7sharps

My Little Pony

*sighs* how I wish I had the Hub... sad.gif

I swear, Derpy sounds just like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer from those old movies!

Apparently, Tabitha St. Germain thought Derpy was a boy, so the voice got a little... weird xd.png

Derpy is a character now? 8D

I really need to watch season 2. DX I've only seen the pilot.

But Discord drinks chocolate milk like a boss.

Derpy is a character now? 8D

I really need to watch season 2. DX I've only seen the pilot.

But Discord drinks chocolate milk like a boss.

The first thing we hear after the theme song in The Last Roundup is Rainbow Dash saying 'Careful, Derpy!'

Thus starts the best couple of minutes any brony can imagine biggrin.gif

ETA: Alternatively, watch here.

Edited by Dr. Paine

The first thing we hear after the theme song in The Last Roundup is Rainbow Dash saying 'Careful, Derpy!'

Thus starts the best couple of minutes any brony can imagine biggrin.gif

*asplodes from excitement*

I just lost the next week of my life to Youtube. xd.png

Rarity and Tom=best pairing ever. xd.png

So...working my way through the series. I just finished...episode 20, I think. Slowly, I'm falling in love with the show. Sometimes it can be a little too preachy or obvious for my tastes, but I am really enjoying it.

Also, imagining various characters from other fandoms as ponies is great joy. xd.png

Also, imagining various characters from other fandoms as ponies is great joy. xd.png

AGREED! We are the Anti-Anti-Clone-Destruction Brigade!

...uh, long story. Very long story. xd.png

Ugh. I'm trying to get my friend into becoming a brony(I think it helped that another of my friends admitted to being one!), but I can't seem to get him to even consider watching it. dry.gif

AGREED! We are the Anti-Anti-Clone-Destruction Brigade!

...uh, long story. Very long story. xd.png

Ugh. I'm trying to get my friend into becoming a brony(I think it helped that another of my friends admitted to being one!), but I can't seem to get him to even consider watching it.  dry.gif

Know how you feel! It's mostly to do with maturity, I have a friend in my grade who is nearly a year younger than me (and he acts it). He's called MLP gay multiple times, thinks that I'm a loser because I watch it. I face palm often at how naive he is, not understanding how many people actually watch this show. Mind you, he's also the kid who's buying a PS3 in a schools of X-Boxers so he won't have to pay for live, and he claims "The games are exactly the same". Sorry, off topic. Heading back on...NOW!

Since Ditzy Doo's fan name is her real name now, I betcha we end up with Dr. Whooves and DJ-Pon3 getting called by name too! It won't be the same effect, bu man would it be cool!

Huh boy...look at all those spelling mistakes...IPods are flipping impossible to type with!

Edited by stromzone

Actually, DJ Pon-3 was officially named- check out the Equestria Girls extended promo.

As for Doctor Whooves... He hasn't been named yet, but he showed up a lot in the latest episode. Also, villain song!

Actually, DJ Pon-3 was officially named- check out the Equestria Girls extended promo.

As for Doctor Whooves... He hasn't been named yet, but he showed up a lot in the latest episode. Also, villain song!

Watched the first few seconds.Fluttershy blushes...joy, brace yourselves for Flutterdash shipping... dry.gif

Ugh. I'm trying to get my friend into becoming a brony(I think it helped that another of my friends admitted to being one!), but I can't seem to get him to even consider watching it. dry.gif

If he doesn't want to watch it, then don't force him--he'll just get annoyed with you if you push the envelope. I avoid people who constantly pressure me into doing something I don't want to do.

At the end of the cider-brothers song, you can see 2 Doctor Whooves...

But I LMAO'd when I saw him turning the hourglass.

If he doesn't want to watch it, then don't force him--he'll just get annoyed with you if you push the envelope. I avoid people who constantly pressure me into doing something I don't want to do.

I had ponies pushed upon me! Now I'm a full time brony

I just got a Fluttershy model from Target-had to beg my dad for her. She came with a comb and Angel in a wagon!

I just love how Rainbow can't get any cider.

Doesn't it seem a LITTLE stereotypical and cruel that they would make 'Derpy' the way she is? From an outsider's perspective like my own, her crossed eyes and constant bumbling REALLY looks like a jab at disabled people--intentional or not. They even named her after a blunder. If they had wanted to make her a character that wasn't as offensive, then why was her very first talking appearance one in which she messed everything up? Why not prove that appearances aren't everything by having 'Derpy' helping to set things up without completely ruining them? Clutziness =/= breaking everything in sight.

The only thing kids are going to learn from 'Derpy' right now is that crosseyed people mess everything up, and that is not fair. I have a friend who is crosseyed, and I know if she saw that she would be very offended.

And while I'm in a ranting mood, I have to say: I really, really hate the treatment different races in the show seem to get. Aren't the three main pony types different races, anyway? Why did the show have to introduce characters like a zebra and a buffalo/bison/whatever to teach lessons about racism? Couldn't they have achieved the same effect with, I dunno, a unicorn who hated normal ponies for no reason? That would be considered 'racism', right?

But no, instead they introduced stereotyped characters who were integrated into the show without a second thought even after experiencing bigotry.

I mean, the zebra? Wasn't everyone hiding away and refusing to even look at her? And then suddenly, the main ponies are like 'oh I'm sorry, you're not as bad as we all thought', and the zebra replies with 'lol it's okay I forgive you for the years and years of prejudice you exhibited towards me without any valid reasons'.

I get the lesson the show is trying to convey to its' audience, but...they fall flat on their face.

I guess this is one reason for me to be glad that my niece makes me watch the show with her: more chances to look at it from a critical point of view and see what it is that the media is trying to produce for children these days.

I saw this, and thought of you.

user posted image

Yeah....I agree, I thought that their handling of race wasn't that well done (although I do like Zecora's character, even if it falls into the "magical negro" trope). I especially disliked how they handled the Native American episode- it was just such a vast oversimplification of such a horrible issue, that is still having ramifications to this day. I mean, I know it had good intentions...but, ugh, it wasn't like that at all.

I am so furious with my grandmother at the moment. Because two of the recording I was making this morning overlapped she decided to stop recording one of them and of course she chose to keep the 8 year old rerun of Yu-Gi-Oh! over the new episode of MLP. mad.gif She cut off the last 10 minutes of the episode, so now I have to wait for it to appear on Youtube to actually watch it. And the sad, cruel irony is that the channel she was wanting to watch was still airing kids shows that she doesn't even watch anyway.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Hearts and Hooves Day!

Excellent episode, even if there is one incredibly creepy pony during the song... xd.png

Also, we've gotten a synopsis of an upcoming episode that could open the door for some more Doctor Whooves gags...

It's About Time: Twilight receives a warning from her future self and drives herself crazy with worry.

Time travel? More insane Twilight Sparkle? Yes!

Edited by Dr. Paine

Ugh, I still haven't gotten around to watching anything but the pilot of season two. DX It looks awesome though. Has Zecora made any more appearances?

Ugh, I still haven't gotten around to watching anything but the pilot of season two. DX It looks awesome though. Has Zecora made any more appearances?

Twice smile.gif She's had a major role in both Luna Eclipsed and The Cutie Pox.