Kanaye

Crochet/Knitting/Needlework

I didn't go last week, due to money issues. I'm going tonight, and I will ask her. Can't guarantee she'll know, but, I'll try.

I'm close to being done with my scarf that I've been knitting for practice! Thank goodness because that thing has been languishing in my bag for well over six months. (I also got a Ravelry.)

Thank you. :3 That is a good idea.

On another note, I'm wanting to try a crochet pattern I found for a Pomeranian. However, the yarn the pattern calls for is no longer being made. Here's what it says regarding the yarn:

"25g Paton’s Spirit – divided into the darker (orange) and lighter (beige) shades – there will

be more of the lighter shade. (Alternatively use 25g of any brand of dk / light worsted

mohair/mohair mix, in solid or two shades.)"

I don't know nearly enough about mohair to be able to confidently buy a different brand of yarn. I just don't know what would work best for amigurumi purposes.

I use a fuzzy yarn for my cats when I want a long hair amigurumi cat. However I hunt for a cotton based yarn because it keeps the shape better. Sometimes I do cheat and order a fuzzy wool yarn online. The only time I use that fun fur yarn is to add through what I have already made. If I had pictures I would post them but I sent the animals to my nieces in Oklahoma.

A friend is recommended the Luxe Fur of Lion Brand. She has a half-done Jiji the cat and I may steal it from her. It is soft, fuzzy and retaining the shape really well.

(I found the pattern in this thread)

I use a fuzzy yarn for my cats when I want a long hair amigurumi cat. However I hunt for a cotton based yarn because it keeps the shape better. Sometimes I do cheat and order a fuzzy wool yarn online. The only time I use that fun fur yarn is to add through what I have already made. If I had pictures I would post them but I sent the animals to my nieces in Oklahoma.

A friend is recommended the Luxe Fur of Lion Brand. She has a half-done Jiji the cat and I may steal it from her. It is soft, fuzzy and retaining the shape really well.

(I found the pattern in this thread)

Thanks for the recommendation. :3

I got a hook! It's pink and small, but it works for this thick soft yarn. Also, my mom taught me how to crochet! ( like really, not how I used to with fingers ~_~) and I made a wrist cover( or whatever) for my friend's birthday! It could've been a scarf or something, but it was my first one and I kept crocheting too big or too small and the crochet got hard.

I got a hook! It's pink and small, but it works for this thick soft yarn. Also, my mom taught me how to crochet! ( like really, not how I used to with fingers ~_~) and I made a wrist cover( or whatever) for my friend's birthday! It could've been a scarf or something, but it was my first one and I kept crocheting too big or too small and the crochet got hard.

I have a lot of my grandmothers old neddles

Ever since I got a Ravelry I haven't been able to stop queueing projects (queueing. URL=http://xkcd.com/853/]love that word[/url). It's too fun.

~Warning the link has inappropriate language.~

We need a DC Forums group on Ravelry. Who wants to start one?

Edited by _Z_

I LOVE yarn and string and stuff like that biggrin.gif

I used to know how to knit but I think I forgot xd.png but I think I can knit the second row and up but dont know how to make the first or last xd.png

I LOVE yarn and string and stuff like that biggrin.gif

I used to know how to knit but I think I forgot xd.png but I think I can knit the second row and up but dont know how to make the first or last xd.png

Casting-off was the hardest part for me. Although right now I'm trying to learn stockinette and it's not going so well. There are lots of ways to cast-on, and probably a youtube tutorial for each of them.

Continental:

English-Style:

Cable Cast-On: [not a video]

I've only used the first one myself but I also crochet so learning the continental/long-tail was easier since I'm already used to holding the yarn in my left hand.

Ever since I got a Ravelry I haven't been able to stop queueing projects (queueing. URL=http://xkcd.com/853/]love that word[/url). It's too fun.

~Warning the link has inappropriate language.~

We need a DC Forums group on Ravelry. Who wants to start one?

wow that is hilarious xd.png

Also Group Come one, come all! Join the DC Ravelry group. If someone wants to join in as a mod let me know i can edit you in. Also we need a better picture and banner. I really am bad at drawing but will accept any submissions!

