Kanaye

Crochet/Knitting/Needlework

I tried knitting and gave up on it--it was hopeless especially with 2 needles was forever dropping stitches. Sooooooo bring on crochet I fared a bit better in it. I even managed to crochet some horse blankets for my model horses.

But wait my next endeavor was cross-stitch. Oh man is that EVER ADDICTING to say the least. Keep saying I will do one more row,etc biggrin.gif Love 14 ct. Will tackle also 18 or 16 ct. But the one that is really, really addicting is plastic canvas--now that stuff is lethal.

Mom had it shown to her when there was a craft class at the Senior Centre and when she came home and was doing it I was fascinated with it. Asked her if she could show me how to do it. Oh boy and from there I was hooked but good!!!! My first project was from a kit in little houses couldn't figure out the roofs but stuck with it. I thought okay I want something a bit more challenging soooooo tackled the Leisure Arts Dick Martins Gingerbread goodie house. Honestly I thought I was going to commit hari-khari doing it. But I stuck with it and got it done. Now it has a place of honor on our Coffee table for Xmas. Next was a xmas train. That was fun, I even did Mom and Dad a Xmas clock from Bucilla for them one year. Mom and I were in our glory doing it and even selling it. Then Mom developed dementia and could no longer do it. Yet I still continued to do so. She died in a nursing home this year and I miss her very very much and I could still here her offer to help me sew any pieces so I could get them done in time, It is so hard not to think of her and every so often end up crying when doing it. sad.gif

*Hugs LuvDragons!*

I know how you feel. I sat by my Mom's bed many an hour and worked on my cross stitch and chatted with her. She loved my work and watched the progress eagerly. I have been having a real hard time going back to that piece, even though I know she would want me to finish it. It has been 3 1/2 years since she died and I have only picked it up 2 or 3 times. It just brings back such strong memories.

Thanks for posting that, Nynaeve.

I'll have to do a challenges or two next year. Right now I'm far too busy doing other crochet, christmas gifts and baby ones too.

~*~

LuvDragons, its not quite the same but Grams taught me how to sew and I lost her in March. It took until the middle of October before I could even look at my sewing machine, never mind actually sew.

~*~

On another note, my younger sister is having her first baby, a boy.

I made her a crocheted blanket and a knitted sweater.

I don't have the sweater pic yet, it's at work.

~*~

And I knit my niece a dress for Christmas.

Edited by Kanaye

I knit hats. I'm working on a couple of hats for my sister. One is Loki-themed and one is Elsa-themed. I don't think she knows about the second.

Also a crocheter. smile.gif I've been making a bunch of superhero plushies, and I just started making MLP plushies. Just finished a Fluttershy commission for a friend's girlfriend, and I made a Deadpool for myself. I'm going to be doing more, but I'm giving my hands a break for a couple days.

Also a crocheter. smile.gif I've been making a bunch of superhero plushies, and I just started making MLP plushies. Just finished a Fluttershy commission for a friend's girlfriend, and I made a Deadpool for myself. I'm going to be doing more, but I'm giving my hands a break for a couple days.

Oh wow! I wish I was as good as that.

LascielsShadow: I love that Deadpool.

I haven't finished anything in a while. Doing too much stuff lately.

I'm working on a knitted blanket in the round, right now. It's probably just about 3 feet across.

Ima keep knitting in the round till it's 4/4.5 feet across. Then Ima bind off the sides and add a foot to both the top and bottom.

Wish me luck.

Thanks! He's my favorite so far.

Heh, good luck! (You have my admiration for your knitting ability; I could never imagine being able to stick with knitting something that size. I can barely finish a tiny piece of knitting.)

Some more ponies I've made:

Poking this thread because I come bearing MOAR PWNIEZ.

Twilight: https://40.media.tumblr.com/80944878f453662...ornafo1_500.jpg

Applejack (minus her hat for the moment): https://31.media.tumblr.com/7b28aa777707029...ornafo2_500.jpg

Pony Stark: https://31.media.tumblr.com/04db04197def9b9...ornafo3_500.jpg

nameless pony commission for mum's coworker: https://38.media.tumblr.com/c7573fc5d1141d5...ornafo1_500.jpg

aaaaand, the ones I am most proud of at the moment:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/1e569d5f1a9bf10...ornafo1_500.jpg

A pair of PinkiePools! biggrin.gif Only one of these girls is staying-the other is a donation for the Bronycon charity auction. They were so much work (even more than the regular Deadpool pony because of all the hair), but I'm really happy with how they turned out.

