MisaTange

Name Check Thread

The name "Abyss of Hell" is acceptable.

I'm going to name my Magi Hatchling, but I want to name it according to it's code. I'm not sure if it's a censored word or not...probably is.

I'm going to name my Magi Hatchling, but I want to name it according to it's code. I'm not sure if it's a censored word or not...probably is.

Yeah. It might be. The word does have other meanings rather than the derogatory one though.

would the name Coccus be bad? its a word that means circle in latin and its how cells are named according to their shape

would the name Coccus be bad? its a word that means circle in latin and its how cells are named according to their shape

Yeah, that's perfectly fine.

Agree. The word is fine.

Would the name "Pervy Jackson", as a pun on Percy Jackson, be okay?

I believe it is fine but I'd like some other opinions as well..

"The Scarf of Sexual Preference" Sounds fine.

Is 'The Psychedelic Furs' an appropriate name? It's an english rock band and they made 80's music such as 'Pretty in Pink' happy.gif

Is 'The Psychedelic Furs' an appropriate name? It's an english rock band and they made 80's music such as 'Pretty in Pink' happy.gif

Yes, I think so.

Hey there!

I was doing a lineage where I named the dragons after things from Arrested Development, and I wanted to name a blue colored dragon "Blue Myself." Would that be inappropriate?

(I have it on a random hatchling right now, so if it gets killed, I won't lose a component of my lineage.)

So I have a Cavern Lurker that I name Asylum Lurker, the name is based some what off their code. I was wondering if this was an appropriate name or not.

Edited by Mr Cerberuss

So I have a Cavern Lurker that I name Asylum Lurker, the name is based some what off their code. I was wondering if this was an appropriate name or not.

That name is fine.

I'd like to name my dragon "Lord Bleeding Rose". Sounds fine to me. It's availlable too. I try to name - the system wants me to try again. Okay, I try with "Lord BleedingRose", "Lord Bloodrose" and "Lord Bloody Rose". All names availlable, click - it says I can't give such names either. But then something tells me to check the hatchling's page anyway. Despite recieving "You try to write the name, but the ink disappears as you write, so you decide to try something else." messages, the hatchling got a name as I wanted. Are all these names considered inappropriate or I've just experienced a bug?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/H5BE7 And this is the little fella I'm talking about, if such information is necessary.

Edited by Light Concorde

I'd like to name my dragon "Lord Bleeding Rose". Sounds fine to me. It's availlable too. I try to name - the system wants me to try again. Okay, I try with "Lord BleedingRose", "Lord Bloodrose" and "Lord Bloody Rose". All names availlable, click - it says I can't give such names either. But then something tells me to check the hatchling's page anyway. Despite recieving "You try to write the name, but the ink disappears as you write, so you decide to try something else." messages, the hatchling got a name as I wanted. Are all these names considered inappropriate or I've just experienced a bug?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/H5BE7 And this is the little fella I'm talking about, if such information is necessary.

Uhh, I just tried Lord Bleeding Rose and I got it. ._. Not sure if it's a problem on your end? Do you usually double hit 'Enter' when entering a name (once to trigger the form, the other to accept the popup message)? Today when I was renaming things, I found that doing so brought up the "You try to write the name..." message but the name did change, even if it wasn't reflected on the naming page itself. Pretty sure it's a glitch.

I'll PM you to swap over the name. =)

Thank you for the response :3 I usually click the buttons using my mouse but yeah, you're right it's a bug - I've renamed my hatchie to something extremely random and despite the "nope" message it was named properly.

@Ruby - yes, the problem is solved now, thank you. c:

Edited by Light Concorde

All those names are fine. Hopefully you are able to name fine now. If not you could post in Help to see if others are having the same problem

edit: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=155734 Just putting this here in case others have the same problem

Edited by rubyshoes