MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Would adding the word "Lovechild" to the end of a dragon's name be alright?

Would adding the word "Lovechild" to the end of a dragon's name be alright?

Seems fine to me.

Is 'I'm Burning Baby' an acceptable name?

Is 'I'm Burning Baby' an acceptable name?

Yes that name is acceptable.

Is something with "WTF" ok.

I'm pretty sure it is (The F can mean frick or something). I just want to be safe.

Given the meaning of wtf, I would initially say no. Mods, second opinions?

Given the meaning of wtf, I would initially say no. Mods, second opinions?

M'kay.

wink.gif

EDIT: There is a dragon named WTF, already, though.

I actually didn't like the name I was going to use, anyway, but it still might come in handy in the future to know.

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

Is something with "WTF" ok.

I'm pretty sure it is (The F can mean frick or something). I just want to be safe.

I don't see an issue with it when there is literally a dragon with the code F-bomb xd.png Wtf can mean what the frick or what the frankfurter or however you want to substitute. I've seen dragons with Wtf in their name before on a couple of scrolls. It wasn't the only 'word' in their name but it was included. :3 I personally don't see an issue with it.

Socially acceptable replacements for curses are okay. While I personally don't like acronyms such as that (well, I also don't use 'socially acceptable replacements' either, lol), I don't think they're disallowed. I would like to see another mod's opinion, though. :3

I will say, though, please don't judge what may or may not be okay based on dragon codes. Codes aren't the same as names. While that code was not randomly generated, if a dragon was named the same as that code, that would be unacceptable and would be a basis for killing the dragon. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

"WTF" is acceptable. (I Agree with SockPuppet Strangler)

What about the name Frackin Toaster? It's a taunt from one of my favorite video games. ^-^

Edit:

Socially acceptable replacements for curses are okay. While I personally don't like acronyms such as that (well, I also don't use 'socially acceptable replacements' either, lol), I don't think they're disallowed.

Would this apply to the name I just asked about?

Edited by Forest

Socially acceptable replacements for curses are okay. While I personally don't like acronyms such as that (well, I also don't use 'socially acceptable replacements' either, lol), I don't think they're disallowed. I would like to see another mod's opinion, though. :3

Thank you Sock and _Z_, for your second opinions. I'll keep that in mind when I review names here.

Forest, I believe that name is okay. Great reference. tongue.gif

What about the name Frackin Toaster? It's a taunt from one of my favorite video games. ^-^

Edit:

Would this apply to the name I just asked about?

I think that the name is fine.

Would lines from the poem Ten Little Indian Boys be acceptable for names? I'm reading the book 'And then There Were None' in class and I can't stop thinking about it.

I would have to say it would be questionable.

I received a little egg from a breeder, http://dragcave.net/lineage/8GeHr and was wondering about either wthmr or My Parents Call Each Other Mr for her name. Would there be a problem with either of these?

ETA: Thank you, _Z_. It seems simple enough, but I read something about the acronyms and figured I'd better check anyway! smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

I received a little egg from a breeder, http://dragcave.net/lineage/8GeHr and was wondering about either wthmr or My Parents Call Each Other Mr for her name. Would there be a problem with either of these?

I do not see a problem with either name.

Checking 'Fuxxy Wuxatinx'l' - acceptable?

I found no reference that would make me think it would be unacceptable. What is your concern about the name?

Odd may have been concerned about the "Fuxxy" part.

Yeh I didn't want to offend anyone's sensibilities with a 'sounds like'. If you say it's ok, Miss Z, then I'm more than content. Thank you!

I don't have the dragon I want to name this yet, so I can't give you a lineage link, but I want to name my next dayglory offspring of my two nightglories "Mom Dad I'm Day", and I would like to know if this name is okay.

I don't have the dragon I want to name this yet, so I can't give you a lineage link, but I want to name my next dayglory offspring of my two nightglories "Mom Dad I'm Day", and I would like to know if this name is okay.

It seems fine to me.