DC standards that I know of. Since it is, apparently, okay in a broad (US) social sense to call oneself a "Grammar N**i". So, not one I would use, but not one that would get a dragon killed.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Is there anything wrong with any of the Dwarven names on my scroll? I came back after four years and my names were all cleared, but that's a long time and as far as I know there was some site-wide thing. Link is in the sig.

Is there anything wrong with any of the Dwarven names on my scroll? I came back after four years and my names were all cleared, but that's a long time and as far as I know there was some site-wide thing. Link is in the sig.

Did you choose inappropriate meanings? Other languages are fine to name in - real or made up - but can't be used to get around the naming rules (ie if it's inappropriate in English, don't just go translate it to Spanish and say it's appropriate). Please list any here you think are inappropriate. There's nothing in and of itself wrong with Dwarven names. I think I have one or two myself.

Yes, names may be cleared after a few months of inactivity (this was pretty normal for most of DC history but in the past few months TJ hasn't been clearing for inactivity that I know of). If your names were removed because they were inappropriate likely the specific dragon would have been killed or your naming ability removed or scroll burned (last ones in more extreme circumstances such as a multiple clearly inappropriate names).

Did you choose inappropriate meanings? Other languages are fine to name in - real or made up - but can't be used to get around the naming rules (ie if it's inappropriate in English, don't just go translate it to Spanish and say it's appropriate). Please list any here you think are inappropriate. There's nothing in and of itself wrong with Dwarven names. I think I have one or two myself.

Yes, names may be cleared after a few months of inactivity (this was pretty normal for most of DC history but in the past few months TJ hasn't been clearing for inactivity that I know of). If your names were removed because they were inappropriate likely the specific dragon would have been killed or your naming ability removed or scroll burned (last ones in more extreme circumstances such as a multiple clearly inappropriate names).

Nope, all of them have names like "Earthquake" or "Mountain gem". The inactivity clearing would certainly explain it though, thank you.

Is the word "sexy" too bad for dragon cave? Pardon my language if it is..

it's often used to describe pattern in art. But i know that even if i make that argument, i'm likely not going to use it... I know i have a dragon around here with Sexy in it's name

http://dragcave.net/lineage/CWKic

Would it be ok in a description?

Saying that the dragon is sexy. Not going into detail as to why other then maybe because of her curves..

What is the current stance on names with alcohol?

I have just named three dragons

Madeira pince-nez

Sherry monocle

have beer goggles

(just 'beer goggles' is taken)

It's from QI, where the panel makes fun of Stephen Fry and his posh background.