sapphiredragon73

Horses

Ah! Love this thread. I love horses as well. When I was in fifth grade I had a friend who collected the expensive models called Breyer. I currently have 29 of those models. They are so beautiful and detailed. I recommend keeping them in box though. I was young and played with mine roughly so most have scratched paint, faded and are dusty but I will never get rid of them. I even named all 29 and I still remember each one by its name. Horses are such beautiful majestic creatures. I wish I could have one of my own.  biggrin.gif

Don't ever give up these dreams!

I have about 40 of the Breyers models, getting my first when I was six years old. 50 years later, I got my rl horse, a rescue who is becoming one of the very best friends I've ever had. She was severely starved and abandoned when I got her, so I was taking on some real challenges, since there is no history on her. The police never learned where she came from, but she was about 15 years old, and a walking skeleton. It is almost two years of work so far, but she is drop-dead gorgeous now, dark bay, maybe Andalusian, and finally beginning to trust, and feel the love that I have for her, rather than fear which seemed to have been her only protection for so many years. <3

I have about 40 of the Breyers models, getting my first when I was six years old.  50 years later, I got my rl horse, a rescue who is becoming one of the very best friends I've ever had. She was severely starved and abandoned when I got her, so I was taking on some real challenges, since there is no history on her. The police never learned where she came from, but she was about 15 years old, and a walking skeleton. It is almost two years of work so far, but she is drop-dead gorgeous now, dark bay, maybe Andalusian, and finally beginning to trust, and feel the love that I have for her, rather than fear which seemed to have been her only protection for so many years. <3

That sounds a lot like my family's Arabian, Isis. I don't have any pics on this computer of her when we got her back in '08, but she was skeletal and her hooves had grown out to look like tennis shoes. This was before I volunteered at the local horse rescue, so my parents and I nursed her back to health on our own and it was a long, hard process but seeing her improve was a wonderful experience. We're really glad she's a part of our herd now, and trusts us despite her dislike of most people. Her front hooves will never be the same though, since they were in such bad condition and got so many abscesses. They're permanently misshapen but definitely in better condition, and they don't affect her movement or pain her much anymore. Pretty girl now.

Going through the same process with horses at the rescue was really great too, and those came from so many horrifying situations. I just love rescuing so much, even if it's emotionally hard sometimes. <3

I like horses they are not my favourite animal but I like them. My favourite breed is Shires, my grandmother used to have one but he died when I was quite young. I've always enjoyed riding them though I don't have a horse or pony of my own. My best friend is obsessed and there are horses in the field next to our house so I see a lot of them.

I absolutely love horses <3. When I was a little girl, I had my room was themed after horses. I had horse wallpaper(it was more of a pony, but oh well), horse picture frames, and horse decorations. I absolutely loved them (and still do!). But I'm not a big fan of when they step on my feet...(it hurts!)

I hope to get my own one day <3

Edited by LightEyes

Horses are cool. I wish I had one, but then I don't because they are really expensive to but and take care of... . They are fin to draw, though. biggrin.gif

Out of all Racehorses (Thoroughbreds and other Breeds), my favorite and Shue Fly, others being Man 'o War, Secretariat, and No Butt (Her name... x3). Sorry, I've been reading on Quarter Horses and so on, so I had to discuss his topic. <3

i like how horses look and such, thats why i draw them a lot. That, and I like reading about them and stories that feature them. they're just really cool

Horses are my 3rd favourite animal and I think they're all really beautiful. I've always wanted a white Quarter horse but unfortunately we moved houses and don't have enough land for one.

Have any of you horse lovers ever heard of Hempfling? I sat here watching some of his videos on YouTube with my jaw on the floor. He's incredible with horses.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Horses are amazing. wub.gif I think they have a mighty grace in the way they run and I just love it. smile.gif

When I was really little and rode a horse for the first time, the horse had an injured leg and I felt a bit unstable so I was scared of falling off. But riding a horse can be one heck of a feeling. biggrin.gif

I don't know who had a similar experience, but back in 7th grade, on a vacation in Egypt I rode a camel. Boy, was that fun to do! I think it's funny how they get up and go down, it's almost like falling and a bit creepy, but I couldn't stop laughing. xd.png

Pretty, pretty horses! biggrin.gif

Matter of fact, there's a family who owns a few horses right around the corner from our house. Maybe one day soon I'll ask about a ride on one. If I don't chicken out, that is. :'D

I'm currently in the process of horse shopping. I'm looking at a tobiano Missouri Foxtrotter curly (yes, all of those!) mare and a palomino gelding as top prospects at the moment. I haven't actually gone to see either yet, though, so we will see. Photos and videos look good. I'm dying over the MFT mare. I'm just worried because I haven't ridden gaited horses before, so I'm not quite sure how to keep training her gait. If I can find a trainer experienced with gaited horses, no problem.

I've always had a fear of horses, not sure as to why though.

Well, they are quite large. I love them, but I'm a little afraid of riding them because I'm afraid all my research won't do me any good. I would love to have like, a pony or something. Shetlands are so cute.

Well, they are quite large. I love them, but I'm a little afraid of riding them because I'm afraid all my research won't do me any good. I would love to have like, a pony or something. Shetlands are so cute.

Miniature ones might be okay...

Falabellas are adorable. They're so small. I want a small army of them. <3

Seriously, look at how teeny.

user posted image

Falabellas are adorable. They're so small. I want a small army of them. <3

Seriously, look at how teeny.

user posted image

Those are cute!!

I've ridden horses since I was 5 haha. It seems odd to me that they could seem scary, but that's only because I've been around them my whole life. I've had my fair share of falls, bites, and getting stepped on, and injuries (broke my arm once) but i've also had my fair share of nuzzles, flawless courses, bonding, and fun.

Horses are cute. I used to be obsessed with collecting little horse toys when i was a kid.

Horses are cute. I used to be obsessed with collecting little horse toys when i was a kid.

I still have my collection. I need a place to display them, though. My mom has hers, too, from when she was little.

horses r very pretty esp the ones with the foot fluff but alas i must admire them from a distance bcus they are very big and very nervous and i am very small and very nervous