MisaTange

Name Check Thread

I really liked Mysfytt's comment that the Brimstone looks like "a bit of a thug" and I was wondering if it will be ok if I add the word "thug" in my Brimstones names?

I really liked Mysfytt's comment that the Brimstone looks like "a bit of a thug" and I was wondering if it will be ok if I add the word "thug" in my Brimstones names?

The word thug is fine.

"sexless and brothel" are both acceptable.

May I name two dragons "Hocico" and "Suicide Commando" after the bands? I have the names on place holders right now just to be sure...

May I name two dragons "Hocico" and "Suicide Commando" after the bands? I have the names on place holders right now just to be sure...

At this time I do not see a problem with ether name.

Let me know if the name "Venereal" is okay. If for some reason it's not, please don't kill my dragon/burn my scroll and just give me some time to find a replacement. I figured it'd be fine since the word itself isn't pertaining to anything graphic or obscene; it's just a word referring to a specific group of diseases. But I always want to make sure.

To the darkside for a marrow?

That name is fine. smile.gif

I want to name my black dragon Elixir Black. Would that be alright?

"Elixir Black" is fine.

"GIVE ME YOUR JEW GOLD KYLE" I would say questionable, you would need a couple more mods opinion.

"Venereal" I would say no.

~As with all names, if you wish we can ask Admin and mods opinion.~

Edited by _Z_

It has most likely already been discussed, however is the word "Dick" acceptable in reference to a name? For instance, Dick Grayson? cool.gif

Yes, as long as it is used appropriately.

Edited by _Z_

As it's been over a month and a half since I named my dragon Venereal and have had no problems or complaints (or mods asking me to rename it), I'm going to politely disagree with the sentiment that it may not be okay. I feel like, had I not taken the safer route and asked about it, no one would have even noticed or cared if they happened upon it. And since I'm not making inappropriate lineages, descriptions, or referencing the dragon, I don't feel it's a bad name smile.gif Especially since the word itself is not censored on the forums here. I actually forgot about it until I saw this thread bumped up =o

* Disclaimer *

In the event that someone with the power to do so feels the name is no good or decides they don't like it, I would highly appreciate it if the dragon would not be killed, scroll burned, account banned, put on probation, etc. without first giving me ample time and warning to rename it. Thank you~

As I posted my opinion, You disagree, I will look into it farther. Remember disclaimers are taken at your risk.

I am planning a certain project based on another game I play. The game (a space MMO of sorts) has ships with names such as Omen, Harbinger, Zealot, Curse, Malediction, Abadon, Punisher, Purifier, etc.

Would such names be a problem?

Remember disclaimers are taken at your risk.

Well, I sure hope that I would be given a head's up if having the name was going to result in complete annihilation of everything I've done on DC since 2008. But, what you said worries me. Do you mean that giving a warning before taking action is not something that is required or practiced? That I could possibly lose everything on my scroll without being given a head's up?

I mainly posted my little disclaimer as a way of saying "Hey I appreciate being given a head's up if it's not allowed", but now I'm worried that I won't even be given a warning before possibly losing everything on my scroll. Is it possible to get a clarification? I am rather confused...

Edit:

Seeing as there are no moderators or admin on at the time of posting-- and afraid that my entire scroll could be deleted-- I've renamed the dragon. Hopefully once I get some clarification on things and the name checks out (which I hope it does), I can give my Hellfire her proper name back =(

Edited by Nine

Nine, since you asked in this topic. If the name was found unacceptable, I or another mod would pm you prior to any action taken, giving you the opportunity to change the name.

DragonNighthowler

Omen, Harbinger, Zealot, Curse, Malediction, Abadon, Punisher, Purifier, are all acceptable.

Given the nasty nature of the new Halloween dragons, I found a bunch of equally nasty names free, but I want to make sure they're ok to use:

- Axe Murder

- Spree Killer

- Mass Murder

- Murder Suicide

They won't be getting any nasty descriptions, either. ^^;

Nine, since you asked in this topic. If the name was found unacceptable, I or another mod would pm you prior to any action taken, giving you the opportunity to change the name. 

Ahh that's good news to hear, thank you-- that clears up a lot of the confusion :)

Given the nasty nature of the new Halloween dragons, I found a bunch of equally nasty names free, but I want to make sure they're ok to use:

- Axe Murder

- Spree Killer

- Mass Murder

- Murder Suicide

They won't be getting any nasty descriptions, either. ^^;

All acceptable.

I find myself with an unexpected problem, the name of the female parent of this egg I just traded for yesterday. The parent was unnamed when I got it. *sigh* No longer really lineage material. Just wondering what other's opinion of the name might be.