7sharps

My Little Pony

Man, I love my fellow brony at work. I swear, he is just too funny. He has got to be the happiest person I have ever met. I am almost always miserable while at work but whenever I am working with him, I just can't help but smile. I asked him the other day "How the hell are you so happy ALL THE TIME!?" and he just laughed and replied "I am high off of the magic of friendship." xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

A bunch of his brony friends came in last night to pick him up and they are all just like him. So happy and energetic, I just imagined them all as real life ponies, it was hilarious. tongue.gif

RARITY!

Apparently, to my friends, I am just like her. But I'm a very bi-polar woodland creature IRL, so whenever I take quizzes, I get answers ranging from pinkie pie to fluttershy... o_O

Tried Story of the Blanks, got bored with all the walking around. (Gave up looking for the well crank, although to be honest I didn't look too hard.)

Hurray! Pony Power!

/)^3^(\

and im to much of a scardycatpony to read cupcakes or look at anything remotely creepy related to ponies.

yet i watch really messed up stuff all the time... weird O.o

Edited by zeranoa

RARITY!

Apparently, to my friends, I am just like her. But I'm a very bi-polar woodland creature IRL, so whenever I take quizzes, I get answers ranging from pinkie pie to fluttershy... o_O

Me too, but my friends can't decide who I'm like. Twilight's smartness, Rarity's OCD, Rainbow's competitiveness, Fluttershy's shyness, Pinkie's randomness.

I think the only pony I'm not like is Applejack.

I'm missing a Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash... but I was given two Celestias, Twilight, Pinkie, and Applejack for Christmas. xd.png

Hm... I'd say I'm either Twilight since I'm always trying to learn and academically achieve higher than everyone(doesn't always happen, but hey, I try.), with a mixture of Rarity, for being a neat-freak, OCD, and always admiring the pretty schtuff.

Welp, I got the Twilight Sparkle plush pillow, the Canterlot throw blanket, Pinkie Pie, and Cupcake (I couldn't help myself. She's for hair practice, though xd.png) for my Christmas biggrin.gif My brothers got Fluttershy, Plumsweet and Feathermay.

SO MUCH PONY.

I'm a mix of Twilight Sparkle and AJ, in my opinion. I think most would agree.

Aah! Dang it, I was just starting to shed my Rainbow Factory craving! Curse you! *keeps YTR tab open* *sings* In the Rainbow Factory! Where your fears and horrors come true. In the Rainbow Factory!

Anyway, any good grimdark fics that don't take anypony way out of character or get overly descriptive on blood and gore? I'm a weirdo who loves grimdark but hates blood and gore. I run more off of Nothing Is Scarier and Fridge Horror.

- I love the Rainbow Factory song, but am wary to read the fanfic inspired by it. I really don't want to mentally ruin my favorite pony, but it does seem interesting from the PMV and TV Tropes page. And great Celestia, that song. It's AWESOME.

- I know about Cupcakes and have vowed not to read it. Period.

- Sweet Apple Massacre takes a certain lovable pony waay ooc, just judging by the TV Tropes summary. No thanks on that one.

- Story of the blanks sounds interesting. It doesn't look like it takes anyone ooc. Does it? And will it ruin anypony FOREVER upon reading it? Do any pre-existing non OCs die? Er- I know it's a game... how gory is it? I actually want to try this one, but I step lightly in this part of the fandom. xd.png (Oh, the irony. The more I think of me as a pony, the more I see myself as a perma-blank flank!)

Also, my Rainbow Dash love has grown exponentially since my last post. She now decorates my new iPhone and Desktop wallpaper, and has gotten a few pictures drawn of her. I'm someone who almost never changed my wallpaper before. blink.gif

I'm pretty much a mix of Fluttershy/Twilight Sparkle. I'm a Sparkleshy.

@lachrymation: If I remember what my friend said right, their names are their human names mixed up with an added X. For example, compare Roxas and Sora.

EDIT: AAH! Rainbow Dash just invaded my Firefox! I never really used a persona before! Rainbow Dash, why are you so awesome?!

Second edit: You know? I interperet the song a lot differently than where the fanfic apparently goes. Maybe I can get my thoughts together some time and write out what I hear in that song. It's more about stress relief via dark, sinister ways; but nothing to do with fillies and colts. "How, you ask, are they up to the task" and "Where your fears and horrors come true" suggest a fascination with horror. Horror as stress relief from a difficult job. An escape, if you will. Or maybe that's just me being me. But I have no idea what they're doing. Like I said before I guess: Nothing Is Scarier.

Edited by AlternateMew

I find it sad/disappointing/disgusting that there are fetish, gore, and grimdark fan creations based on a show aimed at little girls.

I find it sad/disappointing/disgusting that there are fetish, gore, and grimdark fan creations based on a show aimed at little girls.

Rule 34. T'is a sad thing.

My Little Pony-Friendship is Magic. Perfectly amazing. Fluttershy is my favorite pony, so it shows in my username. I love the show to death!

I didn't think it was possible. Wow, was I wrong. I'm just glad I found out about... certain fics before stumbled upon them by accident and read them. Oh, and Equestria Daily having big colored tags, a summary, and comments really helps me weed out the badly ooc and/or gory ones first. I don't even read many. I just like things questioning gaps in logic/unexplained things in the verse, and sometimes grimdark is what pulls it off. And besides, sometimes it's FUN to be scared! xd.png

I can see where the mareXmare shipping comes from, as there are so few stallions to use for shipping so far. However, I usually stay far away from shipping, unless it's both almost (if not confirmed) canon AND has a good reputation. Shipping just isn't my thing. And again, I didn't think Rule 34 could apply to ponies! As AJ herself pointed out, they don't usually wear clothes! How can you possibly Rule 34 a pony?! You know what? Scratch that. I don't want to know. blink.gif

On other fics and media, I must say I loved Better Living with Science and Ponies. And I'm currently looking for other good crossovers. Like Doctor Who. There's a Youtube fic (or whatever you call a voiced video story using a picture or two for effect) with the Doctor and Derpy/Ditzy. Brilliant so far. Oh! and the Ace Attorney crossover has me hooked.

