sapphiredragon73

Horses

Horses. I don't think I could ever live without my horses. I love them so much they have become a daily part of my life. I actually want to be able to go to college and study to become a veterinarian specializing in equine and equine repro. I have a good relationship with other horse people in my area and with my vet, so that's what influenced me to do it.

We have Saddlebreds, Arabians, and 1/2 Arabs. We're mostly breeders, but we've got rideable horses that are up to for events and stuff. Definitely not a quarter horse person, so don't ask me anything about them.

I don't think I could kept horse just because that is a lot of work and I get tried from looking/caring for my mom's dog. But I think horses are rather pretty, I enjoy the online pet games with horses, I played pony island of a while a couple of years back. I think I have only gone on a horse once and It hurt because It was a long ride and my first time riding.

I love everything about horse. They've been and still are my FAVORITE animal of all time. I've only worked and and ridden them, but I've never own one. One day I hope to.

I think they're beautiful graceful creatures, and I could not express in words how much I love them. Horses rock!!!

I love horses too, i love riding whenever i can, or just feed and take care of them, they're extremely loyal and fond, i think that humans have a special connection with horses, just like dogs

Violletta, I have owned 1/2 Arabs, and currently own and ride a TWH that we bred from our stallion that single foots. Her dad also single foots. I also own a big QH to.

I can not imagine not owning or riding horses myself. I grew up riding at the age of three.

Edited by ~Kat~

Ah, I really like horses. The feeling of riding is exhilerating, and I like the horses themselves-I like watching them move and eat.

I don't know why, I just like it :R

Edited by greatguy

We train and race racehorses, actually, though usually QH. We prefer them to thoroughbreds.

I have a QH, Zip. He's a red roan and we do showing with him. (Trail and Western pleasure.)

I've been around 'em since I could walk. There's gentle ones, and mean ones. Haha.

Actually, I'm in my first year of 4H, and man, it's pretty fun!!

I love horses smile.gif I started riding when I was 7 or 8, but couldn't have regular weekly lessons until I was 10. I mostly just ride for fun though, I've only ever gone to 2 horse shows and am now off lessons (even though I could still use them. I can't afford them though, so I just work for free rides and ride for fun.) I'm lucky enough to be doing a co-op for school at the barn I've been at for 6 years now, so I get to be around the horses everyday, I just rarely get to ride.

Edited by Winnie22

I have owned horses and ridden all my life. My fiancé has two, I have four, my daughter has one, and the foal in utero will be my son's. My 1996 by Streakettas OH and out of Miss Ramblewood is my competition mare. We have owned the dressage and the combined training circuit. Competing nationally in dressage and regionally in combined training it's a been there done that kind of thing for me.

I began my training career exercising track thoroughbreds, and must admit Pimlico track was amongst the tracks I've exercise ridden. Some of the horses have gone on to become stakes winners, while others have become elite in the hunter/jumper circuit.

Horse is one of my favorite animal. But I ride it only once.

By the way, this year is year of horse. (maybe we should wait until lunar new years day.)

Ah, I really like horses. Especially Gypsy Vanner horses. wub.gif I just look at their feathered legs and go asdfghjkl; I NEED ONE NOAW

http://www.vannercentral.com/images/sterem8528Lmjb.jpg

I would really like to learn how to take care of and ride a horse, to see if I'd be cut out to take care of one when I'm older. happy.gif

I would love a gypsy vanner but they're like idk THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS

:c

Well i guess horses could be kinda ok considering they are related to bunnies...

I adore horses. I truly do. My husband and I co-own an OTTB bay gelding with my mum-in-law. I do not get to see him very often since starting grad school, but every time we drive back to visit my husband's family, the visit must include a stop at the barn for me to see and ride Tommy.

I've been riding since I was a kid and have owned several horses. I don't have one now, but would like to get a Friesian someday....when I've got an extra 25,000 to spend that is... lol I've been looking into Friesian crosses..

I was 7 years old the first time I ever got on a horse. My mom took me to a riding instructor that was known for being tough and being picky about who she instructed. She brought out a big gelding on a halter and lunge line. She put me on the horse bareback and told me to put my hands behind my back. She said, and I'll never forget this, 'You'll either stay on...or you won't', and proceeded to put the horse through it's paces. I stuck on that horse like a burr, and ever since riding bareback is my favorite way to ride. smile.gif I also love to jump, the higher, the better. There's nothing like it in the world. I wish I would have trained for cross country eventing when I was younger...ah, well...Now, I'd just like to ride for the sheer pleasure of riding...

Just saw this so had to post...

Been riding since I was 7, so 29 years!! Not full time as an adult though until about 2 years ago when I was finally able to lease an awesome ottb. We event, and moved up to training level last year. I'm so lucky to have had horses as a kid and to be able to still ride-- it really makes my life complete!

I love horses, especially thoroughbreds! I rode a thoroughbred/Quarter Horse mix at a ranch, he had super long legs, and I had to slow him down constantly. At the Goat Farm I work at, we have 3 "ponies" (I don't know their breed) who are apparently pregnant, and my job this time is to care for their offspring, so I'm excited!

At the Goat Farm I work at, we have 3 "ponies" (I don't know their breed) who are apparently pregnant, and my job this time is to care for their offspring, so I'm excited!

Have fun with those little butts I mean adorable foals. laugh.gif

Just kidding, I love babies. The rescue I volunteer at took in a two-day old colt once, because his dam refused him and the owner couldn't dedicate the time to caring for him. We had to bottle feed him so much, but it was fun. He did go through that stage where he had a terrible attitude, but that was about 2 years ago and he's much better now!

Ah! Love this thread. I love horses as well. When I was in fifth grade I had a friend who collected the expensive models called Breyer. I currently have 29 of those models. They are so beautiful and detailed. I recommend keeping them in box though. I was young and played with mine roughly so most have scratched paint, faded and are dusty but I will never get rid of them. I even named all 29 and I still remember each one by its name. Horses are such beautiful majestic creatures. I wish I could have one of my own. biggrin.gif

Have fun with those little butts I mean adorable foals. laugh.gif

Just kidding, I love babies. The rescue I volunteer at took in a two-day old colt once, because his dam refused him and the owner couldn't dedicate the time to caring for him. We had to bottle feed him so much, but it was fun. He did go through that stage where he had a terrible attitude, but that was about 2 years ago and he's much better now!

Haha, now I feel really excited! tongue.gif My dad was a fierier (horseshoe dude), so I got to spend lots of time around horses. I got to lead them out and keep them still, and sometimes clean their hooves too. My favorite I worked on was a white horse (breed unknown) named Legend. He was a little sweetie! Also, I was offered a free colt (It might have been thoroughbred(I don't know), anyways, it was from a rich ranch), he acted like a dog.

Me when I saw this thread:

user posted image

Haha sorry. I had to. tongue.gif

I've loved *cough*beenobsessedwith*cough* horses ever since I can remember. tongue.gif My favorite breed is the Gypsy Vanner. They're sooooooo pretty! biggrin.gif

I love my horses.

My car ended up sliding from the snow into a muddy ditch, today. My half draft pinto tried to help us pull it out. He got it to move about 4 inches before I decided that the tow line couldn't hold up (didn't want to risk his health if it snapped). He was so well behaved and got lots of horsey cookies for being a good sport. Really dependable, hard working and loving animals.