Oh yay! Yarn speakers like me!

Self taught (except for extreme basics from my mommy), I like making amigurumi for friends and customers. These are all my own patterns from scratch.

Starting from oldest going to newest:

Pikachu! And from the top!

Little pokemon made for my step children. One didn't decide what he wanted, so I made him a pokeball until he did.

Snoopy for my hubby

Lugia for a good friend I need to find a side view of this one...

Humming bird for my mother dearest

Fluttershy annd...

Rainbow Dash

I've made all of these for someone else, so time to make something for myself. Next up, a Moogle! Eventually...

Nice pieces! I especially like the ponies. (The wings are really nice-I gave up on trying to do open wings on pegasi because they frustrate me, so definitely good work there!)

Edited by LascielsShadow

I love crocheting!

Caylenna, those all look sooo cute!

I just finished a felted bird keychain for a friend and felt like showing it off to someone. The someone will be the entire dragoncave community xd.png

Click for birdie!

Couldn't figure out how to post an image resized sad.gif

Alicia, those little dragonettes are sooooo cute! Well done!

I sew stuffed toys and clothes for them and pictures of my OCs onto large pieces of cloth and they're kinda like 'murals' in a way. I also crochet a bit, mostly scarves. But my sister is really good, she's able to make stuffed toys out of crocheting them.smile.gif

Poking this because I made a new thing:

https://flic.kr/p/pn6Y91

https://flic.kr/p/pn6vSA

Plushie of Blades from Transformers: Rescue Bots

I made him without a pattern for the most part, except for a little help on the boots and the canopy (The blue thing behind his head). The arms were the most vexing part, as it took me a good 2-3 hours to work out a pattern that would look the way I wanted it to, and even now I don't think it's quite right. (I will, however, also say that I am a huge critic of my own work, and always manage to find something 'wrong' with it, so I am maybe not the best judge.) The legs and body were easier, and the head was pretty much no problem, even if something about the shape of it came out a little more TF:Animated than TF:Rescue Bots. Oh, well. I'm not complaining, it's just not quite what I was picturing.

(Yes, I made a plushie of a character from a children's show. Don't judge me. xd.png I love TF:RB. It's actually pretty good, and a nice break from the grimdark of the entire rest of the TF universe. There are no Decepticons anywhere (which is not to say that no evil robots show up-they do, they're just not people the way the Decepticons are), and in general it's wayyy lighter and softer. And it has Blades, who is possibly one of the best bots ever.)

Edited by LascielsShadow

That looks absolutely amazing! Transformers is awesome biggrin.gif

I also totally envy you for being able to make something like that without a pattern! The only thing I can do is adapt patterns..

Oh, I'm working on a little dragon for my friend's birthday (a hatchie Drogon), so I'll post pictures of that once it's done biggrin.gif

Thanks! <3

Yeah, I'm usually more of a pattern adapter too, but for him I was like *looks around; finds nothing* oh crap * panics and makes stuff up*.

Oooh, dragon! Can't wait to see it. smile.gif (I keep thinking of making one, but I get intimidated by the prospect of trying to make the wings.)

Eesh, it sucks when there's no pattern for it! The most adapting I've done so far is on my sister's minion, since the pattern was for a different minion hehe.

The wings aren't actually too hard! I've tried the pattern once before and the only issue I had was that the ends of the wings looked a bit funny, but that's covered up by the wing bones biggrin.gif

(I'm doing this one btw: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dr...-thrones-style)

augh, yeah, I much prefer figuring out which parts of something that already exists I can work with, but there's just not much in the way of TF-style robot patterns.

MINION! biggrin.gif I like seeing all the different ones people make; I haven't made any of them yet but that seems like a really good pattern to try adapting.

Oh, that's really cute! Might have to bookmark it for buying later. The wings do look way easier than some I've seen patterns for.