Ones exploring the villains'/antagonists'/one-shot characters also catch my interest.

And links I just have to share!

(Mentioned above)

Better Living with Science and Ponies (Mentioned above)

Turnabout Storm (MLP/AA - mentioned above)

Edited by AlternateMew

I didn't think it was possible. Wow, was I wrong. I'm just glad I found out about... certain fics before stumbled upon them by accident and read them.

I have a creepy ex-friend who got into the show, created a pony oc for himself, and wrote a 'clop-fic' shipping himself and Fluttershy (if you don't know what a clop fic is, consider yourself lucky).

He also 'married' a Fluttershy roleplayer over Facebook.

This person I am talking about is a 19 year old man. I am not friends with him anymore (he was creepy before this came to light anyway).

This rabid, obsessive 'bad' side of the fandom ruined any interest I might have had in the show. It was never aimed at the audience that's twisting it into an obsession.

I can see where the mareXmare shipping comes from, as there are so few stallions to use for shipping so far. However, I usually stay far away from shipping, unless it's both almost (if not confirmed) canon AND has a good reputation. Shipping just isn't my thing.

As I've said before, the only ship I remotely like in the fandom is Lyra/Bon-Bon xd.png I can't help it, just about everything I've seen with them is pure d'aww.

I also love Derpy/Dinky/Sparkler. This says it all, and it was so nice to see that Sisterhooves Social didn't destroy the idea. It just made it sweeter.

Remember: for every piece of gore and nightmare fuel people produce, there's at least three pieces that are incredibly sweet and heartwarming smile.gif

As I've said before, the only ship I remotely like in the fandom is Lyra/Bon-Bon xd.png I can't help it, just about everything I've seen with them is pure d'aww.

I also love Derpy/Dinky/Sparkler. This says it all, and it was so nice to see that Sisterhooves Social didn't destroy the idea. It just made it sweeter.

Remember: for every piece of gore and nightmare fuel people produce, there's at least three pieces that are incredibly sweet and heartwarming smile.gif

I have to agree with Lyra/Bon Bon being cute. Especially with Lyra's odd cameo being fuel for backstory. Lyra, why sit like a human? xd.png

And d'aaaww, I didn't know there was more than Derpy and Dinky! That's so cute! And I just learned a new background pony. Yay!

Derpy has got to be my favorite background pony. Not only did the fandom take her cameo and run with it, but then even the creators acknowledged that. For me, she's the most prominent sign of a close studio/fandom relationship that tons of other great shows seem to lack. Not that they're any worse off for it, but it adds to the brony community that the creators of the show directly acknowledge the fans. I love how some fanon has already become canon. Especially since the creators didn't intend to attract us in the first place. Almost like they went from "Whaa? How did we get THESE guys?!" to "You know what? Sure, why not?"

@Jackal: Unfortunately, I know what a clop fic is. I also learned a double meaning for"plot". dry.gif Every fandom has its negative side. And unfortunately there's a tendency for that to ruin it for some people. For this one, there's the normal dark side AND the die-hard "You will be assimilated" ones. I compare those ones to die-hard religious people that have no tolerance for people who don't follow their religion like they do. They take love and tolerance wrong... TOLERANCE, people, TOLERANCE. dry.gif

------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: So, just out of curiosity: How has FiM influenced everyone else here? Anyone more willing to give other shows more of a fair shot despite appearances? Anyone less afraid to be in a periphery fandom?

And what about opinions on pre-FiM MLP? Like? Hate? Indifferent?

Edit two: I definitely have Twilight's authority fear. The slightest hint of possibly being reprimanded by authority puts my tail between my legs and I become as timid as Fluttershy.

Edited by AlternateMew

So, just out of curiosity: How has FiM influenced everyone else here? Anyone more willing to give other shows more of a fair shot despite appearances? Anyone less afraid to be in a periphery fandom?

And what about opinions on pre-FiM MLP? Like? Hate? Indifferent?

Before I found out about FiM, the Internet was a boring, boring, place. Not kidding. NOW I SHALL WATCH PONIES SHAMELESSLY HA HA.

The pre-FiM shows were just too girly for me, not to mention that "Oh, I'm too old to watch that crap" feeling . I didn't really hate them, but I didn't like them either.

I agree 100%.

And I'm sorry to say, but people who actually enjoy this kind of stuff is sick.

I wish Fluttershy had a unique model, instead of sharing it with Rainbow.

Yay new episode tomorrow~

Caught the new episode over on Bronystate and... man, what an episode it was! biggrin.gif

SPOILER ALERT! We learn how Ponyville was made! Also, MAGIC RAINBOW APPLES.

I'll update this with the YouTube links once they're up.

....*blinks*

Oh, my god, its GLaDOS reporting on friendship. Amazing.

Anyway, I've decided to check the series out, because I still really love cartoons as a medium, despite me being out of their (perceived) age range, and because its clear that its doing something very right. I'm about six episodes in, and I haven't quite gotten hooked yet. We'll see, though. We'll see.

At which point did you guys become dedicated fans?