MisaTange

Name Check Thread

I am considering the name Tsipar Dra'axi for one of my dragons right now, since Tsipar is rapist spelled backwards would it be considered inappropriate?

Before I get the beast burned or worse, guess I should check if this is an acceptable name.

Ahem.

Dumb Beeyotch Dorkface

"Beeyotch" would be censor evasion, not acceptable. I would suggest waiting for another mods opinion. I can also ask the other mods if you like?

I am considering the name Tsipar Dra'axi for one of my dragons right now, since Tsipar is rapist spelled backwards would it be considered inappropriate?

I do not see"Tsipar" as a problem.

Edited by _Z_

That name seems fine to me.

awesome thank you

was wanting to name it after it's lineage and thought it fit, but after hitting enter, though oh no is it reportable...so ran here to be sure and get a second opinion biggrin.gif

"Beeyotch" would be censor evasion, not acceptable. I would suggest waiting for another mods opinion. I can also ask the other mods if you like?

I agree.

I also agree.

Thank you ladies I had already decided on something else.

Never mind.

Edited by Ayelldee

Thank you ladies I had already decided on something else.

How bout this - is the word crap allowed? as in A Bunch Of Hippie Crap or do I have to say a bunch of hippie carp?

I've said "crap" several times on the boards and never got any backlash...

most kids even say it now

Currently this name is on a temprory dragon till I can set up a lineage project.

But would naming a dragon "Taffer" be alright?

The name/word is made up and was created for the Thief world, here's a quote I found explaining it a bit more.

The definition made by Ashtar the Fox for www.urbandictionary.com is still one of the best:

A word invented by the now-defunct Looking Glass Studios, used as a slang term in their 'First-Person Sneaker' release, Thief: The Dark Project (So named because of the games engine, which is simply called 'Dark' because of it's innovative use of light and darkness in gameplay.)

Taffer, insofar as the game environment is defined--is a censorkip.gif***ization of the word 'Trickster', a pagan deity with druidic tendencies. Much in the same way that the interjection 'Geez' in our English language is a censorkip.gif***ization of 'Jesus', the Christo-Catholic Messiah.

No direct denotation is given to the word 'Taffer', but from it's use, we can take it to be synonymous with many different nouns depending on how it's used. It can also be used as a verb:

Thief, Fool, Jerk, Joker, etc.

Noun(1): "Give that back this instant, you taffer!"

Verb(1): "Quit taffing around!"

Verb(2): in a nicer way not in orginal quote "are you taffing me"(as in are you messing with/joking with me basically heh

Erg the kips cover part of the description it wasn't a swear word exactly, it was a word usually meaning a a fatherless son.(not used in that sense though, used to describe the lore). blink.gif

Edited by Erithan

http://dragcave.net/lineage/phpCE

I'd like to name it after two dragons in the lineage, O Come All Ye Derpful 0 and Sparkleface Awesomepants, for a combination of O Come All Ye Awesomepants. Doesn't actually mean or reference anything, but I thought I'd check here just in case.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/phpCE

I'd like to name it after two dragons in the lineage, O Come All Ye Derpful 0 and Sparkleface Awesomepants, for a combination of O Come All Ye Awesomepants. Doesn't actually mean or reference anything, but I thought I'd check here just in case.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Those name are 100% fine, I'm sure.

Currently this name is on a temprory dragon till I can set up a lineage project.

But would naming a dragon "Taffer" be alright?

The name/word is made up and was created for the Thief world, here's a quote I found explaining it a bit more.

Erg the kips cover part of the description it wasn't a swear word exactly, it was a word usually meaning a a fatherless son.(not used in that sense though, used to describe the lore). blink.gif

...the use of the word covered by kips is one of the legitimate non-profane uses of that word, and as such if I were making the rules I would say that use would be allowed, but in any case, since you're naming the dragon the actual word 'Taffer' and not its definition, I would say it's no more profane or inappropriate than any other made up word from a fictional world like 'frelling' or 'mudblood'.

Edited by Sadako

Thank you for the replies, it was sorta an odd one so I just wasn't sure.

And the defination refers more to theif/trickster/fool/idiot the word was 100% made up by the game creators. xd.png

Thanks again!

Thanks everybody. smile.gif To clarify the actual name I was thinking about naming it was "O Come All Ye Awesomepants" which as it seems it was considered questionable by someone I have decided to not use that name for now smile.gif

This might be a very stupid question but, are certain characters not inserted in the Cave programing?

I tried using a name with Ñ, which is a spanish letter. To be more exact I tried naming a certain dragon Albariño, but the cave wouldn't let me. It's not really a problem, I'll give it another name, but I was curious tongue.gif

Yeah, sorry, DC doesn't allow "special" characters such as those.

Yeah, sorry, DC doesn't allow "special" characters such as those.

Ok. Thanks smile.gif

Edit; I gave it a different name. Sidra Asturiana. It's a sort of alcoholic drink, cider to be more exact. Would there be a problem with it?

Edited by DragonNighthowler

I have a question...

Let's say I name a dragon after some sort of "evil guy". What would be crossing the line. I see "Adolf Hitler" and "Ted Bundy" and stuff are taken. Would more recent stuff be a no no? wink.gif

(I'm very knowledgeable about crimes and events, and I used to name my cats after such things, so I thought it would be kinda neat to start that up on DC)

Edit:... like a more recent person... like would Osama bin Laden be bad (just an example)? alot.png

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

I have doubts about another name, so I'll ask again (I think my edit went unnoticed tongue.gif)

Is Sidra Asturiana ok? (Sidra means cider)

How about Something Smells Nasty?

Thanks for your time smile.gif