RheaZen

Rhea's Art

I want the template done first. Then color smile.gif

-back wing

-fix wings

-any other corrections

Hm... the thing that's happened to the front wing membrane is still there, you haven't fixed that. You'll want to go back to the original one that I'd edited to see what I mean, as earlier you didn't seem to get it. Basically, you'd still see some of the body behind the membrane, as opposed to being cut off like that.

still dont understand..can u redline maybe so i can see a better view?

I'll do so tomorrow when I've got a class. Try the wing, perhaps? Due to all the problems we've been having, how about making it look like the foremost wing in regards to positioning?

The other way, Sand. So that it's going in the same direction as the front wing. You'll end up wmost of the "hand" hidden by the head/ears.

DX

I simply cannot do hatchlings. I made a couple of really cute sketches and I just can't translate them into a sprite.

user posted image

There's just not enough room to give it enough detail or to know what I'm doing.

*shrug*

Edit:: The other two...

user posted image

user posted image

I know there are many issues with them right now, I'm working on them still.

Edited by tikigurl91

I'll get to you tomorrow too, tiki, though I'll probably only send a few pose ideas/sketches your way rather than sprites.

Hi Rhea! I need some help with this one:

user posted image

I try to help tikigurl91 with the shading is it ok so or do I have to change something?

It is where the head of the other dragon is (I don`t draw a ball there I only thought myself one).

The shading needs a bit of work in that case, most noticably on the wings. I'll elaborate later, I have to get to class!

You've got highlights all on the edges of the front wing, which is odd. It should be shadowed behind fingers and highlighted before them. The neck will be tricky, but using musculature can help to make it look less pillowshaded - right now it looks cylindrical. You'll want to add more highlights on the brow and the cheek. Also, your highlights under the wing membrane are slightly flipped - although it's counterintuitive, the membrane that's wrapping around and up will face more exposure to light than the membrane closer to the body.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by RheaZen

I know something is wrong with the head on this... but what?

user posted image

Sorry about the blue lines. I drew it in my math notes.

That's good, Sand, Now you can try shading again. Low color count, remember.

wonton, there are actually several things off with that dragon... but as for the head, the snout is a bit overly rounded and makes it seem cartoonish. Making it more beaky or squared-off might help.

I'll go fix the head. What else did I do wrong?

If it has to do with the arm I'm not surprised.

Those are adorable sketches but I still have a hard time translating them into sprites...

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by tikigurl91

I tweaked that for you Sand, so don't touch it. Just color and shade.

Not just the arm, but the chest should be more distinct. Is it an amphithere of sorts?

tiki, you're close. They'll take a lot of visualization of foreshortening and such. Don't forget to keep proper anatomy on the wing arms. For the first one, the sings should be in a position so that they look more like they're arms. For the second, besides some smoothing/curve issues, try shifting the leg closest to us so that it "faces" us.