So I was almost done with my current needlepoint kit when I realized I didn't have enough light pink floss to finish it. So I set it to the side and opened up another kit. Quickly realized that it didn't have enough gold floss to finish it, but fortunately there's a large area that isn't gold which I'm working on while I wait for that floss to arrive. Except, I'm working faster than I worked on my previous kit, and soon I'll be DONE with the part that I can do.... so I really, really hope the floss arrives soon so I can finish the first kit and keep working on the new one. Some time I'll get around to actually posting pics of my finished kits on my deviantart....

The new kit involves french knots, which I am terrible at. However, somewhere on the internet I read a tip that tiny seed beads can be substituted for french knots, and look cool. So I bought a packet of black seed beads....

Edited by Layn

I finished my silk top!

Here it is! Isn't it pretty?

That looks amazing!

I used to crochet as well as cross-stitch, but I've recently joined our school Knit Club and am getting started on knitting :3

I'm now working on a hat and having many many problems with row 6 of the pattern. Not the least of which is the number of stitches I'm supposed to have in row 5 doesn't match the number of stitches I actually have. Help?

Edit: I fixed it. Turns out I borked up my stitch count in row 4 so adding the increases I was originally supposed to add fixed the problem.

Edited by klinneah

I recently finished this Cavalier King Charles puppy.

My family is going through a financial hard time right now so I've been thinking about making these and selling them on Etsy. Do you think these would sell? The pattern is not my own and is posted online for free (I do have permission from the pattern creator to sell this dog), so I have a feeling that those who are interested might just look up the pattern and make their own.. What do you all think?

Hello there. happy.gif I decided to poke around the other forums outside of trading, and found you guys, which makes me very happy. I crochet, and am trying to learn tatting and lacemaking. My current project is a king-sized Ripple Star pattern that I made myself, and is the first pattern I've ever actually made of my own. It's predictably giving me fits, and I've nicknamed it the yarn eating monster. 5 skeins in, and it barely covers my lap...

I can't remember what I last posted that I was working on, so I'll say that I recently started a prayer shawl (recently as in last night) with some Lion Brand Homespun and let me tell you, that yarn is beautiful. The colorway I bought, Lagoon, looks like fused glass.

I can't remember what I last posted that I was working on, so I'll say that I recently started a prayer shawl (recently as in last night) with some Lion Brand Homespun and let me tell you, that yarn is beautiful. The colorway I bought, Lagoon, looks like fused glass.

I love the LB Homespun. I just finished making my nephew a hat from it, and it was so soft! I'm going to have to make one for me now, along with a matching scarf. happy.gif

My mother has been learning to crochet, and I know how to make friendship bracelets.

Money is tight, so my mom has been thinking of starting some sort of Etsy or Fiverr group to sell on.

I recently finished this Cavalier King Charles puppy.

My family is going through a financial hard time right now so I've been thinking about making these and selling them on Etsy. Do you think these would sell? The pattern is not my own and is posted online for free (I do have permission from the pattern creator to sell this dog), so I have a feeling that those who are interested might just look up the pattern and make their own.. What do you all think?

That is freakin' adorable. I'd totally buy.

Also, am I the only boy in this thread?

Edited by thegreenrobby

That is freakin' adorable. I'd totally buy.

Thank you. :3

A couple days ago, I was crocheting and something happened that has never happened to me before- my crochet hook snapped in half mid-crochet. D: It was just a tiny size E 3.5mm hook, and I have had problems with it bending in my hand when I crocheted tightly, but I wasn't doing anything that would cause a lot of stress on the hook at the time (just regular ole single crochets). It really shocked me and I was really confused at first. Has this ever happened to any of you?

A couple days ago, I was crocheting and something happened that has never happened to me before- my crochet hook snapped in half mid-crochet. D: It was just a tiny size E 3.5mm hook, and I have had problems with it bending in my hand when I crocheted tightly, but I wasn't doing anything that would cause a lot of stress on the hook at the time (just regular ole single crochets). It really shocked me and I was really confused at first. Has this ever happened to any of you?

I had a handmade wooden crochet hook that broke while I was using it, but never any other.