MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Would naming my dragon Bludrape get me into trouble?

I'm not sure so I'll wait for other opinions.

I have a dragon named "Poules Et Coqs" (meaning hens and roosters), she is part of my Le Carnaval Des Animaux lineage.

As I want to use her in other lineages as well (and don't want this one to get destroyed either) I was wondering if the last word in her name could be mistaken for trying to use a bad word in disguise? It's just the name Saint-Saëns chose for the movement so I don't want to use a different word if I don't have to.

I have a dragon named "Poules Et Coqs" (meaning hens and roosters), she is part of my Le Carnaval Des Animaux lineage.

As I want to use her in other lineages as well (and don't want this one to get destroyed either) I was wondering if the last word in her name could be mistaken for trying to use a bad word in disguise? It's just the name Saint-Saëns chose for the movement so I don't want to use a different word if I don't have to.

Agree. This seems fine to me.

No. Names in other languages are fine, but they must also conform to board rules. That word is censored, so you should not be naming a dragon that.

No. Names in other languages are fine, but they must also conform to board rules. That word is censored, so you should not be naming a dragon that.

Oki.

I have 1 offtopic question, please don't give me a warn for it; How did you know what it mean?

----

And is

Haisuli acceptable? It means Smelly.

In that instance, is using the scientific names for lizard and snake species acceptable? They are Latin and to my knowledge do not mean words that would be censored on this board if written in English. For example, is this name: Morelia oenpelliensis acceptable? It is the scientific name for the Oenpellie python.

I've named many of my Mints by Mint and related botanic species names and don't think it would be a problem. Of course, I'm not the authority here, and I'll be interested in the answer, because I have an awful lot with scientific names. If they all need to be reviewed - blink.gif

I don't see a problem with using scientific names for the dragons (I've done it as well).

I'm considering the name Coming Over The Ridge for a ridgewing, is that acceptable? I already have a Soaring Over The Ridge and Floating Over The Ridge, but I was worried that this one might seem too much like innuendo.

While I'm at it, I have a moonstone pair called Raised On Moonshine and Living Off Moonshine... I like the names a lot, and I hope the pun is not inappropriate?

Thank you for the clarification, rubyshoes. It is nice to know that I am able to use scientific names without an issue. I have lineage plans with using them, I would not want my dragons to be killed because their name isn't English (although I already have dragons with names written in a fictional language, described ones even, that have been approved - although none of those have names that would be censored in English).

Nice to see that a few people use scientific names nonetheless. smile.gif

I'm considering the name Coming Over The Ridge for a ridgewing, is that acceptable? I already have a Soaring Over The Ridge and Floating Over The Ridge, but I was worried that this one might seem too much like innuendo.

While I'm at it, I have a moonstone pair called Raised On Moonshine and Living Off Moonshine... I like the names a lot, and I hope the pun is not inappropriate?

I think all those would be fine.

Your welcome VampiricOmen

Does someone know if the Italian word "uova" (meaning "eggs") has an inappropriate second meaning?

If it's the same as in German, I might have to rename her.

Does someone know if the Italian word "uova" (meaning "eggs") has an inappropriate second meaning?

If it's the same as in German, I might have to rename her.

I couldn't find anything inappropriate about it so I think it is fine.

Is it wrong not to name this dragon but let its code show instead? (Warning: censorkip.gif) I think there was a discussion about a Tinsel with a similar code but can't find it, nor what the verdict was.

Edit: even the lineage link is censored by the forum lol. Anyway, it's a Terrae with a rude code currently sorted at the bottom of my scroll.

Edited by Mirhana