MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Maggie, I'm not sure on yours, my first inclinations would be no, but since other dragons have these names I'll wait for a mod to weigh in.

DragonNighthowler, I think Sidra Asturiana is fine. Very creative drink. smile.gif I think Something Smells Nasty is fine, too, since it can be so broadly interpreted (I think burnt coffee smells nasty). dry.gif

Those are fine Nighthowler.

~

Our stance in the past has been that names are just names. Although the name will probably be considered at least insensitive by some cultures, we haven't disallowed names such as that thus far. And yeah, I've still get PMs on Hitler dragons now and again. I personally wouldn't go down those routes out of respect, but we haven't had a name based on a real person that we considered inappropriate yet.

Ok, thanks guys. I might keep the Osama one, but if anyone gets offended, I'll be sure to remove it right away. At least it's not against the rules.

(My question was actually about a different name I was thinking of, but when I listed the example, I saw it was not taken) rolleyes.gif

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

Is Calvinist ok?

I just needed a real word with "C" since that seems to be how the Albinos in this lineage (AP find) are named.

Edit: Thank you SockPuppet Strangler! smile.gif

Edited by Confused Cat

I just finished naming my first 20-30 dragons that appeared on my scroll and I was wondering if their names are all okay. My scroll is in my description

Without looking - do you have a reason to believe any are inappropriate?

~

You're welcome, Confused Cat. :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

No, I think they're appropriate but I think that some may be perceived in a wrong way, like bullhorn

Generally, I think inappropriate names are things that if you said in a restaurant, you'd get a nasty look from a parent. But don't quote me, I'm not a mod or a checker, just my opinion. smile.gif

Generally, I think inappropriate names are things that if you said in a restaurant, you'd get a nasty look from a parent. But don't quote me, I'm not a mod or a checker, just my opinion. smile.gif

I think this is a fairly good way to put it. :3

Would "The Zodiac Killer" be ok? I'm now naming some of my dragons after famous people with unknown identities.

It seems fine to me.

Name of dragon: Yiff or Yiffy

Link of dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/YIFFo

To put it plainly, it's code makes me laugh. I mean, c'mon xd.png

So yeah. But, I want to know if I can actually use that as a name. I kind of figure NO..but it's not entirely vulgar or sexual. I think I've seen someone put sexy in their dragons name before so..if you can allow that, why not this?

I found some definitions of yiff and yiffy that weren't sexual, but the other ones I found were very sexual, though by different degrees. I would say no.

Ah, a few of mine that might be questionable:

Hellforged

Devil's Hand

Godspark

I Don't ERP

Blade Lord

Wind Lord

Grand Old Party

Thank you kindly.

And to Z as well!

Edited by Noxion

Ah, a few of mine that might be questionable:

Hellforged

Devil's Hand

Godspark

I Don't ERP

Blade Lord

Wind Lord

Grand Old Party

These are all acceptable.

Name of dragon: Yiff or Yiffy

Link of dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/YIFFo

To put it plainly, it's code makes me laugh. I mean, c'mon xd.png

So yeah. But, I want to know if I can actually use that as a name. I kind of figure NO..but it's not entirely vulgar or sexual. I think I've seen someone put sexy in their dragons name before so..if you can allow that, why not this?

I feel this would be questionable.

Edited by _Z_