RheaZen

Rhea's Art

As in, you go to the color boxes off to the left and you open one up, then you choose a color? You don't use the eyedropper too to reuse the colors already on the sprite?

Well yes..but like before..when i was blending..before i knew about the checkerboard thingy to blend it...

This explains a lot.

When changing colors, don't go to the selector and manually pick the color. Use the eyedropper tool and take a color that's already on the sprite. You might want to look up a PS-use tutorial. Learn about tolerance and such as well.

You'll have to start over again from the lowest colorcount file. If you don't have a draft saved, just go back in this thread and find one.

Heh..maybe i should remove the little blob of colors next to it and see how many colors i have then... >__> heh..

user posted image

I now only have 51 colors..

Edited by Sandface

That's weird cause i've gone over the entire thing with the colors i'm using...

Edited by Sandface

Hmm. What are the settings on your pencil and eraser? Screenshots if you must (links please, not images).

forgot the arm..down to 48 colors..now i'm very positive i've gone over everything..also when i save it as .gif..it comes up a color thingy..of how many colors i can choose...i can get down to 32 with it looking the same...not sure if thats best choice..but just telling you what i see.

user posted image

pencil settings: http://i55.tinypic.com/2999ic.png

eraser settings: http://i56.tinypic.com/2j2dfyw.png

Edited by Sandface

Sand - Hrrr. It's good that you've gotten it down a lot, but 32 is still a lot for a sprite with only 2 colors. We can work with what you have, but if you can, keep trying to trim it down. Lessee... the line on the face is a little dark, maybe have it a shade or two lighter.

Siryuki - Hm... a little hard to tell what's going on exactly. The lines are a bit rough, but bigger things come first. The wing membrane in the elbow area (the membrane that doesn't end up connected to the wing fingers) is placed awkwardly and isn't really necessary. The legs are overly skinny (especially for a wyvern, since it's only got 2 legs to walk on) and could do with some toes/extra detail. You've got the eye socket facing up rather than sideways. Fix those and then we can move on to smoothing the lines and such.

Okay I went with it and got down to 32 colors...not exactly sure how..because i've gone over the entire thing.

user posted image

1 shade darker on the snout.

Looks pretty good smile.gif Is there anything else on that sprite you'd like to work on? I don't have too much else to say, plus we've been working on it forever.

Any fixing up on the wings part? And what's up with the eye?

Edited by Sandface

The eye's pretty minor, just add in a pixel of color and change the outline color. The wings are fine.

mmkay. But if i needed to keep the color count to a minimal...what would i use to outline the eye and the body?

To outline the parts of the body in highlight, use your shading shades. You will have to add another color in for the outlines in the dark areas. For the eye, you can experiment, though I think using a shade color would work.

user posted image

okay i did that...the color needs to be darker doesn't it?

Edited by Sandface

Oh, nice! It can be darker if you want, but it looks okay as is. No color for the eye?

The eye color is: this color(#00cc78)

I made the chest 1 shade darker:

user posted image

The darker outline does make it more distinct. As for the eye color, it's hard to see the color itself persay, but since the eye as a whole is visible, it's not an issue.

okay, and with the far away wing...the bottomish part ..between the neck and arm closest to us (sorry for wording) it just looks..rather odd, compared to the rest..anything to make that better?

Edited by Sandface

You could add a few highlights to make it less flat, but overall that area won't be perfect because we had to change the angle of the wing to make it easier to work with.

Okay I added some highlights, and fixed up the arm a little bit.

user posted image